main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Leave the Pieces Where They Fall - A/P, Obi-Wan, pre-RotS AU Updated! 05/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Daenarrah, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Anakin is going to need all his calm to keep Padme safe and hopefully, Obi-Wan will figure out what he feels is so wrong about the situation.

Superb post.

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Oh, awesome!

Anakin finally starting to think with his head about the whole situation - despite the pain her words brought - and using their enforced close quarters to get some good out of it. I'm a little worried about Dooku and Sidious though... and Anakin and Padmé going to see Dooku's "Master" . This should prove interesting. I'm wondering if Anakin and Padmé are going to have it revealed that she's carrying twins ;)

And now we have a suspicious story from the Chancellor about the missing senator - and a senator that they'd been unable to interview no less. The very senator that was possbly the cause of the breakup between Padmé and Anakin... hmmm could that have been staged - er... "arranged" too? [face_thinking]

Awesome post! Thanks for the PM! [face_peace]

3. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, it just keeps getting more and more complicated for everyone. I do hope that Anakin and Padme make up soon, but she has made some valid points.

4. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Ahhhh, so the plot thickens! [face_thinking]

Obi-wan is definitely hot on the trail. I?m so glad he hasn?t given up on Anakin ? not that I thought he ever would or anything, it?s just always good for Anakin to realize that he has people on his side. Now, I just have to hope that Obi FINDS Anakin and Padme before it's too late.

That darn Dooku is one sneaky dude. He is manipulating Anakin so perfectly and there's nothing Anakin can do about it - not when Padme is in the shape she's in. And there's still so much hanging between them. I hope they can resolve things soon. They need to work as a team as best they can. Plus, I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to these two! [face_love]

Another wonderful chapter, my dear. This story is excellent - I am enjoying it so much!!!

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I have faith that Obi-Wan can figure everything out in time. And I'm hoping that Anakin will keep his cool so that he can do what's necessary to get them both out of this situation. [face_praying]

A superb update! =D=

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Thank the Force Anakin is finally starting to see things from Padme's POV. He may not have liked the truth, but at least he's beginning to see it.

My goodness, what is happening on Aexxsh? Very intriguing.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh dear...but Obi-Wan is starting to put the pieces together, it seems.

8. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I am glad Anakin finally got it. unfortunately I think he still could give in to Palpatine. I hope Obi figures it out and gets to him in time.

9. IsithTorin_DarkJedi

IsithTorin_DarkJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    This just gets better and better. Hopefully Obi-Wan will be able to figure this thing out before Anakin is foced to do something rash

10. naadi

naadi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2005
    Very interesting,I love the twist you've added to the story,it's fantastic!!Thnx for adding me to ure pm list.Can't wait for more=D= [face_peace]

11. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    As if they don't have enough to worry about!

Great update!!!!!

12. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Good to see that Anakin is finally starting to see the error of his ways when it comes to Padme and how he sometimes see's her as a possession as well as a wife and lover. I do hope they have a chance to really talk things out and reconcile. I also am very intrigued by this twist about the Senators wife, I wonder what the council will find when they contact her.

13. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    *Smacks Anakin across head* [face_beatup] well now you understand why Padme's pissed off at you dummy :rolleyes:.

Hopefully Obi-Wan will be able to find Anakin and Padme [face_worried]...

Excellent post =D=!!

14. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Chapter 9 is about half done. If this last part comes together as smoothly as the first I may have it up Friday morning.

Healer_Leona: It?s definitely going to be the time for Anakin to remember what all his training has taught him or he and Padmé are screwed.

Jade_Max: Poor boy had his heart stomped on but it was a good thing. He really needed to hear that stuff from Padmé. Hopefully, it?ll give him resolve to be a better person. That?s something he?s going to need against Sidious. And for the Senator? [face_shhh] There?s something going on. You may very well be onto something. I can say this, things are not all what they seem.

Jazz_Skywalker: Everything that Padmé pointed out Anakin needed to hear. It all was a wake-up call for him. But one he definitely needed.

VA_Parky: The whole situation is so unsettling for Obi-Wan (and for so many reasons) that he?ll tear apart the galaxy until he finds Anakin. He wants him back safe and sound. Dooku has Anakin right where he wants him and they both know it. One wrong move and something happens to Padmé and the baby. That?s the last thing Anakin wants now that he?s finally getting his head on straight where Padmé is concerned.

VaderLVR64: Timing and patience and having level heads, that's what is needed here. I?m not worried about Obi-Wan, he?ll get it all figured out. Anakin on the other hand :rolleyes: is really going to need his training and remember it. [face_peace]

KELIA: It took a swift hit over the head with a harsh dose of reality to finally see the big picture. It hurts like crazy but he needed that. Now it?s just a matter of what he does from here on out.

