Saga LEAST favorite SW character

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jennysolo, Feb 6, 2013.

Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
  2. Darkskar95 Jedi Master

star 1

[face_laugh] Lmao
  3. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    When I was a kid, I hated the Emperor. I thought he was scary and I couldn't watch all of his scenes without looking away. As an adult, I hate Jar Jar Binks. The voice, the obvious rubber like head, the huge eyes, it made me spend watching TPM for the first time hoping that Obi-Wan would kill him with his lightsaber.
  4. Neonic Jedi Padawan

I hold the characters Jabba, Windu, the fish-head Separatists (forgot their names) throughout all three prequels, and Grievous in disfavour too, but I would like to expand on this.

I've been going through all six movies of the saga and I've come to appreciate them all the more. There's only been a few things here and there in which I now look upon with less adoring eyes. Han Solo is one of them.

Let me start off by telling some of the things I like about Solo:
    His "heart of gold" moments. It was good to see him go back on his selfish word in almost child-like understatement by helping Luke during the end battle of Episode IV. When he saves Luke at the beginning of Episode V is one of the other ones.

The problem I started to have with Solo was the moment he first appeared in Episode IV. I don't know whether or not it was Ford's acting or Ford himself, or the script, or whatever. I just found him uninteresting compared to everything else that had been going on around him in the saga, and I continued to find him so. Who is he? Apparently all he is is the pilot of the Millennium Falcon, the transporter of the heroes, and Leia's love interest. Oh yeah, and he helps the Rebels. That's it.

Han has this whiny, grumpy and irritating attitude that grates. He tries to be cool in a western-cowboy sort of way initially in Episode IV, but it never fitted with the rest of his schlock, and it seemed to have disappeared in the next two movies anyway.

I see him as the complete opposite of Jar-Jar Binks, a completely cynical version. Both characters work equally about as much, and matter about as much, excluding the romance with Leia. Solo just got to have more screen-time.

His popularity is something I want explained.
  5. AkshayTheJedi Jedi Master

star 1
    I hate General Grievous. SImply because he is a coward and one of those villains who you simply can't stand.
  6. A'den Skirata Jedi Master

star 2
  7. Khalil O. Jedi Master

star 1
    I don't dislike any SW character, OT or PT.
  8. Klingon Padawan Jedi Master

star 1
    Every character has their purpose to the story. I agree with you.
    Last edited by Klingon Padawan, Mar 12, 2013
    Darth Raiden, kainee, Seagoat and 2 others like this.
  9. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    Anakin (Hayden in RotJ DVD). Nothing like an evil looking version of your father that isyounger than you.
  10. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Even though I hate to say it, with being a fellow New Zealander, I would have to say the young Boba Fett character in AOTC....I cringe every time he comes on screen
  11. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    My least favourite CT characters would probably be The Emperor and Jabba the Hutt, they just weren't villains that I could get into liking, unlike Boba Fett and Darth Vader who were great villains.
    Last edited by Jordan1Kenobi, Mar 14, 2013
  12. DARTH_small_paw Jedi Knight

Padme. Specifically Padme played by Natalie Portman. Cat Taber made the character bearable in TCW but I will never get over the dialogue in AOTC.
  13. Jedi Josh Jericho Jedi Youngling

This!
  14. Bale Force Ghost

star 4
  15. Son of a Bith Force Ghost

star 4
    Not a fan of Mace Windu. Things might have gone done much differently if he had let Anakin come along to arrest Palpatine. Plus, I think Samuel L is a pretty terrible actor.

Edit:

I just noticed this thread is in the "classic trilogy" forum.

So, I dislike the special edition Max Rebo band, specifically Joh Yowza:
    [IMG]

As well as the animated Sy Snootles:
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Son of a Bith, Mar 18, 2013
  16. Han Yolo Jedi Grand Master

star 2

YES...so horrible
    Son of a Bith likes this.
  17. natureboy76 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I will receive much hate but I have never been a fan of the Fetts. Jango or his clone Boba.
    Sarge and lbr789 like this.
  18. Jarren_Lee-Saber Force Ghost

star 4
    Chewbacca! Most annoying character in the entire Saga.
    Then the Ewoks

And Han Solo comes in third.
    Last edited by Jarren_Lee-Saber, Mar 22, 2013
    CoolyFett and Darth Dominikkus like this.
  19. OldSchoolFan Jedi Master

star 1
    I've never been a big fan of the grown Anakin Skywalker (pre armour), maybe it was the actor in question but I just cannot at all take him as the man beneath the armour, the bold, authoritative, no-nonsense Dark Lord. Also Grievous was a one trick pony along with Tion Meddon (fantastic makeup, about 5 seconds of screentime!!), young Boba Fett (annoying screechy voice and does nothing for the story), Mace Windu (all the personality of a plank of wood)....I could go on but I won't haha
  20. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Besides the obvious Jar Jar, I wasn't a fan of Chewbacca for some reason.
  21. Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Jar Jar, followed by every Ewok.
  22. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I didn't like Lumpy or Itchy....
  23. MRCynical Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Mace Windu. I mean I liked Samuel L Jackson's acting and everything, and I think the "excessively doctrinaire pious moron" character was one they needed to have in the PT for the "Jedi Order in decline" story to work, but he's definitely the character I felt least sorry for in Order 66/the Great Purge.
    Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  24. Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Master

star 4
    I never really liked Boba Fett, Sy Snootles or Owen Lars.
  25. Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I really don't dislike anyone to much! But If I'd have to pick.

I'd say Jabba because he is practically a stereotypical fat person! I mean he sits around with a bunch of slaves and laughs at people's misery!

Which is why I like Dexter, because he is fat but awesome, travels the world (because he knows about the saber dart and all) and he just looks really cool!

It's the best that I can think of!
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn