main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Left out of the Trilogy

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by undies78, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undies78

undies78 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    Hey all!

I was just noticing a few things that I thought would be included in Revenge of the Sith that were not, that left some questions unanswered. I was wondering if any of you felt the same way or had any thoughts (or maybe some insights after reading books?) as to why they were left out. Or maybe I just missed something?!

1) Yoda and Chewie (and Tarffur or something) met up and help Yoda escape the Clone Troopers (even though Yoda handled his BUSINESS there) and get off the planet in that escape pod. We see Chewie for a very brief time, and the next thing we know- he is BEST BUDDIES with Han in A New Hope. Was there a hint to how Han and Chewie hook up that I missed in ROTS?

2) If Qui-Gon had actually learned the 'life after death' trick or whatever, why do we not see him as a ghost later on at the end of ROTJ? When Obi-Wan died, he disappeared completely (empty cloak). Qui-Gon died, and he just collapsed with a hole burning in his chest. Obi-Wan comes back as a ghost later on, along with Yoda and Anakin, and Qui-Gon doesn't, even though he invented the trick in the Prequels. Why is this? Was he just not as powerful with the force as Yoda, Anakin or Obi-wan? If not, then why was he the first one to discover this 'life after death' trick?

Any insights you guys migth have would be great. Thanks in advance! Can't wait to see this discussion!

Strilo edit: Please use the ROTS forum.

2. am-pm

am-pm Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    Regarding your second point, I simply think Qui-Gon didn't come back as a "force ghost" because Luke never knew him. I think he could have "shown up" if he wanted to, but what would be the point. Luke would be going.."that's Ben, Yoda, that must be my father...or is that my father? Who IS that guy?" LOL.

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    We don't see Qui-Gon's ghost in RotJ because, simply put, it would confuse Luke. Luke, of course, never knew Qui-Gon, who died 13+ years before he was born, so seeing him there would be rather odd and confusing to him.

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Probably should be in this thread in ROTS, but I'll answer anyway.

1) There was a twenty year period in between the films, which is plenty of time to meet someone else and so forth. The EU explanation is that the Empire enslaved the Wookiees afte ROTS (this is implied in the film when the troopers are scouting the area and marching off Tion Meddon and his assistant on Utapau). Han then saves Chewie from the Empire and Chewie owes him a life debt.

2) Qui-Gon didn't disappear when he died so he may not have been able to keep his body. Plus Luke would have no idea who it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.