main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Learning to See- AU- OC'S Complete 5/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    She'd be moldy old, but she could still be alive. Eitan's, what, 60-something? (Yikes!) If she had Eitan when she was only 18, that would make her around 80. She might not be remembering much :p but she could still be alive.

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
  3. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Yoda is so cool! :D To allow Eitan to exit the Temple instead of taking him back into custody.

I'm thinking that if Tamir found out what Eitan talked to Sirhc about, he wouldn't be too happy with it.

So Tamir and Eitan get some time together as they travel to wherever it is he's going. Perhaps they can work through Tamir's feels for Sirhc. Help him discover what it is that he's really feeling.

These OC's you have created are wonderful OE! They've become a part of the family. It'll be sad to see this end. :)

4. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Noi Always in motion is the future. ;)

ts Eitan and Tamir come to a good place today. :)

Birdy Eitan will have lots of time on his hands soon. :D

Kyn Sirhc and Bit? Not sure what the future hold for them. Could make an interesting story. Or not. :)

Jade Master Gingko won't turn up here. Maybe Wings? :p

Bekah Thanks dear. :) You've always been so wonderful about following my fics and embracing my OC's. :)

Epilogue will be up Thursday. :)

Chapter Fifty-Eight

"Is this really necessary?"

Tamir grinned as he covered Eitan?s eyes with the cloth and tied it behind his head. The entire trip had been spent in both serious and relaxed discussion between them. Both men had opened up about the last twelve years they had spent apart, the pain of that separation still raw although well on its way to healing. It had been understandably difficult for Eitan to admit to some of the things he?d done while posing as Kanoa the bounty hunter. Tamir?s gentle look of commiseration had given the former Jedi the strength to reveal everything.

Although extremely exhausting, the talk had also been healing for them both. Eitan felt as if a great weight had been lifted, allowing him to breath easier for the first time in more years than he could count. He saw his feelings reflected back in Tamir?s deep green gaze, the youthful features more relaxed and glowing. Only the young man?s stubborn refusal to share their destination had marred the trip. No matter how much Eitan threatened and begged, Tamir had adamantly refused to divulge the name of the planet he?d chosen as Eitan?s sanctuary.

"Just relax and trust me." Tamir?s admonishment was greeted with a surly grunt as he slowly guided the blindfolded man toward the ramp.

The instant Eitan?s feet hit the ground he tensed, his head tilting back as he sniffed the air. Before he had enough time to get a fix on the sounds and smells around him, Tamir was hustling him into the speeder that awaited their arrival. Barely waiting until his former mentor was safely seated, Tamir hopped behind the controls and sent the vehicle hurtling toward their final destination.

"I really don?t understand all this secrecy. What if I hate the place and all of your plans are ruined?"

"You won?t hate it," was the confident reply.

Eitan sat back with an irritable sigh and tried to use senses heightened by years of intense Jedi training to gauge some idea of his surroundings. If he were still in possession of his Force abilities, he?d have been able to use it to scan both the life forms and buildings nearby in order to ascertain their location. Not surprisingly, the reminder of what he?d lost brought only a momentary twinge of regret before it vanished.

The speeder slowed to a gradual stop, the engines idling before being cut completely. Eitan?s pulse began to race as they sat in complete silence for a few precious seconds, each lost in his own thoughts. For Eitan, it was the realization that he was truly free and moments away from beginning a life that he?d never imagined ever having. It was both frightening and exhilarating at the same time.

Tamir on the other hand, while thrilled with his former mentor?s impending freedom, couldn?t help but feel a sense of loss once again. Eitan would be half way across the galaxy and not easily assessable except by hologram. Tamir would?ve liked to have had him close by so they could see one another as often as possible. It was a selfish wish but one he couldn?t deny.

Getting out of the speeder, he walked around to Eitan?s side and helped him out before untying the blindfold. Before pulling it away he experienced a brief moment of panic regarding his choice of a sanctuary, but just as quickly brushed it off. He knew in his heart that this was the right place for Eitan.

"Welcome to your new home."

The cloth removed, Eitan was forced to blink rapidly as his eyes readjusted to the bright sunlight. His head slowly swiveled as he took in his su

5. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

6. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    :_|

Precious!

edit: Yay! You didn't kill him. :p

7. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    That was so sweet. [face_crying]

I'm glad it was sort of a happy ending and that Eitan is at peace.

8. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Beautiful o_e! You had me in tears with this one. I've been waiting for Tamir and Eitan to come to a reckoning and it was beautiful! : )

And Master Majid's homeworld. Perfect place for him!

Alright, I'm looking forward to the Epilogue!

