main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #26: The Hidden Temple, part 2 (of 2)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGeist

DarthGeist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2008
    I don't know if this is on topic or not but I figured this was a good place to post my thoughts.
    I just made my Star Wars comics run a couple of days ago and I read all the "latest" issues back to back (some of them I think have been out a while).
    I read the last issue of Dark Times right before I read the Hidden Temple Part II in LEGACY (saving the best for last after all :p).
    This isn't as deep as a lot of what you guys are talking about, but now that we have "an assassin squad," and Vector is only an issue away from LEGACY, I'm getting concerned that one of our guys are going to get turned into a Rakghul, ESPECIALLY after the last Dark Times.

2. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Both Syn and Blue are at risk. Hadn't thought about that actually...[face_thinking]

3. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    I'm actually worried about Shado and Blue.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There have been hints thoughout these two issues that Deliah and Nat may die. :( Having some Zeltron or any kind of near-human Skywalkers someday would be cool though.

Something has also seemed rather "shady" about Shado, he always has seemed too grim and serious, too detached. I thought it might just be me since I've bee nfeeling this from the first arc, but this issue shows that he is indeed obsessing over Cade's possible fall.

I'm thinking we're going to get a parallel situation, a situation between Shado and Cade that will mirror the old situation in the Clone Wars between A'Shard and Anakin, and I'm thinking Shado will try to take down Cade in the way the Covenant tried to take down Zayne and fall himself in the process.

Also we have to remember Shado's twin sister is in regular contact with Rus, who seems to be loyal to Krayt and betraying Roan Fel, and remeber that the Vao twins were found by the Imperial Missionaries.

I can't be certain, but I think we're missing an important piece of the puzzle here, which may be the next twist to come in the story.

5. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Shado would have to die through more conventional means though, as Force users are immuned to the plague.

6. DarthGeist

Jan 3, 2008
    Crap! You're right :) Oh well. At least my fav Jedi won't become a Rak!

I've been thinking the same thing. I posted this on a different thread earlier tonight:

"... but LEGACY has a way of throwing those AMAZING curveballs your way, the ones your don't see coming. They're certainly not in a position to do so yet, but what about Antares taking over the sith? Or Shado?
    Granted, I don't see either of those things happening, but Antares always seem to have a bit of a shadowy side when I read him, and Shado (one of my favorite Jedi) is becoming increasingly obsessed with Cade's darkness.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't see either of them going Sith, but one of the best things about LEGACY is that anything's possible."

7. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    I actually think Blue is safe. After the end of Dark Times #12, Blue should walk away from this. What foreshadowed the death of Nat?

8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Nat recording that message to Droo, saying he'll see her soon, his errand shouldn't be too dangerous, he'll meet up with her later, etc., that kind of thing sometimes happens shortly before a character dies in a "shocking manner". But so far, doesn't look like Nat's dying anytime soon, though that also depends on when his next appearance will be, whether it'll be during the next Jedi arc, or whether he'll appear during one of the near-future issues in a few panels, that sort of thing.

Its been discussed in other threads (like the Legacy Vector threads) about whether any of the regular cast might get turned into Rakghouls. So far, speculation has included Syn, but no idea if Zeltron is close enough to baseline human to be susceptible to the Rakghoul wave. And my own personal theory is that Deliah's a stablizing influence on Cade, so considering how... unstable Cade looks, and how it seems he'll only get worse eventually, removing Deliah would speed him along that path.

But its all still speculation so far. Shado has been somewhat shady, or he might just be a pessimist, and given the circumstances, its justifiable, but its hard to tell so far.

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    This would be one of the best things Legacy could do, kill off a character or two. I'm in, hopefully it will be meaningful if it happens and whittle down the cast of dozens by a few:p

10. DarthAdamentum

DarthAdamentum Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2008
    dont worry. he'll live...

11. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    shado and cade will live. people with the force are immune to the rakghoul disease. revan and carth were immune to it.

12. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    They might not be immune to a Rakghoul claw through their chests...

13. DarthAdamentum

Jan 28, 2008
    all your posts seem to sway over to the skeptic side...

14. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I thought Jariah's change of heart was too quick, too. I hope no-one's seriously considering a mind trick, though...

One thing that struck me was that I always imagined Jariah with a kind of Jamaican accent (maybe a bit like the bartender in Life On Mars, only less). But now after his droid was called Fee Jee, I can't help but think of Red Dwarf's Lister whose original plan was to go back to Earth to buy a farm on Fiji... 8-} Everyone who's seen that show will know what kind of accent I'm talking about...

15. Fichu-Sorrenessi

Fichu-Sorrenessi Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2006
    Isn't it really Cade that's at risk from the IK? Didn't Fel swear that he would take Cade out of the picture because he was too much of a wild card? Search your feelings...How long before the IK take a shot at him?...Good thing Shado is there...Remember the scene where Antares and Ganner have a standoff with Shado in issue #7 I think, is that foreshadowing Shado saving Cade's butt from the IKs when they finally carry out Fel's plans to "have Skywalker enlisted, incarcerated, or embalmed"?

16. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    This issue was a message by John, Jon & Jan concerning the Darkside.

It said THE DARKSIDE OF THE FORCE DOES NOT TAKE OVER THE FREE WILL OF THE FORCE USER.

We've all been under the impression that using the Darkside will cause the FS to slowly lose their mind & they'll fall deeper & deeper into the Darkside until they eventually become a puppet that is bing controlled by the Darkside of the Force, when there's been no solid evidence to back it up. We have Darth Vader's inability to believe in himself when in the movies he tells Luke that he can't turn back, when in reality a real slave to the Darkside would've been too busy torturing Luke & turning him to the Darkside in order to tell him about why he can't turn back to the light.

Cade Skywalker makes it clear to SHado, Wolf & to us.

The allure of power that comes with the Darkside is incentive to fall deeper into the Darkside, but it's a choice to chase the feelings that come with the power that keep a FS within the dark. There is no manifestation of the Darkside that bends the FS to it's will. When Vader told Luke that "You don't understand the power of the Darkside!" what he meant is that he chose the Darkside because he craves that power.

17. UltimateMandalore

UltimateMandalore Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2006
    I agree with Cade that the Dark side has it's uses. His philosophy of the force will make him a great jedi, one that isn't afraid to do what is needed.

18. DarthAdamentum

Jan 28, 2008
    very gud explanation, tricky... but whats fs?

19. Tricky

Jul 26, 2001
    fs= Force Sensitive, people that can use the force.

20. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    But as of now, it's only Cade's point of view. We do not know whether the creative people behind the series intend to create 'A New Understanding Of The Force'? or if they are just setting up Cade for his next fall.

And even if it's the former, don't forget that they or their superiors might change it after the fact - like Jacen's new understanding of NJO being discarded for Sith villainy or Corran's cooler-than-Luke attitude getting him a destroyed planet in Dark Nest (although I never actually saw how Corran could learn the lesson he did learn out of what happened, but I'm relying on author comment here).

21. DarthAdamentum

Jan 28, 2008
    thx 4 d heads up

22. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    I don't think Cade has a tried and true "new understanding of The Force". I sure hope not. Not a method anyone could control but somehow I don't think it will be as simple as Cade falling on his ass at the end of his gambit with the IKs, Azlyn and Shado.

23. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    So question: Was this possibly the best issue of KOTOR so far?

Edit: I mean LEGACY! Thanks Tricky :)

24. Tricky

Jul 26, 2001
    Hellz yeah! Especially if you put a sticker of the KOTOR title over the LEGACY one, then you is correct!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.