main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Left Behind {An AU A/T fic} *November 26 - page 8*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Courtney_Solo, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Tahiri Veila stood outside the warmaster's office, waiting for the guard to let her in. What could I have done this time? she wondered.

The guard shoved her in the room. ?Jeedai Quee, we have come to meet at last. How are the ... crops??

?Faring well, sir.?

?Good ... good. And the slaves??

?Working as diligently as ever, with their new overseer. Excellent idea, by the way,? Tahiri knew that the warmaster had a soft spot for flattery.

The warmaster smiled. ?I will be brief, attendant. You have found favor in the sight of the anointed n one. He has chosen you to oversee the vornskyr breeding ground. Although the voxyn have been destroyed, we can still raise an imminent threat to the Jeedai.?

Tahiri eyed him warily. ?Why are you telling me this??

The warmaster leaned forward. ?Fear, young Jeedai. Fear is what controls the galaxy. Fear is what keeps you from escaping. And fear, young one, is what will bring the galaxy to its knees.?

?Ah. And how far are we on that conquest?? she asked, somewhat sarcastically.

?We have set our sights on a more ... threatening target. The next planet to fall will be Yavin 4,? the warmaster grinned sardonically. Tahiri concealed a gasp. Anakin and Myri! ?Now, go.?

She bowed and headed towards her new workstation.

Anakin watched his mother type slowly into her transmission unit impatiently. Leia seemed to be taking her own sweet time. Even Han seemed to fidget from the wait. Myri tugged her father's arm. ?Tell Gwandma to huwwy up! Mommy needs our help!? She exclaimed. When Leia looked over to her son, he smiled sheepishly and silenced his daughter through the Force. Mrs. Solo finished typing, and the whole room seemed relieved ? even Luke Skywalker.

?They are on their way,? Leia stated. The whole room cheered.

?Now remember, Jedi Tahiri Veila may be in disguise, so use precaution on whom you kill,? Mara keyed a few buttons, and a holo of Tahiri was projected. ?This is she. Do whatever you can to ensure her safety while staying on the mission,? A young pilot raised his hand. ?Yes??

?What exactly [i]is[/i] the mission?? 15 year old Jagged Fel asked. Mara smiled.

?I was getting to that. The mission is simplicity in itself. Destroy the vornskyr breeding ground without getting killed. We have also been informed by our Yuuzhan Vong double agent, Nom Anor, that Tahiri has been set as the overseer for this area. DO NOT destroy it without first checking to see that she is safe. You have been briefed. Dismissed! And may the Force be with us all.?

[hr]

Tahiri sensed something unusual that day. The vornskyr were restless, the Yuuzhan Vong guards were shifting uncomfortably, and even Vergere seemed wary. Something was about to happen. Vergere walked up to Tahiri. ?I sense an attack,? she stated.

Tahiri furrowed her brow. ?From whom? The Jedi? They won't attack us, they must know by now that I'm here. The Jedi wouldn't nuke us knowing they would kill me. They ... know I'm here.? [i][color=limegreen]Yet, he hasn't rescued me. He IS alive ... I think.[/i][/color]

?Nevertheless, be on your guard. They may attempt to 'rescue' you,? Vergere stated. Almost three months previous, a rumor had spread that Tahiri had been offered freedom, yet chose to stay, convincing everyone that she was loyal to the Yuuzhan Vong, like Viqi Shesh.

Tahiri smirked. ?They would have rescued me long ago. I don't think they'd wait two years.?

Vergere raised an 'eyebrow'. ?They only found out that you were alive a day ago.? Tahiri looked to her friend in shock.

?So THAT'S why they bring ysalamiri everywhere I go,? she stated. ?The Jedi thought I was dead,? Tahiri turned to Vergere. ?How come they found out now??

?Their spy.?

?You know who their spy is??

?Of course,? Vergere chuckled. ?I assist him when I can.?

?Nom Anor.?

?Are you still loyal to the Jedi?? Vergere asked.

Tahiri shrugged. ?Maybe.?

Her friend leaned in closer. ?Yes, Nom Anor.?

A Yuuzhan Vong warrior motioned to the

2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  3. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks, padawan. :)

4. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    Ohhhh,Evil Cliffie Master....[face_devil]

5. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Yes, it is. [face_devil]

6. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Tahiri Veila stood outside the warmaster's office, waiting for the guard to let her in. What could I have done this time? she wondered.

The guard shoved her in the room. ?Jeedai Quee, we have come to meet at last. How are the ... crops??

?Faring well, sir.?

?Good ... good. And the slaves??

?Working as diligently as ever, with their new overseer. Excellent idea, by the way,? Tahiri knew that the warmaster had a soft spot for flattery.

