main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Learning to See- AU- OC'S Complete 5/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Jorba bad, Cian good. Give that kid a new master!

There's something funny about that aide. Or maybe it's the governor who's the funny one. Or maybe it's me. 8-} I sense the power of the Force in Prince Ifor. [face_thinking]

Obviously, Tamir and I differ in the way we see Eitan when we draw him. :p

I give Eitan's height in Yankee measurments even though Shaindl reminded that the GFFA goes by metric. My excuse? Eitan's of Corellian American descent.

Damn straight, skippy! We Corellian Americans know how things should be properly measured...in talents, of course. :D

EDIT: Weeee, I grabbed Post 100!

2. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    If first impressions are important - then is it a bad thing that I've got a bad feeling about this mission? Maybe it's just lunch...

6'2" ? That tall... *imagines having to look up that high to see into Ei'ns deep chocolate eyes...

Seriously - loved that Tamir has such a wonderful, non-force related gift in the arts...and that his master loves his chatting...

Can't wait for the next part.

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    oh yeah. 6'2 is grand!!! I love'em tall, darkly tanned, darkly haired, darkly eyed, and muscular!! =P~ *sigh* [face_love]

Now to really find a man like that.... hrmmm ;)

4. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Tamir is just so sweeeeeeeeet! :D He does see Eitan as he should be all the time. Tamir being young is a good addition on the mission if his instincts keep up. Most would not suspect a child as a danger. Jedi kid, I know. :)

First impressions, hmmm. So far the planet is doing well from the Governor?s side. Sala seems honest. Looking forward to more dirt. [face_mischief]

Being 5'8'...I also like the 6'2" Yah, he?s a big fella, also like to use my Fargo when I can. :p

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm 5'2''. Hmmm- I guess a foot taller doesn't hurt :D

6. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey cool! I'm 5'2 as well! ;) hehehe prob why I like me guys 6' or taller hehehehe

7. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    *snuggles up with her Ei'n to anxiously await the next post*

*gets comfy*

8. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    *Joins the 5' 2'' club* :D I also loved Tamir's artwork and 'thats the only time his incessant chatter stops' [face_laugh] But the chatter also drowns out the demons...

Definitely something more going on here!!! Ifor is going to be a force to be reckoned with, I fear. Great descriptions and great post o_e You've definitely got me on the edge of my seat!

9. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    great chapter..... or post.....when next???

soon...soon.

10. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    "It?s very good Padawan," he conceded, his eyes lifting to study Tamir?s nervous gaze. "I?m curious to know why you drew me this way."

Smiling in relief at the note of approval in his mentor?s voice, Tamir took back the pad as he explained. "That?s how I see you."

Loved this part! :D It's amazing how two people can see the same thing and yet view the situation so differently.

Glad Eitan has Tamir to help him see the good within himself. :)

11. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Do you wait for this to be upped before you update?

*cuddles Ei'n* It's a good thing I love ya atleast.

12. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Kynstar The mystery is beginning for me too. ;)

Jade I imagine Eitan as having a huge talent. :D Prince Ifor isn't someone to be taken lightly. [face_worried]

Birdy I thought it would make Tamir more real if he wasn't the model padawan. :)

Kynstar Do men like that truly exist? Not in the butt crack of the country where I live. :(

Altaira Yah, he?s a big fella, [face_laugh] Love that! :D

PK [face_devil] Dirty thoughts!

Kynstar We're all midgets. I'm just under 5'2. :p

Birdy ;) Feeling possessive are we?

tangled_sphere Ifor is going to keep this pair on their toes I bet. :eek:

son-of-kneobi Today. Maybe. ;)

Bekah Tamir is good for his master. :)

Birdy Dunno if I should post. Have nothing else written. [face_worried]

13. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER TEN

"The Jedi ambassador is here Kar."

The large leather chair that sat behind a marble desk slowly spun around at Sala?s announcement. Governor Karnik studied his aide through his one eye, the other having been lost in his youth. Even though he looked more like a huge battle scarred warrior than a politician, those closest to him knew he had a razor sharp mind. As he leant forward the sun that streamed in from the window behind him made his shaved head shine brightly.

"I really wish I hadn?t let you talk me into this Sala. Bringing the Jedi in will only incite Ifor even more," he growled in warning.

"We don?t have any leverage that will frighten the prince into behaving. Once he knows the Republic is firmly behind you he?ll have to stand down. This Jedi will help us just by his very presence. He looks like he can handle anything," she shared in a tone that earned her a sharp stare.

A grimace twisted her face as she shrugged. "Contrary to what you and the rest of the men think, I?m still very much a woman. I know a prime specimen when I see one."

Karnik chose to ignore that comment as he leaned back in his chair. "At least tell me they didn?t send some newly minted knight."

"No, he looks like he?s seen his share of trouble."

"Send him in then. May as well get this over with," the Governor sighed heavily.

Sala hurried to admit the Jedi almost as if she feared he?d change his mind if she didn?t. Eitan paused before the politician?s desk and bowed, Tamir following his example. As the two men eyed one another in silence, sizing the other up, Sala made the introductions.

"Governor Karnik, this is Jedi Master Eitan Delano and his apprentice Tamir Vasu."

Karnik stood to extend his hand in greeting to the Jedi. The firm handshake he received in return was promising, as was the penetrating look leveled at him from a pair of dark cool eyes. Sala hadn?t been joking. This Jedi had the air about him of a silent but coiled sandpanther. It was clear that he wasn?t a man to be fooled easily.

"Master Jedi, I welcome you and your young one to Alona. I?m grateful that the Jedi Council saw fit to send someone so quickly," he shared, waving a hand toward the chairs in front of his desk.

Eitan remained standing as he tucked his hands inside the sleeves of his robe. A dark eyebrow arched as he felt the betraying currents emanating from the huge man. "I get the sense that you don?t really welcome our presence here Governor."

Karnik wasn?t quite able to conceal his surprise at the astute observation. Years of political life had taught him well how to deflect attention from his personal thoughts and feelings. Mere seconds in his presence and the Jedi had seen through him with apparent ease. Sitting up he shot Sala a quick approving look.

"I admire your open honesty Master Jedi. I didn?t want to call for help but Sala talked me into it. I?m afraid that your presence here will only make matters worse. Prince Ifor may see our calling for Jedi help as firing the first volley in a much larger and nastier fight."

Eitan felt Tamir shift behind him and spoke without taking his eyes from the politician. His years serving Vos had taught him not to trust nor turn a blind eye on those in public service. "Padawan, you have a question for the Governor?"

"Yes Master," Tamir quickly replied. "The Council was assured that the prince is not a dangerous threat and yet both of you give us a vastly different picture of the situation. I wonder which is true."

Eitan met Karnik?s amazed stare with a faint smile on his lips. He knew it would serve no purpose to lavish praise on the boy for his keen read of the situation before them. He wasn?t however willing to just ignore Tamir?s astuteness.

"An excellent question Padawan, I was wondering the exact same thing myself," he admitted with pride, his eyes questioning the politician.

Karnik?s shoulders slumped as he exchanged a speaking glance with his aide. It was clear that the two weren?t in agreement on this subject and had discussed it often.

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hrmmm now that is interesting.... the Prince messing around with the help, yep that'd always cause problems future or past ones.

Great job! Loved how the Governor wasn't too keen on the Jedi help, but kind'a has a differ outlook now. If not much, which is better than none.

Great question Tamir had ;) Kid is bright! Eitan has got a good'un! :D

15. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    And I thought I was short at 5'4".

Post, you should OE, patient, I can be... (besides, next week will play merry hell with my reading time)

How old are Sala and Karnik?

He looks like he can handle anything," Oh I bet he can...

To Sala: back of sith! He's MINE!!!

"Padawan, accompany Lady Sala to our rooms and work on your studies until I return." - No! don't go Tamir! I don't trust the woman. I understand that she has to hate the prince, but what if it was all a set up? Something about her has my hackles up...and it's not just her looking at my E'in like that...

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I like the interaction between master and Padawan. It's sweet without being over the top.

I'm always amazed that you can write so fast. Darn you...:p

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Eitan and his apprentice are perfect together. Eitan is a sweetie, without being too sweet, if you know what I mean. I guess I'm used to tall guys. Hubby is 6'2" and my 14 year old son is 6'3" already. My dad was 6'4". I think 6'2" sounds perfect, but then I'm partial, LOL! :D

Another great update. Keep them coming!

18. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I like how Eitan's main worry is about Tamir being caught in the middle of everything.

