main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LEGACY #0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Where did it say that?

2. Gnostic_Daishi

Gnostic_Daishi Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2006
    Perhaps it is becuase I've been looking to the post "big three" era for some time, but I was hoping that the Skywalkers wouldn't 1: Be down to a single person and 2: While not controlling the jedi order, would prove to be influential jedi.

Instead what I'm finding is a descendent of Luke Skywalker as a pirate, and a jedi order that is on the brink of extinction yet again. I'm really hoping Cade returns to his jedi roots...

3. InquisitorBetts

InquisitorBetts Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    No, I?m pretty sure the twist in the story is he fails to reclaim his legacy, fails to save the galaxy, gives up, becomes a pirate again and dies of a drug overdose...

You know I'd probably read that story too. Damn you Lucas for sucking me into the dratted galaxy of yours! Damn you to Aesh-EE-double-Hockey-sticks!

4. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    I think this will be a very cool story.

And I can't figure out what people are getting upset about. The concept of skipping generations and telling stories from hundreds of years in the future is not a foreign concept in Science Fiction and Fantasy series (novels and other media.

The Dune novels travel hundreds of years into the future of the initial novel's protagonist.

The only way I would be dissappointed with Legacy is if the storytelling doesn't deliver. I wasn't too impressed with Clone Wars, but I hold out hope for legacy.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    The OS hasn't updated their Sith article. It still says that they've been destroyed "once and for all."

6. dakinJmacwalker

dakinJmacwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    I hope he has Anakins saber still. Its the family saber I feel. And before we get like a million posts saying who cares about the stupid Lightsaber, well it started with Anakin and changed hands through the Skywalker family but most of all its mystic came from ANH when Ben Kenobi handed over the saber to Luke and told him it once belonged to his father and now it belongs to him and that was the first changing of the guard for the Skywalkers for that saber. I just think it would be cool to see 100 years later that this saber is still being passed through the Skywalker bloodline and it would be a cool reminder to Cade you may be able to escape being a jedi, but you can never stop being a Skywalker.

7. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    DH.com now has this scheduled for June 7, with #1 for June 21.

8. Sand_Hill

Sand_Hill Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    it has its text up now.

here

9. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/13/13514.jpg]

10. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Koovy! I don't mind the CG image as displayed on the cover - though the full version seemed a little too fake. Lookin' good.

11. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Does John, Jan, Randy, or anyone at DH know if we are going to get a preview or if we will just have to wait and buy it?

-The Rebel Gungan

12. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Another SW/Dark Horse two-fer -- twice in one month again, eh?

13. Master_Veila

Master_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2006
    I am unsure but I think I remember reading in Insider that Cade will start the series as a bounty hunter. Also the fact that a lot of fans aren't going to like what he does in the beginning of the series supports that.

14. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    It's on the confirmed list for this Wednesday. :)

15. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    I want to have a preview otherwise I won't buy it[face_talk_hand]
    I don't understand why they don't give us a preview, if they're all so proud of it then why are they so afraid showing us something. I think that THEY think that a preview of the first pages would scare people off.

16. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Maybe a preview would spoil some surprises?

17. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    Yeah maybe, I just wanna see some inside art you know. Just get a feel for how it looks

18. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>I want to have a preview otherwise I won't buy it <<<

What, and waste 25 cents? :p

19. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    0 should be out this week. I've received an advance copy so I know it's been printed. I don't think a preview is going up for 0. And, no, it's not because we're ashamed/worried/et al. Keeping the surprises fresh is a good reason. I don't think anyone is running too much of a risk in picking it up when it only costs a quarter (U.S.).

-- John

20. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Exactly. This is our preview for the entire series, in a convienent $0.25 package.

21. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Well....there was a 5 or 6 page preview of just the art, without color or words, somewhere.....

22. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Those pictures were probably from Legacy #1...

23. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Yes well, a preview is a preview.....

If anyone is really interested you could ask for them in the EU Pictures Thread and I would gladly upload and post them :D

24. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I think asking for a preview of a 25c comic is quite possibly the most tight-fisted thing I can imagine :)

25. Mike-Sunrider

Mike-Sunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2003
    I really want to collect these comics, but at the same time im frightened :p. I hopeI can find it at my bookstore next Tuesday...Its out the sixth right?

I don't really like the character's design, or the Sith names. (Nothing technically wrong with the designs, just not my taste) Well, I guess I just have to pick it up and move from there.

Sorry to ask this question in this Topic. But are the Knights of the Old Republic Comics any good?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.