main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Legacy Child: The new Ben Skywalker Discussion and Index Thread New Discussion Topic and Updates!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LegacyChild1, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    That's an idea for plot bunny right there.

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    but I totally suck at Anakin characterization and haven't picked up an SW book with him in it for awhile so I'm gonna have to pass that on to someone else

3. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Too bad. Though I know how you feel. I have so many ideas, I have to temper my instinct to just start writing. I'm not always successful.

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    About Ben being 'older' than his 14 years. Does this have to make him an angsty, sad, guilt-ridden rogue?

As for friends, doesn't have to still have a light side. Pun intended.

5. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Oh, definitely. Ben needs a friend who maybe hasn't had that sort of trauma in his life. Skywalkers can tend to brood, that's why Luke needed Han so much. Ben needs a friend he can just be a kid with, but maybe understands what he's been through.

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Does this have to make him an angsty, sad, guilt-ridden rogue?
    First off he is a Skywalker, like Zara said, so yes... but his mother was killed by his cousin while he was still very young and he was tortured by said cousin so I think that gives him an excuse! :p
    But I do see your point! :)

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    From personal experience, my family being betrayed by my own cousin (don't worry nothing as traumatic as my mother being killed) it has taken us a long time to process and heal. It's been two years and we're still trying to figure how to get back to normal. And I must say, I did become closed off and I wouldn't say a rogue, but a loner and a bit cynical. It's a natural reaction. But you do rely on your other family and good friends to pull you out. It's a process.

I would really like to see Ben get that support.

8. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Some good father-son fics are in order.

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Here! Here!

And more Ben icons. I think that will help him immensely. :p

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    And more Ben icons.
    Haven't we been saying that for years now?? He even got his own cover, and still no more icons! *pouts*
    I think we are going to have to start being noisy!
    :p

11. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

I'm prepared to do what is necessary. [face_devil]

The problem with the cover is that he's blond. What's up with that?

12. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I think everyone has their own interpretation of Ben's hair color being red-blond, it could either mean a light red or blond with a reddish tint, not strictly red I suppose. ;)

13. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    I could agree to that, but still there isn't even a tinge of red in the picture. It looks as though he has hair the color of wheat. Which would be fine if that's how the described him. And I really like that there is such a visible evidence of Mara in his appearance, that he's not just a Skywalker. He's also got the Jade fire.

14. x_SwordoftheJedi_x

x_SwordoftheJedi_x Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2008
    I think his hair colour could be to do with the lighting of the picture. And also, he dyed his hair in Sacrifice, so his hair wouldn't necessarily look red.

15. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    That is true, that's a good point. Do they make any reference to it in Fury?

16. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I think... and I could be totally wrong, it wasn't a permanent die and that it would come out very easily. He was changing his appearance a bunch in that book to avoid getting noticed.

I'm pretty sure the only actual reference to his hair is when they say it is red. I figure the person doing the art was told that he is Luke Skywalker's son, so they made him look more like Luke.

17. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    That's probably true, because all the pictures I've seen of him at Mara's funeral, also make him blonde like Luke.

I love your signature mav, but I'm confused. Ben isn't real?

18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I love your signature mav, but I'm confused. Ben isn't real?
    :oops: Of course he is... silly mav!! 8-}
    :p

Someone on Live Journal had a icon that said that (but with only Ianto Jones) and I thought it was fun, so I just added characters from all of my fandoms! (Well maybe not all of them, but the big three! ;) )

19. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    As for Ben's hair color, I defer to red and falconfan's artist renderings. If you haven't seen her stuff, check it out.

20. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    We have a few of her pictures in our artist collection. And they are beautiful.

21. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    I've got a fic in the earliest stages with Ben just after he stabbed and tried to kill Jacen. I haven't read the book and don't knwo if I need the exact details of the plot since my story is kind of a fish out of water. However, I can't write it in a complete void.

Would Ben still be in his GAG uniform immediately following the escape? Did he bear any injuries from the flight? Would he be carrying a blaster or any weapon beside his lightsaber? Is he also carrying Mara's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Darth Marrs

22. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Just finished this fic called Skywalker In Name. Ben's sorta a supporting chara in it: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/25464647/p1/?218

23. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008
    This is NOT a plot bunny, but I would like to know if anyone would be interested in a 'Detactive' story, featuring DI Ben and DCI Lon Shevu. It'd be set after my *Cough* Unposted *Cough* AU (which does not involove the foul wart that is GAG in any way, shape or form), so it wouldn't be for awhile. I'm just asking people's opinions.

24. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Has anyone ever written a Ben fic where Mara is not his mother? Would anyone be interested in a fic like that?

25. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Hello?! Man it's dark in here. *turns on lights*
    There we go!
    But wow is it dusty! *gets out handy dandy swiffer duster and starts to dust off the art work and fics*

I figured since it appears Ben will play a pretty big role in the upcoming series we should dust off his appreciation thread and show our love! :)

Also I just wanted to make it known that after years of begging for more Ben icons, Katana_Geldar has finally come to our rescue. You can find her Ben icons HERE in the new icons thread in Comms. They are awesome!

Of course they still have to be voted on but hopefully we'll have more than one Ben icon soon!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.