main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index LEGACY Comics Index and Discussion ~~The End Of An Era~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Legacy_Index, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I won't get it until I go home for Easter. I was surprised at Krayt's death though, I wasn't expecting that. I thought he'd survive somehow. It'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

Does anyone know how long it'll go on for?

2. MJBegg007

MJBegg007 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2009
    A thousand apologies [face_praying] [face_laugh] .

Is Storms #1 released at the same time around the world? I live in Australia and I'd love to pick that issue up as soon as possible.

As a side note, is anybody else hoping that Cade and Azlen Rae (however you spell it) "get together"[face_whistling] . I was NEVER for the Cade/Blue relationship. Call me specieist but it just didn't seem right to me.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I was pretty surprised by that, too. :eek: Definitely shakes things up, though.

Are you asking how long the series will go on? According to what John said recently in this thread, there are no plans to end the series at this time.

That?s a good question, about the release dates. Maybe you could ask in the Literature forum thread. Seems like there are some folks there from Oz. ;)

I am a HUGE Cade/Blue fan and have been for as long as I?ve been reading the books, but a lot of folks aren?t and I respect that. [face_peace] (Okay, so, I threw the book across the room in disgust at the Cade/Ponytail scene and pitched a tantrum in the Cade fan club thread [face_blush] , but I don?t knock anyone else his or her opinion. :) ) John Ostrander was the comics guest of honor at our local sci-fi/fantasy Con last weekend and told me that I won't like this book. I have a sneaking suspicion that Azlyn might have something to do with that. [face_worried]

But I guess the possibility of Cade/Azlyn depends a whole lot on what happens in the next two books. Last we saw her, she wasn't looking too perky.

4. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002

Speak for yourself, I'm totally a nerd! :D

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Hmmm, that could cause problems. TBH I wasn't expecting it to last this long, and it's not exactly cheap, nearly £3.50 per issue. It makes me wonder whether I should stop getting the comics and just buy the TPBs when they come out.

6. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I stand corrected. :D (Oh hey - J.O. likes Leverage, too. ;))

Someone smarter than me in math might be able to answer you better, but I think it depends on how/where you're buying them. If you're paying full price, then the monthlies actually come out cheaper. For example, here in the States the monthlies are $2.99 each and the TPBs vary between 4 and 6 issues collected. $2.99 x 6 = 17.94, and the 6 issue TPBs are priced at $17.95. But $2.99 x 4 = $11.96, but the TPBs with 4 issues are priced at $15.95. If you're buying the TPBs discounted, though, they'd probably be cheaper.

Issue 34:

Had a few things I expected (I was right about the Cade/Azlyn thing :_|) and a few unexpected events and I'm kinda re-thinking the whole Krayt situation now. Someone predicted that the cover of 35 would be Azlyn in a Vader suit and I thought No Way! Apparently, it will be Yes Way. o_O And I can't even begin to imagine how this arc will be concluded in only one more issue...

For anyone who wants to see the first 6 pages, they're up on the Dark Horse site in the Making of a Comic section. Spoilers ahoy! http://www.darkhorse.com/Features/Making-of-a-Comic/1014/Making-of-a-Comic-Star-Wars-Legacy-34 (This is really cool because it breaks it down into script/pencils/inks/colors/letters for each page to show the construction of a comic.)

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I pay £3.29 for each issue, that's £1.79 for the comic and £1.50 postage. The TPBs seem to be £15 each. [face_thinking]

8. MJBegg007

Mar 8, 2009
    I'm sorry - what's this Cade/Ponytail scene that got you fired up? I hate forgetting parts in stories, and it always happens when I'm trying to read several stories at the same time, or they all get muddled up...

Also, just to get folks fired up; I'd be very curious to know if I'm the only person who finds Cade really, really ugly. Please, don't be unkind towards me, I am allowed my opinion...[face_worried]

9. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Read #34, and really, Bantha and Cade need to have their heads knocked together. Hard. [face_beatup] :oops: It?s one way to find out whether they?ve got any marbles left. Cade had no right to demand that Azlyn be saved no matter what and Bantha had no business making that sort of promise. It?s her life and her decision. Maybe Azlyn will at least get to do the head knocking on those two.

Bantha in particular needs to have his brain examined. When Droo tells him Azlyn?s resisting treatment, that should have alerted him to Cade?s dishonesty. Saying that Cade?s seen too many broken promises indicates that he knows how desperate his nephew must be. It seems like Bantha?s sacrificing Azlyn to Cade?s demands, especially when Droo says that even though all life?s precious, there comes a time to let go, and her reaction to Bantha?s proposal to encase Azlyn in the cybernetic suit.

