main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Learning to See- AU- OC'S Complete 5/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh Eitan assured Tamir! How sweet! He is overprotective but then again aren't normal first time Masters? ;) hehehe

Loved how you had Mace tell him that! Old Baldy ain't all rock and steele! :D ;) GREAT job!!! :D Loved this chappie.

2. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Tamir stood and moved to stand directly in front of the Jedi Master. Resting his hands on the boy?s shoulders, Eitan frowned with mock disapproval. "My concern isn?t that you won?t be prepared and will cause problems. It?s more that we?ve been sent into a situation not having all of the facts. That can be very dangerous for everyone involved. It?s my duty to protect you and I can?t do that if we aren?t being told the complete truth."

Uh oh, now I'm biting my nails and worried about Eitan and Tamir! Don't let anything happen to Eitan after all he's been through. Superb update!

3. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Listen to your senses you should, Ei'n.

Ok so she got Tamir to his quarters safely - I still don't trust her. She needs to be far far away from my Ei'n.

I think my bad feeling has migrated from the hallway to the dinner party - hopefully all participants will be unarmed except for Ei'n and Tamir, and no body guards allowed.

Still dressed in Jedi robes? meh - more layers to peel off.

4. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Great post, OE! Loved the thoughts on Jedi and their children, and the reluctance of Eitan to share his feelings. All right on the money. Can't wait to see the dinner - bet it's interesting. ;)

Shaindl

5. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I'm thinking Mace should've listened to Eitan's concerns with a little more interest.

Eitan may have a visit from his darker self if something happens to Tamir. [face_worried]

6. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    hmmm, sounds like things are about to get ... interesting. Somehow, I have a bad feeling about this [face_worried]

I really like the affection you are now showing between these two. Very nice protrayal of Master/Padawan nurturing relationship.

A-Waiting more, I am. :p :D

7. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I really love how protective Eitan is. He was the same way with Anakin - completely devoted to his padawan. Too bad he doubted himself for so long. I wouldn't want to be the one that caused any harm to Tamir. ;)

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    What is it with masters and their we will be patient speech? Do they teach that in Master school?

9. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Eitan is so distraught over the pending danger. It is natural to be protective over one you care about. True or not that Tamir must be allowed to grow, it still causes lots of worry. :( Eitan is feeling the growing pains of a new master/parent. :) I really like their relationship.

His concerns sound founded with the force also warning him. I do hope it is only his worry but dread what may happen too. [face_plain] He is going to have to stay close to Tamir, just in case.

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    It was so sweet that Eiten is so protective of his Padawan. But I have to agree with Mace. It's the only way the Pads will learn is by observation and interaction. Danger is part of the territory of a Jedi. But Eiten should be cautious! More here than meets the eye.

Looking forward to dinner...

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Eitan as the protective Jedi Master is just too appealing. I love him, but I will remain faithful to my Shai. It's hard but I'm loyal!

A wonderful story, full of rich and complex OCs, which seems to be your specialty.

12. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Eitan is so sweet comforting Tamir and trying to protect him. His concern is wonderful! And he knows things are not going to be easy. Can't wait for this 'dinner meeting' o_e!

13. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Testing the theory...and cuz it makes OE happy, and happy OE means more Ei'n...

14. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I can't believe I fell so far behind! :_| Unfortunatly, I've already forgotten half the comments I was going to make, but they were all good, I promise! :) I did enjoy the way you had Eitan asking Tamir to be his apprentice, that was great. And being an artist myself, I thought that havng Tamir as an artist was a nice touch. But things aren't looking very good for them now on this mission, is it? Great job[face_alien]

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

15. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Kynstar I think Eitan is doomed to be over protective throughout Tamir's apprenticeship. ;)

Anakins_Heir Eitan has been through a lot. I'm just afraid he has more rough times ahead. [face_worried]

Birdy Sala may not be too far from Eitan. I think she likes him. :p

Shaindl As if you didn't know! ;) Poor Dear having to re-read my stuff.

Bekah I think you may be right about Eitan's darker self resurfacing. :(

flash I like to think most teams have strong affection for one another. :)

Master_Noi Once you earn Eitan's love, he's a devoted fella. [face_love]

PK Master speech 101. :D

Altaira I don't think Tamir will be too far from his master's side. ;)

Diane Eitan has issues letting go. :(

VaderLVR [face_blush] Stop! Okay more! Such sweet words. Thank you. :)

tangled_sphere I think Eitan is modeling himself after his late mentor. Master Majid was a very gentle and loving mentor. :)

Birdy I'm happy! Guess what that means?! :p

DL Hi dear! I'm just tickled that you pop in when you can. The kind words are just a bonus. :)

Posty up in a few.

16. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER TWELVE

Tamir ran sweaty palms down the sides of his pant legs and took a shaky breath as he followed his master and their guide down the hallways. He was visibly nervous about this dinner for many reasons. The most obvious being the fact that this was his first interaction with dignitaries of any kind. He?d attended classes on proper etiquette over the last few months but hadn?t had the opportunity to actually put them to practice until now. His other reason was the fact that his mentor was disturbed by the mission and the parties involved. If a seasoned Jedi Master was uncomfortable, how could he not be?

