Leaving on a jet plane...

Discussion in 'North' started by Jedi_padawan_leigh, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    But this time I will know when I'll be back again

Hey guys.

CAMP IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

The kids left today as well as well as the majority of staff. I just feel i need to write get some feelings off my chest, It has been a very emotional week. I have made so many fantastic friends and connections during the 9 weeks I have been here. We had a staff gathering last night memories were shared and tears were shed (especially from me :_| ) In a way it is like leaving family. Cos that is what we were, one big, disfuctional (sorta) family. I'm glad I went through with this experience, and the camp director told me that if I want a job next summer I am welcome to come back.

I think this experience in a way has made me a stronger person, but only slightly. More confident, but again, only slightly. I came out here to see if I could grow as a person, and the job was very demanding, tons of highs and lows and some of the time I felt like just packing up and leaving. But it is only my first summer doing something remotely like this. I guess for people used to this environment its second nature but for me it was so alien in the beginning and even after 9 weeks I still felt unsure of myself as a councellor, was I doing it right what was I doing wrong why are these kids not listening to me etc etc. It also made me feel as if my best wasnt good enough, I would exaust myself and try to put the best into everything that I did but it never seemed to be "right" But I guess if I DO end up coming back next summer I can learn from the past 3 months and hopefully continue my goal to become a stronger person.

Sorry if this all comes off as a load of complete rubbish but I'm writing it as I go. (You all know how I ramble on ;) )

Annnnyway, Now I'm preparing to leave for new york. I'm taking a greyhound (21 hour bus ride eeeek!) staying in a hostel overnight and then leaving for the uk on sunday. Can't wait to see everyone again. Better go fininsh packing or I will never get away

*hugs*
  2. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    Hope you had a good journey :)

See you soon.
  3. khabarakh23 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds as though it's something you'll always look back on and say "yeah, so glad I did that"
    If it's affected you that much it must have been very rewarding

Go you!
  4. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [:D]
    Sent u a text madame, have a safe trip back, and will chat when you are home :D
  5. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    It'll be good to have you back here, Leigh [:D]
  6. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    you will now of course appreciate what you have missed all this time....rain...rain....and a bit more....rain...AND US GUYS! [face_peace]

have a good trip back - I have many curious memories of trips in the US on Greyhound (one including a drug dealer being hauled of the bus and a woman being thrown off in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night becuase she attempted to light up a cigarette!)

se ya soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.