main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index LEGACY Comics Index and Discussion ~~The End Of An Era~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Legacy_Index, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I just went to the Diamond Comics site and the list is up a bit early.

Legacy #21 is on the list for This Week's releases.

I can't wait to see how Stazi gets out of this one!

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Yayness!! (I could totally get used to this release schedule, LOL.)

Rebelgrrl: I can't wait to see how Stazi gets out of this one!

I know! Stazi is awesome in the preview. Can't wait to see the rest. [face_peace] (And maybe I won't be so confused anymore. [face_blush])

3. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Man, I feel so behind in the conversation!

I just moved to a new apartment and don't have internet yet, so I have to go use the ancient computers in the library instead. It's so wierd

4. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    karebear: Ugh, that's frustrating. :( Good luck getting settled in the new place and, most important, getting your internet back. [face_good_luck]

Issue 21 was Freakin' SWEET! I've got a couple of new fave characters. :cool: :D Anybody else read it yet?

Rebelscum has the preview up for the Cade and Deliah Minis. I don't know anything about the game, but reading through the stats & specs was fun. Poor Dee gets a negative number on "wisdom" for being Zeltron, LOL.

5. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Not yet. I'm planning to get #21 along with Vector #26. Thanks to this youth thing I had. Blast! Anyway, it's all good, I guess...

I read it, and it looks totally awesome!! I'm gonna be on the look out for them too. Man, if only I could get ALL the collections of the Star Wars Minis... [face_praying]

I kinda feel sorry for Blue on the negative number "wisdom" too. [face_laugh]

6. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    I know, I'm a dork, but I feel the need to correct this.

Deliah does not have a negative number, she has a negative modifier. That means when you roll a dice to figure out her stats, you subtract two from what you roll. Her wisdom stat is listed as a 12, which, while not phenomenal, could be much worse (baseline is 10)

7. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Ah! I stand corrected. (KNEW I should have asked a gamer what that was about, LOL! :oops:)

And you're not a dork. :p

Slightly OT: How do you guys store your single comic issues? My bookshelf is full and most of my issues aren't on boards, so they're getting wrinkled. [face_blush]

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Unfortunately, mine are in piles - not helpful in rereading...

9. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    [occasional_comics_reader]You might be able to get a longbox from a comic shop. They're just the right size for 'em. The trick would be finding a place to put the longbox. :p[/occasional_comics_reader]

10. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    I bag and board my comics, and store them in comic boxes. When you bag, they get too slick to stack on a shelf. I buy these supplies from my local comics shop, but there are lots of online places. The problem with online orders, though, is that you have to order a lot to make it worth it, so if you don't have a large collection, you might want to share an order with a friend or two.

Also, in comics shops, bags and boards are usually sold in packages of 100. Some shop owners will break down to units of 5 or 10, but then mark them waaaaaay up. These are other good things to share a purchase with friends on if, for instance, you are only purchasing Legacy and KoTOR. Share the cost with a friend and you each have 50/50, which would bag and board all issues of both to date, including #0, #1/2 of Legacy and #0 of KoTOR.

I'm looking at getting those new comic boxes that work more like file drawers because it's a chore to move my boxes around to get the issues I want. But then, I'm working on filling my sixth box. Two of them are ElfQuest and the rest are all Star Wars.

You could use legal-sized bankers boxes to store comics, but comics don't do so well filed horizontally. The recommendation is vertical and comics boxes are designed for that. You can decorate the cardboard ones or they have more expensive plastic ones.

Edit:
    The_Face mentions long boxes, but there are two sizes. Long and short. Short dimensions are L 15.75 X W 7.5 X H 10.75 and Long dimensions are L 27.25 X W 7.5 X H 10.8. This is in inches. It's easier to find places for the short size than the long size in my experience.

11. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    I use crates to store my comics. I know it sounds crazy, but it works for me. Surprisingly, my comics aren't wrinkled (no offense, Trace). I got about... five crates stacked on top of each other. One for Star Wars collection, one for comics, one for other things, etc.

