main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX LEGACY!! 12:01 AM TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Mithrandir, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 1999
    All you whiney babies who jumped the gun and bought tickets at AMC for no other reason then to have tickets because you were scared....well...don't you know that a Jedi must have patience?!!!

Well here you go!!! Midnight tickets for E2 are on sale NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought mine at cinemark.com. I got a call from the boys at CELEBRATION 2 who were up this morning in their hotel rooms scooping up tickets for the midnight showing. So forget waiting in line for tickets we all have ours! I know KRWADE bought 4, Kevin (SithDaddy) bought 4, and Stone and DarthChocolate bought 20 each!!! So buy your damn tickets now!!!

BUY LEGACY MAY 16 EPISODE II TICKETS HERE

Message from Cinemark
    =====

Your PRINT-AT-HOME Confirmation Number is: XXXXXXXXXXXX

You purchased 1 tickets for the 12:01 AM showing of STAR WARS: EPISODE II - ATTACK OF THE CLONES on Thursday, May 16, 2002 at Cinemark Legacy, located at 7201 N. Central Expressway in Plano for a total of $7.50.

======

2. RB-wan

RB-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2000
    AAARRRGGHHH!!

Dudes, I was SO tapped out and didn't hear a word til this morning. Please please please get the word out to whoever bought a BUNCH of tickets: I will buy a pair from them!

I was at the TPM midnight showing with the gang, and there is NO other way to see SW than with a full house of hardcore fans.

Someone pass it on--

Bri

3. censor23

censor23 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    But it's still not the DLP, which is the only reason to see the movie at legacy... I'm keeping my 12:01 tickets at AMC Grand until cinemark starts selling 12:01 tickets at the DLP.

4. robertwolf

robertwolf Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Actually, I spoke with the management re: this issue. According to the person I spoke with, there would be only one 12:01 AM showing at this theater, rather than having 12:01 showings for all 3 or 4 prints of the movie.
    Although they're one of only a handful of DLP-equipped theaters, they're still not 100% sure that they'll have a DLP print for the film (which I know to be putting their own spin on it, since they had one for the press screening, and one for the charity premier).
    Thus, if this theater is going to have a DLP showing, it will be this 12:01 AM showing. Thus, if I were you, I'd go ahead and buy tickets, or else there is a strong likelihood you won't be seeing this thing on DLP at Cinemark Legacy. Of course, I was told on Friday that tickets wouldn't go on sale until Monday, so I've been quite disappointed with overall customer service, but this person seemed to know what he was talking about at the theater.

5. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Woop! Thanks for the heads up Mithrandir.

6. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Got mine!

7. _Red-5_

_Red-5_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    Well, I am one of the whiny babies you were talking about so thanks for this post. I got tickets to the 12:01 at Legacy also.

So now you are saying that the midnight at Legacy might not be DLP!??!?!

You are right about the customer service. Everytime I talked to them they said they had no idea. That was just yesterday and now they are on sale?

Something isn't right. 3 years ago it was a HUGE announcement when they went on sale and this year different chains had different release dates? Very strange.

8. censor23

censor23 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    I'm tired of legacy giving me the run around. I'm just going to be happy seeing my movie at the grand at 12:01 and seeing the DLP later... Of course I reserve the right to change my mind if they do start selling tickets for the DLP at 12:01 at a later date.

9. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    They really are annoying (Legacy).
    When I bought my 12:01 tix they basically said there was no guarantee but that the midnight showing should be dlp.

10. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 1999
    Just talked to the LEGACY. They said that more than likely E2 will be in DLP in theater 13, which is what my online ticket says: "SW:II 13". They said that just in case 13 will not be the one they use for DLP that I can -- a week before the film -- go to the box office, verify again, and if it's not on 13 I can switch my ticket for whatever theater will be using the DLP projector.

So, uh....enjoy slummin' at the GRAND this club is going to DLP'it all the way, baby!!

11. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Hrm... my online ticket printout doesn't have a theater number; I checked with someone else, mine just has a blank bracket where their number is. ?[face_plain]

12. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    LOL Eric!!

I got mine too, I may have one extra, if my friend backs out.

Also, it was theater 13 (DLP)that they were showing the Managers/press screening, and that's the # that is on my ticket too!

Thanks for the heads up E!!!

:cool:

13. _Red-5_

_Red-5_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    Mine says 13. :)

14. TecnoCrat

TecnoCrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2001
    I decided to skip the 1201 showing, (work till 10, the line would be horrendous) but did grab 4 to the 730 showing, in Theatre 13. Anyone else going to this showing? I camped at the TPM line and was right there, and was looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.

15. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    My tickets say House 13...
    DLP, in the house (at least it better be)!!!
    I didn't do the midnight showing last time (work) so I'm really looking forward to this.

16. _Red-5_

_Red-5_ Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    Nothing but the midnight for me.

Well, I will see it more than once I'm sure, but I saw the midnight at the Mann's in Hollywood (you will see me wearing the black t-shirt) for TPM and there was nothing like that.

17. nf0

nf0 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up , got mine and the wifes!

18. Epyon22

Epyon22 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Got mine, I realy hope that Episode 3 is done better that this.

19. Talk2Bill

Talk2Bill Jedi Master

Mar 26, 2002
    I got mine on line for the 7:30 show screen 13(and i was assured that if they have DLP that the 7:30 will be where it will be shown) I am not going to the 12:01 show, the theater is an hour away and my pregnant wife is not game to stay up until am to see it. Besides we both need our work leave days for when the baby comes. anyway if anyone else is seeing it at 7:30 maybe we can meet up before.... email if interested

talk2bill@aol.com
    talk2bill@ev1.mail.com

20. Firehawk-Jeff

Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    My tickets say theater 13 as well. I'm so psyched!!

21. FlamingoKing

FlamingoKing Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    Just purchased 5 online for the 7:30 (13!) at Legacy as well. NOt sold out yet!

EDIT UPDATE: From a friend who goes there all the time:

FYI- since I have the inside track as a movie geek, the DLP is the film and projection, the movie screen can be any one of them.... 13(at Legacy) is HUGE and they show DLP there lots. They can show two DLP at one time I do believe. They can also show the film in any arena, they can move the projector...the other one I ahve seen DLP in is 7 I think.

Now can i prove this no, but I was told this from a pretty reliable sorce-FYI

22. f1ct10n

f1ct10n Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    I just got back from Cinemark Legacy about 5 mins ago. Episode 2 will be playing in DLP, in theater 13 (the huge ass one on the right as soon as you walk in the lobby. Last week they did not know how many prints they were getting in, and of those prints they got, how many would be DLP. But now they do.

They told me that the know for sure that the 12:01 showing, in theater 13, will be DLP.

For those that want to go to the midnight showing, but dont mind seeing it in a non-DLP theater, they hinted that there may be additional midnight showing at Legacy, but they will not be DLP.

If anyone lives close to the theater, and didnt get tickets to the midnight showing, send me a private message, I know how you can get tickets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.