main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Learning to See- AU- OC'S Complete 5/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Tamir is a person after my own heart - I'm not a morning person either. Not until after I've had my tea, at least. :D

Great post, OE! They're growing slowly together, which any partnership like that must do. I like how indignant Kiran was about his harsher punishment and how he gave Eitan a hard time about it. Can't wait for more soon!

Shaindl

2. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    More Ei'n mean very happy bird.

Awe - how cute! Poor Kiran!

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I love how you describe the little one in the mornings- sounds just like me

4. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    :D After Tamir?s slow start I was getting tired as Eitan listed the planned activities for the day. That was a long list for a fuzzy brain.

Kiran thinks Eitan got off easy? Somehow I think Eitan?s days may be more hectic at times and Tatooine duty may look good in the future. :p The Lil? Bit is staying out of trouble. It?s nice when they can occupy themselves. Eitan may be wise, don?t disturb them and maybe they?ll forget you?re still there.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I will commment on Chapter 6 right now, I haven't had a chance to read ch. 7.

Loved it! Eitan used just the right combination of honesty and discretion to speak with his new padawan and his friends.

The tremble in Tamir?s words prompted Eitan to rest a comforting hand on top of his head. Forcing a smile to his lips, he spoke with a gentle honesty. "When we aren?t away on missions you will still attend classes with your friends. There will be long stretches where your studies will have to be done as we travel. Being an apprentice can sometimes be a solitary existence. Not all missions are interesting and long periods spent with no one but your grumpy old master for company, may get on your nerves. That?s how you will learn patience and tolerance."

I like Eitan more and more as I read about him. Could he replace Shai as my favorite OC? Hmmm? I don't know, but the contest is tight! Lovely story, and lovely Eitan! [face_blush]

6. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Kiran was unsettled with the way the boy was staring at him so fixedly, his ropy head tentacles twitching. Clearing his throat he smiled weakly.

Looks like Ki may be the next to get a little rugrat of his own. :D Although somehow, I don't think he feels he's ready.

7. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    He calls him Bit? [face_laugh] Too cute.

Maybe Eitan should feed Tamir some caf in the morning, to wake him up a little. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm projecting... 8-}

8. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I loved what Eitan said to Tamir that each person has their own strengths and that he can't compare himself. [face_love] Eitan and Tamir are definitely growing closer. So Tamir's not a morning person, I can relate! ;) They are so sweet together.

Poor Kiran getting to pay the Hutt's a visit. Good thing he's there to keep Eitan in line. ;)

9. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Are you going to write about Kiran's visit to the hutt? He seems like he's an interesting character...

I loved the way that Ei'n reasured Tamir...but if they start the morning off wiht meditation, what's to keep Tamir from falling back asleep?

I love the parent facet to Ei'n's personality.

10. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    good work...............

next post on the 8th??

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Kynstar Tamir tends to be a bit slow in some areas. :)

Shaindl I think Kiran gets great enjoyment out of annoying Eitan. :D

birdy lol ;)

PK Slow in the mornings seems to describe many of you. :p

Altaira I think Eitan was just relieved to have a moment of quiet. :D

VaderLVR Replace Shai? No don't! He needs his fans too. :)

Bekah I don't think Ki will ever admit to being ready for that responsibility. :D

Jade But then he'd have an Adair on his hands! [face_laugh]

tangled_sphere Eitan can be wise when the mood hits him. :p

birdy No plans to expand on Kiran. Your Ei'n has many layers to him. [face_love]

son-of-kenobi Thanks! How about the 7th? :D

CHAPTER EIGHT

Time went by fast over the first few months as the new master and apprentice adjusted to one another. Daytime hours were crammed with Tamir?s regular class load. Inserted in between were more advanced survival training and both individual and group saber classes.

Tamir thrived under Eitan?s tutelage. The glaring weaknesses in the boy?s lightsaber skills were quickly spotted and corrected with diligent practice. It had taken gentle handling on Eitan?s part but Tamir had learned to accept that he would never be as proficient with a blade as either Anakin or Obi-Wan. Instead he would be on pace with the majority of the Order. Impressive in his own right.

Eitan had quickly grown to enjoy their evening hours together the most. Meals were normally taken in the cafeteria since neither of them were fond of cooking. Retiring to their rooms afterwards, they took turns cleaning up before meeting back up in the living area. While Eitan would often retreat behind a book, Tamir would study or draw.

This was also the time of the day where they discussed various subjects. At Kiran?s urging, Eitan had brought up both the subject of Xanatos?s fall, and his own brush with the Darkside. It had been painful to sit there under his apprentice?s adoring gaze and admit to his past bad deeds. The emerald orbs had taken on a grave expression as Tamir had grown unusually quiet as he pondered what he?d learned. Eitan?s held breath hadn?t been released until his young charge had finally spoken with simple honesty.