The warmaster smiled. ?I will be brief, attendant. You have found favor in the sight of the anointed n one. He has chosen you to oversee the vornskyr breeding ground. Although the voxyn have been destroyed, we can still raise an imminent threat to the Jeedai.?

Tahiri eyed him warily. ?Why are you telling me this??

The warmaster leaned forward. ?Fear, young Jeedai. Fear is what controls the galaxy. Fear is what keeps you from escaping. And fear, young one, is what will bring the galaxy to its knees.?

?Ah. And how far are we on that conquest?? she asked, somewhat sarcastically.

?We have set our sights on a more ... threatening target. The next planet to fall will be Yavin 4,? the warmaster grinned sardonically. Tahiri concealed a gasp. Anakin and Myri! ?Now, go.?

She bowed and headed towards her new workstation.

Anakin watched his mother type slowly into her transmission unit impatiently. Leia seemed to be taking her own sweet time. Even Han seemed to fidget from the wait. Myri tugged her father's arm. ?Tell Gwandma to huwwy up! Mommy needs our help!? She exclaimed. When Leia looked over to her son, he smiled sheepishly and silenced his daughter through the Force. Mrs. Solo finished typing, and the whole room seemed relieved ? even Luke Skywalker.

?They are on their way,? Leia stated. The whole room cheered.

?Now remember, Jedi Tahiri Veila may be in disguise, so use precaution on whom you kill,? Mara keyed a few buttons, and a holo of Tahiri was projected. ?This is she. Do whatever you can to ensure her safety while staying on the mission,? A young pilot raised his hand. ?Yes??

?What exactly [i]is[/i] the mission?? 15 year old Jagged Fel asked. Mara smiled.

?I was getting to that. The mission is simplicity in itself. Destroy the vornskyr breeding ground without getting killed. We have also been informed by our Yuuzhan Vong double agent, Nom Anor, that Tahiri has been set as the overseer for this area. DO NOT destroy it without first checking to see that she is safe. You have been briefed. Dismissed! And may the Force be with us all.?

[hr]

Tahiri sensed something unusual that day. The vornskyr were restless, the Yuuzhan Vong guards were shifting uncomfortably, and even Vergere seemed wary. Something was about to happen. Vergere walked up to Tahiri. ?I sense an attack,? she stated.

Tahiri furrowed her brow. ?From whom? The Jedi? They won't attack us, they must know by now that I'm here. The Jedi wouldn't nuke us knowing they would kill me. They ... know I'm here.? [i][color=limegreen]Yet, he hasn't rescued me. He IS alive ... I think.[/i][/color]

?Nevertheless, be on your guard. They may attempt to 'rescue' you,? Vergere stated. Almost three months previous, a rumor had spread that Tahiri had been offered freedom, yet chose to stay, convincing everyone that she was loyal to the Yuuzhan Vong, like Viqi Shesh.

Tahiri smirked. ?They would have rescued me long ago. I don't think they'd wait two years.?

Vergere raised an 'eyebrow'. ?They only found out that you were alive a day ago.? Tahiri looked to her friend in shock.

?So THAT'S why they bring ysalamiri everywhere I go,? she stated. ?The Jedi thought I was dead,? Tahiri turned to Vergere. ?How come they found out now??

?Their spy.?

?You know who their spy is??

?Of course,? Vergere chuckled. ?I assist him when I can.?

?Nom Anor.?

?Are you still loyal to the Jedi?? Vergere asked.

Tahiri shrugged. ?Maybe.?

Her friend leaned in closer. ?Yes, Nom Anor.?

A Yuuzhan Vong warrior motioned to the

7. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
  8. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thaaanks...

9. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    ?Sticks to Little Brother: the vornskyr breeding ground will be in range in exactly 2.01.Rendezvous to the main ?way. We?ll ?walk in? through the back door,?

Anakin smiled. ?Little Brother to Sticks: copy that, Jaya. I?ll target the warmaster?s office then scour the area for Tahiri. Once my squadron is out, blast ?em.?

Myri, who was left behind on Yavin IV, came online. ??Hewwo?, everybody!? she squealed. ?Miss Tionne let me ?bowwow? her ?comwink?. Is Daddy ?thewre???

?Hey, Little Angel!? Jaina commented. Everyone in Rogue Squadron had agreed to call her that since Anakin couldn?t bring himself to remember his daughter?s new nickname. ?It?s Aunt Jaina.?

?Hey, Little Angel! It?s Jagged Fel.?

?Hey, Lil? Angel, it?s Kyp Durron.?

?Do I
    seriously have to comment, Little Angel? It?s Uncle Jacen.?

