main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Left Behind [AU; Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin] ? Completed & Alternative endings

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthManul, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    Icepaw_Kenobi

So suspensful! I look forward to seeing what Obi-Wan decides!

And honestly, what do you expect he will decide? :)

And of course, thanks for not abandoning our story!

2. DarthManul

DarthManul Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2010
    Thanks everybody for your replies.

littleobiwankenobi, indeed, you are right: it?s time for?

Chapter 9. Palpatine?s Act

There are two kinds of people: those, who like opera, and those, who do not. Chancellor Palpatine was afraid of it. The reason was not in his dizziness: he had got used to it on a Senate tribune. The matter was that all of really important political decisions, including nominating of chancellors (Have you been thinking they are elected? Ha-ha!), were made right there; saying the politics lose their posts, people made a mistake: in fact, politics were removed from the stage. Palpatine had not been a simple actor for a week already and was ?changing the repertoire,? as his predecessor?Valorum?had been expressing such a deal, but it was not so easy to forget the ascension to the ?elite seats? of the Republic bureaucratic system. However, even if he felt some fear while visiting this epicenter of the real power, he gained some profit from it: the Sith philosophy taught to use fear as any other emotion. That day?s act was quite difficult, but also important and simply necessary.

?Yes, senator?? Qui-Gon saluted.

?Well, a chancellor already,? the hologram grasped.

?Sorry, chancellor, some deals lead me? somewhere very far away. Please, take my congratulations.? The Jedi could not understand why the chancellor had called him. Maybe this was connected with the Naboo?

?Oh, that?s all right, my friend,? said Palpatine softly. ?It seems that I still haven?t expressed my condolences for the tragical accident with your padawan. It was so sudden.?

Qui-Gon strained at that point of conversation. The thing he did not want to happen was such a wide distribution of his suspicious story.

??And as far as you are the last Jedi who was on had been to the Naboo, I want to talk to you. Won?t you mind meeting at the Grand Opera in the evening? You see, there?s so many much work for today!? he finished confidentially.

As soon as the chancellor disconnected, Qui-Gon heavily sat on the sofa, feeling something strange in the Force. It seemed as a deal he had to do, a kind of mission, had begun. He was almost sure that the talk about situation on the Naboo was just a reason for the meeting. But what was the real chancellor?s goal motivation? Did he know anything about Obi-Wan?s destiny after being sold? If so, it could be not so bad.

More than that, it would be great! For the last five days he had been continuously mauled by his conscience and feeling the call of duty. He fairly (if this word is was applicable to such things) searched Obi-Wan at different slave auctions, he talked to many gangsters in hope they had heard something about an unusual slave; the great Force, was there anything he had not tried yet?! He could not even decide what he was mostly afraid of: the return of Obi-Wan to the Republic, capturing his former padawan by enemies of the Jedi Order, or the only fact of losing him forever. So that Qui-Gon would be extremely glad to hear any news about Obi-Wan.

Suddenly he was filled by some kind of grief and melancholy, but not despair: the feeling was light and bright. He understood that it was time for meditation. He sat on a the special mat in a the small room and closed his eyes. The darkness familiarly turned into light and then started shining with all the colors, shaping in unclear pictures. One of them became sharp and Qui-Gon began to take it as the only possible reality?

After the time had passed, he often remembered that vision, but never told anybody about it.

[hr]
    Everything was prepared with the thoroughness required in such deals. Palpatine did not wear his usual clothes (with that hateful apron!), but a wide cloak of the same colors; his spies told him, Qui-Gon had not liked official suits.
    What would they talk about? Oh, the chancellor had thought about it long time ago! Qui-Gon Jinn was famous for his stubbornness and calmness. However, Palpatine knew people quite well to state: the only possible way to break Qui-Gon?s saving balance w

3. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    Good update! I enjoyed the description of Palpatine wanting to jump on his seat. Interesting twist, update soon please!

Thanks for the pm.

4. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    Icepaw_Kenobi, thanks for your review!

Chapter 10. Doubts

Obi-Wan was sitting on the floor, tightly hugging his knees. It was so? unexpected and confusing. He had been a Jedi, then a slave, and now? Did he really want to become a Dark Jedi? A Sith, possibly? But it was ridiculous, they disappeared long ago. Though he had a strange feeling, not a warning from the Force, of course (he was still wearing Force-inhibiting collar), just a bad presage.

One the one hand, there was the Jedi Temple, his only home, there were his friends?Bant and Garen, the Council. There was his former Master.

He leaned on the wall and closed his eyes. He had been Master Jinn's Padawan for almost thirteen years.

He remembered his days as a Youngling, his first studies, the first training lightsaber with white-blue blade, meditations. Then, he recalled fighting with Brook for being Qui-Gon?s Padawan. His refusal. Bandomeer. Master Jinn accepted him as padawan. The rock from the Master's home planet for his first birthday as a Padawan. He had left it on the board of the Royal sheep, but he was sure he would return it. Their fist missions together as Master and Padawan team. Qui-Gon was quite cold in the beginning, especially after Melida/Daan. Qui-Gon?s former Padawan, Xanatos, became a Dark Jedi and fell from grace. His death. But then everything seemed okay. Qui-Gon finally accepted Obi-Wan. They had a lot of missions; most of them were very dangerous. Qui-Gon always had been caring about his young apprentice, protecting him, sitting in the Healer?s Ward by his side. Obi-Wan did the same. And then their last mission. Why?

It was another ?simple diplomatic? mission as the Jedi Council had informed them. Obi-Wan was fifteen. They were supposed to attend the negotiations on the war-torn planet called Otese. People were about signing peace, but something went wrong. As it always did. The group of terrorists, they called themselves Dark Lai'mi'tus, blew the building up.

Obi-Wan was buried under ruins of the collapsed building. Qui-Gon didn?t give up and had been searching for his apprentice for almost three days, when even the Council believed he was dead. He said ?I can never leave you behind.?

[hr]
    There were tears in his eyes now. Then, he remembered Baal?s words: ?Just imagine your revenge. Your raise. Your victories. Your power.? These words sounded very wrong, but definitely had something in them.

Baal returned to the cockpit and settled the course to the planet called Matan. He had a mansion on that planet and had been heading there after finishing his Master?s task.

The Matan was a small planet, famous for its animals?cho-cho ainter'greilosis They were clever riding animals, with long necks and thick tails. They had short black fur and were very rare on other planets. He had personal stables with some beautiful animals.

[hr]
    Then, Baal remembered the conversation with his Master a day ago.

?Greetings, my young Apprentice.?

?My Master,? he respectfully went on the one knee in front of the blue holographic image of a man in the hood.

?I have some news. They say, Master Qui-Gon had lost his padawan on the Tatooine. Young Kenobi was shot by some street gang. A poor thing!? His Master laughed. ?But this Jinn already has taken another one. He must be in a deep grief now. I?ll talk with him soon. He can be a very powerful ally.?

?Yes, My Master. Do you need me to do something??

?Yes, Darth Maul. Just check it, I have a strange feeling that it is not all the truth. Then? consider it as a little vacation.?

He bowed and turned the image off.

[hr]
    Now, it was even more interesting. Young Kenobi was alive, sitting in the cell of his own ship. He guessed that Qui-Gon had left Kenobi on Tatooine as a slave. He could sense young man?s doubts through the Force.

He smiled.

Former Padawan can be easily turned to the Dark side. And he, Darth Maul, perhaps, could take him as an Apprentice. Together they could change many things. To kill Palpatine, for example. Darth Maul could

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

Maul was sure that young former Jedi would choose the right thing.

Normally, I'd agree. But I'm not sure how devious the author is. [face_laugh]

6. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    Very good update! =D= More soon please!

Thanks for the pm.

7. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    Thanks everybody for reading and reviewing.

