main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Leave the Pieces Where They Fall - A/P, Obi-Wan, pre-RotS AU Updated! 05/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Daenarrah, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Title: Leave the Pieces Where They Fall
    Author: Daenarrah
    Time Frame: Pre-RotS
    Genre: AU, drama
    Summary: There?s trouble in paradise. Anakin and Padmé are at odds. But when Anakin and Obi-Wan are sent to save her and her colleagues from Separatist Forces Anakin falls into a trap and must face the toughest trial of his life.

I really have no idea where this plot bunny came from. It just appeared while I was working on Birth Rite and took up residence in my head. I never thought I?d get to work on it (or Birth Rite for that matter) with the way RL has been going lately. Then Monday morning I find that the big project I?ve been working on has been yanked until a later time and I now have some free time. So, I decided to start writing this down. I hope you enjoy.

PM List:
    VaderLVR64
    ehopepower
    Star_Angel
    Jade_Max
    VA_Parky
    Luna_Nightshade
    Jazz_Skywalker
    Healer_Leona
    KELIA
    DarthSilious
    Amidala66
    FitJedi
    laura_az
    DarthVaderette
    randomangel22
    HandmaidenVeme
    obsessedwithSW
    G__Anakin
    Valairy_Scot
    MoAngel
    Myshia
    IsithTorin_DarkJedi
    naadi
    timerift22
    Milteck
    ObiWans_Gurl86

Let me know if you want to be added or removed.

-------------

It had finally come to this. Today Anakin would find out if he had earned the rank of Master and a seat on the council, or if his hard work and dedication the past six months had been for nothing. He didn?t want to get his hopes up; he knew the Masters might find fault in the recklessness he still displayed. A recklessness he had not been able to get under control no matter how hard he tried. Fortunately, it wasn?t as bad as it used to be. He had been told he had done a remarkable job of reining it in. There was still that edge, however, and that fire he just couldn?t tame and it still got him into trouble more times than the council would have liked. But Anakin had earned the title of Master. At least he liked to believe he had. He had thrown his heart and soul into being a Jedi and felt he had proven to the council that he was indeed their Chosen One and was ready to do what was required of him.

Six months ago he never would have thought he?d dedicate every waking moment to his training, often getting worried glances from Obi-Wan. And he most definitely never would had thought he?d be standing before the council waiting to find out if they?d grant him the one thing he wanted ever since he came to the Temple. But things were different six months ago. He was in a different place and a different life with different worries and concerns. As much as he wanted to someday be a Master and on the council he had felt his dreams were too far away and he wondered if he?d ever reach them. He didn?t have the focus then that he had now. He also didn?t have the reasons. So many things changed and all because? He didn?t want to think about it. He had allowed himself little time to do that the last six months; he wasn?t going to begin now on what was probably one of the, if not the most important day of his life.

?Jedi Skywalker,? Mace Windu began, his voice firm and giving Anakin no idea what the decision was. ?After much consideration this council had come to a decision. It is one that was not made lightly. Many factors were looked into making this decision, your strengths and your flaws were examined very closely. While we find that one outweighs the other, there is no denying you have proven yourself as a Jedi. Therefore, we grant you the rank of Master and a place on this council. You may take your seat, Master Skywalker.?

?Thank you, Master Windu,? Anakin replied, bowing slightly. Appearing calm and collected on the outside, he was yelling in victory on the inside. Pride swelled up in him and he didn?t know when he had felt happier. He was a Master! He couldn?t believe it, he was a Master!

?I will do my best to uphold the code and honor of the Jedi,? he said, knowing he couldn?t show how happy he was. He might make the council think making him a Ma

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    WOO HOO! A new story! [face_dancing] Please put me on your PM list! [face_praying]

?Requested a team of Jedi go to rescue the Senators, the Chancellor has,? Yoda informed the council. He then looked at Anakin. ?Made Master you were, young Skywalker. Consider this your first mission under your new title.?

?Me?? Anakin asked, looking and sounding dumbfounded.

?Is that a problem?? Mace asked.

?No, no,? he stuttered in return despite the fact his mind was now racing. He was being sent on a mission to save his wife!

