main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #26: The Hidden Temple, part 2 (of 2)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    Hmmm...Guess I'll have to go back and compare or something. He needs to at least lose his Sith tattoos at some point.

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Personally, I hope he doesn't. Having a Jedi with Sith tattoos would be vastly more interesting than having him get rid of them. If Cade ever does come around, I'd think he'd rather keep them as a reminder of what he almost became than try to hide his past, anyway.

3. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    what sith tatoo? where is it?

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    He did, sorta. Issue 25 shows Deliah inking over the Sith tattoo on his right arm and it's a different design when they get to the Jedi Temple. (Not sure about the one on his left hand. I don't have the books with me and I can't remember if we've seen him without gloves since then.)

I'd agree, but I think it's also very much in character for him to have altered the Sith tat, making it his own design, in keeping with his determination not to be Krayt's pawn.

5. mxcp204

mxcp204 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    so we have, nat skywalker and kol skywalker. do you think there will be a king skywalker?

6. YVH

YVH Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2007
    I believe Nat King Kol was brought up in the thread for Legacy 24.

The response, IIRC, was "What about Nat Cade Kol?"

7. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Confirmed for the 23rd by Midtown Comics[face_peace]

8. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Out tomorrow

9. JaySkywalker01

Oct 25, 2005
    It may be out tomorrow, but I have it NOW! Here's what happens....

We've all seen the preview by now. It takes up the first few pages.

A thud bug flies into the back of Rasi Tuum. BAM! Syn fires his blaster and shouts:

"Now Jedi, you will die..."

Tuum cartwheels out of the way of the blast and force pulls the blaster away from syn, into his own hand. "No I will not" he replies. Syn says, "I figured you'd do that."

Syn releases three thud bugs this time and shouts, "Gonna die anyway!"

Tuum attempts to block the bugs with his lightsaber (there appear to be four of them now, I guess they multiply in the air)

Tuum says, "You are one of those who came with the Skywalkers (I guess Bantha's former identity is known by many if not all of the Jedi) Why are you attacking me?"

Syn shouts back, "You murdered my Da! You don't need to know anything else!"

Syn pulls a knife which Tuum force pushes away. Tuum then pushes syn up against the wall and starts trying to talk to him. Syn tells him his name and repeats that he killed his father. Tuum does not remember him or his father, but tells him there was never a time when he killed without another choice.

"Why should you?! You're a high and might Jedi! But I Know you killed my father, I was there- I saw you!" Syn yells as a flashback begins to a young Jariah Syn flying on a ship piloted by a droid. He was waiting aboard while Rav and his da- Zareb Syn- were trading on the mining world of Roon for gems. A roonstone miner looked likely to trade with them, but something went wrong...blaster shots are fired.

Young syn snuck out of the ship to see his Da and Rav fighting Rasi Tuum, the Jedi. They are surrounded by white skin beings that seem to resemble Jarael, and Rav has his arms around one of the females.

The two pirates are heading up the ramp to their ship, white-skinned girl in tow, while Tuum approaches them . Tuum swipes his lightsaber at Rav and takes his leg off, hence the peg-leg in the future. Rav boards the ship on one leg while Syn the Elder stays and fights Tuum. Rav orders they take off while young Syn attempts to reach his father. Tuum makes quick work of the elder Syn as young Syn leaps off the ship, right at the feet of an enraged looking Tuum. Before Tuum can do anything, he gets hit in the chest with a blaster shot (A sure-way NOT to kill this Jedi apparently) and the ship manages to take off as Rav tells Jariah that he will take care of him from now on.

Rav tells the girl and Syn that they are lucky they got away, since Jedi take children from their homes to go to their temple. Apparently, that was what Tuum was there for- kidnapping. It was a lucky thing that the noble pirates were there to stop the Jedi from kidnapping.

Back in the present, Tuum tells Syn that he remembers the incident vividly. He was on Roon when he felt a disturbance in the force. Something harsh and deadly came upon him and he saw Rav and Syn despoiling the gem miners camp.