Valairy_Scot,
    The genre obliges authors (actually, Darth Corsa stated the plot first) to behave so ;).

8. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    Chapter 11. The Living Force

There is the heart and kindness
    Under the heaviness of the shield.
    Valentin Gaft, ?The Turtle? (meaning translation)

Chancellor Palpatine rarely had dreams. He had had his last one many years ago after his Master?s death. So, there was nothing extraordinary that he did not see it this time. The unusual was that he found himself lying on the floor in his luxurious apartment in rumpled dirty cloak, and without any ideas how could this happen, or what did this mean. First, he remembered he had gone to opera the day before; then he advanced to having some very important deal with Qui-Gon. At last, he nearly remembered, what that deal was about, but at that moment his comlink rang. The great Force, how cruel and ruthless the world was! He had never thought the simple ring could be so grievous for his head.

?Y-yes..?? Palpatine could hardly speak.

?Good morning, buddy!? It seemed that Qui-Gon did not suffer from drinking too much the day before at all; at least, his voice sounded quite cheerful. ?Are you all right? It seems, you are nearly ill. Haven?t you changed your mind yet?? his friend continued.

Palpatine had not been in such situation since the sudden inspection of the district of Naboo he had been heading that time. Nothing could help him to remember what he had intended to do and whether it worth changing his mind about it or not.

?Qui-Gon, buddy? I?m sorry, but you have just woke me up, so that?? he tried to maneuver.

?Oh, don?t worry about the breakfast: the Temple canteen is good enough even for chancellors! Come on, there?s Anakin waiting for us with a speeder.?

The chancellor could not still understand anything. Were they going to visit the Jedi Temple? Had he told Qui-Gon anything the day before, which could give him a reason for suspecting Palpatine in being a Sith, so that it was a trap? There were too many questions for his poor head. He shook off the dirt from his cloak and attempted to heal himself from headache with a sip of wine. It was useless. What he really needed was a portion of that blue liquid.

All the way to the Temple Palpatine kept silent. He was even indifferent to the presence of the Chosen One near him. Oppositely, Qui-Gon was continuously talking about their night party and his, Palpatine?s, behavior, making the chancellor to blush from time to time. This obstructed the latest tries of remembering the reason which had led them to the Dex?s Dinner. He was sure that it was connected with the Force and it also was a way to the solution of a problem Palpatine had been trying to find for ages. One of the main chancellor?s problems was?

?Here the Temple is!? Qui-Gon said blithely.

Anakin landed the speeder and they got off it. Qui-Gon led the party through a long tunnel and then stopped to read the index.

?Ani, haven?t I told you to fly to the canteen first?? he asked his padawan, dissatisfied.

?Sorry, Master!?

?Say it to the chancellor! It?s a pity, my friend,? he addressed to Palpatine. ?But the canteen is at the opposite housing. Don?t you mind visiting the Battle History Room first??

The Chancellor had already understood that it was his chance to talk to the Chosen One, but he definitely needed some time to get all right, so that he agreed by nodding his head without a word. They went to a big hall, separated into small parts by shelves with exhibits, and Jedi relics. Several Jedi Masters with their Padawans and Younglings were walking among the shelves, watching their content. While Qui-Gon was telling the party about the history of the Jedi Order, Palpatine began to restore his state, making some breathing exercises; he avoided using the Force in a place, where everyone could feel his abilities.

At the third of those improvised museum sections, a Bothan Jedi-Master suddenly pounded to Anakin:
    ?Go away from here, Skywalker! Master Jinn, I will complain to the Council! Haven't I told it clearly enough that it is prohibited to visit this room for him?!?

The chancellor decided that the Chosen O

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I think it is weird that Qui-Gon calls Palpatine "buddy" and palpy calls him buddy,
    I really wonder if Qui-Gon has any buddies left after he
    did what he did to Obi-Wan.[face_shame_on_you]

I hope Obi-Wan has some happiness coming his way soon:D

Interesting=D=

10. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    I missed one chapter, but so I had a chance to read two at once.