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_dancing] Yay!! He's at peace!! Ohhh and on Majid's homeworld no less! =D=

Great job!! I loved the fact that Tamir saved those items! [face_love] Ahhh the love, feel the love! :D

Excellent! This fic was sooooo awesome! [:D] Thanks so much for sharing it! Can't wait for the epilogue too! :D

10. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    I've been waiting for Tamir to tell Eitan of how he had kept things that were his. :D Now Eitan knows the depth of emotions that Tamir had for him as his padawan and that he still cared even after all that had happened. Sweet! :)

11. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I loved the honest talk between Eitan and Sirhc. Two strong willed people stating what they feel. I liked Eitan?s wisdom on their relationship but it does fall on ?deaf? ears with the young. Nice interaction between them, I think they are alike so that helps them like each other. Even I had to feel sad for Sirhc as she considers Eitan?s words. She does have a good head on her shoulders, too bad it seems to lead to heartache.

You had me crying :_| with happiness :D for Eitan arriving on Adarlon, going through the chest and more true words between them. Tamir is a loyal friend, even through the worst times. That was a very nice sniffling post. It is wonderful to read something that makes me feel so good. :)

my ?puter?s? fixed but still have some data lock/unlock problems to fix. I?ll finish that tomorrow. Internet?s runnin? fine.

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was sooo sweet :)

13. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    Speechless

wow, between yoda letting him go (which was REALLY sweet) and Bit presenting him with the trunk of memories, thoese were some spectacular posts.

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Birdy :)

Jade I just couldn't go that direction. You know how attached I get to these characters. ;)

Noi Sort of happy? I think the epilogue will assure you that Eitan is where he should be. :)

ts Adarlon always seemed to be a place of peace for Eitan for some reason. I think he'll be happy there. :)

Kyn I didn't want Eitan to be alone so it seemed fitting that Tamir gift him with those important objects.

Bekah I'd toyed with the idea of Tamir keeping a distance between him and Eitan but it just didn't seem in his character to do that. Eitan meant too much to him. [face_love]

Altaira Glad the puters up and running. ;) Eitan and Sirhc have a link in Tamir. :)

PK Thanks dear. :)

anekasolo [face_blush] SO glad you enjoyed. Thanks for the praise.

Okay here's the close to yet another one. I want to thank each and every one of you for taking this journey into unchartered territory with me. [face_love] OC's aren't for everyone so it means a lot that you guys gave them a chance. I'm taking a break for awhile so Wings will be put on hiatus. I'm hoping ROTS will jump start my muse and my weariness with board drama will die soon. If it does I may take up Shaindl and Jade's suggestion and explore an OC romance fic down the road. [face_worried]

Special thanks to Shaindl for all of her hard work as my beta and having to put up with my whining and badgering. You're the best. [:D]

Epilogue

Eitan stepped onto the small porch that wrapped around the front of his home. Tilting his head back, his eyes fell shut as he drew in a deep, cleansing breath of the salty sea air. A cool wind blew across his face, stirring the silver hair at his temples as he savored the chorus of nature?s sounds that rang out around him. As always, he was filled with a sense of peace and rightness, something he hadn?t allowed himself to admit was missing from his life before his return to Adarlon.

Nearly an entire standard year had passed since Tamir had brought him here. The first month of his exile had been spent in solitude as he anxiously expected the Jedi to hunt him down and drag him off to some prison ship. Garen and Bant had arrived unexpectedly one month later and had been quick to put his mind at ease. The Council had informed the Senate and the Supreme Chancellor that Eitan had somehow managed to escape his prison. Master Yoda had assured them that without his Force powers, Eitan was no longer a threat and no attempt to search for him should be made. They had reluctantly agreed.

The burden of fear lifted from his shoulders, Eitan had become energized and struck out to make a life for himself on the planet. Making visits into the main city, he?d soon come into contact with people who had been able to put him in touch with local officials. After much discussion, he?d learned that Adarlon was a planet desperate for its own fleet. A great deal of their income was currently spent on hiring out to an off planet company. Things as simple as their shuttle system were all handled by the company. With their own fleet they?d have the added ability to send their own ships to provide transport back and forth to the tourists that fueled the planet?s economy.

His training and abilities had been included in the fake ID that Dex had procured for him, and learning of them, the local governing body had been quick to offer him a substantial salary. In return, he was in charge of building the fleet, training and hiring the pilots and mechanics, and acting as an overall manager of the fledgling venture. At times it had seemed like an almost overwhelming challenge, but one that was both satisfying and rewarding. He returned home at the end of each day both tired and overwhelmingly happy.

A small smile curved his lips as he heard his guests voices over the waves. His free time over the last year had been evenly divided between solitude, and frequent visits from Coruscant. His Jedi family visited as often as their lives allowed, seldom a mon

15. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Getting the first reply only seems fitting, doesn't it? :)

I hope you feel incredibly proud of the immense saga you've put together. You've created characters that are loved by a great many people, many of them just as much - if not more so - than the canon characters. Only a talented and massively creative author could have achieved that.

I am honoured to have been a part of your creation in a very small way. Some days, it's felt like I've lived with these guys as much you. :p It's been my privilege to do so.

