main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Learning to See- AU- OC'S Complete 5/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww that was sweet! Specially with Obi speaking up :)

Loved Eitan's compliment about Tamir reminding him of his own Master and Qui. [face_love] Great job! Perhaps now Eitan will have some well deserved peace!

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Since when are you sneaking posts past me?!? :p Loved the one before this...I wonder if Kiran's ever been in love? He knows about lust, but love? I think his attitude might be different if he had been. As for this chapter, Eitan may as well just accept that he's loved too deeply by all of those people and get on with it. Loved that Obi-Wan stepped up to take the blame, if there is any.

Great chapters, OE!

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    "I?m well and truly forked."

LMFAO! I know where that's from! [face_laugh] I'm surprised you didn't pick a line from Nick to re-use. :p

No Anakin ruckus? :( Damn.

4. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    My emotions just get torn to pieces when I read this story. I was thinking about how deeply Obi-Wan's rejection affected Eitan before and now to tell him how much he means to him, and that he is willing to risk everything [face_love]

I just don't want to let go of these characters o_e! And that interaction between Tamir and Eitan...I've been wondering the same thing. I was thinking it was some deep pain at losing Eitan that he had never gotten over. Eitan was his inspiration, that is so sweet.

And you can tell how much Eitan cares for Tamir. Wonderful o_e!

As you can tell, I want a happy ending, but that means things are coming to a close [face_worried] So, if I hope for something bad to happen, I may get more Eitan for awhile?!? But I don't want anything bad to happen to him! :_| He is free for the first time in his life, like he said. And it was so meaningful what Master Majid said to him in his vision.

Alright, I can't wait for more! :)

5. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I think the contrast with Obi-Wan is even more startling with reading "On Broken Wings" and this is the same time. It is really great how their relationship has grown.

It does seem like a really simple plan. Would it be to much to ask for it to work? [face_worried]

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    He didn't really think Obi-Wan would sit there if he didn't support the plan?

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I loved everything about this chapter. Obi-Wan stepping up to take the blame if it all went wrong is typical Obi behavior!

"You were the one who showed me that my drawing was just as valid a form of meditation as Anakin?s tinkering, your reading, or the score of other activities Jedi use. You were also my inspiration-my muse. After what happened on Alona, I couldn?t bear to even pick up a utensil or my pad to make an attempt." Turning back to face his former mentor, Tamir shrugged as if at a loss how to explain. "It just seemed like a betrayal to even contemplate drawing after your fall."

This was VERY touching, a little sad, but quite a tribute to Eitan. =D=

8. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Whoops! I missed a few posts. [face_blush]

Chapter Fifty-Three

His body flooded with warmth at the look in her eyes, Tamir brought their entwined hands to his lips and pressed a kiss of gratitude against them. From his position looking out of the kitchen, Dex watched the display with a frown of concern.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Shaking his massive head, he returned his attention to his work.

I guess Dex doesn?t approve of Sirhc, or is it just that he knows the Code that the Jedi live by?

Chapter Fifty-Four

Kiran had no response for that and fell into a troubled silence as he replayed the confrontation in his mind. Tamir had come so far in recent months. Kiran hated to see all of the young man?s hard work wasted because of a brief fling. His mind refused to even consider that the situation was much more serious than that.

I hope Tamir doesn?t fall for this girl so far that he?d be willing to leave the Order. Of course if he did, then he and Eitan could travel the galaxy together! ;)

Chapter Fifty-Five

Eitan sat in his room surrounded by Kiran, Tamir and Anakin, while Obi-Wan stood in the corner with his hands tucked in the sleeves of his robe as if he were there merely as an observer to the proceedings.

I don?t know why exactly, but I liked the image this inspired in my mind. A man who truly cared about two children enough to give up everything he had and then later on to sit in a room with said children, although grown young men now, and with the two surrogates that stepped in to finish raising them when he could not. Sweet! :)

Eitan stared at him expectantly after he?d finished as if waiting for the rest of the plot.

Don?t worry Eitan, I was waiting for the same thing at first. [face_laugh]

"That?s it? Your big plan is to walk me right out the front door without getting caught?"

