main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Leaving Normal - Anakin starts having visions his later life - Post 10 23/05/03!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darla101, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    I talked about doing this fic a while ago, but I've only just gotten
    round to it. Making chapter 1 as we speak.

Notes: I talked about doing this fic a while ago, but I've only just
    gotten round to it. Making chapter 1 as we speak.

-------

Leaving Normal

Prologue

`Force, this is boring.'

Anakin had been standing in front of the Jedi council for what seemed
    like a millennia. He and Obi-Wan had just returned from a mission on
    Spira. Some spoiled rich kid needed protecting because someone tried
    to shoot her, while her parents were dissolving some big senatorial
    row. Nothing much happened, but as usual, Obi-Wan was dragging things
    out.

He decided to let his mind wonder a little. Spira was a pretty
    planet, a common resort for holidays. He hadn't minded that kid
    so
    much when he'd seen the planet. Coruscant was beautiful in its
    own
    way, full of shimmering buildings in the sky. And the Jedi Temple
    seemed to glow with it. He wondered ` will it always be like
    this'?

The council and his master were still talking, but he was tuning it
    out. He could here something else. Some thing through the force,
    perhaps? Maybe just a background noise. Maybe he was imagining
    things. He began to feel a rather odd sensation in his chest. A
    tightness, like there was something there that shouldn't be.
    Like?
    well not like anything! He'd never felt something so strong
    through
    the force before! This felt?real. It was slightly frightening.
    The
    council chamber was neither the time nor place for this. He needed to
    refocus. He needed to listen. But all he could here was this hissing,
    this horriable sound. Distorted voices he didn't recognise, he
    felt
    so dizzy, sick?

`Am I ill? Is something wrong? I can't breathe!'

H e was starting to panic now. Snap, hisss, snap hisss. `Whats
    happening to me!?'

"Anakin!"

That was Obi-Wans voice, but he sounded so far away. He was right
    next him a moment ago! Smearing images flicked across his eyes like
    an old holofilm that had gotten dust into it. `Master!' He
    felt
    something cold against his back and head, and then everything went
    black?

2. ForbiddenAngel

ForbiddenAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Poor Anakin! It's very interesting! Hope there's a post soon!

3. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Looks good!! Can't wait to see more!!

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

4. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    interesting start.

5. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Looks good so far. :)

6. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    THIS IS AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!!! UP!!!

7. darla101

Feb 11, 2003
    ForbiddenAngel - Thats the idea I guess. I'll try to get the next post up tonight, but I need to put up another too. :)

Queen_Sara- Thanks. I'll try but im Irish and it is St. P's

Jacen200015 - Thats what a prologues all about isn't it?

jedi_master_ousley - Thanks ;)

diamond_pony2002 - *blush* Thank you. Always nice to know someone likes this stuff.

8. darla101

Feb 11, 2003
    Chapter 1

?He?s waking up.?

?Is he alright??

?I still don?t understand what happened!?

?Anakin??

?Y-yes, master??

His voice sounded different, kind of shaky, unsteady. But the pain was gone, and he could see clearly Alin-lee, a healer, and the face of his master, who was sitting on the chair beside him. He was in the med center at the temple. The smell of bacta in the air, the white sheets and the bed told him that much. He pulled himself up, and leant back against the pillow.

?What happened up there?? Obi-Wans voice drew my attention back. He was tired, and maybe a little worried.

?I?m..I..don?t know??

He sat forward on the chair, clasping a hand protectively. ?Wow? Anakin thought @I guess I did worry him.?

?What do you remember??

Anakin thought for a minute, then replied, ?We were reporting to the council about the mission on Spira. You were talking, and my attention wondered a little-? He didn?t miss the disapproving stare his master gave him. ?-and then my chest felt?well it felt tight, or squashed? Like something was there that shouldn?t be there and something that should was missing, that?s the only way I can describe it. I felt like I couldn?t breath, and all I could here was this horriable snap hissing sound and these distorted voices?then I felt dizzy and I heard you call me, then here I am.?

His master looked down, holding his hands by his eyes, like he usually does when he?s thinking.

Anakin decided to get a question in first, ?What did you see happen??

