main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Learning to See- AU- OC'S Complete 5/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Lovely work, OE. Poor Eitan, feeling like the weight of the galaxy is on him. It must be awful to fear having anyone care about you like he does. He isn't willing to accept anyone's worry. Poor guy.

And now, I have just one thing to add...

BRING ON THE BRAWLING MEN! :D

Shaindl

2. nunnals

nunnals Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2004
    I feel bad for Eitan having to deal with peoples negative opinion of him and now having only one day to decide if he wishes to have Tamir as an apprentice or not. Though he has had a year to decide on the issue and Tamir cant wait forever unfortunately. Cant wait for the next chapter.

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Bar fight!

I wonder what the council will have to say about this?

4. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Maybe I should leave more often - you seem to post a lot then.

Once again, I'm giving up my precious sleep time for Ei'n...

poor Ei'n - being pushed around by the council, but it reali is time for him to decide what to do about poor Tamir. Looking forward to the outcome of the barn fight.

Wonderful oe!

5. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Eitan?s curiosity in Tamir?s doings does betray his concern. :) Everyone else helping the boy should rightfully irk him. All his friends can do is try.

It does look like Eitan has not hit rock bottom yet. [face_laugh] Time for some whoopin.

I heard Hoth is pretty this time of year. ;)

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    BRING ON THE BRAWLING MEN!

Yeah! :D Will there be a PM version involving ollej? :p

OE, there must be something about your sidekick supporting role OCs, because Kiran, like Des, caught my eye immediately. [face_batting] I'll have to add him to the harem.

Hopefully Eitan gets punched a few times in the head, so that his brain gets straightened out. I wonder who the other interested knight is. [face_thinking] Be funny if it was Kiran. Or some evil person! Ooooooh, does Eitan get to fight with someone over Tamir? [face_love]

7. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Jade!

That was a evil thought... :D Kiran taking Tamir as his apprentice, what conflict that would make. :p So close to home. o_O

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! Now the image of Eitan handily wiping up the floor with them (without breaking a sweat- hey, it's MY fantasy) is just darn interesting! Is it all right if I picture him in black leather? O:)

Kiran knew better than anyone that Eitan had endured much over the course of his life, some of it because of the bad choices he?d made. No one could deny however that events had conspired to help worsen matters. The past had left deep raw scars on Eitan?s heart and soul, crippling any chance of happiness and peace he may have found. It was Kiran?s greatest hope that his friend could overcome his past actions and learn to see what was right in front of him before it was too late. That very topic had been discussed between Kiran and Anakin Skywalker just days ago. The young man was deeply worried about his one time mentor.

Poor Eitan! I think he needs a hug. He can PM me any time! Another great chapter!

9. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Jedi bar fight? Sounds like my idea of a good time! [face_laugh]

If I may, I would like to offer some advice to Eitan (like anyone should listen to me - hehe!). You can lie until your brain believes it, but your heart will still know the truth. He knows what he wants, he just has to admit it.

And I'd have to agree. ANYWHERE BUT HOTH!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

10. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Great work. Wonderful OC's, I can't wait to see where this story goes.

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Bekah I figured even someone as closed up as Eitan would need someone to talk to. :)

Shaindl Eitan I think fears getting close to anyone out of fear. Those he has loved in the past have either left him or died. :_|

nunnals Hi new face! Thanks for reading my story. :) I came to the realization that as much as I adore Eitan, he did make some terrible mistakes in the past. Mistakes that not everyone would be able to forgive him for.

PK The Council finds out about the fight. ;)

birdy But I miss you. :( I think it's past time Eitan decides what he wants.

Altaira Maybe Eitan will get some sense whooped into him. :D

Jade I actually considered having Kiran be the one who wanted to take Tamir. Changed my mind rather quickly. Eitan would see that as a betrayal and I figured he's been through enough. :(

Altaira Evil indeed! Not surprising I considered it huh? :p

VaderLVR Eitan in black leather? =P~ I'll have to work that in here. [face_laugh]

DL He certainly knows what he wants. He's just not sure it's the right thing for Tamir. :(

DreamofKenobi Another new face. :) Welcome! I really enjoy creating OC's and am thrilled when my readers find something in them to like.

CHAPTER FOUR

The Jedi who crammed the hallways intent on their chores paused long enough to toss a cursory glance at the figure who pushed past them. It wasn?t often they found one of their own so visibly harried. Paying the looks and whispers that followed his progress no attention, Eitan continued to adjust his hastily thrown on clothes as he hurried toward the Council room. Only one thing interested him at this moment.

He was late. Late for the audience Master Yoda had set up in order to receive Eitan?s final decision concerning Tamir. The fingers he used to try and tame his long disheveled hair trembled noticeably. Taking a corner at a half run, the soles of his booted feet slid on the polished floor. Nearly sent sprawling, he cursed succinctly as he managed to right himself and continued on while silently berating himself.

