JCC Least Favorite State in the United States

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Brutus666, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    JCC, I need your help. I would like your opinion as to what you deem the least favorite state you have visited and why? I am trying to prove a point to someone at school and I figured what better source of information is there.

As for me, its New Jersey. Parts of it smells weird, and the Jersey Shore scares me.

And Go.
  2. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    Either Indiana- because it's boring- or Virginia- because everyone seems to think that West Virginia is just part of Virginia.
  3. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    The state of denial.
    Darth Guy and epic like this.
  4. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    This, or the state of confusion.
  5. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
  6. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Louisiana. **** you, Bobby Jindal. And Mississippi. And Arkansas. And Georgia. In fact, all of the South.

Yankee pride!
  7. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    Arizona or Texas.
  8. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    arizona. if u dont choose ur own state, u frontin'. they are almost all complete and utter **** and you are only qualified to declare worst the one whose **** you comprehend most intimately

unless you live in one of the few good parts like the pacific northwest or something
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Dec 4, 2012
    Whitey and Darth Guy like this.
  9. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
  10. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    I live in Virginia and while I realize some of our state leadership is bat - crazy, there's something to be said for living in a state that still retains much of it's beauty.

Oh and the the fact that it's sunny and 73 right now helps.:p
    rumsmuggler likes this.
  11. Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost

star 4
    Florida. I live in Texas and will be the first to admit that it has few positive qualities, but Florida is way worst.
  12. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I'll be dead in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missoura!
  13. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Hmm, it seems its time for this thread again (another one will pop up in a few months). As for the question at hand, my answer is Arkansas... no state can come close to match its awfulness.
  14. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    California. Prop 8, Prop 13, high regressive sales tax, *****y primary and secondary education despite being a rich state, has a tendency to elect incompetent actors to the governorship, has almost an almost universally awful transportation system, contains some of the most bat**** conservative counties in the country (though thankfully demographic shifts are changing that)...

I'm just following Rogue's command. I would list more except I suck at typing on my phone.
    Rogue_Ten likes this.
  15. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    The one arlon is in.
    Ender_Sai and Whitey like this.
  16. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
  17. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Nebraska or Utah (though Utah at least has beautiful scenery going for it).
    ophelia likes this.
  18. ophelia Cards Against Humanity Host. Ex-Mod

Game Host
    star 6
    Agreed on Utah. Physically lovely, nice scones (which are really a type of donutty thing there, but go figure), but other than that, insane. I used to have a T-shirt that said, "Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may be in Utah."
  19. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    New Jersey, with Georgia coming in as a close runner up.
  20. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    I've yet to be in a state I *hate.* Maybe sections of certain states (eastern Montana, cough, although I haven't been thru there since the 60's) but not the entire state.

Disclaimer: I have traveled extensively throughout the Pacific NW, California, the southwestern states, New England and parts of the plains.
  21. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    Illinois. No one likes Illinois, it's ugly, it's full of Illinois drivers and Bears fans, it has toll roads, and it's stuck in the grip of a dysfunctional, massively corrupt party machine. There is nothing to recommend Illinois.
    Sauntaero and CT-867-5309 like this.
  22. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    South Carolina. It's hot and humid as hell, religious and Republican. And you can't buy alcohol on Sunday. That's ****ed up. I complain about North Carolina some but I live in a diverse, "blue" city compared to most of the state.

I haven't been to Mississippi, Alabama or Louisiana and have no desire to go. Texas at least has Austin, good barbecue and Tex-Mex.
  23. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    yessss.... california is awful. you know it to be true
  24. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    In fairness, that's mostly Southern California. NorCal is kind of like its own state. Really from the Central Coast on up is pretty lovely. The state of Los Angeles/Orange County, though... ugh. San Diego's great, though.

I'd have to say Arizona. It's as crazy as Utah, with the added minus that it's really freaking hot.

I should note, though, that while I've been to 43 states and Puerto Rico, the ones I haven't been to are mostly in the deep south. So it's very possible one of them is the actual winner.
  25. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5