Syn refuses to believe him but Tuum tells him to "search his feelings for the truth". He knew Rav and he knew what his father was really like- deep down.

Tuum then remarks that he sometimes wondered what happened to the young roon girl he was unable to save; he hoped she was alright. Syn recalls the girl being sold off to another pirate and responds, "No...she's not."

Meanwhile in the temple, Sia Fel and Azlyn Rae are talking about her conflicted feelings and her life commitment to the order . She assures Sia that she has no intention of breaking her word, but asks if any Imperial Knight had ever walked away.

Sia replies, "Only one. His oaths were also for life and his life proved short. One way or another, his oaths were honored. You'd do well to think on that, Master Rae."

(This will close the door on any future stories on former IKs I suppose...no "Lost Twenty" for this order. Maybe the first one to try to leave was Zekk! I have a feeling this will be elaborated on later.)

Meanwhile, Shado drives

10. NewStaryknight

NewStaryknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2007
    ^^[face_sick][face_sick][face_sick]Eeecchh! Thanks for posting that Jay. Now I know what not to read when I go to the comic shop tomorrow.

That all sounds despicable. The Jedi actually think they can negotiate with an Empire controlled by Sith? And who the heck is Sia to threaten Azlyn like that? What kind of Order are the IKs running when you can't leave it or else your life is shortened? Thats just wrong. And Cade is just getting worse by the minute, though I also find Shado's lack of faith disturbing.

11. JaySkywalker01

Oct 25, 2005
    Well...they want to negotiate with Fel's Empire....

12. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Cade gets better with each and every issue!! We need a Jedi with a little angst instead of some tow the line boring Jedi. Plus he's a Skywalker they're kinda notorious for making up the rules as the go :)

13. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    That rogue IK could have possibly decided to turn to the Sith after Krayt tookover, for all we know. It sounds like that guy was in recent memory or something.

14. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I actually find the idea of the IKs hunting down traitors quite intriguing. It makes them majorly different to the Jedi, not just "Imperial Jedi ZOMG!". It also further brings into question the Fel Empire's morality, something which, little by little, is being eroded.

Hey, the Sith have to be defeated one day. Its not like Star Wars is going to end when they're gone. Something will come along, be it Legacy or something else, that starts the Third Galactic Civil War and sees the GA and Fel Remnants battling it out. ;)

That said, I take statements like "nobody" with a grain of salt these days. "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be" ... yeah, right. Whatever you say, Yoda. :rolleyes:

Just wait, give it a few years and I bet my life someone will come along and retcon it into a story that there have been lots of other IKs go rogue as they fill in the gaps. Definitive statements rarely last long in Star Wars. :p

15. DarkScythe

DarkScythe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Based on the spoilers it sounds like a good issue.

I have to admit I like Sia revealing to Rae the fact the Knights would kill her if she left in such a subtle way. Of course if Rae was smart she'd simply go to the Jedi and tell them of course then that would screw up any alliance with the Felpire so I doubt that will happen. I think Rae is destined for a heroic sacrifice urging Cade to be a Jedi at some future point.

I also can't help but feel that the Jedi wouldn't be so against killing Krayt if it wasn't for the fact Cade was the one pushing it. He's visibly teetering on the edge of falling so his endorsement of the idea pretty much makes it a given that the Jedi would reject it.

I also can't help but wonder if this mission to assassinate Krayt fails with Cade and company escaping if Roan will order the Knights to kill Cade to avoid him ever being forced to heal Krayt.

16. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    So, are the Jedi from the cover involved at all?

17. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    They were going to be. Originally they were going to join Cade on the kill Krayt mission. Then sanity prevailed as we realized we had just too many characters so we took them out. The cover was already done. (They get done in advance of the actual issue for promotional purposes.) Every once in a while, that will happen but we try to keep it to a minimum.

-- John

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Darnit!

That would have been cool!

