main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST "Legacy Character" Deaths

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ArtSchmo, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Yes.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    THREAD MERGE OF DOOM

3. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

I think if they are going to do more than 9 Saga films, C-3PO might become a problem. Anthony Daniels is pushing 70, and I can't see him doing this forever. That suit can't be comfortable for an older man, even with the mods they were supposed to do to make it easier on him. Don't forget the voice. Since Daniels does his voice in almost everything, people will be more sensitive to a replacement.

R2-D2 is now completely artifical and can be in films made decades from now and still look and sound the same.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Neither Droid is a requirement but one shouldn't dismiss one simply because the man that brings him to life is getting older.

5. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    People saying Leia will have nothing to do after VII.... she is the leader of the resistance. VII ends with the kick-off of another galactic civil war. You don't honestly think that war will be lead by Rey, Finn, and Poe, do you? No, they're the ground troops and will be in on the action. Leia will be running the show. One or more of her kids are in danger. She'll have plenty to do.

syferdiasisalie and iluvkoalas like this.
  6. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013

Hate the choice, not the man.

I don't see any real benefit of killing any of the Three off. Actually, they have MORE to offer now than they did in the OT. Han now has 30+ years of untold adventures that make his character even more meaty than it was in 4, 5, and 6! Let's face it, the initial emotion of any Legacy death would have diminishing returns in comparison to keeping them on for the next adventure. Besides, there is a chance that the new characters might not be as great as we're thinking. (I'd hate for that to happen, but it is a possibility.) Then where would we be? I just don't think any potential benefits of Big Three Death come close to outweighing those of seeing them live. (At least not at this stage of the game.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.