main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Leaving Fan Force Salt Lake City

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by darth_toad, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    Dear Fellow Board Readers:

I will be leaving the Boards. I will check back from time to time, but will no longer post. I belive that Some people are here to force opinion. I refuse to be a member of a club that will allow such things to go on.

Opinions belong to each individual, but none should be forced to agree to. I thought these boards would be an experience to share with others about Star Wars. The boards have become too opinion based. This has turned out to be a very bad experience. This just shows how people can ruin something for someone else.

Good Bye to all.

A note to some that may be involved in the above: watashi wa anata ga ski ja ni desu.
    anata no abazureon desu. anata no baka desu.

2. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I haven't noticed that. I guess you just hang out where you feel comfortable. The fanfic boards are wonderfully friendly and rarely have any squabbles.

3. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Well we really never got to meet you at a meeting or anything but I'm sure you'll be missed around here.

4. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    Personally I don't want to leave. Over all I have had a good experiece with everyone except a unnamed few. I would have really liked to go to the meetings and meet you, but I don't want to get into a fist fight with someone becuase my opinion differs from theres. Thats fine. Thats what makes us unique. But its different when someone says thats what happened, end of story, my opinion is what stands, and your is all messed up. If someone ever said that to me face to face i would want to deck the son of a gun. I thinks it unfare for human standards to tell someone there opinion is wrong.

I can deal with a difference in opinion, but not someone telling me my opinion is wrong.

5. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I suppose this is my fault- and I appologize. I think my attempt at good natured ribbing and casual discussion and debate has been interpreted as a personal attack. I appolgize if that is the case. It's kinda hard to catch tone of voice on the boards. Please believe me that I intended only to have fun and make a little light of the subject. This was not meant to challenge you personaly. I think those who have met me would know that a malicious attack with an intent to piss someone off isnt really my character. So please accept my appology. If you still want to leave, best of luck to you- I meant nothing by it. If would like to stay I'm sure it would be appreciated by me and others. Sorry for the missunderstanding.

6. YodasLightSaber23

YodasLightSaber23 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    I have played a huge part in this and would like a few words. darth_toad, I am truly sorry. No offense was meant by what I said, and the last thing I want is for someone to leave the forum for something I have said. I should like very much to meet you at the meetings and converse, and I would never get in a fist fight with anyone about an opinoin they have. The only fist fight I have ever gotten myself into was because my friend, who proly diserved it, was about to get beat on by 6 guys, that just isn't right. I truly am sorry for coming off as rude, and I must admit you know far more about SW than I do.<--biggest understatement of the year! I really would like to see you post here still and actually do hold your opinion in high esteem. I am sorry, again, for any feelings I may have hurt and for offense I may have caused. I ask you for your forgiveness and your word to stay on this forum.

7. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I would suggest going to other forums, such as the "Jedi Council Community" and the "Senate Floor." Both of them are where I spend most of my time.

8. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    I would like to thank all of you for your sincerity. I really aprreciate it. and YLS23 I know you were probably not coming off that way, but I have a way of taking offense to things I think are attacking my personal opinion.

I want to apologize for any scare or threat I seemed to make to any for this mess. I am also partially responsible for this as well. I was hping by posting this, I would be able to voice my concern, and have a good outcome, which it did.

Again I am sorry for any problems this caused to any body, and YLS23 and Cool Guy I am more than happy to converse with you at any time.

Thank you again for addressing my concerns.

TOAD

PS I will be honored to stay.

9. YodasLightSaber23

May 20, 2002
  10. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Thank you for your patience and understanding...how about something we could agree on: Super Star Destroyer VS the Enterprise... :)

11. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Super Star Destroyer. It has like a billion turbolasers, and torpedos. Anything starting with U.S.S. would be blown to high heaven.

12. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    ka blooie!

13. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    [ Theme to "Welcome Back, Kotter" plays in background ]

Welcome back, Toad.

14. YodasLightSaber23

May 20, 2002
    I definitely think the Enterprise would get blown to pieces. I like Star Trek and all, but it is like Darth Sidious versus Frodo Baggins . Sheer ability overpowers and not to mention the firepower!

15. YodasLightSaber23

May 20, 2002
    Toad-
    I was just wondering what "watashi wa anata ga ski ja ni desu. anata no abazureon desu. anata no baka desu." means in english. If it was meant as an insult or anything no offense will be taken, I just wanted to know what it is.

16. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    this is what The bridge of the enterprise would sound like:

"Ensign, target main shield and fire!"

-"aye Sir"

-"sir, I am reading sub atomic fusion... They're opening fire."

"what the fu**"

!!!boom!!!

there wouldn't be enough left to even salvage.

17. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    Its japanese garble. I was saying I don;t like you, I don;t like your ideas, and that your bull headed. The few minor things I can remeber from Japaneses Class.

Sorry, in the steam of things, I Forgot I wrote those, but no offese to it. Like I said is was garble but written in japanese Roman-ji Style.

18. YodasLightSaber23

May 20, 2002
    Coo...no offense taken. I came off ass bullheaded, but wasn't meaning too. Anyway, Thanx

19. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Yay, Toad isn't leaving!!!

If anyone ever has a problem like this one or something, PM me. I'm constantly mediating disputes and am pretty good at listening to both sides of the story and helping people reconcile their problems. *has nightmare of becoming the JC psychologist*

20. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I too am glad that Darth Toad has opted to stay with us. As for Star Wars versus other stuff... Yoda vs. Neo. Now Neo was pretty tough, but I think after seeing AotC, we can all agree that YODA IS THE MAN! HE IS THE ONE! HE COULD TAKE ANYBODY, INCLUDING THE ENTIRE CREW OF THE ENTERPRISE AND I DOUBT THE LITTLE GREEN DUDE WOULD EVEN BREAK A SWEAT! Anyway, there's my humble opinion. I just pray I do not offend any Matrix or Star Trek enthusiasts. I like Star Trek (to a point) and love the Matrix, but I doubt anyone could dispute Yoda's abilities anymore. Darth Toad, thank you for choosing to stay. I for one look forward to your posts in the near future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.