"Master Allan told us that we would make mistakes along our journey. Different paths would open up to test us. It would be up to us in the end to either cling to our beliefs, or allow ourselves to be swayed," Tamir had explained, his solemn gaze holding Eitan?s. "You wandered from your chosen path but eventually found your footing once again. Master Yoda says that overcoming challenges will make us better and stronger knights. That?s what happened to you Master."

Now as he watched his apprentice move through a newly learned kata, Eitan couldn?t help but feel humbled by the boy?s unwavering belief in him. There was also that part of him that was kept ruthlessly suppressed that taunted him about how undeserving he was of the boy?s devotion. His darker side jeered at the persona he was cultivating as a kind and understanding mentor. It was almost as if he could hear Quinlan Vos once again whispering in his ear.

It can?t last you know? Sooner or later your darkside will reassert itself and the boy will be the one to suffer for it. My influence runs too deep my boy.

Eitan shook off the impending feeling of dread he was immersed in as someone approached.

"Master Eitan, the Council would like to see you and your apprentice," the senior padawan informed him with a respectful bow.

That feeling returned full force at his words. Nodding mutely, Eitan waited until the young man departed before turning an anxious stare on Tamir. Sensing the wild currents that swirled around his mentor, the boy abruptly halted the kata as he faced Eitan with a mixture of curiosity and concern. Savagely thrusting his morose feelings aside, he offered his apprentice a forced smile.

"We?ve been summoned by the Co

12. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Ooh, that Jorba needs to be dropped into the nearest sarlacc pit! Poor kid to be apprenticed to such a bastard. :D

Great post showing how they've grown together. But why do I have sudden bad feelings about this mission? :p More soon?

Shaindl

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    How sweet the two are bonding wonderfully!! :D

Hehehehe Jorba, still in a hissy over the loss *snrk* I feel for Cian :( poor kid prob gets the abrunt of a lot of attitude from Jorba. Poor kid...

Yay!! Their first mission together! :D

Great chappie! Can't wait for more!

14. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Eitan has a bad feeling about their first mission. Wonder if we should echo that feeling.

See, Tamir is good for Eitan. He's already got his Master wrapped around his little finger. :)

More soon?

15. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    My Ei'n? Yippie!!!

OE why do I have a bad feeling about this? It seems like life just got good for both of them finally...

Loved it - looking foward to more soon...well as soon as I finish the novels you pointed out to me and homework and everything else... I really hate you sometimes.

16. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004

The looks of approval that declaration brought to bear on him had Eitan shifting uncomfortably. When his eyes briefly met Master Windu?s, he was certain he saw a spark of laughter in the older man?s brown eyes. It was quickly concealed as Mace leaned forward to address him.

Great postie! Really cool how their relationship is developing. Wonderful story.

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Love Tamir's reactions to his master and the council. Jorba's apprentice :_|

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Really loved the interaction between Eitan and his padawan. But I'm so worried about Cian. Do something about him, will ya? :D

Eitan found it difficult to hold his tongue as he guided his own now troubled apprentice as far across the room from Jorba possible. After losing Tamir to Eitan, Jorba had quickly snatched up his second choice. An agemate of Tamir?s, Cian unfortunately was destined to have a very difficult apprenticeship ahead of him. It ate away at Eitan to think the boy would turn into a duplicate of Jorba?s first apprentice after being under the Jedi?s iron fist. From what he had seen of Cian, the boy was entirely too nice to deserve such a fate.

Lovely chapter, and Eitan just gets better and better. Still gotta love Shai, though. He's my baby.

19. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Eitan?s own devotion to Tamir would cause him to fear making mistakes. They are getting along famously. :D Tamir?s training is important but I hope Eitan?s doubts don?t get in the way. He is learning in leaps and bounds.

I loved Tamir?s understanding of Eitan?s past mistakes. He?s adjusting perfectly but I think it is Eitan who is putting too much measure into his own lack of perfection.

"Is Prince Ifor considered a danger to the government?"

Well, :oops: if you have to ask...
    I agree with the others, with Eitan?s worries I?m anxious about this next mission.

20. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    ..."he has been a gift in my life.." [face_love] This scene is so sweet! Tamir is nervous and these words just bring them both so close.

Tamir's response to Eitan's admissions to past mistakes was just beautiful. But there are demons from the past lurking and waiting their moment to rise. Vos' words were chilling. :eek:

A mission! Hmmm....I have a feeling this is not going to be easy! Can't wait! :D

21. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    No Ei'n today? :(

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    For those interested I put up a viggie on the Xanatos challenge thread. It's sort of a sad prologue to the series.

