main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Learning to See- AU- OC'S Complete 5/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    "Your leaving is responsible for that." Kiran ignored the way his friend flinched at the words. "He became very focused on being the perfect student, his personality undergoing a radical change. I?m sure you aren?t aware of it, but he hasn?t drawn since that day."

"I?d wondered," Eitan admitted mournfully. "He left his sketchbook on Alona, only the drawings of me left inside. It took seeing that to make me understand the severity of what my decision would cost him in the long run. If there were some way for me to make it all up to him, I?d do it in a heartbeat."

Something about that is very sad. :( Because even though people can change as they grow older, it's like this change was forced and unnatural.

Loved how you stuck in a reference to a certain past event for Eitan. [face_batting]

So, Sirhc is for Bit what Sala was for Eitan? o_O I think he definitely cares for her, maybe even loves her in his own way (as a friend and all), though probably not on an Anakin/Padme level. [face_love]

2. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    One answered, one to go! :D It's cool the way Kiran has put aside his differences concerning their past to once again find the friendship that he and Eitan once shared. :)

Love the fact that Kiran is going to help and support Bit in his desire and plan to free Eitan from the Temple and impending prison sentence.

Eian shouldn't be surprised that his little group is coming to his aid...after all, he's a very lovable guy. [face_love]

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Well, perhaps we will get a happy ending after all. I can only hope!

The younger man raised a questioning eyebrow as he glanced around. "Where are your babysitters? Please don?t tell me you did away with them before stuffing the remains somewhere along the way?"

[face_laugh] Only true friends can get away with something like that!

Another superb, satisfying chapter.

Please, may I have some more?

4. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    :) Eitan is learning of all his supporters. It was good that Kiran can speak to him honestly and look for advice, means the hurt is healing. I liked Eitan?s reference to his ?experience? ;) from disturbing to obsessed Sala, no good advice to draw on there.

Eitan?s comment about them all going mad just shows even the best can turn. [face_devil] At least this time it is for the better. :D

...sits back and wait for the crew to simply walk him out the front door, only those jedi could get away with it.

5. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh, this is great to come home to :D

The younger man raised a questioning eyebrow as he glanced around. "Where are your babysitters? Please don?t tell me you did away with them before stuffing the remains somewhere along the way?"

[face_laugh]

These two are wonderful together. Eitan is definitely loved and I think he is recognizing just how loved he truly is [face_love]

And so sad about Tamir never drawing after that fateful day...and Eitan realizing the effect he's had on the young man's life. He is so protective of little bit when it comes to Sirch [face_love]

More please! [face_praying]

6. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    More Ei'nfic soon? Please?

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Noi A little late for the birds and bees talk. ;)

Birdy [face_blush] Thanks dear.

Kynstar I think Kiran has every reason to worry. Tamir is at that really hormonal time for males. :p

Jade Tamir's feelings are genuine for Sirch, whereas Eitan merely reached out to Salsa when he was hurting and alone. Xan made a lasting impression that day. [face_batting]

Bekah You and I may find Eitan loveable, but he doesn't see that in himself. Never has. :(

VL It seems Kiran feels comfortable enough to joke around like they did in the good old days. :)

Altaira Walk right out the front door hum? ;) Poor Eitan didn't have the best experiences sexually.

ts Welcome back! :) What Tamir saw as Eitan's betrayal ruined his pleasure in drawing. We'll have to wait and see if he ever regains it.

Chapter Fifty-Three

Tamir moved through Coruscant?s crowded walkways with a decided spring in his step. He was infused with a sense of purpose and excitement now that he?d found something he could do to aid his former mentor. Eitan may not be willing to involve him in any escape plot but it wasn?t up to the fallen Jedi. It was just as Tamir had explained- he was an adult now and could think for himself.

A smile broke over his face as the small diner came into view. Tucked between several much larger buildings, it gleamed with cleanliness and a warm welcoming aura. Stepping through the door, his gaze slowly traveled over the packed interior for a sign of the owner. Instead he felt the air leave his lungs in a rush as he caught sight of a familiar figure in a back booth. His legs were carrying him toward the table before he was even aware of it, the clientele sparing him only a cursory glance before returning to their meals and conversations.

Coming to a halt next to the booth, he simply stood and gazed at the pretty pixie features in an almost reverent silence. Even with her brow crinkled in thought as she perused a flimsi, Sirhc was like a breath of fresh air amongst Coruscant's jaded masses. Her attention was eventually drawn to the figure hovering over her, a warning frown settling over her features as her lips readied a scathing put down. The words died in her throat as she recognized the handsome Jedi who grinned down at her. Swallowing an immediate surge of pleasure, she waved a nonchalant hand toward the empty seat across from her.