Valairy_Scot: Yes he is. He really wants to get Anakin and Padmé back safe and sound.

obsessedwithSW: It took a harsh tongue-lashing but yep, Ani got it. He?s definitely going to need all the strength he has to fight off Palpy. If Obi-Wan can figure it all out he can be there to help. Though, afterwards Anakin may want to hide because then he?ll have some explaining to do. Poor guy just can?t seem to get a break: Falls into a trap, finds out Padmé is pregnant, he learns the hard way NEVER piss off a pregnant woman, Sidious is eager to meet him and Obi-Wan wants to know about his marriage (which he probably doesn?t remember letting it slip). Let?s face it he?s doomed. :oops: I say he may climb into his fighter and disappear to the farthest point in the galaxy for a while. [face_laugh]

IsithTorin_DarkJedi: Obi-Wan is hot on the trail and his suspicions about the Senator from Aexxsh might lead to something. Meanwhile, he?s hoping (praying) [face_praying] that Anakin is hanging in there and remembering his training.

naadi: There?s more twists coming up so I?d say to hang on. I?m thrilled that you like this fic. And you?re very welcome.

HandmaidenVeme: Don?t hate me when I tell you there?s more trouble to come. [face_worried] *smiles evilly [face_devil] then ducks and runs*

FitJedi: Anakin really needed that wake-up call. It was brutal and it hurt but now that he sees his mistakes he can work on correcting them so he and Padmé can start making amends. And there?s more coming with the Senator and his wife and it?ll surprise you.

randomangel22: Poor Ani is going to be bruised from all the abuse he?s getting here. And Sidious hasn?t even gotten to him yet! :oops: :D Or Obi-Wan.

So much thanks for everyone who's reading and reviewing. I'm really enjoying writing this and being able to share it with you all.

15. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Here's chapter 9. I'll be getting back to Birth Rite after this and getting the next chapter done and up.

Before I get to the chapter.

My PM List:
    VaderLVR64
    ehopepower
    Star_Angel
    Jade_Max
    VA_Parky
    Luna_Nightshade
    Jazz_Skywalker
    Healer_Leona
    KELIA
    DarthSilious
    Amidala66
    FitJedi
    laura_az
    DarthVaderette
    randomangel22
    HandmaidenVeme
    obsessedwithSW
    G__Anakin
    Valairy_Scot
    MoAngel
    Myshia
    IsithTorin_DarkJedi
    naadi
    timerift22

Please let me know if you want to be added or removed. Thank you.

-------------

Chancellor Palpatine sat with his hands folded in front of his face while gazing intently at the young man who sat in a chair on the other side of his desk. ?I assure you, Senator, the Jedi are doing everything they can to find Senator Amidala. They know how important she is to the Republic and me as well. They will not stop until they find her.?

Senator Sregol nodded his head curtly, not pleased with what he had heard. ?But they do not know of her importance to me?? he questioned. ?It is imperative she be found as soon as possible. I can?t continue on without her.?

?I?m aware of that, Senator,? Palpatine told him, ?and I understand how difficult this must be for you. I too worry considerably for her safety. You more so with all the two of you have done together. I have no doubt the Jedi will find her and bring her home safely.?

He then took a deep breath and debated whether to reveal a troubling bit of information he had been given.

Sristen picked up on this and immediately asked, ?Is something wrong, Chancellor??

Palpatine leaned back in his chair and looked at the Senator of Dostra, deciding he had to tell someone. The two had become good friends over the past year-and-a-half. ?I?m afraid it?s not just Senator Amidala who is missing. Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker is as well.?

He saw Sristen?s eyes go wide then narrow the slightest bit and his features go rigid. This pleased Palpatine and he schooled his own to keep the smile he felt from breaking across his face. ?From the reports I?ve received Master Skywalker learned she was not with your party when you all were found.?

?It?s true, she wasn?t,? Sristen confirmed. ?She was taken by some woman. I heard the Jedi call her Asajj.?

?Asajj Ventress.? Palpatine shuddered a bit but otherwise remained composed. ?From what I?ve been told she?s Force-sensitive, like the Jedi, and very dangerous.

?This brings me back to what I was telling you.? He wasn?t in the mood to talk about Asajj. He wanted to keep the conversation focused on Anakin and Padmé. ?From what I was told, Master Skywalker went off in search of Senator Amidala and has disappeared himself, as well. The council believes he was somehow taken captive by the Separatists. Where he and Senator Amidala are is anyone?s guess but the Jedi are determined to find them. It will not look good to have their best and bravest missing.?

Sristen took this in, a stern unreadable mask on his face. He then looked at the Chancellor. ?I remember Jedi Skywalker being very upset at the news Padmé was not with us. He seemed to?all but abandon the mission and ran off to find her. I remember Jedi Kenobi trying to stop him but he wouldn?t listen.?

He then furrowed his brow low and clenched his right hand into a fist. He started beating it on the arm of his chair. ?Something unusual happened.?