So Palpatine and Qui-gon are know buddy, I don´t like it. Hopeful Qui-Gon will see what will happend to him

So I think that this time Obi will not turn to the darkside. Hopeful the author read this.

11. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    Gkilkenny,
    one calls our ever-admirable and great Supreme Chancellor ?Palpy? ;). And also, coming his own way, Obi-Wan bears his own responsibility.

littleobiwankenobi,
    The authors certainly read this, moreover, they really enjoy doing that. What about the characters: you trust in Obi-Wan, why do you refuse thinking so about others? Sometimes it is required to pass through something the hero was avoiding before to strengthen his former position. The matter is, how far should he go such way...

Chapter 12. Join Us or Die!

Darth Maul waved his hand and the heavy door of the cell was opened for the second time, with a little help of the Force. He cleared his throat and began a speech which he had prepared long ago: ?You will join us or die!?

Honestly, he supposed that there would be endless hours of tortures, pleas about help or mercy, crying about the Force, the Jedi, the Light Side? or what else those pathetic Jedi could possibly use? And then, he, Darth Maul, would break this boy. Or send the stubborn fool to Master Sidious, perhaps. Or even directly to Master Jinn, but in very small pieces. It would be fun, too. But what was going now?

Kenobi looked at him indifferently, not bothering himself even to stand up.

?Why?? He asked curiously. There was no fear or menace in his voice, just pure curiosity!

"Indeed, why?" for the first time in his life Maul thought. To be a Sith was so naturally to him that he hadn?t ever thought about others? motives.

?I will kill your Master!? He hissed threateningly, thinking about what else could impress a former Jedi. As far as he knew, Master/Apprentice relationship was somehow sacred.

?Former Master,? Kenobi corrected. ?I really want to watch it, if you don?t mind. He owned me a little.? He added thoughtfully.

Now Sith was taken aback. He did not expect such interesting events.

?So, will you join us, I mean, me, or die?? Maul asked dumbly, still confused, preparing to leave the cell.

?Indeed, why not?? Kenobi thought. Would it be such a great difference? Deep in his soul he wanted to be more powerful now. For the revenge.

First, he had been studying hard, he was eager to be someone?s Padawan. For absolutely nothing. The Council wanted him to be a farmer. Then, for incredible Force will Qui-Gon Jinn had accepted him as Padawan. But had he really accepted?

Then, he had tried to impress his Master, to make him proud. For what? It was not a common practice in the Temple to sell the Padawans into slavery and to take the Chosen Ones instead.

Was not it simpler to turn to the Dark Side?

He remembered Qui-Gon?s previous Padawan Xanatos well. But was not it the Master Jinn?s fault?to kill his Padawan?s father in front of him? What would Obi-Wan do, if he was Xanatos?

Confused Maul was going to leave the cell, when he heard a whisper ?Wait.?

?I accept your? offer.? Obi-Wan panted out.

Those words were the most painful words in his life. But it was his own choice. There was neither Council, nor Master this time. Only his decision.

Darth Maul was amazed. So fast? Anyway, it was better to him. He smirked. Was Kenobi really so pathetic, that he could be tempted to the Dark side so easily?

?Come on.? He said, laughing.

?Well, I?m your new Master now! You can call me Maul, Darth Maul.?

He had led young Kenobi to the common room on the ship. Now they were sitting in the cozy armchairs near the luxurious bar.

?Why have you introduced yourself as Baal?? Kenobi asked, cross-legged.

?This is my real name, though I use it very rarely.? Zabrack said reluctantly.

?They seldom called me ?Obi-wan?. Only ?Padawan? or ?Padawan Kenobi?.? He remembered his days in the Temple with slight sadness.

Maul looked at him sympathetically and asked: ?Do you want me to call your name, ah?? Darth Sidious usually used ?Darth Maul?, too.?