Guilty By Association

Back here Sunday with an update. :)

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl A bad feeling about this mission? I can't imagine why! [face_devil]

Kynstar We may not have seen the last of Jorba I'm afraid. :mad:

Bekah Tamir certainly does have his new master's number. Smart kid! ;)

birdy You hate me? :( But...I'm giving you more Eitan.

LukesTheMan Thank you! These two are quickly growing to care deeply for one another. :)

PK With Eitan's help, Tamir is feeling very confident of himself. :D

VaderLVR I have no control over Cian's life. ;) I'm glad both Shai and Eitan are pleasing. [face_love]

Altaira It very well be that Eitan is the one who will have the most trouble adjusting. :(

tangled_sphere Those demons from the past may come back to haunt our hero. [face_worried]

birdy Eitan today. :)

Posty up in a bit. Have to retrieve it from the other computer. ;)

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I give Eitan's height in Yankee measurments even though Shaindl reminded that the GFFA goes by metric. My excuse? Eitan's of Corellian American descent. :p

CHAPTER NINE

The quiet rumble of the ship?s engine acted as a soothing backdrop for its passengers. Seated in one of the main cabin?s chairs, Eitan once again gave the information on Prince Ifor a thorough read. His instincts were warning him that there was much more going on then what was contained in the mission report. Governor Karnik?s aide had prepared the file and it was the underlying feel to her words that had him on edge. Her thinly concealed dislike and distrust for the Prince seemed out of place in light of what he had learned from the Council. If Ifor were as harmless as the Council had been led to believe, why did this aide?s words give him the impression that she feared him?

Eyes weary from too much time spent staring at the datapad, Eitan snapped it off and sat it aside. Running a hand across the aching orbs, he leaned back and turned his head to study his companion. His studies completed, Tamir was hunched over the drawing pad that rested on his upturned knees. Forehead creased in concentration, his hand flew across the pad as he created yet another work of art. Eitan had been pleasantly surprised to find that his pupil was actually a very talented artist. A wall of their apartment was quickly becoming covered with drawings and paintings that Tamir had done. The time he spent drawing were the few times Tamir?s chattering came to a complete stop.

Eitan found himself almost dreading those times. Tamir?s chatter kept the dark specters silent.

"What are you working on now Padawan?"

The words spilled forth before he could halt them. He felt a brief moment of smug delight when Tamir dropped his drawing tool and looked up with a small self conscious smile. He had the boy?s undivided attention once again.

"It?s a portrait," Tamir told him with a shrug. "It?s of you actually."

Eitan?s eyebrow lifted in surprise at the admission. "Can I see it?"

A brief hesitation before Tamir nodded and handed him the pad. Eitan?s surprise increased as he studied the half finished black and white drawing. It was an amazing likeness of him, only instead of the brooding dark face he was forced to see in the mirror every morning, Tamir had drawn him much differently. The lines of his face were softer, his dark eyes seeming to somehow convey laughter, his lips lifted at the edges as if he were about to smile. It was a version of himself that he barely recognized.

"It?s very good Padawan," he conceded, his eyes lifting to study Tamir?s nervous gaze. "I?m curious to know why you drew me this way."

Smiling in relief at the note of approval in his mentor?s voice, Tamir took back the pad as he explained. "That?s how I see you."

The simplicity of the explanation left him speechless. Luckily the captain?s voice came over the speakers to announce their imminent arrival on Alona. While Tamir scurried to shove his drawing instruments back into his travel bag, Eitan focused himself. He?d learned early on that first impressions were often more honest and informative than any that were formed later on. Being in the presence of a Jedi for the first time often made beings nervous and unable to conceal their deeper emotions. Over time, once they grew more comfortable, they were more able to shield their true motives.

Their departure from the transport was greeted by a lone individual who stood next to a speeder. The woman was almost as tall as Eitan?s own six foot two inches and her muscled body was shown off well in a leather jumpsuit. Pitch black hair was cut close against her head and a pair of ice blue eyes carefully studied Eitan. It was difficult to tell her age but he guessed her to actually be younger than her pinched look suggested. Pushing away from the vehicle, she reached them and thrust a hand out in greeting.

"It?s about time you got here," she muttered, her hand shake firm and brisk. "I?m Governor Karnik?s aide. Names Sala Libe

25. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh great chappie :) Love the drawing ;) how sweet! Makes Eitan think there doesn't it? hehehehe

Ahhh the mystery begins!!!

Loved how Tamir sensed the woman's fear. :D great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.