main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

legacy and jedi alliance symbol

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by astromech_kuhns, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astromech_kuhns

astromech_kuhns Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2008
    ok this is my first post other than inside the welcome forum and i had something i wanted to clear up.

the symbol that yoou see on the jedi in the new clone wars movie thats on there clone armor that they wear ive been told is the jedi aliance symbol but i thought it was the legacy era symbol someone care to clear this up?

Thanks

Kolton Kuhns

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I thnnk the Legacy Era may have also been using it to represent the Jedi on their covers, though it seems to have a slight variation from the image I'm looking at in the CWA Visual Guide. No circle around the Old Republic Jedi logo.

It also has similarities to the Rebellion/New Republic logo, which was likely the idea as well, showing the Rebellion took their symbolism somewhat from the Jedi of old.

3. astromech_kuhns

Aug 27, 2008
    ok that makes sense thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They just chose to use the Jedi symbol to represent the Legacy Era, same they chose the Sith symbol for the Old Republic Era, the Republic Senate logo for the Rise of the Empire Era, the Imperial logo for the Rebellion Era, the Alliance logo for the New Republic Era and a variation of it for the New Jedi Order Era.

5. astromech_kuhns

Aug 27, 2008
    ok thank you i understand now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.