main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LEGACY #0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Michael

Darth_Michael Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2002
    Interesting.

Fel dynasty: It is obvious that Jagged Fel (or one of his male relatives or sons) must have started it. Followed by one of his (grand-) sons and then his (great-) grandson Roan. Considering that Jagged is the most prominent figure of the Fel clan after his father, well, it will be him. It could be possible that the force blood came into the family later on, but I doubt it. Primarily, because a lowly Jedi can hardly come into close enough contact with an Emperor to produce a legitimate heir. (The hapan story being the exception to the rule.) Theirfore, the Force blood must have been brought into the mix before the Fels came into imperial power. And that leaves only Jaina. Jagged wouldn't go for another Jedi after al the trouble with Jaina. Also marrying the legitimate grand-daughter of the almost legitimate heir to the first imperial throne - which in turn can trace itself back to both the ancient Sith empire as well the the Republic - now you can't buy ligitimacy like that :D

Darth Krayt: Logic dictates Jacen Solo, the blue eye is an implant. Affinity to Vong biotics, supposedly affinity to the Sith, dating back to the days of LotF.

Skywlkers: Ben, quite likely. Either that, or Luke got around more than Mara would approve of. And I somehow don't see Luke running around with Mara's lightsabre sticking in some private areas of his body.

I do, however, wonder what will become of Hapes and Alana's heritage. Especially interesting considering Darth Krayt's relations with the imperial house on Hapes.

EDIT: By the way, why is there page count hopping around like mad in the big threads. For instance: this thread's page count just shrank from 45 to 27 pages. And I bet it will return back to normal in a couple of hours.

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

The Others of Martin's realm have blues eyes. Do I need to Duursema the picture?

3. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    When you're not logged in the default settings for the board is 15 posts per page, which would make it 45. When you are logged in it automatically goes to whatever settings you've set up (25 posts per page, 50 or whatever) and that will change the number of pages in every thread.

4. Darth_Michael

Darth_Michael Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2002
    Ah, thanks. Now that explains a lot ;)

5. Darth_Krayt

Darth_Krayt Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2006
    This is from the Darkhorse boards!

http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=129747&sid=ae6207cbd79be4d545ed9de843f7df76#129747

So he isn't Jacen.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Doesn't have to be. It's from Krayt's holocron, and all it says is that he witnessed the war and how the Vong were allowed to live on Sekot.

Obi-wan said Darth Vader betrayed and murdered Luke's father. And Darth Krayt is a SITH Lord.

I'm sure they'll try and make Jacen seem very unlikely, especially in the comics not written yet that will be released, with so many people already guessing it's Jacen.

7. Darth_Krayt

Jun 17, 2006
    Yeah, i guess you're right, but i think what Obi 1 said is a way of interpretation, The dark side betrayed anakin(he couldn't save his wife) and murdered him(At the newest edition of the Star Wars DVD's you can see when darth vader is burned, hayden christenen instead of the original actor(forgot his name, sorry)George Lucas' explanation was that Anakin died, when the dark side controled his body, so in movie, 4, 5, 6, there is no anakin, just Darth Vader) So Obi 1 was right, but not literaly.
    Or the people who are writing this fantastic new comic, wants to make us believe it is jacen!
    Or they know, that we know that they are trying to make us believe it is jacen, so we think it ain't jacen! But in the end it is jacen!
    sorry about the difficult language and my english flaws, i'm belgian and i'm trying to speak proper english!

8. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    Jacen never "knew the Jedi of old" though. Unless there was yet another destruction/dissolution of the Jedi in between "LotF" and "Legacy" there really wouldn't be any point in saying that if the current/recently nigh-eradicated Jedi order was the same Order Luke Skywalker re-established.

Yeah, yeah, we can argue semantics day in and day out, but for my .02 cents' "knowing the Jedi of old" seems like a clear reference back to the Old Republic Jedi. In which case Jacen is ruled out.

Also, most of the time the Sith don't outright lie, particularly when they're not talking to someone they're deliberately trying to deceive. It's far more effective/convenient to simply twist the truth to suit their purposes.

Finally, Occam's Razor (again)...it's best not to read too much into "how much he's saying is precisely accurate" and "how much may be misdirection/lies". From a reader's perspective, until given reason otherwise, it's best to take what he says in narration at face value. With of course the exception of statements that are clearly influenced by boundless arrogance and lack of foresight.

9. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Yeah, yeah, we can argue semantics day in and day out, but for my .02 cents' "knowing the Jedi of old" seems like a clear reference back to the Old Republic Jedi. In which case Jacen is ruled out.

I think that Darth Krayt says "I know the Jedi from old", which does not give the impression that it would have to be the Old Republic Jedi. He just means that he knows the Jedi from past experience, whether it is the New Jedi Order, the Old Republic Order prior to the Clone Wars or perhaps he speaks of knowledge acquired even in the more distant past.

10. garasaerin

garasaerin Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm thinking Darth Krayt may be Ben Skywalker, insofar as he was born into a galaxy torn asunder by warfare and ravaged by the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong. Krayt to Cade: "No, I am your great-grandfather."

11. Darth_Krayt

Jun 17, 2006
    I think Krayt is Ben Skywalker! Those Imperial Knights look way too wicked!

12. Gunray

Gunray Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2006
    In my opinion, the legacy series is tot. The best era for expanded universe material is the dark times era. It had the best and by all means most interesting character, vader. The era where the remaining Jedi were on the run from the forces of the dreaded empire. That, my friends, is where it's at.

13. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    That period of time is for GL for the time being, since he is making a TV series. I love Legacy!

14. Darth_Angle

Darth_Angle Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2006
    Agreed knowing the Jedi from old could mean from the YV war onwards. Which doesn't preclude Jacen.

15. Darth_Krayt

Jun 17, 2006
    Is it possible Darth Krayt is a true sith, this is what i got from wookiepedia

Lord Krayt is ancient, and isn't tens of thousands of years ancient?

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Don't forget: This a hundred fricken years in the future, the current generation would be "of old" then.

17. Funky_Admiral_Piett

Funky_Admiral_Piett Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2006
    Jacen knew Vergere. She's a "Jedi of old." Chew on that for awhile...

18. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Umm... I think that everyone's misreading this... [face_blush]

I suspect that "I knew the Jedi of old" means "I knew the Jedi from past experience", rather than "I knew the old, pre-Empire Jedi Order"...

Could be wrong, though! :p :D

- The Imperial Ewok

19. Cade-Skywalker

Cade-Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2006
    I just bought Legacy #0 and I must say it is an excellent about Darth Krayt I must say that I believe that he really is Jacen. I think the character of Cade will be the best one Star Wars has seen yet.

20. Darth_Krayt

Jun 17, 2006
    I red that Krayt is dying, i think it's because of his armor, i red that the Voduun Crab Armor is lethal to non-Yuuzhan Vong! I hope they find a cure!

21. Cade-Skywalker

Cade-Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2006
    I read that too that Krayt is dying but he still has somewhat of a dacade left in him, so he has time to find a cure well that is if Cade doesn't accept his legacy and kills him.

22. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    *once more pops his head in*

Good stuff. I like what they've done with this, and they left me wanting a lot more detail... a sourcebook's worth, actually. :p I'm looking forward to issue #1, and the series as a whole.

*vanishes into the void*

- Keralys

23. Sith_Chiss_Hit_List

Sith_Chiss_Hit_List Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2006
    Finally got my copy today thought it was great. Although I've got a few more comments now.

Jariah Syn - I'm interested why he loaths the Jedi and what his reaction will be when he finds out Cade is a Jedi.

Vong Tech - Thud and razor bugs are illegal weapons, I assume this would include Krayt's Vonduun armour and other tech like Dovin Basals. Is Sekot letting the Vong break what would seem to be one of the terms of their surrender, and if so why?
    Or are the illegal arms being produced on another Vongformed world.

Chak - The Wookie is a character that bridges 4 major events in the Star Wars Galaxy (Clone Wars,Rebellion,NJO and Legacy eras). This alone could make him an interesting character with his veiw of the Legacy galaxy in relation to the other 3 eras.

Nihl's weapon - As well as Krayt's armour this Lightsaber looks quit organic. Is growing a Lightsaber possible?

Captain Gunn "Gunner" Yage - Starbuck anyone.

Pellaeon Class Star Destroyer - Loved them nice update for classic ships. Not so kean on the Predators though.

Imperial Knights - What is there to say Awesome.:D Before I saw Episode 4 (many years ago) and someone mentioned Jedi Knight with laser swords this is the kind of thing I imagined.

All in all I thought this was a great way to introduce a series. I'm not really a comic buyer but this one I will. If you hadn't guessed I'm very excited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.