Obi-Wan looked up, ?I was giving the report, when Master Yaddle commented that you didn?t look well. I was about to ask if you were feeling unwell when you collapsed.? He stopped for a minute, then asked, ?Are you alright??

Anakin nodded. ?I am, now.?

?Cue the awkward silence,? Anakin thought.

His master cleared his throat, and then began to speak again. ?These voices, what do you think they are??

?It was really hard to distinguish,? Anakin frowned, ?Just that they didn?t sound familiar to me, but?it feels like they should have? Does that make any sense??

?Not a great deal, but I suppose it could have just been a random future possibility.?

?I guess??
    Obi-Wan looked up to the healer, who had been standing at the end of the bed during the conversation. ?Is he fit to go back to the apartment??

The healer shook his head, ?I can?t find anything wrong with him. It is a puzzle. I would like to keep him in overnight for observation, but I won?t demand it??

Obi-Wan looked at his padawan and shrugged. ?Its up to you.?

?I want to go!? Anakin said hastily. Theres no way he was staying there longer that he had to!

?Well, you need to rest. If anything else happens, let us know.?

----

It was dark, cold, frightening. There was that noise again, like an adder in the grasslands of Naboo. Snap, hiss! Snap, hiss!

He could see a lot of people in grey uniforms and sense a lot of fear?for him? No, of him! He was walking through corridors, winding corridors that his mind could not contemplate yet his feet knew where to take him. He entered the door and it shut behind him.

There were very few furnishings in this room, just the bare essentials and rather strange pod shape. The colors were black and white and dull but somehow the only colors that deemed worthy.

He sat in the chair at a black desk, holding a datapad in front of him. He didn?t know why, but somehow this datapad help important information. But what? He started to look through through and it and was shocked to notice the alien feeling of cold leather on his hands. His eyes felt different, better but missing something. This was such an odd feeling.

Snap, hiss! Snap, hiss!

?What is that damn noise?!? he thought.

He looked at the datapad, but somehow he didn?t take in what it said. Instead, his mind wondered and he began to see a different image. A bedroom, in a small house. He was cuddled up to ? Padmé!

The weather out side was thunder and lightning?The Gods moving their furniture as his mother would tell him when

9. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    That was great! I have to read more of this! I hope Ani is going to be ok. Is there any......"Obi comforts Ani" parts in this? I love that kinda stuff! UP!!!!!

10. ForbiddenAngel

ForbiddenAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Awesome post, it seems that Anakin is seeing the future? Very good can't wait for the next one!

11. JediHunterCommand

JediHunterCommand Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    Creepy. Well done!

12. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    ***Falls flat on her face*** WHERE'S THE POST?!? :_|

13. darla101

Feb 11, 2003
    Sorry guys. Im really sick so the post is probably going to take till Sunday...unless im in hospitol, it will be here!

14. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear that. Get better soon.

Vadey

15. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Wow, this is really good! Can't wait until the next post! Get better soon.

16. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    OH! I HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON! HEY YA'LL! LET'S SEND OUR PRAYERS OUT TO HER!

17. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    This is really cool. :)

When is this set? Can I assume it's before AOTC?

Maybe seeing these visions will allow Anakin to avoid his fall?

18. darla101

Feb 11, 2003
    Thanks for the get wells everyone. Its been 5 weeks and I'm fed up with it. But Im working on the next part as I type.

VadeyFan2002 - Thanks, I am trying.

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO- Thank you. Its always nice to know.

diamond_pony2002 - You gotta like this if you've stayed this long. *smiles*

TorontoJediMaster - Few weeks previous. I'm still deciding whether to skip AOTC as the film to meld it to my own ways and put it in the fic...

As for Anakin going Vader...that would be telling!

19. darla101

Feb 11, 2003
    Here it is, finally. The next part. If you're wondering about the ending, YES, you are supposed to be confused.

---

Night on Coruscant shone. Everywhere you looked, there was light. He neon signs, the adverts, the clubs and the most important light of all: the stars. They shone the most, in a million different shapes and colors. They shone on the other planets, like a blinding light. Gods among angels.

'More like angels amonst devils.' Anakin thought ruefully, as he drank his coffee. The stars were fading, as the light of day began. A new hope for every living thing. Anakin had been staring out the window, in the apartment he shared with his master for over an hour, since he's awoke from the nightmare.