"Well, yes." Tamir looked slightly crestfallen by his less than enthusiastic reaction.

Sitting back with a groan, Eitan ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "I?m well and truly forked."

[face_laugh] Loved it! :D

Crossing his arms over his chest, Anakin?s tanned features settled into lines of resentment. "It will work. It?s brilliant in it?s simplicity. They?d never expect us to just walk you right out the front door."

That was cute, Anakin defending his and Tamir?s plan. :) Guess Eitan can still rile him up so to speak. :p

I too loved the way Obi-Wan selflessly stepped forward, putting an end to the debate. [face_love]

The boys obviously worked hard on this plan and to have their former master be less than enthralled with it must sting a little. Lighten up Eitan. Tamir and Anakin have learned a few things in your absence and they had really good substitute mentors. ;)

I?m thinking too that there may be some in the Council who may be okay with this course of action. I thought there were a couple of members on Eitan?s side. :confused: Anyhow, I hope they get away with it but then again nothing ever goes as smoothly as one would hope. :)

9. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Kynstar Our Obi has never been afraid of taking the blame on his shoulders whether deserved or not. [face_batting]

Shaindl Ki's never been in love. He's been a love em and leave em kind of guy. :D

Jade You mean Nick didn't use that phrase? [face_worried] No ruckus for Anakin this time. :p

ts I'm going to have a tough time bringing this series to an end too. :_|

Noi Eitan and Obi-Wan have come a long way from Wings haven't they? :)

PK Well Obi would do anything for Anakin, so I guess maybe he would've been there even if he didn't agree. ;)

VL I found it kind of sad that Eitan was so willing to accept his fate in order to protect them all. :(

Bekah Dex just knows the Jedi view on relationships I think and senses trouble.

Only a couple more chapters left. :)

Chapter Fifty-Six

The mood in the room was a tense one as Eitan, Kiran and Obi-Wan watched Anakin. His face an expressionless mask of focused concentration, the Chosen One knelt on the floor at Eitan?s feet. Each hand grasped a section of the monitor that encircled Eitan?s ankle, eyes closed he immersed himself in the Force. The others could feel a swell in the currents around them as Anakin employed his incredible abilities in order to separate the metal while augmenting the sonic waves it gave out with the Force. All without disrupting the monitoring system.

Holding their breaths, they leaned forward as Anakin successfully removed the band and reattached it to the leg of the chair. Sitting back on his heels, Anakin tilted his head to the side as they waited to see if the guards had noticed any break in the monitor's readings. When no one stormed into the room after several minutes, the group relaxed with an audible sigh.

While Anakin stood and stepped out of the way, Kiran handed Eitan a small bundle of clothes. "Hurry and change into these. Anakin and I will leave first and you and Obi-Wan can follow shortly after."

Eitan?s hands trembled noticeably as he quickly donned the borrowed set of crème tunics and brown boots. Once finished he ran a hand down the front tabards as if in an effort to relearn the feel of the soft fabric he?d once lived in. It had been a lifetime since he?d experienced the sensation of wearing Jedi garments against his skin. Kiran offered him a small smile of commiseration before handing him a dark robe.

"Tamir shared your destination with us. We?ll all be dropping in to see how you?re settling in." He reached out to adjust the hood so that it concealed his friend?s face from view before squeezing Eitan?s arms. "May the Force be with you."

"Thank you for everything, Ki." Eitan?s voice threatened to break as he watched his longtime friend turn to leave.

Anakin pulled him into a rib-aching hug before hurrying after Kiran, leaving him alone with Obi-Wan. The younger man pulled his own hood up and turned an encouraging look toward him.

"Are you ready?"

Eitan hesitated as a sudden feeling of rising panic threatened to choke him. He didn?t realize that he?d reached out until strong fingers captured his own ice-cold trembling digits in a firm and supportive grip. A smooth, calming voice eventually reached him through the loud roaring that had filled his head.

"It?s going to be alright. I promise." Obi-Wan watched him closely, squeezing his fingers when Eitan was finally able to signal with a nod that he was ready.