?Yes!? Obi-wan said with joy. There was a man, who understood him well. ?Well, and do you really want me as an Apprentice??

?I have been searching a powerful ally for s

12. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    Master! Where is the next chapter about Obi-Wan and Maul? Was mighty Connectiy against it?

13. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    13. They will pay

The month had passed, but they still were staying on the Matan. And still no news from his Master. Darth Maul shrank. Perhaps, this was his only chance; he should make his final decision here and now, as Obi-Wan used to say.

Month ago he had sensed all forbidden for a Jedi emotions in young Kenobi?fear for the unknown future, anger for the little brat, who certainly was Qui-Gon?s Padawan now, and deep hatred for his former Master. Now? all these negative emotions dimmed, practically disappeared. Obi-Wan spent his free time with pleasure, enjoying himself every moment. He did what he wanted: meditated when he thought it was appropriate, sparred with Maul, and conversed with him in the evenings.

Some more time, and this makeshift Sith would return to the Temple himself, begging to forgive him for his off-schedule vacation. This situation required immediate actions?

Maul blinked, remembering his past.

(About ten years ago)

Young sixteen years old Zabrack was standing on the ground, breathing heavily, with still activated lightsaber in his hand. He could not believe what had happened several minutes ago, but it was true and it was over. He heard rustle behind him and sensed Master's presence. Of course, Palpatine wanted to check his apprentice?s work himself.

?Now, you earned the right to be called ?Darth Maul?, my dear apprentice. Forget about your real name, Baal Baster. I see, you?ve done a good job here.? He laughed. ?Come with me, my young apprentice.?

Baal? no, Darth Maul deactivated his double-bladed lightsaber and slowly clipped it to his belt. Then, he turned around and followed his mentor.

He often had bad dreams after this?about a little pleasant village on the peaceful planet Fleno and its dead inhabitants. He had killed all of them?men, women, and even little children. He remembered surprised looks on their faces very well. They had not expected something evil from their guest. Honestly, he had not expected, too. But he had gone too far?he had to kill peaceful people, otherwise his own Master would kill him. He?d desperately wanted to become a Sith. Was it worth all this? Yes, it was.

Then, his Master had made those awful tattoos on his face and body, they made him look more offensive. Then such? things did not case him any bad dreams anymore.

So, what to do with this Kenobi? It would be very negative for his vulnerable psyche to make some reckless action. He activated his comlink and sent some messages to his old crime friends, asking for any news.

(That evening)

They were sitting in the living room and talking.

?Obi-Wan, we should go somewhere, what do you think, ah?? Maul asked, nursing a glass with a blue drink in his hands.

?Why? I really like this planet,? the lad answered, sitting in the cozy armchair, with no intentions of going anywhere.

So, it was time to start the game.

?You know, I saw some very interesting news at holonet last evening. Do you remember the blockade of Naboo??

?Sure.? Obi-Wan winced, remembering last unpleasant events.

?So, you should remember that it was all Neimoidian? fault with this scoundrel, Nute Gunray.?

?Yes,? Kenobi nodded once again. ?As I remember, we?d rescued the Queen and landed the ship on the Tatooine,? he nervously grabbed his glass and continued ?Master Jinn with Amidala and this little brat headed to the Coruscant. Senator Palpatine became a new Chancellor. He was from Naboo, too? Somehow, he persuaded these gangsters to raise the blockade and go far away. No victims.?

?Indeed. They were not punished. Interesting, isn?t it? If there had been no Neimoidian, there would be no blockade, you had not to accept this mission? And then, they escaped!? ?Angrily? finished Maul.

Then, he sensed the anger rising in young Kenobi. He definitely thought in the right way?no Neimoidian, no mission, no Tatooine, no slavery. He possibly could be a Knight right now. Master Yoda had told him that he had had a great potential and would be on the Council someday? Damned

14. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    just caught back up.... This twist is amazing!!!!!:eek:
    Who knew- other than the author- that this was going to happen to poor Obi-Wan!!!