Deliah definitely needs more time away from Cade. :D Her assertiveness makes her stand out as an individual in her own right, not Cade?s groupie gal. I?m still of the mind that romance isn?t the reason she sticks by Cade, who?s too immature for a romantic relationship with anyone, especially not a childhood sweetheart like Azlyn. Remember way back when Morrigan Corde described Deliah as being ?true blue?? While it?s characteristic of Zeltrons to be loyal to their friends, Deliah might be unusually so. Then there?s her comment about the Mynock being something she can fix. As mentioned in #0, Deliah?s a mechanic who can tell Cade?s broken and wants to ?fix? him, like she does machines, but only now is she coming to grips with her limitations in that respect. Lastly, I?m thinking that Deliah?s somewhat like the Zeltron character from Coruscant Nights: Patterns of the Force, Dejah Duare, in that may have initially been drawn to Cade by the Force power that she can sense in Cade, but doesn?t realize what it is until he?s exposed as an ex-Jedi Skywalker. Dejah?s mesmerized by her sensing of the Force to the point where she gets killed by it; Deliah might also be unconsciously addicted to it because of Cade. Staying with Cade is definitely not a rational decision! :p

Darth Wyrlokk?s daughter Saari looks as though she?s going to be an interesting character, especially since the situation in One Sith now appears to mirror that of Roan Fel and his daughter Marasiah. Still, demonstrating how über tough a youngster is by having her defeat a more experienced opponent is getting really old (i.e. Darth Talon vs. Wolf Saazen, Darth Krayt vs. Cade, etc.). I don?t think she defeated Stryfe because she?s more powerful ? just that she kept her cool and he didn?t (see Obi-Wan vs. Anakin on Mustafar).

Overall, I?d say that #34 proves that women ought to be in charge because the men sure make a mess of things. ;)

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Wait, wait, wait? Dejah dies???? I haven?t finished that book yet. NOOOOOOO!!!!! :_|:_|:_| Why do they kill off all the interesting female characters? WHY?!? :mad:

I?m so SAD now? :(

But yeah, her uncharacteristic attachment to her late partner was mentioned as being un-Zeltron-like.

Back to Legacy:
    The make-out session in Issue 29.

It?s okay, man. Nobody is going to persecute you for your opinion here. We?re all entitled. :) But to answer your question: I, uh, personally do not feel that way, however I am sure that there are people who do. [face_peace]

Musing: I pretty much agree with everything you just said. How often does that happen? [face_laugh] ;)

RE: Cade/Deliah ? we discussed this over in the EUC thread, but there has got to be something more to them than her just crushing on him and him getting high off her pheromones. Or maybe not. Maybe the sex is just that good. :p

Amen! It would seem that Azlyn, Deliah and Droo are the only ones with their heads screwed on straight. :oops:

11. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Oops. Sorry, Jedi Trace - I didn't mean to be a spoilsport. :(

Hmmm. [face_thinking] Did we ever agree on anything? I can't recall. :p

I'm still leaning towards that it's an addiction of sorts. Look at what happens each time Deliah's separated from Cade - she gets all grouchy and irritable (withdrawal symptoms), but during those separations, she's able to think more clearly about the situation.

J&J hasn't dealt with the subject in detail yet, but I can't help but think that the bond that Cade created via his Force healing of her from the Vong implants may be a factor in why he's driving her crazy. Since she's not Force sensitive and doesn't know much about the Force, Cade might be unconsciously influencing Deliah without her realizing it. It might also explain why Jeriah now doesn't seem to have any trouble accepting Cade back as his brother despite Cade's Jedi past. If that's the case, boy, is there ever going to be a blow up! [face_mischief]

I'm looking forward to the one that likely going to happen in #35. And I'll bet you are too, aren't you. Jedi Trace?

12. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    LOL. You're totally entitled, but I have to join Trace in casting a vote in favor of Cade's hotness. He's not even my usual type, not by a long shot, but the boy is fine. :cool:

More on the actual issue when I have some time, but it just had to be said. :p

13. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    I go for blonde boys, so yeah, he's not bad ;)

The drug addiction thing is kind of a deal-breaker, though. As is his tendency to get "distracted"

Not to mention his general overabundance of drama!

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Musing: Oops. Sorry, Jedi Trace - I didn't mean to be a spoilsport.

It?s okay. I got into that series late.

Hmmm. Did we ever agree on anything? I can't recall.

Nope, I think this is a first. ;)

I'm looking forward to the one that likely going to happen in #35. And I'll bet you are too, aren't you. Jedi Trace?