Myri giggled in delight at the greetings. ?Hi, Auntie Jaina, Mister Jag, Master ?Duwwon?, and ?Unkie? Jacen! Is Daddy there??

Anakin chuckled. ?Hey, Little Angel-?

?Daddy!-?

?It?s your bedtime,?

?Aww, can?t I stay up two more minutes??

?To do what??

?Talk to you!? She made it sound as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.
    Anakin blushed at the amount of love Myri had for her ?daddy?.

?Sorry, Veila, you promised me you?d go to bed early,?

?Have you found Mommy, yet??

?We haven?t even started looking, yet, Little Angel,?

?Do you think she?ll like me??

?I know she?ll love you,?

?I hope so! I already love her so vewy, vewy much!?

?I do, too, Little Angel,? Anakin mumbled.

?Miss Tionne says it?s time for bed. When you come back, will you tuck me in??

?I don?t think I?ll be there when you need tucking in. I?ll be at Mr. Vong?s house, getting Mommy,? he remarked. (Well, geez, you don?t raise a kid knowing that a lizard-monster looking thing was gonna come get her if she was bad. It?s like the boogeyman. Kids hear that story once, and they go nuts.)

A few shuffling noises followed. ?I?m in bed, now, Daddy. Will you tuck me in?? she asked innocently. Anakin sighed and reached out with the Force to bring the covers his daughter. Myri giggled. ?Daddy, the sheets moved all by themselves!?

?Good night, Veila.?

Good night, Daddy. I love you!?

?I love you, too, Little Angel,? the comlink clicked as Myri exited the conversation.

?Awww, how sweet, Daddy Solo!? Jaina teased.
    Anakin blushed.

?I think I shed a tear!? Kyp Durron teased sarcastically.

?Oh ? put a sock in it,? Anakin muttered.

?Vornskyr breeding ground now in range. Commence operation?? Jag Fel interrupted.

?Operation Vornskyr is a GO. Little Brother, Rogue 14 and 15; break left!? Jaina ordered. The first volley of plasma shots erupted towards them. ?Creature Tamer, Rogue 16, and Kypster; follow me. Kyp, find a better name for your craft!?

?Target cannons only!? Anakin ordered.

?Roger that,? they all replied.

Tahiri grasped a railing as the building shook and plaster flaked off the ceiling.
    ?The Jeedai!? A cry rang out. Tahiri grinned inwardly.
    [i][color=green]I don?t know what they?re about to do, but it couldn?t hurt to help.[/i][/color]

?Intensify shields to maximum!? she cried, knowing the shields had been destroyed (single-handedly by herself, and no one suspected a thing. Imagine!).

?We HAVE no shields!?

?What!?!? she cried out in mock astonishment.
    Vergere caught onto the plan.

?Transport all ysalamiri to the ?dome!? Vergere exclaimed.

?But Jeedai Quee-?

?Do it! Quee isn?t going anywhere,?
    [i][color=darkblue]But Jeedai[/i] Veila [i]is.[/i][/color]
    Tahiri smiled at her friend gratefully.

Suddenly, she could feel the Force.
    It felt so good ? swishing around her, through her, over her - after so long.
    Yet, there was something more in the Force that swirled about her.
    More strength, more emotion.
    [i]Anakin.[/i]

[hr]

Anakin had just taken out a plasma ca

10. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHH
    nice talking with a tot and the rogues
    Kypster? goddess hace u gone bonkers

11. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter!!

:) !:) !
    Tahiri:) !:) !
    :) ![face_dancing]

12. CassaSoloDaughterOfA

CassaSoloDaughterOfA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    When it comes to fanfiction you and I are still evil...just not twins.:p See, I probably would have killed one of them and made the other one suffer..but you have loving sympathy towards your characters!

I probably would have had a Vong shoot Jacen down too...[face_devil]

13. tempestblue

tempestblue Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2006
    Myri 4 president!:D

wonderful story :)

14. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks, y'all!

15. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I have the next update ready for whoever may want it. :)

16. tempestblue

tempestblue Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2006
    OK, here!
    I want!:D

17. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Me too Master[face_dancing]

18. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Whew, great story here Courtney, really liked it.

Hope nothing goes wrong with the rescue.

Please add me to the PM list.

TnTornado

19. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Alright, I will!
    Here's the problem, this topic won't let me post the update.
    I have no idea why.
    BUT I'm going to try again in a few minutes and see if anything's changed.

Thank you for your patience,

Courtney @};- Solo

20. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I apologize, but this 'fic must be put on hold until we can figure out what if preventing me from posting. :(

Thank you for your patience. :)

C @};- S

21. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.