"Care to join me?"

Tamir slid behind the table before refocusing his full attention on his companion. His reaction to her never failed to amaze him. Just being in her presence made his heart race and he felt an almost giddy sense of happiness. He knew he was playing with fire by spending time with her but couldn?t seem to do anything to break away at this point. The urge to kiss and embrace her was also frighteningly strong, prompting him to lean back as far as possible in the padded booth. His hands lay flat atop the table as he strained to see what she had been so engrossed in.

"You seemed to be very interested in whatever you?re reading."

"Dex gave me a list of contacts that might have a place for someone with my unique talents." Sirhc set the flimsi down before sliding it across the table. "His words not mine."

As Tamir pulled the sheet close and began to read down the list, she rested her chin on her palm and took advantage of the uninterrupted chance to study him. Although she couldn?t explain why, she could tell he was feeling much more at peace with recent events in his life. His features were softened and gave her a glimpse of what a much younger and unburdened Tamir must have been like. It was troubling to realize that only made him even more enticing to her.

"There?s some really good openings here." Pointing at one in particular, Tamir met her eyes. "That judicial position seems like something you might enjoy. If you like I can put in a good word for you with the Supreme Chancellor."

"You know the Supreme Chancellor well enough to feel comfortable asking a favor of him?" Di

8. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
  9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL! [face_laugh] Dex's turn to say the familiar Star Wars phrase!!

Ahhh this was great! Loved that Dex is willing to help too!

Sirhc is so sweet! [face_love]

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Tamir is in love, Tamir is in love. [face_laugh]

Resting her elbows on the tabletop, Sirhc linked her fingers with his while leaning closer. "I can take care of myself, Jedi, and don?t ever forget it. Now how can I help?"

His body flooded with warmth at the look in her eyes, Tamir brought their entwined hands to his lips and pressed a kiss of gratitude against them. From his position looking out of the kitchen, Dex watched the display with a frown of concern.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Shaking his massive head, he returned his attention to his work.

I'm with Dex. I've got a bad feeling about this.

11. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Oh nice chapter! =D= But I must admit that I share Dex's uneasiness. Tamir and Sirhc? That could get dangerous! But I don't blame the girl! [face_love]

12. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Love Dex? quick acceptance to getting Eitan out, a little action sounds good to him. Tamir seems interested in a bit of action too, [face_batting] but I don?t think it involves Eitan. [face_laugh]

Great conversation. [face_laugh] Now don?t go getting your tunics all wadded up. Their light reunion turned quickly to fun conspiracy. :) And, leave it to a buddy to leak your nicknames. ;)

A little memory lane: I got a sentimental feeling of the support and hope from ROTJ, :D ?General, Count me in? scene. It?s great how everyone is working together without hesitation.

13. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    "Bit?" [face_laugh]

Oh things with Tamir and Sirhc are getting a little out of hand, I'd say. [face_batting] I think Dex should have a bad feeling about it.

But, I'm glad he's willing to help spring Eitan. :D

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    little bit is asking for a world of trouble.

15. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    [jumps up and down clapping hands]
    Bit and Sirhc are so sweet! Although such public displays of affection are probably not good for jedi.

By the way, Bit, I wouldn't trust Palpatine if I were you. You see he's really a sith lord who is planning on murdering all the jedi...

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Jade ;) Thanks for finding time to let me know you're reading.

Kynstar I imagine Dex looks forward to getting in the mix of the Jedi's action from time to time. :D

VL Tamir is feeling some pretty intense emotions. It could become troublesome at some point. [face_worried]

LukesTheMan Tamir can be a sweety. I think Altaira and I may have found out little Bit. :)

Altaira I think you're right. Tamir is looking for a different kind of action. [face_batting]

Noi Dex likes Eitan. Course he'd help even if he didn't I bet. For Obi. :)

PK Tamir has to answer some hard questions today. Poor kid. :(

anekasolo Palps doesn't exsist in this galaxy. Bail Organa is Chancellor. I guess maybe Palps is a Senator from Naboo still. Thanks for reading. :)

Okay kids. I appreciate you all sticking with me. I've got several chapters ready so in order to finish this fic off in the next few weeks, I may have to give you some unbetaed posts. Sorry! :(

Chapter Fifty-Four

Kiran and Eitan turned simultaneously to watch as Tamir strode down the pathway toward the spot they inhabited. Matching smiles curved their lips as the young man immediately moved past them in order to kneel next to the black marble marker. Bending his head in respect, his fingers gently traced the golden lettering that spelled out Master Majid Ratan?s name.