The reason for his tardiness could be blamed on no one but himself. His confrontation with the young knights had predictably escalated into a physical altercation. The apparent leader of the group had thrown a punch while Eitan?s back was toward him. Alerted by the Force, Eitan has easily ducked the blow all the while wondering about the intelligence of the Order?s newest knights.

A small smile of pleasure curved his lips as he recalled the feel of his fist plowing into the younger man?s stomach. The force of the blow had caused the knight to double over at the waist, enabling Eitan to bring a knee up directly into his face. Teeth bared in a grin of deep satisfaction, his narrowed stare had dared the now prone knight?s comrades to join the fun. Not surprisingly they had respectfully declined as they dragged their moaning and bleeding leader out of the cantina.

Eitan had ignored Kiran?s disgusted expression and the nearby politician?s whispers. Dropping back into his chair, he had spent the next few hours imbibing entirely too much ale. The more he had tried to lose himself in drink, the more his morose thoughts had returned to the subject of Tamir. His friend?s accusing stare from across the table had finally driven him back to his rooms where he had gratefully slipped into a senseless sleep. A sleep which had caused him to be late for this meeting.

Bursting into the waiting area, he offered the senior padawan on duty his fiercest, most intimidating glower.

"I have an audience with the Council," he growled for good measure.

The young man nervously cleared his throat, his gaze shifting away from Eitan?s dark glare. "I?m afraid you?re late for your meeting Master Eitan. The Council has already moved on to the next..."

His words broke off into a gasp of surprise as Eitan swept past him, barely waiting for the doors to open as he stormed into the room. He was brou

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Eiten will certainly need to curtail his anger and need to prove himself with the other Knights before he can truly be a good Master to Tamir.

I liked that he was late! Next time he'll set his alarm better!

Looking forward to the next post.

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Eitan's got a pet :)

14. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Hello there o_e! Home again, and under pressure. Poor Eitan, people have a lot of misconceptions about him. Waiting for the council to see him, I could just feel his unease. They don't understand how much he has sacrificed!

The council is pressuring him to make a decision..hehehe...loved his reaction to the news that someone else is interested in having Tamir as their padawan. His wheels are churning now! I want him to trust himself! ;)

Love the scene in the bar!!! Anyplace but Hoth... [face_laugh] This is great! :D

15. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Dammit OE! Why did you have to end it there? Yay for Tamir...he's finally got what he wanted - hope he can handle the responsibilty of handling a master, especially one as unpredictable as Ei'n. I can't wait to see how their relationship grows, and how it is different than his and Anakin's was.

Also can't wait to see what the council deals out as punishment...I could just see Ei'n having to teach other Jedi hand-to-hand combat or something along those lines. What ever it is, I'm sure the punishment will be entertaining from our perspective.

Edit - you miss me? Well, I guess I'll stick around then ;)

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    HEHEHE! A barfight! Yippee! Those are the grandest of schemes!

Uh oh... that *guy* was wanting Tamir?? Hmf probably juz to spite Eitan was the reason for wanting the boy!

Good show! I am glad Mace defended Eitan! *does a jig* Glad to see the dark skinned buzzard say something worth listening too for once! [face_blush] opps! Did I juz say that! *Snrk*

Great work! Glad he's decided to take Tamir! Uh oh... guess we'll have to wait until the punishment is layed out for Eitan due to the 'spectacle' last eve! hehehehe

Excellent 2 chappies!!

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Thank the Force that Eitan has "seen the light!" I think it helped when he saw who his rival was, though. :D

And no one can smack you down like Mace, and do it so darn politely at the same time.

Loved it!

The reason for his tardiness could be blamed on no one but himself. His confrontation with the young knights had predictably escalated into a physical altercation. The apparent leader of the group had thrown a punch while Eitan?s back was toward him. Alerted by the Force, Eitan has easily ducked the blow all the while wondering about the intelligence of the Order?s newest knights.

A small smile of pleasure curved his lips as he recalled the feel of his fist plowing into the younger man?s stomach. The force of the blow had caused the knight to double over at the waist, enabling Eitan to bring a knee up directly into his face. Teeth bared in a grin of deep satisfaction, his narrowed stare had dared the now prone knight?s comrades to join the fun. Not surprisingly they had respectfully declined as they dragged their moaning and bleeding leader out of the cantina.

Those young knights obviously needed a lesson or two in humility, and who better to administer it than Eitan? Lovely chapter, looking forward to more!

18. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    'bout time Eitan figured out where his path lay. Doesn't he know how long we've been waiting? :p Can't see how he asks Tamir!

Shaindl

19. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    "Free to go and speak with the boy you are," Yoda said, Eitan bowing and turning to leave almost before the words were out of his mouth.

"After we discuss your part in last night's debacle and a suitable punishment," Mace?s words froze him in his tracks.

Eitan didn't quite get away with his altercation, huh? Well, Tamir has waited this long, a few more minutes, er, hours shouldn't hurt. :)

Can't wait for the interaction between Eitan and Tamir. :)

20. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    "The Council never told you about your new Master."

"They told me it was Master Jorba!"

"No, Tamir. I am your Master!