Anakin was used to nightmares. Sometimes he thought that he could dream every little thing that happened in the galaxy, because he had so much bad dreams.

?How long have you been here??

He turned to see his master, head cocked to one side, fully dressed and way too awake for 5:30am.

?Since I was about nine.?

Obi-Wan just shook his head. ?You must be feeling better.?

I attempted to smile but it didn?t turn much into one, as he got a shiver down his back.

//??I was but the learner, now I am the master.?//

He jumped with a start, and saw Obi-Wan staring at him. ?I may have been a little premature??

Anakin let out a long breath. ?Its not real. That?s all you have to remember.? The old saying didn?t seem all together true, because it felt so real. ?It?s nothing.?

The little kettle whistled and Obi-Wan made himself a little tea. He took the cup and sat on the couch and motioned for him to do the same.

?I?m going to need more than ?distorted voices? Anakin.?

?I had a nightmare. That?s it.? He sat down on the chair opposite his master, and reached for the comb. He probably looked like a wreck.

?A nightmare similar to what happened in the council chambers yesterday??

Anakin shrugged. ?Can?t be sure.?
    ?But you think??

?Kind of.?

?And the jumping jack act??

?A passing tremor??

?Am I going to get a straight answer out of you??

?Your tea is getting cold.?

With that Anakin left the room, hearing Obi-Wan mutter something about him being the death of him.

The shiver went down his spine again as he headed for the ?fresher. He splashed the cold water on his face, then looked at himself in the mirror. Why didn?t he feel?right?

His hair looked like a bantha had dragged him through Nubian woods, his eyes were baggy and bloodshot. Then again, his face looked like a ghost. A ghost?

?I?m losing my mind! I?m imagining ghosts!?

He was being ridiculous. And he had no time to be. He had classes to go to, missions to go on, this was insane!

---

?What do you mean, stationed?!? He asked his master, at Lunch.

?The council feels you shouldn?t be put under strain due to recent?developments.? Obi-Wan commented gently, as he made his way to the the cafeteria. ?And for makers sake, will you keep your voice down?!?

?Sithspit! I have a few nightmares and they ground me? What am I, five?!? Anakin just could not believe this!

?Need I remind you that you collapsed yesterday in front of the entire council?? He has a point. Anakin hated when he had a point. ?And watch your language.?

?Yes, mom.?

?Anakin, sometimes I really wonder why I put up with you and your little sparing matches.?

?Your just mad cause you never win!? Anakin grinned.

// ?You can?t win...?//

?What did you just say?? Anakin demanded.

?I said ?That?s because you are stubborn.? What did you think I said??

?Nothing??

They stopped outside the cafeteria and ObiWan turned to him and said, ?I can?t help you if you don?t talk to me.?

?I will. I just, I have to check on Luke.?

20. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    'I've to check on Luke'
    Is Anakin talking about things to come without even realizing it?
    Obi will drag him at his ears to the healers or Yoda. The mention of Luke has to be the last drop.

Yes, I know, you wont tell us, but I may speculate.

Vadey

21. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    confused? i'm curious, more soon please.

22. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Hmmm...veeeerrry interesting.

23. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    I'm VERY confused.

24. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    I think that Obi-Wan or Yoda would realize these are visions of the future.

I read one AU fic where Anakin never turned to the Dark Side, but he does have dreams about him being Vader and Obi-Wan tells him they're visions if he had turned when Palpatine tempted him.

Perhaps what's happening now is The Force is giving him a chance to change the future.

25. darla101

Feb 11, 2003
    Its so much fun listening to all of you theorise. Not one of you have figured out what I'm going to do exactly, but alot is close.

I'm on a Yahoo Group that I'm getting some feedback on a few ideas on where to go so to be fair, I'm not even sure.

VadeyFan2002 - On his ears? They'd have to be taking the mick if Yoda did that.

jacen200015 - That was the idea.

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO - LOL! Is that a quote? I've heard that somewhere and I can't think.

diamond_pony2002 - Awww, I'll post the next one soon I promise.

TorontoJediMaster - Maybe. But then again, this is Anakin. Will people believe him if says that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.