main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #50: Extremes, part 3 (of 3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_SHOT, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Basically, whatever didn't kill him made him party harder? o_O

[face_laugh]

I know...I know. My first post in ages and it's this sideways one. I'm a little put out that I missed the royal convo between you and Jello. That would have been fun.

[face_thinking] Though, technically, I believe Jaina is a Royal Highness. Are we sure that the eldest surviving Honourable son of an Imperial peer is the correct marriage material for a Princess Royal?

*tries and fails to hold serious face*

I kid.

2. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Just got to read the issue, one week later than everyone else. Meh, I hate it when I don't have time to go to the comic shop.

A fantastic issue, which of course leaves most running sub-plots hanging. I am very happy that we got the mini-series coming up, so that maybe most of them will get resolved. Although from what I got from the letters section, there will be more Legacy in 2011. It'd been very nice if Randy wouldn't have gotten all mysterious about it, so people would have had to worry less.

Anyway, great writing and artwork, Draco of course is alive and Krayt's back. :D It's really too bad we'll have to wait until December.

3. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Cyn! My BFF! [:D] :*

Oh, Jello is adorable. [face_batting] We typically agree until it comes to Antares and then it's oppisite ends of the dance floor with Mustafar in the middle. :p

:p

[face_thinking] Jag is the son of an Imperial baron and Jaina is technically a princess, so I think that meets criteria. Not that it matters to either one of them. :p [face_laugh]

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Alright, I finally have the issue, and I was extremely pleased with it. Draco was a 'noooo' moment, Havok being the killer of Empress Fel was a :eek: moment, Krayt was simply a beautiful moment, so reminiscent of Sidious that I am extremely pleased. The Sith Troopers and Annhilators are going to rock the galaxy... Wyyrlok's expression was quite unreadable, which is awesome, and I look forward to whether Krayt decides to forgive him as well as Nihl... Syn was cool, Blue and Stazi had an awesome interaction (which for novelty was the highlight of the issue for me), but I was very impressed with Cade, who has gone miles in 50 issues. At the end of it all, he really understands; Jedi or not, Skywalker or not; this is his Destiny... and he takes it on. Very admirable. I was very pleased to see Isen is dead. He was a very cool villain, and I like that he died without a lightsaber ignited, in his arrogance, but a blade fight for him was about as awesome as Maladi at Had Abadon...

Speaking of which, where the hell is Maladi?

Join the club. Cade was... well, Cade. But he has improved, and I am extremely proud of the boy. We've not believed it, but he has finally became a man. Alleluia!

[face_love] Very well said, Sey. I am too sick of redemption. Every time it happens it cheapens Anakin's moment. Between Kam/Kyp/Jaina in the NR era... Jacen as well would have been a bit silly, which is probably why I liked Alema so much as well... glad someone else agrees!

I was thinking that, but on the other side of the coin, as soon as Fel has a female heir in the Empire his throne is weakened. If he has another child - a male heir - then his position is secured. So the Empress dying as well is a spectacular play; Roan's position is weakened sufficiently that the Moff Council can take the lead... so it might work in that respect.

But, if we take it even further...

Let's say that the Emperor and Empress find out about the One Sith via Niin... they assemble a strategy whereby they purposely weaken Emperor Fel's hand so as to lure the One Sith out. They fake the Empress' death at the hand of Niin, and have Draco go and 'kill' him, creating a situation whereby Niin can then join the One Sith. They emerge, and Niin, as Darth Havok, has to act a certain way in front of the other One Sith, but otherwise feeds the Emperor information...

Pretty convoluted, and a very harsh strategy, but we all know Fel has this in him...

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Sinny,

You're SUPPOSED to be getting married, what the hell are you doing here? :)

Not that it isn't nice to see you, but you do have some very important matters to attend to, this'll wait, trust me, it's going nowhere.

We've until December to talk about this!

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Between two stages of the Honeymoon, and my love consented to me having a couple of pops online in-between, bless her. :p So I am off until my final return as of today, but I couldn't not come in here considering how quick Legacy tends to move. ;)

Adieu everyone, until I return again! [:D]

7. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Think we should ban him to insure that he doesn't come back too soon? :p

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    We won't have to, he's married now, remember? :)

(In all seriousness I'm happy for the man but can't resist a bit of teasing as I approach our 6 years anniversary... )

9. Katarns_Bryar

Katarns_Bryar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2009
    So wait is Draco dead or not? The Wook says he is but an interview states he's an important part of the War arc.

10. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    One article was written by a fan, the other comes from someone who actually works on the comic. Which do you think is accurate?:p

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Hey, screw you! I worked hard on that article.

lawl jokes. But to answer your question, Katarns --- The statement that he'll be an important part of the War arc is an open-ended one. For all we know, it could be through flashbacks, it could be about his legacy, hell, he could even be a Force ghost. Until we know for sure that he survived, good form dictates indicating in the Wook article that he's dead. But I've made a note about the statement from the intervew in his behind the scenes section.

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm surprised you resisted the urge to do that. :p

And my wife knew what she was getting into. ;)

13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    The question is Sinre:
    Did she wear Leia-buns with her white dress to the ceremony?
    ;)

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I sadly ascribe to the view that Star Wars should not be involved in important stuff like weddings. Bit of a bore, really. :p But she would have if I'd asked her, I bet. Everyone at the wedding expected my wife to come down the aisle to the Imperial March. [face_laugh]

15. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    A flashback to his childhood or a Force ghost playing a 'major role' in a six issue tie-up?

That's pushing it Jeff. [face_peace] ;)

TO BE CLEAR I'M NOT SPEAKING FOR JAN (:p) but the way I read the article, the only reasonable way to interprete her statement, given the context, is that he's very much alive. [face_peace]

But there's no proof he's dead. No one said he was dead, either In-Universe or Out, and we don't have a body. [face_peace] Sia and Ganner shout "No!" (it's never stated they felt his death.) And Shado says, 'a good man has fallen,' non of which is any kind of proof that he's dead, much less conclusive proof. [face_peace]

So it seems good form would dictate giving him the benefit of the doubt (given Jan's statement) until we actually have proof that he's dead? ;)

Thank you for that. [face_peace] Still, at this point, given what we have I think its reaching to list a death year and say that he's definatively dead. [face_peace]

Oh, absolutely he does and I'm so good with that. [face_peace] The only problem I have with it is Niin's treatment of Sia, why torture Roan's child if you're in kahoots with him? The only answer I can come up with is that he wanted to fuel Draco's fire, literally. [face_peace] If so, it worked because Antares is pissed off. [face_plain] But still, it's a long shot. What I think is more likely is that Niin is playing both sides.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Rule #01 of SF:

If you don't see a body, they ain't dead.

If no one detects the death, they ain't dead.

Even if there is a body, they ain't guaranteed to be dead.

17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yes! I knew that Admiral Nict didn't die at Caamas. When the Pride of Corellia exploded, he jumped into an escape pod and was captured by the Sith!

We are talking about Nict, right? :p

--Adm. Nick

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    With his apprentice, Morrigan Corde? ;) Rule of Two ftw!

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The force of the explosion was such that Nict was blasted to molecules, yet somehow he remained as energy and was later resurrected by an esoteric force technique so he could gain revenge upon the Sith!

Yes, it's technobabble, but it's fun.

20. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Unfortunately, we write articles based on evidence, not assumptions. :p[face_peace] Conclusive proof? Not at all. But evidence still. Believe me, I'm as certain of his survival as all of you. But, alas, we must wait until December to know for sure...

21. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Damn, that's a lot of smileys.

22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Isn't the goal of such an endeavor as the Wookieepedia to present the most accurate information possible?

I'd suggest there are far more accurate ways to present Antares Draco's fate than to make assumptions from subjective text and the POV of characters not actually present for his death?

I mean they don't even say that they felt him die, the closest we get to that is Shado's "A good man has fallen" statement. There are all kinds of meanings that could be attached to that.

I just don't think there is enough information to make any definitve claim about his demise based upon those panels. It's a fan hypothosis.

I think a simple statement along the lines of "Antares Draco may have been killed but this is yet to be confirmed" would be far more accurate than what is currently there.

23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    They are presenting the most accurate information, it's just that authors/LFL/Lucas don't realize it yet... :p

24. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I always thought there were several Admiral Nicts, a long line streaching back to the dark days of Daala.

he he 3 ds

25. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    It's a good thing you're not a Wookieepedia editor, then.

Because under that logic, Azard shouldn't be assumed dead. Gial Gahan shouldn't be assumed dead. And a whole ton of other characters that we've seen die in Legacy's pages. Draco is identical to them --- except with more evidence. His two closest friends shout "No" when they feel him die, and Shado states that he has "fallen". Comics are visual media without the benefit of internal narrative explicitly stating that they felt him die, so why not argue that every SW comic ever is subjective? Wookieepedia strives to be accurate, not to present fan theories as canon. If you disagree, this isn't really the place to argue it. Take it to Draco's talk page on the wook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.