main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #26: The Hidden Temple, part 2 (of 2)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I see it the other way, Blue is his pilot... that's enough to keep her around. Methinks Jariah gets his arse handed to him by Rasi Tuum... if not, he'll just get disarmed and lectured about his feelings.

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Nat Skywalker is shooting up the list of my favorite characters. Unfortunately I think he's slated for an early death. I have the feeling that the Jariah/Rasi Tuum confrontation will end up with another character dying, either Nat or Deliah.

3. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Well, maybe. But Legacy's not too big on character deaths (backstory doesn't count)

4. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    is it just me or do the jedi seem like cowards who refuse to protect the galaxy?

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So far, anyways. I was getting death vibes during Nat's message to Droo last issue, and this preview is now doing the same for Deliah.

6. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    And that's why some characters are probably going to bite it soon. The cast needs a bit of a prune, especially now that a whole load of new Jedi are most likely going to be introduced. I don't think Nat'll snuff it, he's too new. I can see some characters dying in Vector and a whole load when/if this assassination attempt happens. That long haired IK I can see dying, as well as K'Kruhk and/or whatsherface that's the tree. Some of the Sith will go too. Talon and Maladi aren't long for this world I don't think. I can see Nihl trying to become the leader of the One Sith as well (wasn't he a Nagai warlord or something? Can't see why he would rather be a servant than the Master).

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Cade might try to stop Jariah from killing Rasi Tuum, if Jariah even manages to get that far against a Jedi. Then again, he already knocked out one Jedi in the last issue, so maybe he will be able to kill Rasi Tuum. And Cade's not proposing to assasinate Krayt for the greater good, for the galaxy, or even to get revenge for his father. No, Cade wants to kill Krayt so that he can the Sith off his back. With Krayt dead, the Sith will probably have more important things to worry about then Cade Skywalker, like who gets the throne, so then Cade will finally be able to just skulk off to some corner and wait until everybody forgets his face.

And it does seem like a character might die soon. Though I'd hope Legacy wouldn't start killing that many characters, even with how huge the cast is, though a huge cast is understandable as they're setting up a brand new era and all that. I'm also kind of curious if anyone would be important enough that Cade would use his healing lightning trick to save them, like Uncle Nat might still be important enough to Cade to save him. Maybe.

And in terms of roles... Deliah serves as the Mynock's mechanic, so if they want to keep the ship running through all the damage its likely to take (being chased by pirates, bounty hunters, Sith, Imperial, etc.), she might be important. On the other hand, Cade knows the ship well enough to just fly it on his own too. And Bantha's a pretty good mechanic too. Although having two mechanics there kinda adds to the "Nat's going to die" thing. Though as Bantha said last issue, if Cade wants to disappear, to really, really disappear, he has to cut all ties to his known identity, maybe change his looks, but at the very least, get rid of his custom ship and his easily identifiable crew of two humans and a Zeltron. Although I have my oawn theories that with Deliah acting as a stablelizing influence on Cade, if they're going to have Cade get worse, they've got to get rid of her too eventually. But that depends on whether Cade goes up or down from here too.

And no, the Jedi don't seem like cowards to me. Even if they went back out there, at best they'd get slaughtered. Right now, they're just doing their best to rebuild their numbers to stop the Sith, but considering the odds, its going to take a lot of preparation.

8. Battlehymn_Republic

Battlehymn_Republic Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    The preview is awesome, in contrast to the cover (which looks like furries overload). I'm glad that they put effort into showing multiple sides of the issue, instead of portraying the Jedi Council as simply overcautious and stodgy and shortsighted.

9. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I think the Jedi's problem is that Tra' Saa is still living in the clone wars and how things worked then, and I think that they also feel spurned by thr galaxy. The Sith are always moving forward while the Jedi seem to be playing catch up constantly.

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I think what the council needs is ghost Luke and Kol showing up and telling them what to do. :p

Or perhaps T'ra needs ghost Yoda.;)

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't think so. Too much of him is still a mystery. Why did he leave the order? How did he meet Droo? Where did the other kids he adopt come from? How did Cade find him?

12. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Is that a Techno Union Hardcell Class Interstellar Transport on the first page of the preview?

13. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    On Diamond's list for July 23rd.[face_peace]

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That's the tentative/expected list....Patience, young one.

15. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Here's hoping Legacy #26 does come out next week. Still no sign of the next KotOR though, unfortunately.

16. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Semantics:mad: :p

I'm a little disappointed not to see KotOR as well.

17. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I looking foreward to seeing how thw situation with syn and his hatred for a certain jedi plays out.

18. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    Can someone post a link to Diamond's shipping list. Either I'm an idiot or they've changed their main page and I can't find the link.

Thanks.

19. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Diamond's page seems to change every other week these days. Here's the link for next week's shipping list. You can just use the links on the left side to look at this week's list if need be.

http://previews.diamondcomics.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=6&s=449&ai=0

And Syn's... solution to the situation will probably revolve around the word "boom". Personally, I'm hoping we get to see more Council members. Unless Nat counts as an unofficial one. Oh well, at least its still a Council.

20. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    Isn't Cade missing some tattoos in the preview? Those things must be a pain to draw constantly and consistently. Maybe he can use his healing ability to cleanse them away when he becomes a full Jedi.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Nope, not semantics, fact! We get the confirmed list in a couple of days or so.

As for KOTOR, remember that July is a 5-week shipping month, therefore it should make 30 July list... with luck.

22. Adam_Bosman

Adam_Bosman Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2007
    You're not crazy. Same thing happened to me. I just started clicking around and found it...in 'previews' I think.

23. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yep, the difference is:

Tentative/Expected: Issues that are expected to be out in week xx/xx.

Confirmed: Issues that will be out in week xx/xx.

It's not unheard of for an issue on the tentative list to not make the confirmed list for whatever reason - although the bulk of it appears to be printing related.

25. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Nope, they're all there. The one on the back of his left hand is hidden by the angle of his arm. :-B

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.