I?m uh?apprehensive. [face_worried] I think Cade is about to act a fool, moreso than usual, and he?s either going to grow up a little or go completely over the edge. The solicit for the June issue kinda spoils it, though, but I can?t even begin to imagine how we?re going to get from here to there in only two more issues.

Gabri: We should probably wait a bit before introducing him to the Brigade. [face_mischief]

karebear: general overabundance of drama

I like that description! [face_laugh]

I?ve posted this over in EUC and Lit, but if anyone?s interested I've uploaded some pics from MidSouthCon here, mostly of my Fan Force and the SW guests (John O., JJM, and Dean Zachary.) Click the "slideshow" button at the top right and it'll take you through with descriptions, etc.

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Thats cool Jedi Trace:D John doesn't at all look how I envisioned him, strange how that always works out.

And Cade is an ugly being, perhaps not by appearance alone but by personality and actions. Of course I'm not qualified to comment on his butt............:p

16. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Boys and Girls, it's time for a new writing challenge: The Legacy Spring Holidays Challenge!

The rules are simple. Tell us a tale involving at least one Legacy character and at least one child (The Legacy character may be the child, if you wish.)

Include the following words and phrases:

- word: bunny
    - word: eggs
    - word: resurrection
    - phrase: "Why is this night different from all other nights?"
    - phrase: "spring forward, fall back"

Have fun!

17. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    It was SO cool! I can't even describe how awesome he is or how much fun we had. :D I wish you all could have been there. (And yeah, I made a point of watching the video interview with him and Jan at NYCC a couple of times so I'd be able to recognize him and flag him down at the airport, lol.)

Ooohhhh..... [face_thinking]

Hoojibs. This calls for hoojibs. [face_mischief]

18. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002

Totally does!

19. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/d/d1/Hoojib.jpg/89px-Hoojib.jpg]

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/03/Fuffle.jpg]

HOOJIBS!

20. Amaryth

Amaryth Jedi Knight

Jul 6, 2008
    Hmmm...I think I already know the answer to this one, but I'll give it a shot anyway - Do the phrases have to be used word-for-word, or can we tweak them slightly (e.g. "spring forward, then fall back")? I have an idea, but I'm still not sure how I can work that one in as it is.

21. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Tweak away!

We look forward to your entry :)

22. MJBegg007

Mar 8, 2009
    Hoorah! I finally got around to purchasing #34... and I have to say I was rather disappointed.

Of course the whole Azlen scenario they've got going gives me the sh#*s! They actually ruined the one aspect of Cade that I liked (that being his potential relationship with Azlen). They just threw it out the window. Thanks mate...:mad:

And no Imperial Knights??? Yes, I realise they had no place in the issue, but still!

I guess I can just hope that #35 brings it around for me - but that's looking doubtful, isn't it!

23. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm not real high on #34 myself, though R2-D2 flipping a pancake was pretty darn awesome:D

I just get tierd of feeling like I'm suppost to look toward Cade as a hero, when in my eyes he clearly isn't.

And I liked the new Sith hottie but Stryfe getting owned by a diminuative girl just destroys his character, not that there was lots of character there to begin with:p

Anyway I never bought into Talon's sexiness but I think this Saarai has caught my eye.[face_love]

I'm very interested to see how the Moff's react to Wryylok securing the Throne, or even Nihl for that matter. Veed can't be that dense, he's not a brain washed One Sith, so he wont buy into this "Krayt's in a healing stasis" junk:p

And I wonder if the Jedi will get off their butts now that Krayt is "dead", or if that will just give them more to meditate about. K'Kruhk hasn't survived for all these years by taking risks[face_devil]

24. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I hate posting on a thread like this when I don't have time to properly address things (hence my rare appearances :p ), but if I may pop in just on this issue for a moment: I think this is a common misconception about Legacy. I don't think we're supposed to look toward Cade as a hero. I think we're just supposed to look at him as Cade. Just because a character happens to be a story's main protagonist doesn't make him or her a hero. I think that John and Jan are asking us to follow a character who may or may not ever become a hero, and hopefully enjoy the ride even if he is messed up something fierce.

Granted, it's only my opinion, but that's how I look at it. And personally, I kind of like my protagonists messed up. It's one of the reasons I'm an L/Mer. :p

25. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Exactly. Cade = Protagonist. Protagonist != Hero, necessarily.

Besides which, heros with flaws are more interesting. Superman = booooooooring. Han Solo = exciting. YMMV.

Part of the fun of Cade is seeing which side of the fence he jumps on in which situation. Classic white-hat heros always stay on the right side of the fence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.