main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Leaving (It's not about the money... really!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Knight_JT, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    I wanted to let the group know that I'm leaving the group. This has nothing to do with the membership dues. I'd be perfectly willing to pay monthly, it's not a problem.

From the posts I've been reading, I am starting to feel like I'm not really a part of the group. I don't attend a majority of meetings & I don't go to events. According to the Charter (as I understand it) that means I'm not really a member any way. So, since I feel like I'm not a member and there are posts that I take to be implying that I don't contribute to the group, I'm done. I no longer really feel welcome in the group.

I've had fun at the meetings & events I have attended. I think of you as friends, & will always think of you that way.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    JT, I wish you'd reconsider! We're updating the charter and addressing this issue. You are a member and we have pictures to prove it! :)

Please, at least wait until you see the changes we're proposing for the charter. We should have them up this evening or tomorrow by the latest.

3. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    JT, you can't leave!!!

I know it's hard to feel a part of things when you can't make it to most events.
    I've felt that way. And I feel bad when I can't make it to events as much as others can,
    but I know I can't always help it and I know you can't either. You shouldn't feel bad
    about it though.

I hope you don't leave!!!!
    [face_praying]

4. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    This makes me really sad. I'm sorry that you don't feel welcome or part of the group JT. Is there anything that can be said to make this situation better?

5. Jedi_Knight_JT

Nov 11, 2006
    I'll stick around a bit longer. However, not being able to make it to most (ok, nearly all of the meetings) because I don't have a car still makes me feel a bit like an outsider. I know I should get to more of the group activities & I would love to do so, but I don't have the funds, or time, to be trying to catch a bunch of different buses in order to attend meetings &/or official events. For this reason I haven't been able to attend the things I wanted to attend (for example: Star Wars Day @ the Library, or the meetings @ Deb's). I wanted to go to the FCBD (it's just around the corner from my house) this year, but was sick & didn't want to make any of you sick.

6. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I'm glad you're going to stick around JT. We're going to try to be doing a lot of different things this year and do activiities etc. that more people can participate in. If there are events down the hill that are close enough that someone can pick you up and give you a ride, we will try to do that. I want to try to do that with Cara too. I know your school schedule/homework has been an issue also and we understand that. We all have different things at different times that keep us from being able to attend our differentt outings and events. As we are trying as a group to reach out and do more charity things, I'd also like to see us all become closer and able to help each other out with things too. The old thing "charity begins at home" kind of comes to mind. I so agree with Stuart, when he says that it's the people in this group that make people want to join. It's everyone's kindness and caring in addition to the fun, that has meant so much to Ryan and I. I don't ever want to see us lose that in our group.

7. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    I can tell you that the people in this group are great. I don't know where this hill place is but I live in Rancho and would be happy to pick you up. I usually come alone to most events because my friends think I'm wierd so you can keep me company as we drive to the hill place. So just give it a chance, I'm new to the group and would be glad to meet you.

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    This is exactly the reason you fit so well into this group, Jen. You love SW and have a big heart!!!

Not sure if you're serious. Just in case, "up the hill" means up in the high desert. The hill is the Cajon Pass.

If you were just kidding.... you got me!!!!

9. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Jedi_Knight_JT My friend I know we have not met much but please don't let our 501st/ Rebel Legion episode make you feel like leaving, I am glad you are going to stick around and I want to be the first to say I am sorry if any of my chatter mad you feel this way let me show you what this group is really about.

Any one offended by what I have said? Step up I want to personally say sorry to each and every one of you.

10. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    LOL, I was serious. I kept looking at the posts like where is this hill because all I see are mountains (we don't have mountains back east). If these are what you guys call hills, Holy Moly!!!

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I honestly don't know where the term "up the hill" and "down the hill" came from. I've lived in the high desert all my life and always remember using it.

12. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    I think "up" and "down" the hill has to do with the elevation, but anyway, I'm glad to hear you're sticking around a bit JT.

13. Jedi_Knight_JT

Nov 11, 2006
    Thanks Jen! I really appreciate it. I think we're all weird so, we have good company. [face_laugh]

I use "up the hill" & "down the hill to refer to location. To me, Victorville & places around there are "up the hill", & Rancho/Ontario area is "down the hill". I've always used the term (living "down the hill" my whole life), but don't know where it's from either.

Don't worry Ronnie (you can call me JT if it's easier to type than my entire board name... lol). It wasn't anything you said or did. There were just a few posts (I won't mention names or topics) I read that kinda got under my skin a bit

14. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    JT, I know exactly how you feel. Not being able to make to to events because of transportation is one of the most frustrating thing to deal with. Trust me, I know.

But, the group is so much more than events. I mean look at all the fun we have on the message boards. Please don't leave...at least not until I've had a chance to meet you, LOL. ;)

15. Jedi_Knight_JT

Nov 11, 2006
    I'll be stickin 'round for a bit longer. Don't worry.[face_laugh]

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.