Here's to hoping that you do - after a nice, long rest - explore that next OC story. There are many, many people who would love to read it - and no thinking they don't exist.

You're a great writer and a better person, and I'm lucky to be friends with you. [:D]

Shaindl

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great ending!! =D= Yay! I'm glad he was able to settle down and even got a good paying and well enjoyable job too!

Excellent work!! Loved how you ended it! Glad Obi and Anakin still swing by as well as Garen, Bant, and Kiran! [face_love] I bet he is glad that they had not forgotten him, as if they would!

Thanks so much for sharing this fic and your OCs! They have brought life and enjoyment to my world! [:D] I'll look forward to the OCs romance that ya mentioned! :D

17. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    What a wonderful end to this part of your saga. That?s the way I like ?em, HAPPY!!! :D Eitan has found what everyone should. Peace and happiness that includes good friends. ;)

Thank you so much for sharing all these stories. I have enjoyed every one and have not made the time to read only one of them... I?ll have to do that now. [face_mischief] All your characters are written so good I love them all. [:D] They jump off the page (screen) and breath.

I will miss these but it is impossible to push creativity, as Tamir had found. He has his muse, soon you will find yours.

Thank you again, it?s been fun!
    Cathy

18. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Wow! What a journey. It is so sad that it is ending because I have really enjoyed this story.

It is nice to see Eitan so at peace and happy after all he has gone through in his life. :)

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the ending. Eiten so at peace with what he had become and Tamir, drawing again after all this time.

Great job with your OCs. I hope that you will soon find your muse again and gift us with new adventures.

Lovely.

20. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    It's been a long, bad day for me, and this was the one bright spot. Your OCs are always so full of life. Maybe that's why I have dreams about them. :p

Beautiful story, and I'm very impressed by where you've gone as a writer. Took some guts for you to write OCs (I know that's been hard for you), and to do with Eitan what people weren't expecting, this whole way.

And because of it, Birdy got herself a man. [face_love] :D

Yes, you should do the OC romance. You've come this far with your writing and your characters. Shouldn't be too hard to go just a little further. [face_mischief]

And you have every right to whine to me in the future, because it'll be hard. [:D] It's romance, after all. :eek:

=D= @};-

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was a wonderful ending to this great story. I especially liked how you had Tamir sketching again :)

22. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    Wonderful ending to a wonderful fic. Thanks for the ride OE! :) When you rediscover your muse, please come back and gift us with more of your talented writing and if you ever decide to go elsewhere to write, whether it be Star Wars or something original, please let us know so that we can continue to read your works of art.

Will you still be around the boards even though you're taking time out from writing or are you taking a break from the whole kit and kaboodle? Either way, we'll be here when you get back. Have a nice break! :D We'll miss you! :)

-Bek

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl [face_blush] Awwwww. Stop it! I am proud of Live and especially this story. It was really scary taking the step into complete OC land. I?ve come to love these characters and it means so much that you guys enjoyed them also. I?ve never been a big fan of Star Wars romances but ideas are bubbling. Thank you for always listening and for the occasional kick in the butt I needed along the way.

Kynstar Thanks. :) I decided that he?d suffered enough over the years and deserved a nice ending.

Altaira I owe you a big thanks in return for the hard work you put into creating artwork for me. Because of you, Eitan and Tamir have become so real to me. We do have some unfinished work though and I?ll be in touch soon. [:D]

Noi Thank you for coming along on the ride. I?m a bit sad but happy as well to see it end. :)

Diane Thanks for the support along the way. My muse is showing signs of movement so there may be hope. ;)

Jade It has been a difficult journey but very rewarding as well. I have to thank you, Birdy and Noi for cheering me up when I was starting to feel down about the entire process. Without you guys this story may not have ever gotten written. [:D]

I?ve kicked around some ideas with Jen so we?ll see what we can do about getting you a Bit Bit. :D

PK Thanks. I thought his drawing was a good way to symbolize how they?d reached peace with each other and the paths their lives took. :)

Bekah I?ll still be around the boards. Wings still needs to be completed and I?m hopeful that after seeing ROTS Wednesday night my muse will live again. Thank you for being such a wonderful cheerleader on all my fics. It means a lot. :)

24. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    =D= =D= Bravo! Wonderful ending to this beautiful saga!

As I was there with Eitan watching the setting sun and the ocean, I couldn't help but think of the old hurt that had caused Tamir to never draw again and withdrawn.

And he's found a new muse! [face_love]

Loved the bit with the 'food poisoning' :)

I am so glad I got to meet Eitan and Tamir, its true I love these characters just as much as their counterparts. Wonderful writing! Sit back and let your muse go wild! [face_devil]

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    ts Thanks dear. :) I sat down and the ending wrote itself so who am I to complain? lol It was important to me that Eitan get some well earned peace. My muse is twitching so who knows! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.