Random silliness. 8-} So Eitan faced the Council with a hangover? [face_laugh] And that bit about Jorba's newly-knighted apprentice - ooooooh, nice burn. Hopefully being Tamir's Master will help Eitan calm down a bit.

Or, you know, we could always have another Jedi Smackdown involving Eitan, Jorba, that other knight, and Kiran. [face_batting]

edit: And I think Jorba should be spaced for those comments about Eitan helping Vos. :mad:

21. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    I like all the real weaknesses you put in Eitan, and his occasional blow ups. [face_devil] He will need to work on them but with Tamir?s influence he?ll have more reason to improve.

Yoda continues to be his knowing supporter and I liked Mace clarifying the Council?s opinion. :) Master Jorba does not look like he will be letting this drop. Eitan still has problems feeling he needs to defend his fighting. :(

when I was late to work for the same reason... I said, sorry man [face_devil] No defense, the headache is punishment enough. :p

22. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Diane Eitan certainly has some adjustments to make in his life style. ;)

PK His very own cubling. :)

tangled_sphere Hi! He knows what he wants. He's just a stubborn one! :D

birdy Here's a posty just for being a good girl and replying to the Shai fic. I know how much you love him. [face_laugh]

Kynstar The punishment isn't too severe. Eitan just better hope Kiran doesn't find out how easy he got off. :eek:

VaderLVR Eitan isn't one to back down. Even if it would be better. :p

Shaindl He may keep us all waiting a bit longer. We may have to gang up and strangle him. :D

Bekah Wait no more my dear! :)

Jade [face_laugh] You crack me up! When will you be back? :(

Altaira Eitan is certaily not a model Jedi. I like him that way. :)

CHAPTER FIVE

The creche took up an entire floor of the Temple and was a place that Eitan had spent no time in since leaving so many years ago. Now as he traveled the hallways that were covered with childish paintings, and echoed with the muted sounds of children at play, he braced himself as if for battle. Dark eyes shifted nervously from side to side as if expecting a small urchin to launch itself at him unexpectedly. It came as no surprise that the Council had chosen this particular chore as his punishment. Creche duty was something that every senior padawan and knight tried to avoid at all costs. What had come as a surprise was that they had chosen this particular class for him to assist. Master Yoda was no doubt determined that he not have a chance to once again change his mind. Pausing outside of the room marked as the art room, he wiped sweaty palms down the sides of his pants and drew in a deep breath before pressing the door control.

A host of sounds and smells assailed him as he took a hesitant step inside the room. The strong odor associated with paints and the quiet clicks of brushes against the containers that held the array of colors were easily recognizable. Conversation was held to a minimum as the young artists concentrated on their drawings. The small figure of the children?s art instructor moved amongst his students, occasionally resting a hand on a shoulder as he offered a word of advice.

Eitan?s gaze was captured by a particular child that sat before a large canvas in the center of the room. Eleven standard years of age, the boy was currently chewing on his bottom lip, forehead wrinkled in thought as he stared at his own work. Shaggy dark brown hair framed a lightly tanned face that hosted a spray of freckles along the bridge of the small nose and a small indentation in the right cheek. Long eye lashes were currently lowered, concealing a pair of deep emerald orbs that usually sparkled with good humor. The Jedi Master found himself riveted by the rarely seen sight of young Tamir quiet and at rest.

Eitan was used to a much more active version of the boy before him. His memory was of a bright and inquisitive boy who, if he wasn?t talking incessantly, was laughing just as much. Tamir vibrated with good humor and a seemingly unfailing cheer about life and the beings around him. Just being in the boy?s presence seemed to have the ability to make Eitan feel relaxed and happy. Without really thinking about it, he sent out a questing tendril in the boy?s direction.

Tamir?s head snapped around, the deep green eyes honing in on Eitan with unerring accuracy. A look of pure delight lit up the youth?s entire being as he hastily set his supplies down. The class instructor glanced up and watched curiously as his young charge launched himself across the room. A grunt escaped Eitan?s parted lips as the small body slammed into him, thin arms wrapping around his waist.

"You?re back and in one piece!" Tamir exclaimed happily, pulling back in order to gaze up at Eitan adoringly.

"For the most part," Eitan replied, a blush staining his cheeks at the attention he was receiving from the rooms occupants.

"Are you here for any particular reason?" Tamir

23. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yippee! He's finally asked!!! *Snrk* Coward is he? I'd say!! But he has the right to be! Taking on an apprentice is not an easy task!!!

Great job!! Loved the tension and the working up on it! :D :D

Liked that young Master ;) hehehehe drag it out of him hehehe

24. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    LMAO!!! The perfect punishment, but it looks like Ei'n got out of a lot of work...

YAY!!! YIPPIEE!!! and, of course, it's about damn time Ei'n!

I love the way he had to approach Tamir, to work up the courage, and how the little fireball reacted.

Kick-Ass OE!

25. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Loved that he finally got up the gumption to ask. About bloody time. Very very sweet, and I think if he lets him, Tamir will make him a very happy man, just like Anakin did for a short while.

Great job!

Shaindl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.