15. littleobiwankenobi

Aug 5, 2009
    [face_worried] I don´t know what should think about it. What was Obi thinking !!

So know he knows who the sith Master is.
    What will he do with this information.

I would say go to yoda, please!!

16. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    Jedi_QueenBee, thanks for reviewing our the story.

This chapter is powered and charged by Ostrogradskiy-Gauss theorem. We hope the latest can be violated in the AU as well as Obi-Wan can behave a little strange, littleobiwankenobi. But hasn?t he gone too far already?

[b]Chapter 14. Castling[/b]

Having loaded the last container with dirty dishes into the ion-cleaner, Shmi tiredly fell on the chair. Serving the canteen of the Jedi Temple was not just a prestigious job, but also was hard work. The most difficult time of the day was supper, when all the Jedi hurried to come to take the last piece of very good and tasty food. Although the life of any Jedi was regulated by the Code and strong discipline including moderation in the pleasures, they spent too much energy in meditation and training during the day to refuse from taking as much food as they wanted. The team in which Shmi worked served only one of many partitions the canteen consisted of. That day was rather ordinary except that one Zabrak Master argued with the team leader about the composition of his course (besides, it was the meat of a rare animal from the planet far-far away) and an unknown restless padawan felt something in the Force and jumped up with a lightsaber, so that three Shmi?s colleagues had to wash a five-meter area. However, this everyday test had been finished successfully and she was able to sit into the comfortable chair and to think in silence.

It was certainly time to consider her plans for the nearest time; many strange things had happened since that remarkable conversation with Qui-Gon and his friend. At first, she did not pay any attention to the latter: most of the Jedi in the Temple were interesting or charismatic creatures, so that she could always easily find a companion for talking. She liked Palpatine?s manner of behavior and assumed that he could become her friend one day; however, his opinion was, perhaps, significantly different, but not the opposite. He started visiting the Temple nearly every day; it was especially unpleasant that he did it at the supper time and his tries to talk to Shmi or to make her paying attention to him were completely ill-timed. He had possibly understood it at last and since that he did not call Shmi off the work, but just stared at her from the opposite corner of the hall. The unusual thing was that no other maid noticed him and once Shmi had even taken a Tatooine amulet, which had to protect her from the Sand Ghosts, but Palpatine was, as it could be expected, rather real person.

What was it possible to do? Of course, there always was a way to complain the Jedi-guards about him and they would watch that he would never come to the Temple again. However, she did not hurry to do so: working at Watto?s shop, she learned well to differ strange from danger and to feel (she could never explain this) whether the customer could try to deceive her or not. Palpatine was not dangerous, although she felt some little anxiety during his presence; at least, as she understood in their conversation, he was a politician, so that he could hardly be a robber or swindler. The latter seemed to be true despite all maids were talking the same words about the totally corrupted government. Well, what may one need from a poor and unknown servant-maid in the capital of the Republic?

Shmi drunk the rest of Felucian tea, put the cup into the cleaner, put the coat on, and left the Temple through the back door. It was much easier to take a taxi-speeder at the neighboring street, so that she decided to move there. A familiar lantern at the corner of the Council Tower was blinking strangely as someone was trying to discharge the fire on wood by blowing on it. She thought that she had seen a real fire on wood only once in her life. However, Shmi could read and knew from books that sitting near it could awake an ancient feeling of being in a tribe like in a big family. Those thoughts affected her strangely: it began to seem that she had not been remembering about something important for a

17. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    Author?s Note: There is only a final chapter left after this one.

Chapter 15. Choices

?Do I really have a choice? No, no, no!?
    Avantasia, The Scarecrow

Qui-Gon looked at his comlink, Palpatine?s comlink, to be exact, but there was silence. He wasn?t hallucinating, was he?

?Ani? Have you heard this? message? Ani?! What?re you doing??

The boy was busy with another Cos? device and he wasn?t listening to his own Master, not to mention about anything else.

