main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Lebowski Fest 09

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthZemog, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey Rogues,

I had originally posted this in the Carrie Fisher thread, but figured it would warrant its own thread, so here goes.

If you're a fan of the Big Lebowski (Dude), and if you're not going to Comic Con (I know right), July 24th and 25th is Lebowski Fest in SF!!! Come have a few White Russians, "another caucasian Gary", roll a few frames, "I'm throwing rocks tonight!", and celebrate one of the funniest movies of all time, "the Dude Abides"!

Fri, July 24th - Lebowski Fest San Francisco Bowling Party - Bowling, costume, trivia and other contests. Ticket includes bowling* and shoe rental. All ages. 8pm @ Classic Bowl - 900 King Plz, Daly City, CA 94015
    $28 Advance / $32 Day of

Sat, July 25th- Lebowski Fest San Francisco Movie Party - Featuring Har Mar Superstar plus special guests TBA. Followed by a screening of the movie. All ages. Doors 6:30pm, Show 7:30 @ Fox Theater - 1807 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94612. $22.50

SF Lebowski Fest 09

I don't know if I can make the Friday night bowling, but I may not be able to pass up on seeing it on the big screen on Saturday! "Mark it eight Dude!"

Later,
    DZ

2. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I might actually be down for the screening in Oakland since I'm a transplanted Rogue who now lives in the East Bay.

3. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey Rogues,

Lebowskifest was awesome! I was able to go to the Saturday movie party with my brother and it was great! The Fox theater in Oakland was really nice, they really did a great job renovating it. It kind of stinks that I live so far away because that would be a cool place to see concerts at.

Anyway the evening started with a short film about the beginnings of Lebowskifest and then this guy whose been to like every single fest since they started them back in 2002 and who looks just like the "Dude" came out to introduce 2 of the founders of Lebowskifest Will and Scott. They talked for a little while about the fests and how happy they were to see all of us come out to show our love for this awesome movie and then they brought out the special guest for the evening, Jim Hoosier who played "Liam", John Turturro's character "the Jesus" bowling partner! The crowd (including myself and my brother) went absolutely crazy at seeing "Liam", especially when he did his hip swivel, double arm pump celebration dance from the opening credits of the movie!

Next it was the musical performance by Har Mar Superstar, who prior to singing performed Marty the Landlords dance quintet, which unfortunately we forget to give him notes on! ;) Really, it was hella funny and he totally fit that venue.

Finally it was time for the movie and it was just spectacular to see on the big screen! Everyone was loving seeing the "Dude" work his magic on the big screen. I can tell you my brother and I loved every minute of it, and we laughed through the whole thing, but how could you not, its just that good!

I got a bunch of pics, will have to host them somewhere for the group to see, and even got to shake hands with the 2 founders and Har Mar. The best though was meeting "Liam" and actually getting to hang out and talk about the movie and the fests with him afterwards. He is a really super nice and super cool guy. Got a couple of pics with Liam too!

Saw lots of people dressed as the "Dude", a couple of "Walters", some Valkyries and some obscure costumes like Larry's homework! Oh and the White Russians were flowing all night long! At the end of the night I felt a little like the "Dude" after Jackie Treehorn drugged him, but oh well, the Dude abides! It was great fun and I'm totally going next year and recommend to all even if you haven't seen the movie, and if you haven't why not?! :)

~DZ

4. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey Rogues,

For those that care to look, I finally got my pics from the Lebowskifest movie night up!

Lebowskifest 2009 Pics!

It was a great night and as long as it doesn't run concurrent with next years Comic Con, I'll be going again!

~DZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.