main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Learning German?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Skiara , Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Nein. Alles mein Leben habe ich nahe Mexiko gelebt. Ich lebte in einer mexikanischen Nachbarschaft. Ich kann besser verstehen, als ich kann sprechen.

No. All of my life I've lived close to Mexico. I grew up in a Mexican neighborhood. I can understand it better than I can speak it.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    >Nein. Mein ganzes Leben habe ich nahe Mexiko gelebt. Ich bin in einer mexikanischen Nachbarschaft aufgewachsen. Ich kann es besser verstehen, als ich es sprechen kann.
    ('lebte' wasn't wrong, but 'aufwachsen' express a lot better what you wanted to say)

Wow, dadurch lernt man es? Ich lebe relativ nah an den Niederlanden, aber bis hierher ist deren Sprache (leider) nicht vorgedrungen.

Du hast meinen Respekt dafür, dass Du drei Sprachen so gut sprechen kannst! :)

(Wow, thereby you learn it? I live relatively close to the Netherlands, but their language hasn't come to this part sadly.

You have my respect, that you can speak three langauges that good!)

Das gleiche gilt für Kostas!

(The same goes for Kostas!)

3. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    Mein Deutch ist nicht so gut.

My German is not so good

How can I say My German is not so good yet?

Sabine, do you have any german radio stations to recomend? I wish to listen through the web. Not just talking but songs as well.

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    >Deutsch

Do you mean: Mein Deutsch ist noch nicht so gut?

Dein Deutsch ist aus meiner Sicht schon ziemlich gut! Wir können uns damit unterhalten! :)
    (Your German is fairly good! We can talk in German!)

Are you looking for German songs as well? Then I have to disappoint you, most songs on German radio stations are in English. Only a few German songs are played there.

The ones I would recommend are SWR3 and 1live. Both have a "Webradio", so you should be able to listen to them. :)

5. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001

The same goes for here. MOst radio stations play english songs and greek folkloric-pop-oriental (oh my! what a mix! :eek: ) songs. I'll listen to the stations you suggest.

THank you.

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Gerne! Und erzähl mal, wie Dir die Musik der Radiosender gefällt. :)
    (You're welcome! And tell us, how you like the music of those radio stations.)

7. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001

Du musst dein Account streichen. Auch, du musstt dein information fuer alles Anwendung streichen (z.B. email).
    You must delete your account. Also, you must delete your information for every application you have added.
    OK, let's see how I score on that. :p
    QUestion: Account is the same in Germna? Is there not a word for that?

Sabine: Diese Musik ist nicht fuer mich. Ich moechte Metalmusik, aber nicht death oder black metal. Power oder progressive metal FTW!

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Warum hast Du Miana noch einmal zitiert? :confused:
    (Why did you quote Miana again?)

>Du musst deinen Account löschen. Auch musst du alle hinzugefügten Anwendungen/Applikationen entfernen/löschen (z.B. Email).

Yep, you can say 'Account' in German as well. Sometime we use 'Konto' or 'Benutzerkonto'. :)

Sorry, dass Dir die Musik nicht gefällt. Ich habe gerade nach Radiosendern, die Metal spielen, gesucht, aber ich konnte nichts finden. :(
    Ich vermute, dass Dir dann SWR3 etwas besser gefallen wird als 1live.
    (Sorry, that you dislike the music. I have looked for radiostations who play Metal, but I couldn't find any.
    I guess, you like SWR3 a little bit better than 1live then.)

9. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    I don;t think I have, have I? :confused:

No need to worry Sabine. I just want to listen for the language. The songs do not bother me. :)

10. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Since a "rule" was promised, but I didn't had the time before my vacation to post it, I post it now.

Keep on the way you do it. Easy, isn't it? ;)
    Write the sentence you want to say and keep a the original translation hidden.

Thanks. :)
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, Mac. :)

Kostas, you've quote Miana and put a line below for me, right in the post before your last one. That confused me. :)

Radiosender:
    Dann ist ja gut! Viel Spaß mit den Sendern und lass mich wissen, wenn Du noch eine Frage hast. :)
    (Then it's good! Have fun with those stations and let me know, when you have another question.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.