?Ah? What? Did you call me? I?ve just understood something about this! Do you want me to tell how it?s working? Isn?t it cute?? He demonstrated Qui-Gon one of those new eavesdropping devices and, not bothering to hear the answer, disappeared in the small room. Jinn looked at his face, burning with obsession, and thought that it was entirely his problem.

Qui-Gon took his comlink and tried to call Palpatine again. But there was silence, too.

Meanwhile, Palpatine was walking with Shmi Skywalker, arm-in-arm, and smiling rather foolishly. If only his politic opponents could see him now? But did it really matter that time? They were heading at the most luxurious restaurant in the downtown of Coruscant. Shmi was wearing her best dress (which was a present from the Supreme Chancellor) and some female Jedi, who were her friends, helped her with make-up and her hair, though she was looking quite plain among local ladies. Anyway, Cos thought that she was very beautiful.

They still had three hours before romantic evening, so Palpatine decided to show Shmi the Opera House. Today they had his favorite performance and the Chancellor's private box was at his disposal as always.

As the couple entered the ancient building, Cos sensed the slight disturbance in the Force, but decided not to spoil such beautiful evening. He raised his strongest mental shields; he was sure that something had happened with his young apprentice, but then he thought and turned off his comlink. Palpatine smirked and started to tell Shmi about his favorite Opera Singers, and, of course, young Twi?lek Uhan.

Qui-Gon stared at his comlink again. Where was Palpatine?

It all was so strange? He had no other options than to search answers in the Force or just to calm down (maybe, he just became paranoid?) and knelt, meditating.

May be, it was a joke? And rather stupid and cruel one, he should add. Of course, the Chancellor had many enemies, somebody (if not everybody) wanted to betray him. It was politics! His best friend could not be a Sith! It?s absurd! Especially, no one had heard about them for ages. They had disappeared long ago. If he told the Council about this, Mace Windu would laugh at him. He remembered well as his dark skinned friend always scared youngling Jinn with stories about the evil Sith.

But what about that mysterious person, wearing the hood? Zabrack said about Master. This word was usually used among Padawans and slaves. He definitely was not a Jedi and so was Palpatine. Was he a slave? Well, Cos had no slaves (not to mention that slavery was illegal in the Republic), besides, Jinn was sure that Zabrack was not one of them. But he mentioned Obi-Wan. Tell your friend? Certainly, it was about Jinn himself. Who knew that Obi-Wan was alive? And angry? Even the Council believed young Kenobi was dead. Deep in his mind, Qui-Gon thought so, too. He had searched among hundreds of slave markets, but there was no one like his Obi-Wan? Seemed, that young man had disappeared. Had he really been killed by somebody who hated the Jedi (it was possible to recognize one of them in Obi-Wan) or slaughtered as a useless slave? Jinn wanted to believe in the way where Kenobi was free and decided to go away, far from the Jedi.

His thoughts returned to his former Apprentice. On the one hand, Qui-Gon was very happy to hear that young man was alive and was planning to visit him. He still cared about the lad: they spent about thirteen years together! Jinn thought about him as a son he had never had. But on the other hand, Qui-Gon had already decided t

18. littleobiwankenobi

Aug 5, 2009
    so only one chapter left.

I wonder who will survice and what the jedi will say that obi is alive and turn to the darkside.

hopeful say will see the true, about the whole story.

=D=

19. dragonobiwan

dragonobiwan Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
    I can't wait... hurry and update please!

20. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
    Chapter 16. In Presage of Thunderstorm

Although the High Cloud restaurant was quite a well-known place, it is necessary to describe it so that not only the top-level politicians and leaders of Galaxy-wide companies could imagine the following.

Located at the flying platform high above the Coruscant surface, it was a symbol of luxury and might: in addition to empyrean prices it also required a massive amount of inspiration to walk into the community of the most powerful creatures in the known Universe. Despite flying among the poisoned clouds of the Coruscant the restaurant offered its visitors first-class atmosphere, generated by high-technological devices, so that they could even enjoy the amazing views standing at the balconies in the open-air. More than that, the built-in climate controllers could set up the required weather in the two mile radius to pleasure the most fantastic wishes of the visitors. And, of course, any creature could find an appropriate meal at any of seven halls of three floors of the restaurant.

