main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Leave the Light On~ ***9/25*** FINAL POST UP! It's been great, everyone!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    What's this "should" stuff? She IS with Jag people, nuff said ;)

2. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    Even thou she is with Jag she should and needs to be with KYP.

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose : I am really enjoying this story, but i would even enjoy it better if it where Jaina and Kyp.

3. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    I would say something smart and witty, but I must put in my vote for Jag before time runs out.

BTW- good story!

-Vicster

4. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Thanks everyone! *2 minute warning*

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

5. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    OO! Yeay! More Jag votes!!!

6. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    It's over....

:_| :_| :_|

I DON'T THINK ZEKKIE WON!!!!

*sobbs broken heartedly*

7. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    TIME'S UP! I've been posted, IMed, PMed, called, etc.

Drumroll please.......

CONGRADULATIONS TO ----- oh you'll find out. Here's the next post!

Chapter 2: Two Unexpected Visitors

Crash!

The glass of Jaina?s window, glittering from the rain, smashed open.

Jaina jumped from her bed, pulling her russet hair from her eyes. Drawing her lightsaber, she stepped forward, trying not to make a sound. Her feet crunched over the shards as she crept towards the orange flames just beyond the window frame. Jaina winced as one sliced open the bottom of her foot.

As her eyes came into focus, she saw a ship among the smoldering fire. A pilot was staggering from the half of the ship that wasn?t in her bedroom.

?Help.? he croaked. ?Somebody, please!?

Jaina ran to him, a worried look in her eyes. Who was this poor man? How did he manage to crash here, on this floating island? He was in the middle of the center gardens, and the ivy was catching fire. She needed to put out the fire, yes, but he needed to get inside first.

Steadying the pilot by wrapping one of his arms around her shoulders, Jaina managed to hobble back into her room. She could hear sounds outside of Han and Jacen putting out the fire.

Jaina laid the pilot down on her bed. ?You?re lucky to be alive.? she murmured as she removed his helmet. She gasped as she recognized who the pilot was?

~*~*~

Luke awoke upon hearing the commotion outside. What was going on? It was 0300, for crying out loud!

But as he sat up in bed, listening to the shouts dwindling down, he sensed something. A new Force signature was in the building. Why did he think he recognized it?

?Luke?? the figure beside him questioned sleepily.

?It?s alright, Mara. I?ll be right back.?
    ~~~~~~

Luke held his weapon steady as he stealthily crept along the walls. Whoever this visitor was, they sure wanted to be noticed. Down the hall, the intruder was bumping into walls, feeling around in the dark, not daring to remove his hood
    At this very moment, the two turned the corner and ran into each other.

The man stood first, apologizing profusely. ?Luke, let me help you up.?

Luke held out his hand, stunned. Then his Jedi senses locked on. ?How do you know my name??

The man then took off his hood, revealing his face.

Luke gasped. ?Anakin? But?how?why??

Anakin shot his uncle the lopsided grin he was best known for. ?I?m so glad I ?ran into? you. I?ve had a hard time remembering my past, but the more I look at you now, the more I am beginning to recall. A very old man?s voice led me here after searching for my family for so long.?

?Ben.? Luke breathed.

?He told me that my family and friends needed me now more than ever.? Anakin explained as he and Luke began to walk in the direction Luke came from. ?The Jedi may have won the war, but their darkest days are still to come. I have learned so much about the Vong and how they work. I know that I could have prevented many Jedi casualties had I been there?there is a way to get around the ysalamari? ?

Here Luke interrupted. ?We know. At Myrkr, Jacen, your brother, was captured by the Vong. He survived, however, and was able to teach many Jedi about the Vong sense. It?s outside of the Force. We have learned much since you have been-wait a second, I thought you were-?

?Dead. I know.?

?But we saw your body burn. We all thought you were dead. How did you-?

Again, Anakin filled him in. ?The Vong were experimenting, at the time of my so-called death, with a new science they called E.S.B.R.O.T., Extracting the Spirit from a Body and Resurrecting Over Time. It was actually quite effective. They took DNA and fabricated it, combining it with memories. It was like aging a year a week. I relived many moments of my life, and remembered many people. I finally believed that I could escape. But they knew I was a Jedi, and they wanted me shaped.?

?So how did you get here??

?When I discovered the way to get around the ysalamari using-the Vigor, you call it- I could elude the shaper. When I was about to be

8. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    Ambyr-Rose-that was such a great post and such and evil one all at the same time. I really see this story going places and can not wait for the next post. Speaking of the next post i hope that it will be here soon.

9. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
  10. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    oh no, who ever he is, he´s hurt :_|

~Arissa

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was really good. Anakin's back!!! Yeay!! I'm so happy!! :D

Oops! I forgot to say his name...guess you'll find out later than expected. Oh I love this!!!!
    You are so evil!!! How much longer are we gonna have to wait to find out who it is??

12. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I have to know! Who won? Who is it? Oh this is the worst torture ever! You have to tell us who it is! PLEASE??

-Vicster

13. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    hehe! I'll tell you, I'm not that evil. In the next post! haha!

Next post: Jaina's visitor wakes up the next morning... plus Anakin and Tahiri reunite. Meanwhile, Jacen meets the visitor while getting advice from Jaina about Tahiri....this is going to start getting really good......

PM me if you are desperate and cannot sleep without knowing who won the vote. the new vote will be here tomorrow!