What is he doing sending Tamir off with a strange lady on a potentially dangerous planet? Now I'm worried[face_worried]

19. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Sala would know Ifor better than Karnik. Then again a woman scorned is not pretty, her view should not be discounted on only that. :D

Which truth will be the challenge. :p Somehow the worse is what I expect and figure Eitan will be finding that out soon. :)

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Make me wonder if Sala is the spy, or does she have one in Ifor's camp?

as for Tamir... you never know if she will spill all to such a cute and seemingly innocent little kid

21. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    **delurks** Amazing job as always! Great update. :D **goes back to her old lurking ways**

22. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Definintely lots to be concerned about here. Loved the meeting between Eitan and the Governor. Great descriptions of all of them. I'm very interested to see what's going on here. There is definitely more than meets the eye with Sala. :D

23. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Hey oe, finally made it!!

Well, and I must say, I really like this story. You portray a very nice picture of an uncertain knight feeling his way back and the unwavering confidence of a child who knows he is well loved.

I can't wait to see what you do with this. I also like your characters.

:)

24. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Hi master! OE I'm not upping this unless you bring Ei'n back from the shrine.

BTW - Clearly Canadian raspberry cream and laughing lead to a burning sensation in the nose.

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Kynstar Eitan sure did find himself a good'un. :)

Birdy Karnik I imagine to be in his early fifties and Sala early thirties. And birdy you are just feeling very possessive. :p

Diane I can write fast when I'm in the mood. Otherwise I just sit staring at the screen. Kinda like this... [face_hypnotized]

VaderLVR No! We want Eitan to keep that dark edge don't we? :D

Master_Noi Welcome! :) No need to worry about Sala. I don't think. [face_worried]

Altaira Sala is certainly feeling like a woman scorned. :eek:

PK Why are you silly rabbits so suspicious of poor Sala? [face_devil]

VM Hello! Thank you for delurking. It means a lot to hear from you all. :)

tangled_sphere Just wait until later. I think Birdy will like the description of Eitan. [face_batting]

flash Hi fuzzball! I'm glad you are taking a shot at reading an OC fic. :)

Birdy You just did up it silly bird! :p

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Tamir breathed a sigh of relief as he finished the last of his studies. Shutting the datapad off he pushed it away before turning to watch his companion. His Master had been standing in front of the window of their joint living area for some time now. A careful scan of their bond turned up the same results as earlier. The Jedi Master had his shields shut tightly against any possible intrusion. Even though Tamir wasn?t sure why, he knew that his mentor was deeply troubled about some aspect of their mission. It had only seemed to worsen after his meeting with the Governor.

"Master?"

Eitan slowly turned at Tamir?s hesitant call, careful to smooth his expression into more relaxed lines. "Yes Padawan?"

"Is everything alright? You seemed very troubled when you returned from speaking alone with Governor Karnik."

Tamir could sense his mentor?s slight hesitation before he answered. "The information the Council was given about this mission was lacking some very vital points. I?m concerned that this situation could quickly escalate into something that a more experienced team would normally handle."

"You?re afraid I could become a hindrance if things turn nasty?" Tamir query was asked in a soft voice, his gaze falling to study the patterned carpet.

Eitan felt a rush of regret for having brought the crestfallen look to his charge?s freckled face. "Come here Padawan."

Tamir stood and moved to stand directly in front of the Jedi Master. Resting his hands on the boy?s shoulders, Eitan frowned with mock disapproval. "My concern isn?t that you won?t be prepared and will cause problems. It?s more that we?ve been sent into a situation not having all of the facts. That can be very dangerous for everyone involved. It?s my duty to protect you and I can?t do that if we aren?t being told the complete truth."

A relieved smile lit up Tamir?s face at the reassurance. "So what are we going to do?"

"We are going to be patient and vigil. I?m going to check in with the Council and then sit down and meditate on what to do," Eitan explained right before the door chime rang out.

Ruffling Tamir?s spiked hair, he made his way over to hit the door control. Sala stood on the opposite side with her arms crossed over her chest, the scowl seemingly fixed in place.

"Governor Karnik just received word back from the Prince?s people. It seems the Prince is coming to dinner,? she informed him in a clipped voice. ?The Governor of course would like you and your apprentice to join them."

Eitan could see how the news was upsetting her. He on the other hand felt a small measure of relief. It was a good sign that the Prince was willing to sit down with his adversary and discuss matters in a civil matter. Having the two men together in the same room would also give Eitan a chance to observe their interaction.

"Tell Governor Karnik we would be honored to join them."

Sala nodded curtly but made no move to leave which had Eitan eyeing her curiously. Her mouth opened as if she meant to speak, but she closed it just as quickly and strode aw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.