The door slid open with a hiss as they stepped through and began to stride confidently toward the lifts. It took every ounce of Eitan?s concentration to block out the pain of his still healing leg and maintain an even pace. The senior padawans on guard spared them only a passing glance before returning to their game of cards and conversation. Eitan pressed himself into a far corner of the lift as Obi-Wan punched the button for the main floor. Watching as the levels ticked off, he began to experience the first twinges of hope since the entire plot had been put into motion.

Doors opened ont

10. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You know I loved this chapter. And you know what story I want to see next. :D

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh man! *Whew* that was close! But Yoda let them go! [face_love] Oh well ya gotta give the old troll credit for that one now! :p

I liked that with Eitan telling Obi about Qui's death :( How sad! And the part:

A sudden gust of wind kicked up from out of nowhere, ruffling golden-red hair and leaving him with the inexplicable feeling of being in the presence of his former mentor.

Now that juz gives one major warm fuzzies! Qui would have been glad indeed! :D

Great chapter!

12. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    You mean Nick didn't use that phrase?

Nope! It was Mace! :D

Loved the gust of wind at the end. Very cool. But where's Bit? [face_thinking]

And now that this one's almost over, you can start writing about Bit Bit, yes? [face_love]

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yoda??? Now I did not expect that, but I should have. Master Yoda does what is right, not what is expected! :D

Loved it!

14. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I have been neglecting my internet duties. [face_mischief]

Loved the front door plan. [face_laugh] Doing it openly is the least expected. Eitan was outnumbered and ?forceless? to change their minds. He finally seems to have accepted their plan. :D I?m glad he and Tamir are working through the past, it?s the only way to have a new future.

I agree the other jedi would have paid them no mind. Jedi don?t seem to give a bunch of ?Howya doings?? in passing each other in the halls. :p It?s about time the secretive little troll allowed some good to happen. I have new respect for Yoda?s quiet and many times infuriating manner. :D

All I can say is ?Yay!? Eitan is in the open air and on his way! With Yoda in on it too, nothing can stop them now. Don?t make me a liar. [face_mischief] Great two posts.

15. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    I am so glad Yoda let them go - kind of restores my faith in him after the stupidness in the Council chambers. Still, I would have looked to see Eitan and Obi-Wan's faces the instant they heard him. :D

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I should have expected the old troll to know everything that was happening.

loved the comment at the end about it being a whimsical thought that Qui-GOn was there.

17. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    I just wanted to cry when Eitan feels the wind and thinks about his Master. That was so beautiful! And when Yoda stops them....

I'm so glad he lets them go :)

That was beautiful, o_e, just a beautiful post! The side crunching hug and Obi-Wan grasping Eitan's hand [face_love]

More, please :)

18. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl I know, I know. We shall see. :D

Kynstar Wings will explore the cirsumstances behind Jinn's death and Eitan's knowledge of them. If I ever get back to working on it. ;)

Jade Bit Bit? I know not what you speak of. [face_worried]

VL Yoda was Shaindl'd idea. I was leaning toward Mace. :p

Altaira Yoda has his moments. ;) Hope you get your computer fixed soon. :(

Noi I imagine their expressions were pretty comical. :D

PK Can't slip anything past the gnomed one. :p

ts I may not have made that clear. Opps! It was Obi-Wan sensing Qui's presence. :)

Chapter Fifty-Seven

Sirhc sent her passenger yet another sideways glance as she guided the speeder toward the docking bay where Tamir waited with the ship. Although she?d never admit it to him - or Tamir for that matter - she was more than a little uneasy being in the fallen Jedi?s presence. This man was dangerous enough to make hardened bounty hunters tremble in fear at the very mention of his name. Stap, a being she?d never seen as anything but confident in himself and his abilities, had cowered at this man?s feet.

"Um...What should I call you, by the way?"

Her question was met with a distracted shrug, his dark eyes staring unseeingly at the hectic traffic. "Eitan will do. Or Delano if you?d prefer to keep things informal between us."

Sirhc nodded approvingly. "Delano it is then."

Eitan shifted in his seat in order to get a clear view of her features as she concentrated on driving. It was easy to see what drew Tamir. She had a fresh and open cuteness about her, a half smile curling her lips as if a joke was ready to spill out at any moment. Even sitting in one spot as she was now, it was evident that she fairly hummed with a restless and kinetic energy.