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

14. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    I know who won! I know who won! :D But I'll never tell! I'll never tell! :p UP!

15. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    1.) thank you
    2.) great post loved it.
    3.) ANAKINS BACK! YES!!!
    4.) you FORGOT to say his NAME!?!?!?!?
    you are...evil. yes very evil. very very very evil. i need to know who it was. *sits and waits*
    5.) i now know who it is and i will not say

16. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post! But you... you... EEK! You left off his name! :D Looking forward to finding out who it is.

(PSST! Mike! Who was it?! :p)

~~Jilly

17. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    ANI'S HOME!!!!!!! :D :D
    *dances happily around thread*

In the next post! haha!

Oh, you are evil!!! :_| 8-} I must know!!!!

*anxiously awaits next post*

18. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    JainaSticksSolo19, I agree with number four whole heartedly! :D

19. JainaSticksSolo19

Mar 31, 2003
    The_Hooded_One: thank you.
    and uppies please
    need post

20. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    UP! Hopefully another post today...Darth AOL is not cooperating with my wishes.

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

21. JainaSticksSolo19

Mar 31, 2003
    evil aol. now i wait

22. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Everyone: I'm making my thanks short because AOL is evil---I promise to do personalized ones after this next post. JMK should read it soon...and then we will all know who won! the suspense mounts!

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

23. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Ok, now I will reveal our winner. Hope everyone is satisfied! Next post: Anakin and Tahiri reunite!

Chapter 3: Confessions

Zekk groaned as his eyes fluttered open.

Jaina was looking down at him with a mixture of anger and pity. He was in a room, tastefully furnished in greens and yellows, and the bright sunlight shone through the frame of a shattered window. He was startled to see half of his new ship across from him. Slowly he shifted his gaze to the girl above him.

?Where am I? What happened?? he asked.

?At the summerhouse, Zekk. Recall how you decided to crash and burn through my window last night??

?Sorry.? he mumbled.

Jaina?s controlled anger suddenly sparkled into a boiling mass of fury. ?For what, Zekk? For breaking my window, my trust, or my heart?? Her hand flew to her mouth. She hadn?t expected to say that last one.

?All of them. I came to ask for your help.? Zekk said cautiously.

?You?ve never wanted my help! I tried time after time to lead you away from this path you?ve chosen, and look where you are now! In another jam! Why do you need my assistance all of a sudden? A big bounty hunter like you should be able to take care of himself! That?s all you?ve ever wanted, Zekk, is to take care of everything alone! You?ve never let anyone love you, especially me! And I never understood that. So why now? Why let me help you now?? she spat.

?Jaina, I?m trying to escape from the bounty hunters!? he admitted. ?I was wrong. I thought that being a bounty hunter would get me?acceptance. That?s all I ever wanted! Not to be alone, no, that?s not it at all! I wanted to fit in, but you were so, well, you always had enough. Your parents put food on your table and a roof over your head. You had security, love, and warmth, and you still have all these things! I was always alone, having to tough it out on the street. Yes, you offered me these things, and more?but it seemed like charity. I had to find out who I was. And the bounty hunters filled that gap.?

Jaina was interested. He?d never been so honest. But one thing was still missing from his story. ?Then why are you hiding from them??

?I had to when I found out who my next bounty was.?

?Who was it?? Jaina asked curiously.

?You, Jaina. And I could never hurt someone I love.?

?Did you sleep well, Anakin?? Luke asked as he entered the kitchen.

He kissed his wife on the cheek as he sat down between her and Ben. Observing the exquisite spread before him he commented, ?This looks great, Mara.?

She beamed. ?Thank you, dear.?

Ben merely uttered, ?Daddy!?

Anakin felt awkward interrupting the family breakfast. At least at night everyone dined together. ?I slept well, thank you.? he answered, but Luke seemed to have forgotten he?d asked.

Anakin decided a subject change was in order. ?So, can I see Tahiri now?? he asked anxiously. He?d dreamed of her again. And the dream had been so vivid?

A young Tahiri was floating on her side in mid-air, hair spiraling in the breeze. It was a sunny day on Yavin IV, before it was nearly destroyed by the Vong. Anakin was younger, too, and the two were practicing throwing one?s opponent away from them in battle. But Anakin had decided to let her float there because she looked so amazing?

Tahiri was giggling, and he lost all concentration when she blew him a kiss. He dropped her, and she fell to the ground.

The wind began to howl, and the sky turned black. Tahiri screamed, and then melted into a huddled black bundle, barefoot and blonde. Then she turned to face him, fear and longing in her eyes. Anakin struggled against the elements to reach her, but every step he took he was pushed two back. Suddenly, all went dark, and all he could see were those desperate, tear-filled jade green eyes, staring at him through the darkness. He shuddered.

He was startled when he heard his uncle?s voice. ?Not yet. Apparently there was a serious fire last night in the center gardens. She may be a bit unnerved. Tonight I promise we?ll go.?

?Uncle Luke??

?Yes, Anakin??

?May I go?alone??

Mara

24. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Oh well, I guessed it wouldn't be J/J.

Not that I have anything against Zekk mind, its just that in the NJO boks he's in, he seems somewhat , I don't know, spinelss.

25. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Great post. :) Loved the Jaina/Zekk convo. And then Jacen interrupts! [face_laugh] And Anakin's dream about Tahiri. And Ben making Anakin lose his appetite. Nice! MORE! :D

PS: I knew it was Zekk before anyone else did. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.