?Oh?? Palpatine asked, intrigued.

?When they opened the door to the cell we were in Jedi Skywalker looked at me and said in an extremely unfriendly tone that he knew who I was from the HoloNet. The look he gave me; I?ve never seen such hostility before, and this was from a Jedi. I?ve never met him before but I got the distinct feeling he didn?t like me.?

?Hm, that is unusual,? Palpatine agreed, successfully hiding a maniacal smirk behind his hand. ?Jealousy isn?t part of the Jedi teachings.?

?Jealousy?? Sristen exclaimed in surprise. ?Of what??

Palpatine chuckled and flushed a bit. ?Possibly of your relation

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Grrr at Palpatine's messing with everyone's lives. [face_frustrated]

Hmm, I wonder what exactly is up with Senator Huit and his wife, and how much Palps has to do with it. o_O Ha.. just had to read on to find out. :p

17. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    The plot thickens... It will be interesting to see where Palpatine's scheeming will lead to and if indeed there's more to this friendship with Padmé for our homewrecker (at least on his side) than either Anakin or Padmé are aware of. I loved Palpatine's explanations. So sincere and true - and yet so off the mark.

The scene with Obi-Wan and then Sidious was awesome. I knew there was someting going on, I just wish I now knew what it was!

I loved how you distinguish between Palpatine and Sidious. though, I admit I find Palpatine far more disturbing than his evil alter-ego. Maybe it's just 'cause he's so darn polite... [face_thinking]

Thanks for the PM! [face_peace]

18. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Grrrr Palpatine!

:mad::mad::mad:

I can only hope all his schemes will eventually blow up in his face.

And Senator Huit should have known better than to try and fool the Jedi

Great update

=D==D==D==D=

19. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh man, you sure do know how to write Palpatine, Daenarrah! I LOVE the contrast between the grandfatherly type we see at the beginning of this chapter to the evil manipulator we come across at the end. It's no wonder Anakin is doomed to fall into his trap. Sidious may be many things, but I don't think any of us can deny that he's one smart cookie.

Obi-wan is such a good reader of people - love that he's starting to catch onto the mystery and unravel it bit by bit. If there's any way Anakin and Padme can be found, I know he'll make it happen. He might just be the catalyst that Palpatine didn't count on. At least, I can hope that's the case, right?

Another great chapter - this story always leaves me breathless. It's sooooo good - It never fails to make me cheer when I see you've updated. I'm clearly addicted - what can I say? That's A-OK with me! =D=

20. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm pretty sure someone will soon find out that you never made bargains with the devil without losing your soul in the end.

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Darth Sidious had learned long ago the value of patience. It was something he had mastered and had been his constant companion. However, looking at the holo-image of the man standing before him made that well cultivated patience wear thin and it felt like it was about to snap. The man was turning out to be more trouble than he was worth. Even if he helped in turning Anakin Skywalker to the Dark Side, he had become a nuisance and one Sidious was ready to dispose of, but not yet. He could still get some use out of the Senator of Aexxsh.

??Lord Sidious, I-I-I?m so glad to- to finally-? Senator Huit began shakily, clearly terrified of the man.

His words were cut off when he felt pressure close around his windpipe and it became difficult to breathe.

?I have told you, only I contact you,? Lord Sidious said menacingly. ?You are to never contact me, under any circumstances.? He watched while Senator Huit clawed at his throat trying desperately to break free from the unseen force that held him. ?I do not want to remind you again.?

He then released the Senator of Aexxsh who promptly fell to his knees and began gasping for air. ?Yes?Yes,? he stammered, his body heaving and shaking from the experience. ?I- I apologize.?

?Apology accepted,? Sidious said in a patronizing tone. ?Now tell me, what is it you so desperately need to talk to me about??

There was no mistaking the disgust and contempt in Sidious? voice and when Edo Huit looked up at the Sith Lord he wondered, not for the first time, if the deal he made was worth all this. Thinking of his wife, he knew what the answer was?

Yes, I'm quoting back that whole section because it was a powerful punch in the gut!! :eek:

So well done, but that is NO surprise at all. ;)

=D=

22. naadi

naadi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2005
    Obi-wan is not stupid,I'm sure he'll pick up on anything mysterious,hopefully[face_worried] Great update,can't wait for more=D= [face_peace]

23. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Well, well leave it to Palps to ruin everything :rolleyes: [face_skull]!!

Did I mention how much I hate him [face_mischief]?

I also definitely don't like what's-his-face-Sristen because he needs to back off from Padme and let her and Anakin work their problems out :mad:.

Excellent update;)!!

24. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ok, things are getting awfully interesting, I am wondering what exactly is going on between Padme and the other Senator. Can't wait for more to see how things pan out.

25. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I love Palpatine. He is just so bad.

This was a great update but you never disappoint.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.