?We gave this to you because, to be quite honest, you?re the best we have and the Chancellor wants the best. Also this is one of those times where your recklessness may come in handy.?

Everybody, including Anakin, chuckled at Master Windu?s remark

I already like the direction this one is going! ;)

=D=

3. ehopepower

ehopepower Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 20, 2005
    What an awesome start! I am totally 100% looking forward to where you take this story. Please put me on the PM list also. Thanks!

4. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    This was amazing and I can?t wait until I get to see what?s going to happen when they meet. And I do hope that everything will turn out okay. And I'm also very curies to find out what exactly happened between those two. They are to stubborn for their own good.
    Great job as always Daenarrah.

Oh, and do put me on the pm list as well.

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Oooooo another one? Daenarrah, you're too kind! I adore this.

I'm itching with curiosity to know what's happened between Anakin and Padmé - and to see exactly what's happened and will happen now that Anakin's eared his title as Master.

This was just too cool - I just about cheered when I finished it and then got this big "NO!" wanting to know what happens next.

If you're keeping a PM list, pretty please add me too it?

6. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Yay! A new Daenarrah story! Oh, you've got to put me on this PM list for this one too - it's already off to a great start and my curiosity level is off the charts. What in the world happened to make Padme and Anakin so angry with each other? [face_worried] It's certainly not looking good for my favorite couple... but intense situations such as this have a way of clarifying some things... like LOVE. [face_love] ;)

Can't wait for more! I love it, I love it, I love it!

=D= =D= =D=

7. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Ooooh--what an interesting bunny! Anakin and Padme separated because of what appears to be a huge misunderstanding... and Anakin has earned the right of Master entirely on his own two feet. I like this concept very much. Much =D=, Daenarrah--I can't wait to find out the reactions between Anakin and Padme as they are reunited and Anakin gets to see her baby bump. I hope he gets there in time for everyone involved. Please pm me when you update--can't wait for more!

8. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004

Very interesting start. I'm looking forward to more. :)

9. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oooh, definitely add me to the PM list. Estranged A/P while still involved in their secret marriage, with Obi-Wan along for the ride? Sounds awesome! Great beginning!

jazz

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Your title led me in here and the story has me hooked. Might I be added to the PM list? :)

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh my goodness, what a beginning!!

I can't help but wonder how Anakin is going to react to the news of Padme's pregnancy.

Its unfortunate Padme wasn't able to find him to tell him but at least she tried.

If you have a PM list for this, please add me? [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. DarthSilious

DarthSilious Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    What a great start to a story. I'm hooked already. =D=

Can you add me to your PM list for updates on this one? [face_praying]

13. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Can you add me to your pm list???

This looks to be a neat story!!

14. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    ALRIGHT, you hooked me again, I'm on board for this one, please add me to the pm list.

15. Daenarrah

Nov 12, 2005
    Thank you all so much for the comments. I?m glad everyone likes the idea for this fic. I know I?m going to enjoy writing it as much as I do Birth Rite. Hopefully, I?ll be able to divide my time between the two. I?ve never written two longs fics at the same time so I?ll have to see how things go. I have the next chapter for both this one and Birth Rite planned out. I just have to write them.

VaderLVR64:
    WOO HOO! A new story!

I was surprised myself with this one. It just came out of nowhere. This is going to be interesting for me because I can handle vignettes or short stories while working on longer multi-chapter fics, but I?ve never taken on two long fics at one time. 8-}

Please put me on your PM list!

You?re definitely on.

I already like the direction this one is going!

Thank you! I?m really enjoying the ideas that are coming up for this too. It?s a lot of fun so far. I just hope I can meet my own expectations with this. 8-} [face_worried]

Thanks for reading: I?m glad you enjoyed it.

ehopepower:
    What an awesome start!

Thank you. I had so much fun writing this first chapter out too. So I?m very happy you liked it.

I am totally 100% looking forward to where you take this story.

That?s so awesome. Though, now I feel the pressure. ;) :D That?s okay. I seem to work better under pressure. And I am looking forward to writing this one too.

Please put me on the PM list also.

You?re on it! Thanks so much for reading.