It was not surprising that Palpatine could easily access that place. Even if the single act of visit had required elimination of the person who booked the table?was not it a reasonable payment for? a war prevention, as an example? That day he prepared for the date twice. At first time, he had prepared as for big negotiations, but then he understood that it was a wrong way. The rest of the time before he went to the Jedi Temple to meet Shmi Palpatine had spent picking the most interesting of his thoughts and reviving them in memory.

The Chancellor hated driving a speeder, but this time he wanted to keep his deal in secret, so that when Shmi went out of the Temple back door, not a very luxurious, but still modern and elegant vehicle was waiting for her and Palpatine was standing near it with a big bouquet of strange nice scarlet flowers, poorly trying not to attract so much attention. As far as over than 95 percent of the Tatooine surface was desert, Shmi had hardly ever seen flowers and even plants alive, so that she could not mark the rareness of those Uhan flowers. He moved towards Shmi, smiling, and took her hand in his own one elegantly. Despite thinking on what to say in that situation all the day, Shmi did not know how to start the conversation. However, Palpatine, it seemed, had foreseen it and began to tell her about the Opera House they were heading to for spending the time before the evening.

That day they had the Chancellor?s favorite performance. This kind of opera, namely, imaginary blade swing, which was one of the classical combinations of philosophical scenario with abstract performance, always attracted Palpatine as it seemed to be an allegorical expression of the life of the Chancellor and a Sith at the same time for him. He tried to explain this to Shmi, but in the end he was not sure that she realized his words clearly; however, she loved the only view of the performance, so that the Chancellor did not care much about being understood. Only when they had left the building, Palpatine remembered that he had been afraid of opera. ?Somewhere in other life,? he smiled pleasantly in his mind.

The evening came and they flew to the High Cloud restaurant. Shmi had never been to restaurants before and, of course, her habits could hardly be named refined, but it was the place where the elite could feel free and also Palpatine?s respect was great, so that she did not feel any discomfort. Contrary, Palpatine did: all the evening he had been feeling significant disturbance in the Force and at last he switched his comlink off and raised mental shields. And may everything crash and fall he was not going to spoil the date! He threw all the business away from his head and later he could not remember anything from those two hours except pleasure and an exciting feeling of ability to fully rely on someone.

That was the moment when Palpatine was selflessly describing the sunset they were observing, generally sunsets, and those ones he remembered from his life. That was just

21. DarthCorsa

May 7, 2010
    The pleasure and honor are mine, my dear Master.

So...

Here the story ends, but not the characters' lives do so. The Republic is now still against the dangerous criminal, former Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi. To ensure our security... sorry, the wrong speech ? to restore the justice and for some evil purposes we are planning to continue this with another part. There, perhaps, a new character would join present ones. As for this part, thanks both to our friend Baal Baster for kindly providing his nickname (just do not tell him!), and to Master Travkin, the person and starfighter. Now we are returning to epiurs, Matan, and Otese (that is, respectively, drawings, Calculus, and Circuit Theory), where Master Uhanievna reigns with her "cho-cho" integrals and Gauss-Ostrogradsky theorem.

In a separate paragraph, we say thank you for your reviews, which really help writing very much. Chronologically, it was our first serious fic and we are proud of it). If you want to follow the story, please, tell and we can send you a PM, when we will post its sequel. By the way, we are going to find a beta-reader to stop our mockeries of the English language.

P.S.:Also I have some alternative ends to this story and wants to post them here.:)

P.P.S No Qui-Gon was harmed during the writing of this story. Just Obi-Wan :)

[image=http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1707/81736491.jpg]

\'Ghostwriter'\

22. DarthManul

May 7, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.