19. sgtelias31

sgtelias31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2003
    Pretty good Issue, I couldn't help but feel most of it was just set-up, but that's ok.

What I find most interesting is that R2 opened the cargo doors to let the IKs in. I think it is further proof the Princess Fel is a Solo descendant.

20. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    I find myself wondering if healing Krayt may actually be the key to killing him, too. Krayt seems to believe that the Vong-implants are killing him, but we know that they're actually more like "changing" him. Yeah, they cause him pain...but the Vong were often more about pain than death. I just can't help but wonder if the shock to his system of being suddenly healed might be a little much for someone of his advanced age....

Anyway, just a random thought, really. Sounds like a decent issue, though I'm a bit leery of Cade's "how you use the Force is just a tool" mentality. That's certainly proven to be a very slippery slope in the past.

21. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I really liked this issue (as per usual :)). The flashback with Rasi Tuum and Syn's father was quite good --- I totally thought that they were going to go the route of "It was a different Rasi Tuum that did it", but where they actually went with it caught me pretty off-guard. "Yeah, I killed your father. But he was evil." Makes me believe that Rasi Tuum would side with Cade over the Jedi Council on the Krayt-assassination issue.

As large a supporter of Cade/Imperial Knights/Potentium/Force as a tool as I am, and as harsh a critic I've been of T'ra Saa and the rest of the council the past month, their reasoning behind not assassinating Krayt was... almost fair. Almost. They accept that they're going to have to eventually fight the Sith, and they want the order to splinter on its own. That's a step, I guess. But ultimately, Cade is right. Trillions will die while the Jedi sit around and do nothing. The Council is concerned about weakening an already-weakened Order, but sending a very scant number of Jedi on a covert kill-squad would hardly be suicide for the entire Order.

Ultimately, I have very little respect for the Jedi Council right now. Rawk said it best at the beginning of the issue to K'Kruhk: "Different time, different war!" K'Kruhk is clearly stuck in an obsolete 156-year old mindset. Sure, the Clone Wars drove a few Jedi dark, but the Jedi have fought in other wars since then. The Jedi fought in the Yuuzhan Vong war --- heck, the Jedi won the Yuuzhan Vong war, and who turned dark because of that? Jacen, but that wasn't on account of the fact that he fought, or that he killed people. Daye Azur-Jamin? Again, that had nothing to do with the fact that he was fighting in the war.

It may be true that Cade has a lot of darkness in him, but he's right --- it's the Jedi's responsibility to save the trillions of lives that Darth Krayt is taking. Even if they don't support outright assassination, they should still do something, anything, now. Instead, they want to sit and meditate on it some more. Wow, just... wow. Good job, you narrow-minded idiots.

A few small notes: Poor Arkanian girl. And who was that female Zabrak at the end of the issue? ... Mrs. Wolf Sazen? Also, we got a mention of Astraal Vao, who we haven't heard anything about since Broken. Yay!

So, I'm very, very excited for Vector. Not only is Cade teaming up with the Imperial Knights, but Shado is going to be with them too. That's awesome! I do agree with Cade that the Force is a tool and that the dark side has its uses, but Shado's absolutely right to suspect that the darkness might overwhelm Cade. It very well might. Is that because it's impossible to walk the line between light and dark? Absolutely not. Cade would just need proper Imperial Knight training before he could walk that line properly.

So Marasiah won't be joining them on the mission, eh? Oh well, Ganner and Antares are both amazing, even if we only got a quick shot of them at the end of the issue. If I have one complaint about this issue, it's that it needed more Imperial Knights. :p Whenever they aren't onscreen, the other characters should always be asking "Where are the Imperial Knights?"

I didn't think of that, but a very interesting point...

22. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    This was a good issue.

23. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000

John,

Are you planning on using those characters in the future? Or have they been cut for good?

24. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    They're there and when we have a use for them, we'll use them.

-- John

25. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Thats good because I was looking forward to some new Jedi characters. Although I do see your point that you guys already have enough characters to focus on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.