Star_Angel:
    This was amazing and I can?t wait until I get to see what?s going to happen when they meet.

Thank you and I have to be honest and say that?s the part of the fic I?m really looking forward to writing. I?m going to have so much fun with it.

And I do hope that everything will turn out okay.

Like you mentioned, they?re both too stubborn for their own good so we?ll just have to see what they do.

And I'm also very curies to find out what exactly happened between those two.

You know, I think they are too. :D

You?re on the list. Thanks for reading; I?m glad you liked it.

Jade_Max:
    Oooooo another one?

I know. It surprised me too. :eek: :p

I'm itching with curiosity to know what's happened between Anakin and Padmé

Heh heh heh, [face_devil] I love making people wonder. One thing I can say ? Big Misunderstanding. Yep.

This was just too cool - I just about cheered when I finished it and then got this big "NO!" wanting to know what happens next.

That makes me feel so good inside knowing you?re so excited to see what?s coming up. My biggest fear, however, is being able to keep this gripping enough. There?s a lot of ideas I have and I have to figure out which ones to incorporate, or try to use them all. But then will it be too much or not enough? [face_worried]

If you're keeping a PM list, pretty please add me too it?

You?ve been added to the list. Thanks so much for reading.

VA_Parky:
    it's already off to a great start and my curiosity level is off the charts.

I?m so excited to hear that. I wanted to start this with something that?ll make you go ?What the heck happened? Why are they estranged?? To quote you, ?What in the world happened to make Padme and Anakin so angry with each other?? In other words, ?What did you do to them?? And then cause a mini-tantrum. :D

It's certainly not looking good for my favorite couple

No, it?s definitely not looking good right now, and it?ll get interesting when they see each other, very interesting.

Luna_Nightshade:
    Ooooh--what an interesting bunny!

Thank you. It just popped in one night and refused to go away. I think this bunny and my BR one are having tea or something and discussing plot points.

Anakin and Padme separated because of what appears to be a huge misund

16. laura_az

laura_az Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    Wow!!
    A new fic!, and it's awesome!![face_dancing]
    I wonder what happened the last night Anakin and Padme met[face_thinking] :confused:
    By the way they are both to stubborn to admit their errors!!!:oops:
    I hope we can find out what's going on in next chapter, and it's also great to know you have an idea of what it's going to be like!
    I hope you have time to write after all[face_praying]

Can I be added to your PM list please?[face_praying]

Thanks! and Post up soon!

17. Daenarrah

Nov 12, 2005
    laura_az:
    A new fic!, and it's awesome!!

Thank you. Glad you like it. This popped in on me while working on Birth Rite.

I wonder what happened the last night Anakin and Padme met. By the way they are both to stubborn to admit their errors!!!

That will be revealed all in good time. And yes, they are both too stubborn,much for their own good. Communicate with each other and they could have avoided this whole mess.

Can I be added to your PM list please?

Yes, you're on the list. Thanks for reading.

18. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Great story, can you PM me updates?

19. Daenarrah

Nov 12, 2005
    DarthVaderette:
    Great story, can you PM me updates?

Thank you, and I'll add you to the PM list.

Thanks for reading; I'm glad you liked the beginning.

20. Daenarrah

Nov 12, 2005
    Here?s chapter 2. I?m very happy to have it done considering I?ve had the flu for about a week and I still don?t feel as well as I?d like to. So I've been away, and writing this has been slow. One thing I?d like to bring to everyone?s attention is that I made a small change in the first chapter. The entire crew is dead. It was always supposed to be that way, I forgot to mention it. 8-} Oops. [face_blush] So, I thought I would now.

Also, I have plans for a later fight scene, or two. I'm not sure yet, but I know I have plans for one. I'm wondering, begging, [face_praying] pleading, [face_praying] could someone help me with it when the time comes. I have no idea how to write one. I enjoy reading them but pulling one off myself is completely different. So, if anyone is up to it please PM me. Thank you.

Okay, now, after this I?ll be working on Birth Rite. I had DWB for a while but now I have a chapter that?s ready to be written.

