main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Legacy Child:Ben Skywalker Society Thread: *Ben's neglected... show some LOVE! -New Discussion 1/28*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LegacyChild1, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JacenSolo89

JacenSolo89 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2005
    Yeah, his choices are reflecting Jacen's, but he's still good at heart and doesn't know that Jacen is trying to become a Sith. Jacen was his mentor, and everyone knows that if you get a mentor that their influence will be very strong. I was relieved to find out that Ben wasn't going to let the girl die, even though it took Shaker to convince him.

But, he's also starting to disagree with Jacen, remember? That counts for something, plus, when Ben learns of Jacen's plot, I have a feeling he won't let that be carried out. He may be under Jacen's little spell, but I think once he learns more he'll realize that he's mistaken. And has anyone else noticed that for a 14 year old that he is REALLY smart? I was surprised at how clever he was.

But, I don't really have a problem with the story right now, I only wish Jacen would drop this sacrificing thing, because it will not end well. But other than that, I think everything is fine, it's wonderful story telling, it really is, in my opinion.

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002

I noticed that as well. He's really smart and making some good choices. But as a kid, he's still very much influenced by those around him and since he's around Jacen a lot... :(

I wonder, too, how much Jacen is being influenced by Ben and his hero-worshop. Do you think Jacen would be even darker if Ben weren't around?

3. JacenSolo89

JacenSolo89 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2005
    Probably. Jacen wants Ben to be his Sith Apprentice for obvious reasons (really smart, Luke Skywalker's son, worships the ground Jacen walks on, etc.), so he wants to be on his best behavior, I would assume. I don't blame Jacen (for wanting Ben as his Apprentice), because Ben is very talented and has proven he can survive and will do what's necessary to do good.

4. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Ben is very mature for his age and he is only getting wiser and wiser. I started liking his chaarecter in Exile, after Sacrifice I really liked him. I won't go into spoilers I know we have a few days before we can discuss it but I thought since it was right around the corner and I am starting to like him I would revive this thread. I think Ben is going to make a great Jedi one day, maybe even better than Luke.

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    so can one of you PM me the Ben-related spoilers? thanks. I ahven't been abel to read that much due to my hating most of lOTF and work and school, so I know basicallynothing of lOTF

6. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
  7. LegacyChild1

LegacyChild1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    New July Challenge

We're all reeling from the horrors Sacrifice wrought, and the death it revealed.
    But none of us, perhaps, so much as Ben Skywalker. Once it fully sinks in, how does Ben carry on? How does he go about normal life?
    The challenge is to write Ben soon after Mara's death.

Must include:
    Han & Leia

Must include the words:
    bland
    tomfoolery
    omission

8. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Great to see this back up, of course. *conspiratorial grin*

I can't wait to do this challenge. [face_mischief] I've got all sorts of plot bunnies, not all of them good.

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A great challenge!

EDIT: Okay, got mine up! :p

Almost

10. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    That was a quick and WONDERFUL response to the challenge =D=

11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I agree completely, and I don't even like LOTF at all.

12. LegacyChild1

Jan 11, 2006
    August Challenge:

Okay write a vignette with Ben and his children. That status of his wife is up to you, it can be anyone. There is one major requisite, no twins and Ben must have at least three children. Other then that have fun.

Oh for added bonus add Grandpa Luke.

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Oh I LOVE grown up Ben stories! *Runs off to find her muse*

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    YESS!!!!! J_P!!! Rachel returns!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] And those wonderful kids from Reconciliation. :) :) :) :) I'm glad can't you tell???? [face_laugh]

15. LegacyChild1

Jan 11, 2006
    Hello Ben Fans!

Come out of the shadows!! (Or Lurkdom as it may be)

We have new fan art!!

You can find LittleZion's wonderful Ben art HERE

Also, the mark up codes have been redone on the Fan Art Index, so go and check out all the shiny! :) And while you are there, look at some art, there may be some that you forgot or some you've never seen! You never know when someone elses work of art might inspire some Ben related Fic!! :D

16. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Those are wonderful!! I especially liked the Ben and Jacen one.

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    They are wonderful! I especially love the one called MOM! *Sniff Sniff* :_|

The Video is really cool too!!!

18. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Wonderful! =D= I saw his video on YouTube!

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    My response to the latest challenge: http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=27441157&brd=10477

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    and now it's updated

21. LegacyChild1

Jan 11, 2006
    Halloween Challenge

Okay. For the Halloween challenge. You have to write a story with Ben and werewolves. Ben can be a werewolf, he can track down werewolves, anything as long as it has Ben and werewolves. Be as creative as you like.

Requirements:
    Need a Star Wars werewolf lore.
    And the phrase, "Hairy situation."

Good luck.

22. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    not related to the challenge but here's a new Ben pic: http://silsolo.deviantart.com/art/Ben-Amidst-the-Stars-69050283

23. LegacyChild1

Jan 11, 2006
    Hello Ben fans!! *waves* Long time no see!

There has been a lot going on regarding Ben and we've been neglecting him. :(
    I think he may be sad! :p

A few quick questions relating to the thread...

Is anyone still interested in doing challenges? We've had some great responses in the past (see the first page :) ) and we would love to continue them if you are interested! We've got a bunch in mind and would love to see what you all can come up with!

Is there anything you would like to see in this thread? There are a bunch of ideas in other character threads... anything you would like us to "borrow"? :p Any original ideas?

If you have any ideas for discussion, a challenge or anything related to Ben and/or this thread feel free to tell us! We would love to hear from you all!

And now for something completely different...

Discussion:

We all know that Ben was tortured by Jacen.. er, Darth Caedus in Infero, but how do you think Ben came out of it? Did he make an irreparable slide towards the dark side? Did he become stronger? Wiser? Will he use it like Jacen whose torture at the hands of Vergere made everyone sees him as stronger and wiser but inside he is tainted and dark?

24. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Discussion:

We all know that Ben was tortured by Jacen.. er, Darth Caedus in Infero, but how do you think Ben came out of it? Did he make an irreparable slide towards the dark side? Did he become stronger? Wiser? Will he use it like Jacen whose torture at the hands of Vergere made everyone sees him as stronger and wiser but inside he is tainted and dark?

I think it's too soon to tell if there's been irreparable damage to Ben's psyche, but I suspect not. It was just a brief session and Luke is there to guide his son back to the light. I do think his innocence is lost and it will take time for him to heal.

Perhaps the help of the love of a good woman?

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Perhaps the help of the love of a good woman?
    [face_laugh] That could work! I'm all for Jysella!! :D
    But he is still a baby... even though he is very grown up for his age!

While the torture was pretty short, it was at the hands of someone he trusted, a family member no less and that makes it a hundred times worse. (Though Luke may have taken that worse than he did. :( ) But I do fear for all the hatred he has... when he said "This kill is mine" to Luke I dropped the book! It killed me how much anger was there and how he had no second thoughts about killing his cousin.

And I don't know if Luke is really a lot of help to him, he is barely controlling himself. After their talk at the end of Fury I think it may be better, but he still doesn't trust Luke completely, and that puts a strain on their relationship as father and son and Master and apprentice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.