main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Learning to See- AU- OC'S Complete 5/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Tamir has no problems showing him how he feels. I loved Eitan?s hesitation to build his courage. It?s been a long year :D He needed a bit more time to find the words but, YAY! He asked him! Though Eitan has been reckless I think he?ll be more protective over Tamir.

I needed a happy tissue for that one. :)

Eitan has a very active padawan. It?s a good match, both having what the other needs. I think Eitan may learn more from Tamir than he teaches. :p

2. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    That was great! I liked how they were both nervous about the transition that was about to take place in their lives and how they overcame it. :)

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    about darn time!!!! He shouldn't have let Tamir wait so long or be so upset with him but finally he got up the courage. At Last. :D

I liked that the children were doing something artistic rather than aimed solely at becoming a knight. Gives them a more rounded education.

Looking forward to Eiten being overwhelmed by the chatter of an eleven year old <snicker> [face_laugh] Been there, still doing that!

4. CapNJaxWench

CapNJaxWench Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Eitan is a very interesting and complex character. Quite an enjoyable read. I look forward to more very soon.

5. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Creche duty!!! :eek: Great punishment! ;)

That was so wonderful as Eitan stretches out with the force to reach Tamir who is so quiet and withdrawn at the time. He just lights up! :D

Love how he asks Tamir, just wonderful. The two are a great match. [face_love]

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That would be punishment to me! How do school teachers deal with the little rugrats... I mean darlings?

I'm surprised he spoke the word cubling outloud; to a stranger.

7. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    HAHA!

I loved the whole bar fight concept...the idea of watching two drunken Jedi fight just cracks me up. [face_laugh]

Anywho, I am so glad that Eitan finally took Tamir as his Padawan! (It was about time!!) I can only imagine what adventures are in store for those two!

Great Job!

8. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    WOW great topic..... at last the sequel to a grand story.... will it be just as grand? and consistantly posted?

I sure hope so.....

Tamir is soooo quite!!!

UP!!!!

vishnu

9. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *wakes up and can't find Ei'n anywhere*

*up*

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Well it's about damn time, Eitan. :p

I loved how he was so macho in staking a claim on Tamir, and then was so scared of following it through. Very natural. Now what excitement lies ahead? Eitan's attempts at cooking? Tamir's disgust at the way Eitan leaves clothes lying about everywhere? A spry young padawan trying to get his tired old master up in the morning?

This and more brawling men, next time on Learning to See! :D

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Kynstar Eitan is a coward when it comes to those soft mushy things. ;) BTW got my comics to day! [face_dancing] Only read the Vos one but.... =P~ All that muscled tanned leather covered hunk of dark Jedi! :p

birdy I can't talk to you. You're ostracized. [face_not_talking]

Shaindl Tamir I think will be a very good influence on Eitan. May loosen him up a bit. ;)

Altaira It has been a very long year for poor Eitan. He needs a rest. :(

Bekah These two will have to take baby steps at first. :)

Diane Eitan finds out that his apprentice has an artistic side to him. I think the Jedi probably taught the arts, don't you? :)

CapNJaxWench Thank you. Nice to see you and hope to keep you coming back. :)

tangled_sphere Tamir does light up when he's around Eitan. Not sure why? [face_thinking]

PK It would be more like torture for me to have creche duty! :p Cubling is used by Eitan more as a form of affection, unlike in the beginning.

Captain Two drunken Jedi fighting! [face_laugh] One of my fave scenes also!

son-of-kenobi Hello! I plan to post at least onece a week and can only hope to keep the story grand. Thanks for the reply and for reading. [face_batting]

birdy aw! You upped Ei'n! I forgive ya! :*

Jade Eitan may not be the one with the early morning phobia. ;)

CHAPTER SIX

The creche hallways were congested with younglings making their way toward their rooms. The slow pace Eitan was forced to maintain allowed him the luxury of being able to turn and glance behind him at his newly chosen apprentice. Tamir was following close behind with the droid who carried the few boxes that contained his personal belongings. The boy was currently explaining to the droid the reason behind his move, uncaring that the machine responded in a series of incomprehensible beeps and whistles.

Eitan couldn?t help but smile as he recalled the scene that had taken place when Tamir?s agemates learned of his new status. Beaming with pride as he hurriedly tossed his things into the plastic crates, Tamir had accepted his friend?s excited offers of congratulation with a grin of barely contained excitement. His closest friend, a Nautolan boy named Guinn Marfin, had stared up at Eitan the entire time. His black unblinking eyes had swirled with mixed emotions.

