Calgary Learn to use those Lightsabers!?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by GoodLife, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manu-Forti Jedi Padawan

echosevin
    My condolences to you and your friends family.

M.F.
  2. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Any time is good on sunday for me just keep me posted.
  3. tk-627 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yrol (echoseven),

Our condolences to you and yours! Safe trip to/from Drum.

As for the BBQ, could you PM me with your address? I could bring my xbox ;) j/k

Also, did you ever get a digital copy of the Calgary Herald Page 3 from May 19th, of us?
    Here's a link to where I posted it to the Badlands site:
    http://www.badlands.ca/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=5134&g2_imageViewsIndex=1
  4. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you to everyone for their very kind thoughts and wishes. It is appreciated:)

Practice/games/bbq will be this Sunday, Aug 7 at my place. So far these are the folks that have said they are coming:

PreludeRM
    Lexial (offerend to bring a salad)
    Old Republic (offered to bring burgers)
    Dooks
    Magpiejen (maybe)
    Tk-627

Anyone else free to attend? I'll handle the drinks, buns, condiments and a few snacks (my hubby has agreed to be our bbq chef). Please let me know by tomorrow night:
    a) if you're coming
    b) what you would be able to bring

Once I have the final count, I'll PM you the party co-ordinates.

Also, I have the following games:
    SW Trivial Pursuit (original editon and the latest DVD edition)
    SW Monopoly (older edition)
    SW Unleashed game
    SW The Game of Life
    SW Escape the Death Star
    ....and some others that I can't remember the names of right now. Feel free to bring any other games you have.

5. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Dave - thanks! I never did get a digital copy. And sorry - I meant to say hello in class the other night as that was the first time I think I've seen you out of costume :)

I'll be sure and check out the site.

I don't have a video games system (I know -we're living in the dark ages!), so please do bring your games. I'll PM you my address.
  6. Twisted-And-Evil Jedi Padawan

Sorry to hear the unfortunate news. My Best wishes are with you all. Drive safely echo seven, I still need a re-match of TP. Sunday sounds good, I can bring burgers, cheese smokies, or hotdogs? Pop as well if needed? Tell me the scoop ASAP. I still can't figure out how to get to a number 2 from a cross-over stance.. .grrr...
    Anywayz c yall later [face_devil]
  7. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    What time on sunday maybe in the afternoon sometime cause I should be back from edmonton on sunday morning. Echo just PM me with the address and time and what I can bring sounds like a good time.
  8. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll grab a bunch of chips and munchies for us.

btw twisted&evil I think I figured it out while I was watering the lawn with the garden sprinkler last night after saber shopping.

9. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  10. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Shall we say around 2pm on Sunday?

T&E - finally! You made it to the boards - WELCOME!! Yes, we will have a re-match. Although I'm sure more than one person in our group will give me a run for my my Republic credits! How 'bout you bring hotdogs and buns?

Ryan - you are the COOLEST!! I can't wait to see your solutions to T&E's problem.
  11. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will bring a salad, box of sprite cans and maybe a crackers and cheese plate or something of that nature. Echosevin..you have all the games I have so I won't bring mine then. how is your practice saber looking? I have sanded and primed mine ...now to the spray painting. Hopefully I will like the color.
  12. Twisted-And-Evil Jedi Padawan

Hotdogs it is then. If there is anything else besides buns and hotdogs please tell me.
    Thanks [face_devil]
    p.s. 2'oclock works ok for me
  13. Old_Republic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Confirmed, myself and hamburgers. I hope it's OK if I bring my dear wife.:D

Trevor
  14. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Give up the bearings and Veritate and I should be there.

15. alexandertrooper1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    myself and my wife would love to come as well please pm the address so we know where we are going. Sounds like it will be a blast. I only know two people going really well but I look forward to meeting you all better.
  16. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, of course spouses are welcome! I will PM my address to everyone shortly.
    Anyone feel like bringing something for dessert?? I was thinking of doing up a fruit platter but if feel like something else, feel free to bring it.

The weather is looking promising for Sunday - +22. Not too hot or too cool....
  17. SithatHeart Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm coming too - what do you want me to bring?
  18. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mr Smith and I are still maybes. I'll try to get our confirmed answer today - we have something at 10am and then something at 6pm-ish, which does technically leave some time in the afternoon :).

If we're coming I will bring something sweet - sadly I won't have time to make anything myself before then, but we will be at the Farmer's Market Sunday morning, so I bet I could find something yummy!

Raj and I have worked out two possible solutions to the '2' cut from the ox-stance. Hopefully - if I can lift my arms by then (maybe I've been over-practising just a bit... :) ) - I can share them.

Jen
  19. Jordain Jedi Knight

star 1
    Echoseven...so sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Unfortunately I can't make it on sunday...I've been working at futureshop almost 40 hours a week and I'm still trying to keep up with my other job...(gurr). The good news is that I get an employee discount...cost + 10%...and we normally carry force effects lightsabers. I'll post on the boards when we get some more. :)

I hope you all have fun on sunday, and may the force be with your practice. Sounds like you are all learning lots! I am going to try and get the 20th off so that I can attend the toy fair.

~Sarah~

Edit: Just to let you guys know, Ryan Weiber has started up a limited run of stunt hilts/blades for fighting. Head over to www.ryan-w.com to check them out. I don't know if anyone really wants to fork out the money to buy one, but they are a good template if we decided to make out own.
  20. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    We've missed seeing you Jordain! Don't work too hard now - save your energy for the toy fair. Perhaps the group should get into our 'gear' and pay you a surprise visit at work ;) Wouldn't that be a sight??!

On another note, I still have to get your input on that wonderful belt you made. I know you got most if not all the stuff at Tandy's but I wanted to take a closer look at yours to see what hardware as well as leather that I need.

Have I missed anyone with the address? If so, please let me know and I'll send it on to you.
    Magpie, hope you and Mr. Smith can at least pop in (if you have the energy) - I'll PM you the address just in case (if I haven't already done so yet).
  21. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Didn't get the PM please send.
  22. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Everyone should have the directions by now (Dooks - I just PM'd you). If I've missed anyone, please let me know.

Won't be on the boards tonight (taking a friend to see ROTS - can you believe she hadn't seen ANY of the SW movies???!! :eek: Don't worry - we had a OT marathon a few weeks ago, and last night we watched the first two prequels. One person at a time, enlighten I shall [face_mischief] ), but I will check tomorrow morning before we head out to Drumheller.

Enjoy your Friday night....!
  23. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    Got your PM Echosevin.. I will be there! Have a safe drive tommorrow.
  24. Manu-Forti Jedi Padawan

I will be at class at 6:30 pm sharp.
    We can go over stuff in the extra first half hr. outside (more space).
    Then at 7:00 move inside. If you can't make it till 7:00 it's OK,
    we will just do review. But if all are there we will start fresh stuff at 6:30.

enjoy the Q.

M.F.
  25. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sounds great![face_mischief]A review would be nice before we move on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.