main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Left hand.. right hand... what hand is the right hand? (vader)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by synasp, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synasp

synasp Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Okay, is Hayden left handed?... because he carries his lightsaber in a left handed grip.... I only noticed because I got his lightsaber, and it's very awkward in a righthand grip.... that, or the lightsaber replica mold was reversed...

...so, does anyone know if Vader held his lightsaber with the left or right hand?... he fought luke the first time with only his right hand...... but that doesn't make sense if he's left handed.. unless he was totally messing with Luke...... hmm..... I suppose I could just research, but I enjoy a community discussion.... :D

2. synasp

synasp Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    alright, well I'm watching ANH, and I think he really is left-handed... except then he keeps switching to right-handed stance...... is this some sort of camera fluke?...

3. Soulraven

Soulraven Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    Not exactly sure. I have noticed that all the Jedi carry thier lightsaber on the left side and do a cross-body action when drawing it. Also, I remember thinking once that all stormtroopers carried their blasters on the left side as well, but I don't have ANH in front of me, and the wife would kill me if I started it up this late. I'll look tomorrow.

4. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Well, I don't know about Vader or any other Jedi, but I do know that Inigo Montoya and the Dread Pirate Roberts are both right-handed.
    :)

5. Soulraven

Feb 4, 2002
    Roberts has been living quite comfortably for several years in Patagonia, I don't think that we have a clear opinion on his "handed-ness".

Oh, and you brought it up: have you seen "Brains and Steel", the fan film that re-enacts the sword fight from "Princess Bride" with lightsabers? Funny stuff.

6. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    I have not seen "Brains and Steel". Sounds very amusing. :D

Where can one see it?

7. Soulraven

Feb 4, 2002
    You can download it from the "Fan Films" section here on TFN. Also good is "Duality" and "Bounty Trail".

"Bounty Trail" is interesting in that it got it's creator, Justin Dix, a job at Lucasfilms. I can think of 3 specific scenes in "Bounty Trail" that made it into AOTC. Who says making a fan film doesn't pay off?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.