As their guide paused to wait for an available lift, Tamir took the opportunity to peruse his mentor with pride. Eitan was dressed in a set of tunics that Tamir had never seen before. The under tunic was a dark brown color and topped by a black outer tunic. His master?s tabards and obi were made out of black leather and finished off with black leggings tucked into polished black buckled boots. His shoulder length ebony hair had been restrained behind his neck with a leather tie, the white stripes at his temples more pronounced. The darker clothes only intensified deep eyes, making them shine like polished onyx. He looked very dashing but also a bit dangerous, a fact that the people they passed by must have shared if the looks they shot him were any indication. Tamir couldn?t wait to get back to their rooms so he could draw this new image of his mentor.

The lift doors finally opened and their nervous guide ushered them inside before following. Once he punched the appropriate pad, he moved into the corner farthest from them, his gaze drawn repeatedly to the silver cylinder that swung from the Jedi Master?s belt. Tamir looked up as his mentor turned and offered him a knowing wink. Desperate to stifle his giggle, the padawan quickly looked away and focused his attention on the lift?s control pad. He released a relieved sigh as they reached their destination and were quickly lead into a large lounge area.

Governor Karnik and his closest advisors were already present and conversing when they arrived. Introductions were made while a servant offered the new arrivals a tray of drinks to chose from. Tamir hesitated before taking one, his gaze automatically seeking out his mentor?s for guidance. Quick to note his reluctance, the young serving girl pointed to two glasses that were filled with a bright blue liquid.

"These two are non-alcoholic," she shared with a timid smile.

Eitan offered her a grateful smile and accepted one while handing the other to his apprentice. A deep blush staining her cheeks, she quickly ducked her head and hurried off. Taking a tentative sip at the beverage, Tamir saw Sala enter the room and look around before heading in their direction. She was dressed vastly different than she had been earlier. In place of the leather jumpsuit, she was wearing a flowing red off the shoulder dress that actually softened her appearance. As soon as she came to stand next to them, he caught a whiff of a light floral fragrance. Noticing the look she was giving his master from under lowered lashes, had Tamir wondering if she had dressed to impress the prince, or his master.

"Lady Sala," Eitan greeted her with a courtly bow, accepting the slim hand she held out to him.

"Master Jedi. You look so.... delicious," she murmured as he lightly pressed a kiss to her fingers.

A cool detached smile ghosted across Eitan?s darkly handsome features as he released her hand and took a drink. Tamir was confused by the interaction and was glad when the Governor included his aide in the conversation, effectively capturing her attention. Eitan noticed his apprentice?s perplexed expression and bent down to whisper in his ear.

"You?ll find as you grow older Padawan that many beings are attracted to the mystery that surrounds the Jedi. Learning how to gently handle such situations will come with time," he assured his young charge.

Before Tamir could respond, the doors were thrown open a

17. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Ifor! :eek:

He's got Xanman Disease! [face_laugh]

Eitan, looking fabulous as usual. [face_batting] Must be getting fashion tips from Anakin. Not suprised Sala had her eye on him.

My head's not working right now, sorry. I'll come back with something better to say.

edit: Or I'll say something now. I like how Eitan winked at Tamir - shows he's loosening up from his usual dour, morose, grumpy, tortured self. :p

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Xanman disease? More like Granta Omega disease *snrk* hrmmm shielding or a void... I wonder...

Great chappie!!! Very intersting indeed! Though I juz looooooooved this!!

Noticing the look she was giving his master from under lowered lashes, had Tamir wondering if she had dressed to impress the prince, or his master.

"Lady Sala," Eitan greeted her with a courtly bow, accepting the slim hand she held out to him.

"Master Jedi. You look so.... delicious," she murmured as he lightly pressed a kiss to her fingers.

I'd dress up for Eitan too!!! ;) Delicious indeed!! [face_love] Ack... [face_blush] gotta keep me thoughts straight here! Only one man can I think of in that way! But... but it's hard not to with all these dark handsome men about!!! =P~ *SIGH* hehehehe! ;)

19. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    "I?m so glad the Jedi were able to overcome their recent difficulties, Master Delano. It must have been very trying to have traitors in their midst. There?s nothing worse than discovering those closest to you, those you thought were family, are dishonest and disloyal."

Uh oh! :eek: Wonder how Ifor found that out?

20. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I must really be out of it. Xanman Disease? [face_worried] How did I confuse Xanman and the faux Xanitot?! :_|

21. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Why? What do I know? :p

Ifor just raises my hackles. Hope Eitan squashes him like the bug he is. Yep, I am out for blood today...why do you ask? :D

Another great post, OE! Can't wait for the next!

Shaindl

22. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the wink he sent Tamir's way. And the nice way he deflected the woman's interest. I see that the plot is deepening.

Keep going!

23. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Ei'n hot...

*must not drool in lab, must not drool in lab*

Why wasn't Ei'n in leather an answer on the gov't test?

*eyes Kynstar, Sala and anyone else contemplating going after Ei'n* M.I.N.E.!

I'd like to see Tamir's drawings of Ei'n in the leathers...and high polished black boots...

Ifor kinda reminds me of Bruck (physically). Loved the lesson that Tamir learned, about driving off unwanted attention. Still, have a bit of a bad feeling about this dinner.

*returns to Ei'n drooling*

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Fear not Birdy ;) you can have him... I have to be faithful to Dooku ;) so you have no worries from me. As long as you don't mind me looking and drooling too! ;)

25. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Nice description of Eitan. ;)

I can only imagine how exciting and intimidating this is for Tamir. It's his first formal function and it's all surrounded in intrigue. Glad he's with Eitan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.