PM List:
    VaderLVR64
    ehopepower
    Star_Angel
    Jade_Max
    VA_Parky
    Luna_Nightshade
    Jazz_Skywalker
    Healer_Leona
    KELIA
    DarthSilious
    Amidala66
    FitJedi
    laura_az
    DarthVaderette

Let me know if you want to be added or removed.

-------------

Despite the pride he felt in his former Padawan?s accomplishment of obtaining the rank of Master and a seat on the council, Obi-Wan know something was wrong. He had known it for the past six months. Something with Anakin was out of place but, try as hard as he might, he couldn?t put a finger on what it was. It was odd that after so many years of reckless, not to mention arrogant behavior, and living by what seemed to be his own version of the Jedi Code Anakin suddenly did an about-face with it all and strived to become the model Jedi and succeeded, for the most part.

As had been pointed out by Mace, Anakin?s recklessness still followed him around and led him into trouble from time to time. But it was nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Obi-Wan had gotten so used to Anakin?s antics and impetuousness - it had become second nature to find themselves in a world class mess - that he was stunned and immediately worried when all of that stopped, or at least slowed down significantly. He now found Anakin listening to him on several occasions and actually following orders and strategies instead of running off on some half-cocked idea.

He was even more stunned, and horrified, when he realized he wasn?t exactly approving of this new side of Anakin. He missed the impulsiveness that he once considered to be the bane of his existence and the rash actions that had him shaking his head time after time. He missed the spontaneous abandon with which Anakin carried out his plans that, against all odds, seemed to somehow rescue them from a tight situation in the end.

To put it plain and simple: Obi-Wan missed the old Anakin?and he never thought he would. Anakin had become the kind of Jedi Obi-Wan hoped all his years of training would lead the young man to be?and it unnerved him.

?He?s not entirely gone,? he reasoned. True, Anakin started thinking out almost every move he made rather than fly by the seat of his pants, but once he got going his reckless nature sprung to life and his carefully laid plans were all but forgotten. No, that wasn?t quite accurate. Anakin still followed whatever mandate they had, but he deviated from it enough that Obi-Wan was relieved to know the former Padawan he had trained and raised was still in there somewhere. He laughed, finding it hard to believe he was grateful for that. He never once thought he would be and he couldn?t deny the irony of the situation.

He frowned, though, and his face became drawn with concern. Without a doubt, he knew something was wrong. He didn?t know what, but he had a feeling it was something serious. Anakin?s turn-about was too quick and alarming. The council was pleased with the sudden change in character. All of them, as well as Anakin, explained it away as him finally maturing and coming into his own

21. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh, now that was just an evil way to end this post, J/K, his was an amazing update, I hope that Padmé is okay and that Anakin will first deal with Asajj and then find Padmé.

I hope that you?re feeling better soon. And thanks for the pm.

22. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *rubs her hands together* Oh boy, oh boy, OH BOY!

That was tense! Anakin's inner turmoil is just oozing off that chapter! Talk about intense!

I loved Obi's thoughts at the beginning of this update - about how he missed the old Anakin and how the things he'd often seen as flaws were the things he valued most.... Careful what you wish for Obi ;)

I'm assuming that the split between Anakin and Padmé isn't because of lack of feeling *chuckle* Anakin certainly still loves her - though I doubt he'd admit it desipte the fact he's gone after her recklessly.

And Asajj!! Yay! I shouldn't root for the badguy, but damn, she's just too cool :D

I'm eagerly awaiting the next post and if you're having trouble with your fight scene, I'm not the best at them, but I'd be willing to help ;) I'll send you a PM. :)

23. laura_az

laura_az Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    -I have a bad feeling about this-[face_worried]

If Anakin isn't carefull he will lose more than an arm[face_plain]
    But well he is doing it for Padme's safety...
    Well we will see in next chapter, Update soon!
    And get well soon as well:)

Happy holidays!!

24. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Asajj has Padme?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, she certainly knew how to make sure Anakin came after her, though I hope she gets more than she bargined for :D

Nice to see Obi-Wan miss the old, reckless Anakin.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    I just found this story and must say I'm hooked :eek: =D=!!

Anakin better watch it or he's gonna be in trouble [face_worried]...

Please add me to your PM list [face_praying]!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.