It had been painfully clear the youngling was aware of Eitan?s past and had justifiable concerns about his best friend?s future. Uncomfortable and unfamiliar how to deal with children this young, Eitan had fallen back on his childhood memories for guidance in how to handle the boy?s fears. He could clearly recall how he had felt the day Xanatos had left him behind when he?d been chosen by Qui-Gon Jinn. Initial feelings of happiness for his friend?s good luck had gradually given way to fear and sorrow. Fear of not being picked himself, and sorrow that their friendship would no longer be as close. Those memories had enabled him to pull Guinn aside and quietly reassure him that Tamir was in good hands and their bonds of friendship would remain alive and well.

Eitan paused by the nearest lift and stood aside so Tamir and the droid could enter first. Stepping inside and touching the appropriate level number, the sudden silence had Eitan glancing down to find Tamir staring solemnly at his old floor. As the doors slid shut a small shiver coursed through the tiny body.

"Is everything alright?" Eitan inquired with a trace of worry in his voice.

Tamir took a deep breath and tilted his head back in order to meet his new mentor?s dark gaze. "I just realized that I won?t ever live there anymore. I won?t see my friends very often will I?"

The tremble in Tamir?s words prompted Eitan to rest a comforting hand on top of his head. Forcing a smile to his lips, he spoke with a gentle honesty. "When we aren?t away on missions you will still attend classes with your friends. There will be long stretches where your studies will have to be done as we travel. Being an apprentic

12. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Ohhh, I like the part with the books. :p The fact that Eitan's holo is the only remainder of Xan's existence, that's just sad. :( And I love how he takes the toy ship down, but keeps the holos around. Like he's done with living in the past and from now on just wants to remember it.

Tamir gets his first haircut, oh boy... 8-}

13. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    you're actually talking to me? wow...

Aaaawwwweee - so sweet and fluffy and yet bittersweet at the same time. Just wow!

14. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    The names glinted in the overhead lighting, as if eager to draw attention to themselves.

I just loved that line. So perfectly descriptive.

The post was marvelous. You got both their nerves and emotions perfectly. I like that now he's finally asked Tamir to be his Padawan, Eitan has lost a lot of his nervousness about having a Padawan. The touch with him taking down the model was excellent too.

Better and better, that's what I keep telling you. Great job! :)

Shaindl

15. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    That was sweet - Eitamir mush...anyone have a better suggestion on the combo of those two names? :)

Tamir is good for Eitan! I think his new padawan is just what he needs to help heal those old wounds.

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh this was great! hehehehe A little sad about the Xan part. WOW! They erased him from the Archives? Wowzers... different twist there ;)

Tamir is sooo sweet!! The two are gonna be great! I can see that the boy is gonna be his guiding light ;)

Only read the Vos one but.... All that muscled tanned leather covered hunk of dark Jedi!

Hehehehe what # was it?? The one where him and Aayla 'meet' up again? Man... that was heavy. If Bly hadn't shot Vos... hrmmm I ponder on what would have happened!! I think they'd talk more but now we'll never know...

Hrmmm leather and muscles... =P~ oh yeah! Love Vos! I feel so jealous of Khaleen...oh man that one comic where he grabs her and kisses her... *fans self* oh man oh man oh man!! ;) hehehehe Ack.. where's my fan!! hehehe

Awesome chapter!!! Loved it :) Mush mush mush!

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    that was so sweet - I'm glad that Eiten is finally getting past his past with the help of a winning grin and boy chatter. It's nice that Xan is remembered well by someone. However, he might be aware that Tamir might ask Obi or Ani about Xan and they might give a different viewpoint (esp. Obi).

And I expect Tamir's works of art to be decorating the Master's room in a few days!

Lovely job. Another soon????

18. nunnals

nunnals Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2004
    This was another wonderful chapter, definitly gave me a case of the warm fuzzies.

Touched by the openly honest admission, Eitan cleared his throat and pulled the toy ship down. It represented his past. It was time he put that past behind him so he could focus on the future. Tamir was his future and deserved his undivided attention.

I am glad to see that Eitan is finally starting to move on, Tamir will definitely be good for him. It will be interesting to see how their relationship grows.

Can't wait to see the next chapter, hope its out soon.

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    sweet fluffy stuffy- perfect for a friday night :)

20. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    That was so sweet. :) It?s good Eitan can look on the past without too much pain. A little padawan?s influence. ;)

You caught the excitement of the 1st time good move perfectly. Tamir is full of awe and excitement, I like how it rubs off on Eitan. :D I also liked the quickly passing regrets and Eitan removing Anakin?s toy. The future is looking brighter.

21. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    great post!!!
    keep up the good work....post soon??
    this week?

22. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Happy oe = more Ei'n, right?

Up then...

23. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Tamir and Eitan are soooo sweet together!
    What an excellent surprise having the greeting for 'Padawan Tamir.'

Loved it when Eitan mentions that Tamir has been talking to Obi-Wan and Anakin and he says they think highly of him! I could just see Eitan smiling inwardly.

So poignant when he takes down Ani's ship from the ceiling and welcomes the present. Great job o_e!

24. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Jade Poor Xan was just wiped away as if he never existed. That's gotta hurt. :(

birdy Did you get the warm fuzzies? :p

Shaindl Thanks dear. You're always such a great support. :)

Bekah I think Tamir will teach Eitan his share of things. ;)

Kynstar It was #63 when he kills the senator. [face_love]

Diane Eitan does address several matters with Tamir. ;)

nunnals This new relationship will face some tough tests. [face_worried]

PK I'm so glad I could contribute to your evening. :)

Altaira A brighter future? Well they will have some speed bumps along the way also. ;)

son-of-kenobi Is this soon enough? :)

birdy Does it also make for a happy birdy? [face_thinking]

tangled_sphere Eitan would never admit it but I think he probably got a big thrill out of hearing that Obi and Ani like him. :D

Quick look at the new pairs day to day life.

CHAPTER SEVEN

Morning brought with it yet another aspect to Eitan?s new apprentice that came as a surprise. As he sat at the kitchen table and caught up on the mail that had piled up, he waited for Tamir to emerge from his room. Knowing the boy?s cheerful and chatty nature, he was braced to begin his day with a flood of questions and discussions. Hearing a faint shuffling noise, he glanced up to find Tamir slowly weaving his way toward the table.

Newly shorn brown locks of hair stuck up around the boy?s head, lashes still heavy laden with sleep. Still attired in his sleep clothes, Tamir slumped into the chair across from his new master and appeared to fall back to sleep while sitting up. Eitan pushed his datapad aside and merely watched in amazed silence for several minutes. It wasn?t until Tamir?s head began to fall forward that he reached across the table and gently shook a thin shoulder.

"Padawan. Wake up."

Tamir?s lashes fluttered before lifting to reveal glassy deep green orbs. A frown creased his forehead as he was gradually able to bring Eitan?s face into focus.

"Umph...?"

Fighting back a grin at the questioning grunt, Eitan pushed a steaming cup in front of the boy. "Drink that. Maybe it will wake you up enough so that I can understand you."

Tamir wrapped both hands around the mug and pulled it close. Hunching over, he gingerly sipped at the hot beverage. As soon as he saw the first signs of awareness in the boy, Eitan got up to fix him a plate of food. By the time he turned back with the meal, Tamir was sitting up and a bit more bright eyed.

"Not a morning person Padawan?" Eitan inquired as he set the plate down in front of the boy before retaking his chair.

Tamir picked up a forkful of the food and sniffed at it suspiciously before taking a bite. Between chews he wrinkled his freckled nose at his mentor.

"I?m a little slow in the mornings. Master Allan liked to tease me by claiming I?m as quick in the mornings as a bantha in a foot race."

Eitan nearly choked on his caf at the admission, a cough covering up the laughter. Waving off the boy?s concerned look, he cleared his throat and addressed the day ahead of them.

"I think we should jump right into your training. Start with some meditation before we work on establishing a training bond. I don?t think we?ll have any problem with that. Afterwards we?ll get into a serious sparring session so I can gauge any weaknesses that need immediate attention. I may also set up some sessions with agemates," he shared, breaking off when he saw the expression that clouded Tamir?s features. "Is something wrong?"

A shrug greeted his query as Tamir?s gaze slid away from his. "I?m not the best fighter. I?ve had to take outside lessons to try and catch up with my class. Master Koon assures me that I?ve shown great improvement already."

It was easy to see how worried Tamir was about his admission, a flush staining his cheeks. While Eitan tried to find the right words to reassure him, Tamir continued to speak in a slightly depressed tone.

"I know you?re us

25. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehe I sooo like Kiran hehehehe

Great job! So we find out that Tamir ain't a morn person or much of a fighter. Nothing wrong about that! Why those are sweet characteristics ;)

Great work!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.