Watching him the two men exchanged proud smiles tinged with a hint of melancholy. They?d both played large roles in shaping Tamir into the Jedi and man he?d become. It was difficult to look upon him and not mourn what had been lost along the way, or what he?d been forced to endure at their hands. While they had known it was for his own good, as a child he?d been unable to look past the feelings of abandonment and loss their actions had caused him.

Sitting back on his heels, Tamir turned his head and offered them both a wide smile of delight. It was obvious that he couldn?t be happier to have them both alive and well and right in front of him once again. The fact that they?d managed to achieve a tentative truce only added to his sense of completeness. The past seemed to have been laid to rest in his mind at least.

"I just spoke to Dex. He?s eager to help us."

Eitan?s smile quickly faded at the news, his gaze sliding toward Kiran in a silent plea for help. His friend purposely ignored the look, Kiran?s own gaze never leaving his former apprentice?s face.

"I assume you already have a plan in mind?"

A shrug accompanied the self-deprecating grin that lit up the young Jedi?s face. "I?m sort of making it up as I go."

"I feel so much better about the situation now." Eitan?s growled remark earned him a cheeky grin from Tamir that had the former Jedi blinking in surprise. This was the Tamir he remembered from his past life, the one who laughed and bubbled with good humor. The one he?d grieved for on a daily basis. A quick glance assured him that Kiran was reacting with nearly the same amount of bemusement at the sudden turn around.

Tamir stood before moving to drop down in front of them with crossed legs. "Dex is in charge of procuring a fast ship and credits. I figure it shouldn?t be too difficult for one of us to sneak you out of the Temple. The Council has already relaxed the security around you considerably."

"No threat of a non Force user managing to escape them." Eitan?s words drew pained stares from his companions which had him shaking his head in exasperation. "How many times do I have to assure the two of you that I?m at peace with this punishment? You?re taking this much harder than I did. Get over it already."

Kiran softly chuckled at the gruff reprimand, his attention focusing on Tamir. "Is there anything else you?d care to share with me, Bit?"

Eitan had to restrain himself from crying out audibly as he was forced to watch the humor slowly bleed from Tamir?s face, a shutter slamming down to mask his feelings. It was obvious the young man was well aware of exactly what his mentor wa

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Woo hoo! Great post.

"I feel so much better about the situation now." Eitan?s growled remark earned him a cheeky grin from Tamir that had the former Jedi blinking in surprise. This was the Tamir he remembered from his past life, the one who laughed and bubbled with good humor. The one he?d grieved for on a daily basis. A quick glance assured him that Kiran was reacting with nearly the same amount of bemusement at the sudden turn around.

This was so beautiful it almost made me cry! I love these characters and you've made them so real that it is very difficult to remember that they won't show up in a GFFA the next time I read an AU novel.

Bravo! =D=

And I got first post! VaderLVR does the jello dance!

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh wow! That was intense for sure! :( Poor Tamir...he had hoped for some help from Eitan...but only got similar advice. Poor kid.

Great chapter!

19. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    I felt very sorry for Tamir in this post. But I can see that Eitan has made peace with his punishment. Hopefully they'll break him out of the Temple without getting busted. I hope! [face_batting]

20. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    His mind refused to even consider that the situation was much more serious than that.

That's not good. :( But Sirhc makes Tamir happy, just as Eitan and Kiran do! Just because Tamir's a Jedi, doesn't mean he can't offer Sirhc anything. No one's thinking about what she wants. [face_frustrated]

Wonder how the Great Escape from temple is going to pan out. [face_thinking] It involves Anakin, so there will probably be a ruckus of some kind. :p

21. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    "I feel so much better about the situation now." [face_laugh]

That was sweet that Kiran wanted Eitan to stay and be part of the conversation. Poor Tamir. But, they are right. His emotions could get him into trouble.

We were knights once also. The real trouble didn?t begin until we?d gotten a taste of being in charge of our lives for the first time. I imagine that is so true.

22. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I think Eitan's situation is the saddest because, as KIran pointed out, all of this was done to protect two children :(

23. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I missed a chappie! :_| You hid it from me! Evil, evil o_e. ;)

Fifty Three

"Sneaking a Jedi prisoner right out from under their noses? That sounds complicated and highly dangerous." There was a betraying glimmer of excitement in the Besalisk?s eyes as he bent closer. "I?m in! What can I do on my end?"