"I don?t believe we?ve been properly introduced."

"No I suppose we haven?t." She took a hand away from the steering control and thrust it in his direction. "Name?s Sirhc Rosta."

The tiny appendage seemed to be swallowed by Eitan?s much larger hand as he brought it to his lips for a brief kiss. "Eitan Delano at your service, my Lady."

Snatching her hand back, Sirhc chuckled and shook her head. "I can see where Knight Tamir gets his charm from. Is that a class the Jedi teach or something?"

An unwilling smile tilted up the edges of his mouth at her question. "I?m afraid I can?t take credit for that portion of his training. Kiran is the charming one, not I."

"Hmmm." The noncommittal murmur was enough to let him know she wasn?t buying his words. "You must have something going for you. Tamir?s unwavering devotion speaks volumes about the type of man you must be to inspire it. He adores you."

"The feeling is mutual." Eitan paused before speaking what was on his mind. "I get the impression he feels likewise about you.?

Her face turned bright red at his words, the small pleased smile that curved her lips telling him more than any words could. "He?s a very nice person."

"Yes he is. You do know that any personal attachments are forbidden within the Jedi Order?"

Sirhc shot him a quick sideways glance filled with something that bordered on despair. "I?m not expecting anything more than his friendship. That?s allowed, isn?t it?"

Eitan ignored the defensive tone of her question and turned back to watch the traffic as he replied. "Yes, but I?d advise you both to strongly consider the ramifications of maintaining this relationship. Something tells me that you?re both feeling emotions much stronger than those of mere friendship. I?d hate to see either of you get hurt."

She remained silent after his short speech, a fact that he was grateful for. It wasn?t his place to interfere in the situation but he felt a responsibility to at least make an effort to steer them away from imminent disaster. They were young and thinking with their bodie's urges rather than common sense.

Sirhc skillfully guided the speeder to a stop by a landing platform attached to one of numerous garages that f

19. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Sirhc is such a doll. I liked her and Eitan's interaction. As cute as Sirhc and Tamir are together, I don't think they will be able to stay together. :(

20. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Definitely Eitan can see what's happening even if Tamir can not. It's so sweet how protective he is of his former Padawan [face_love]

And Sirch can see some of his charm. Looking forward to seeing where this goes, and also how Tamir and Eitan might mend from the events of the past. :)

21. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Lots of chapters for me to read! (oops)

I'm glad it was Yoda that stumbled upon them, not Mace and I loved the scene when they were explaining they escape to E'in--LMAO.

Sirhc seems like she has a good head on her shoulders and I'm glad ot see all the air is clear between the groups.

You'll be sending Eitan to me, right?

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    It was good to see Eitan worry there a lil about Tamir! [face_love] that was so sweet!

Sirhc and Tamir don't truly know what they are getting into... Love is forbidden for a reason and will only cause trouble in the long run. But they are young and perhaps need this in order to see how it is wrong. But who knows *crosses fingers* perhaps these two will luck out. Perhaps these two will be able to accomplish what Jo and Dooku, Tahl and Qui, Siri and Obi, and last but not least Padme and Anakin could not do. There is always a time and a place for something to finally work out [face_love] and hopefully it will be for them two! Those two are so cute together! *dreamy sigh*

Great chapter! Yep definitely can see where the charm came from! ;)

23. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Obi and Siri?

That could never have worked; Obi has ***.

24. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    OE! Don't play Old Moldy One with me. :p I know you know exactly what I speak of, when I speak of Bit Bit. :D

That reminds me, do we get to see Master Gingko ever again? I liked him/her/whatever. [face_laugh]

So now what? Tamir takes Eitan somewhere, and they just separate ways? [face_thinking] Oh! Maybe they're going to Corellia, and Eitan will be reunited with the mother who chose, albeit very reluctantly, to give him up. That would be sweet. :(

As for Kiran being a love 'em and leave 'em kind of guy, is he still my dad? Or has that idea fizzled? :p

25. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Do you think his mom is still alive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.