When we move into our new house, I'm gonna buy a bookshelf to keep my comics in.

12. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    I've got way too many comics for plastic crates. :D

No matter what kind of box you use, I would advise bagging and boarding. This is maximum protection against rumpling and damage. Not to mention spills and pets!

Um, unless you have a weird cat like my siamese who likes to lick and chew on plastic and scotch tape.

13. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    I keep my comics in a pile on my bookshelf. I'm actually very bad at taking care of them. They get thrown into random boxes when I move, tossed into the back of my car on the way home from the shop - once I found one under my front seat all torn up and stepped on (oops)

14. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    I miss my local comics shop from when I lived in Texas. The owner sold all new issues of comics already bagged and boarded. I loved that, and he didn't charge extra for it.

15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    You gals (and guy ;)) are awesome! I'd have never thought to get an actual comic box. (Duh!) The only problem I could see with bagging/boarding is that my issues rarely stay in one spot for long, since I tend to re-read and scan to make icons, etc, and I'm really lazy about putting stuff back where it belongs. *blush* (My husband teases me that he can always tell when a new Legacy has come out because all the others join it on the desk for the Welcome to Traci's House party. Such a comedian. :p ) But yeah - I'll ask my LCS about boxes this afternoon.

RebelGrrl: LOL @ your cat! At least it doesn't like to eat the actual books. 8-}

Sorta-will-be-related-to-the-thread-topic-eventually: KOTOR 26/Vector 2 is out today. :D (I gotta go back and re-read # 25. I skimmed it while TNPredsFan read Legacy 19 and I wish I'd had a camera for the look on her face when she finished it. [face_laugh] )

16. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I've been loaning my Legacy comics to a friend at work. He finished #19 and didn't understand the significance of those final panels. Having to explain something that obvious :oops:

17. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    You're evil. I don't think my jaw has popped back into place yet. :p

RE comic book storage: Most of my comics are bagged and boarded, and they have their own shelf of honor in the brand-new fangirl room/office. Since I'm still unpacking boxes from moving into the house, I refuse to bring in more boxes, and I re-read my comics too much to store them in boxes. My comics and TPB must also be stored together in chronological order, or my head explodes. (Same for my books.) :-B

I'm considering placing the boarded and bagged comics inside 3-ring binders so that they stand on the bookshelf better.

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I had to pack up all my comics because we'll be moving soon! :_| :_| :_|

19. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    I feel your pain, Vadey. Most of my comics and all of my books were in storage for 6 months due to my move. Whenever I needed a fix, I would go over to Trace's house. [face_laugh]

My fangirl room/office is the only room I have almost finished in my new house. A fangirl has her priorities. Must have internet and my books/comics. :p

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'll have a library in the new house. [face_dancing] And as soon as I can kick one of the kids out, I'll have a Star Wars room. [face_mischief] [face_devil]

21. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    The little people who live in my house took over all my fangirl space. I'm gonna pay them back by moving in with all my junk some day when I'm old. :p

Went to my LCS today and I have a comic box and bags and boards now. I feel official. :-B [face_laugh]

Have y'all seen the TFN Main page? The Legacy Minis ad that Jan drew is a moving gif thingy in one of the ad slots. It's pretty cool! :D

22. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    That's really cool. LOL on Han showing up!

23. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    I got a look at KOTOR #26/Vector #2, and while the story's interesting, the artwork puts me off. I have to agree with whoever said that Celeste Morne's cheeks look as though she's storing nuts for the winter. :p Apart from that, I think I'll try to reserve judgment until the Vector crossover's complete.

24. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I wish I could have all of my comics packed up. I have a chair with a stack of comics two feet high on it, and another foot on a chest.

Liked the latest issues of Legacy, as it was really good to see the Galactic Alliance in action at this point in time.

25. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    I have internet again!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.