Wonderful Dex [face_love] Glad our little Bit can turn to him and his emotions for Sirch are so sweet. :)

Fifty Four

A family reunion :D I think it means the world to ALL of them to be back together again. And I can feel for Eitan worrying that this little 'plan' will tear it all apart.

I was just thinking about Broken Wings, and you've just got to wonder what caused Eitan to snap out of Vos' grasp, when he had Anakin as an apprentice. I think it was his wonderful friends [face_love]

Poor Kiran and Eitan having to be strict with Tamir for his own good. This has got to be hard, his first love. I don't know if Ki or Eitan ever really had that? Well of course Eitan with his first :p But poor Tamir, this has got to be tearing him apart.

And I'll take an unbetaed post from you anytime, young lady!

24. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Tamir was quickly defensive about Sirhc. I loved Kiran using all his words back at him. How true, we never listen, even to ourselves until it is too late. I don?t think Tamir would not have minded his Master seeing him with anyone else. His guilty conscious is getting to him. Eitan did give Kiran some truthful advice on handling Tamir.

And, I enjoyed Jade reminding me of Anakin and ruckus. [face_laugh] Even AU Anakin tends to be loud in his subtleness.

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    VL [face_blush] Thanks dear. If my OC's touch you even a little, then I'm a very happy person. :)

Kynstar The words were tough, but I think Tamir needed to hear them from both of these men. :)

AnakinsHeir Difficult as it may be for the other's to understand, I think Eitan's punishment was the best thing that could have happened to him at this point in his life. ;)

Jade Great Escape? It won't be very exciting I'm afraid. :p

Noi Eitan's gotten some of his sarcastic wit back. :D

PK It is sad when you think about it, but he has no regrets. :)

ts I've hidden nothing. :p I'm not sure yet how deep into the backstory I intend to take Wings, but I think you'll see events build that make Eitan's decision in Live What You Learn much easier. As for Eitan's first love... I wouldn't describe that encounter as one of love. :p

Altaira Deep down Tamir knows their words are true. Difficult to listen when you're in love for the first time. :(

Chapter Fifty-Five

Eitan sat in his room surrounded by Kiran, Tamir and Anakin, while Obi-Wan stood in the corner with his hands tucked in the sleeves of his robe as if he were there merely as an observer to the proceedings. The former Jedi eyed them with a cynical gleam in his eye as he waited to hear their plan to get him out of the Temple unseen. He?d made it clear that he believed the plan was doomed to fail but his protests had been brushed aside.

The apparent spokesman for the group, Tamir rubbed his hands together as he began. "Anakin has figured out a way to remove your monitor without the signal breaking off. He along with Master Kiran and Master Obi-Wan will come by to visit you which is when he?ll take it off. Once he?s removed it, he?ll attach it to something here in your room so to your guards it will appear as if you?re still in your room. They?ll have snuck in a set of tunics and robe for you to change into. Once that?s accomplished, you?ll all leave the room, one of them leading you right out the front door of the Temple and toward a speeder that will bring you to the ship and freedom."

Eitan stared at him expectantly after he?d finished as if waiting for the rest of the plot. Receiving nothing more than looks of puzzlement from the two youngest men, the former Jedi?s look shifted to one of disbelief.

"That?s it? Your big plan is to walk me right out the front door without getting caught?"

"Well, yes." Tamir looked slightly crestfallen by his less than enthusiastic reaction.

Sitting back with a groan, Eitan ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "I?m well and truly forked."

Crossing his arms over his chest, Anakin?s tanned features settled into lines of resentment. "It will work. It?s brilliant in it?s simplicity. They?d never expect us to just walk you right out the front door."

"Maybe because you?d have to be crazed to try it?" His suggestion greeted with stony looks, Eitan turned an imploring look toward both Kiran and Obi-Wan. "Don?t tell me you two approve of this madness?"

"Actually I do." Kiran replied with faint grin. "Like Anakin stated, it would be the last thing they?d be expecting."

"For the sake of argument, let?s say it works. What happens once they learn I?m gone and had inside help doing it? They?ll come right for all of you and I won?t have that on my conscious."

His irritation put on hold, Anakin shrugged with unconcern. "They won?t have any physical proof so the worst they can do is give us a slap on the hands."

"And if it fails and we?re stopped? The penalty for the person leading me out the front door will be high." Eitan?s gaze rested briefly on each of them.

"It?s one we?re willing to take," Kiran assured him, the others nodding in agreement.

"But I?m not. I?ve caused all of you enough trouble and heartache over the years. Enough is enough." Eitan?s words were weighted with guilt and fatigue.

A pall fell over the room at his announcement, heads hung low as each was briefly re

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.