main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Learning to Live (A/T) Update: April 2nd!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Courtney_Solo, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Title: Learning to Live
    Author: Courtney_Solo
    Characters: Anakin Solo, Tahiri Veila, etc.
    Timeframe: eh.
    Genre: Romance, of course.
    Notes: Well, I'm not officially "back," but I thought I'd see if I can keep this up. :]
    I must warn you, I remember hardly nothing about how to do this stuff.
    This is all fictional to what is originally known about the characters.
    Disclaimer: I don't own Star Wars, but I do own this book. Do not steal my ideas, please.

It was 6:00 a.m. A lonesome hovercar whisked through the countryside of Coruscant. Its sorry mechanics puttered loudly, disturbing the morning quiet. The only sign of civilization at this hour was a sign informing the driver of a rest station and school. Finally, the vehicle sped past a rundown residence. All the windows were dark except for one. A girl stood in the light, moving away from the door and standing before the figure in bed.

Tahiri Veila woke with a start when her step-sister, Ruth, barged into the room. It was two hours before the first day of school would begin, and Tahiri was already feeling ambitious. ?If I were you, I would grab breakfast on the way,? Ruth stated as she borrowed her sister's hairbrush. ?Dad is in one of his moods.?

Tahiri cringed, her good mood slipping a notch when she heard those words. ?How's Mom??

?Fine,? Ruth grumbled. ?And if she wants to stay that way, I hope she stays hidden in the closet all day. Maybe he won't find her this time.?

?Well, if the situation hasn't improved by dinnertime, I'll call and ask them to hold him a night or two. We can't afford to spend all our credits on his addiction,? Tahiri stated with a quiet sigh, rising from her creaky bed with a smile, even though Ruth knew the imprint of each of the springs in the mattress were most likely temporarily marring her sister's back. The younger girl shook her head at her older sister. How Tahiri always maintained her calm, accepting attitude was beyond Ruth. ?Hurry up and curl your hair,? Tahiri teased, playing with one of Ruth's brown locks. ?I'll drive you to school.?

Tahiri craned her neck in all sorts of directions to find a parking space. The usually empty parking lot was nearly full to the brim with strange looking vehicles. ?This is odd,? she chuckled. Ruth grunted.

?I can't believe they combined our schools,? she complained loudly.

?Oh, it's not that awful,? Tahiri laughed. Her younger sister raised her perfect little eyebrows.

?Easy for you to say,? Ruth teased. ?The Senior population has barely risen, while the Sophomore class is ... ginormous.?

?That could be a good thing, you know,? Ruth's sister encouraged. ?Most of these kids probably live within ten miles of the city, which would land you closer to the mall, should you make some friends. Plus, the classrooms will be larger, which will give you enough room to sleep through Mathematics.? Ruth burst into unrequited giggles.

?I have no idea how I survived last year!?

Anakin Solo let out a barely audible groan as he spotted the overflowing parking lot. He was already late, and parking a good 100 meters away from the school would not aid his situation. ?High school sucks,? he mumbled under his breath, jogging towards the building. The bell was just beginning to ring as he whizzed into his first class.

The teacher gave him the ?evil eye? before beginning the class. Anakin let out a relieved exhale that suddenly caught in his throat as he looked around.
    He was in the wrong class. Too late to do anything about it, he sunk low in his seat and wished his life would end. After class, Anakin raced down the halls, determined to find his first period teacher to apologize before his next class. He didn't expect there to be a small blonde girl who was coming around the bend. The two collided, and her books flew everywhere. Anakin's eyes widened, and he mumbled a 'sorry' before taking off again. Tahiri smiled her forgiveness and picked up her books without a cross word, even though she wished he would have stayed and helped.

Tahiri grabbed her apple and took a seat

2. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Ooh very nice! Please keep me posted when you update!

3. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    I really like this!! Great job.

4. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    yes you should keep posting and if you have a pm list please add me to it.

5. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    ?Welcome to AP Chemistry,? the teacher droned. ?I'm Mr. Jones. If you can't spell it, sucks for you. Go back to first grade,? Mr. Jones handed a stack of papers to one student. ?Take one, pass it around. These are your syllubi for this year. If you lose it, I can get you a copy, but I would prefer not to do so. If you lose it twice, too bad,? he picked up a list hologram. ?I'm going to call roll. Please say 'here' and nothing else when you hear your name,? Tahiri sunk lower in her seat, dreading the upcoming, inevitable conversation. It happened every year. ?This list is not alphabetical, so please pay attention. Hey, you in the black sweatshirt. Yes, I want your comm,? the teenager handed it over reluctantly. ?Alright, here we go. Colin Parker.?
    ?Here.?
    ?Skyler Hendry.?
    ?Here.?
    ?Tahiri Herron,? no one spoke up. Tahiri cringed.
    ?Mr. Jones, I'm Tahiri Veila,? she said softly. ?My mom made a mistake on my application.?
    ?How would your mother make such a mistake, Ms. 'Veila'?? Mr. Jones edited his roll sheet.
    ?Veila is her name from her previous marriage and Herron is her married name,? Ellie licked her lips. ?I go by Velia because ... because I was born before ...,? she hesitated again. ?My father was killed.? A flicker of sympathy ran across Mr. Jones' face as the class began to snicker cruelly.
    ?Alright, thank you, Tahiri. Class, shut up,? he finished roll and came around his desk. ?I want you all to understand one thing: I am good at handing out punishments that I know you won't like. Don't make me do that in this class,? he clapped his hands. ?Alright, any sensible questions before we get started?? A student raised his hand. ?Yes??
    ?Uh, I just wanted to know, where did you get your toupé, Mr. Jones?? The whole class laughed.
    Mr. Jones smiled sardonically. ?From your father, he said he had extras. Please thank him for me. Alright, everyone, here's the deal. You will all have lab partners. Every day that you come in here, you will sit with your partner at the table that I assign. Everyone!? The whole class sucked in their breath and became silent. ?When I am talking, no one else should be talking. Thank you. Like I was saying, you may not switch lab partners, tables, or assignments. Unless you are deathly allergic to a chemical, I will not accept any late assignments. If an assignment is late, it will receive an F unless excellently done or an acceptable excuse is given. Alright, I'm going to call out the names of lab partners. I don't want to hear any complaints,? he looked at his list. ?Colin, you and Andrea will be partners. Hannah, you are partners with Anthony. Robin, Steven is your partner. Nick, your partner is Summer. Tahiri, you and Anakin are partners...?
    Tahiri looked around. Who was Anakin? She saw someone wave slightly at her. It was the boy from the meadow. 'Are you my partner?' she mouthed. He nodded. ?Oh my,? she said under her breath. ?Ruth is going to die...?

?He's your WHAT!?? The hovercar swerved and Ruth fought to correct it. Tahiri held on to the door handle for dear life, wishing her sister had not been allowed to obtain her restricted license.
    ?I said, he's my lab partner. Please,? Tahiri begged. ?Keep your hands at 10 o' clock and 2 o' clock.?
    ?I know,? Ruth emphasized. ?I'm not a baby.?
    ?I'll believe that when I see those hands at ten o' clock and two o' clock,? Tahiri teased.
    ?So, what's his name again?? Ruth asked, checking her eye make-up in the mirror.
    ?Anakin Solo,? Tahiri eyed her sister warily.
    ?Anakin and Tahiri. Ani and Veila. Anakin and Veila. Ani and Tahiri-?
    ?What are you doing?? Tahiri interrupted.
    ?Testing your names to see if you sound good together,? Ruth laughed.
    ?Ruth, you know better than that. I just met the guy, and you are always quick to exaggerate. I only want to be his friend,? Tahiri leaned her head against the window. ?Force, he needs one.?

?Did you meet anyone new at school today, sweetie?? Leia Solo asked her son. Anakin looked up from his meal.
    ?Not really,? Jacen, Ani's brother, responded.

6. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    =D= =D= hope to see more

7. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    *giggles and gives Court a chocolate A/T heart*

love, marybeth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.