main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index LEGACY Comics Index and Discussion ~~The End Of An Era~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Legacy_Index, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    This issue did NOT turn out like I expected. Which is what makes this series so awesome ? it?s not predictable. :cool: (And it was way better than I was expecting!)

What I liked:

We?re finally seeing the fall-out from VECTOR throughout the galaxy. I?m actually looking forward to next month?s fleet junkie issue to see more of what?s up on the non-Cade front.

The art. Jan always rocks it, but she rocked it hard this issue!!! =D=

Ahnah, Azlyn and Jariah. The three of them stole the show in their pwning of Cade. Jariah is a given, but I really hope we see more of the ladies in the future. (And if Ahnah takes Jariah back, she?d better get to kick his ass from one end of the galaxy to the other first.)

Ganner. [face_love]

What I didn't like:

Cade. I mean, he was in character and well-written, but I was hoping he?d catch more of a clue than he did. On the other hand, his actions and progression were completely organic and necessary, it?s just exhausting to watch someone who is so dense and stubborn. John O. talked about stripping characters down to their core in his writing class and he. wasn?t. kidding. How much further has this guy got to be stripped before he grows up?

Deliah. Now, I like that she stands by her man. I do. It?s the best thing about their relationship. But I really wish she hadn?t intervened and stopped Azlyn from beating the snot out of Cade because he totally had it coming. Totally.

2. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006

Yup, Cade has a beat-down coming, but the grip Azlyn had on him was more lethal than the beating he deserves. It was quite... Vader-esque... and Cade wasn't really fighting it when we know he could have gotten free. I think that's why Deliah stepped in, because Cade's life was in danger. You'll note that she didn't try to stop him from going out and beating heads together with Jariah. She may not be happy with him sometimes, but she doesn't want him dead. I think if Azlyn was going to toss a few punchs and kicks, Deliah wouldn't have been so fast to stop it. However, Azlyn had Cade by the throat.

I just want to know how bad it has to get before Cade hits bottom? Is his only friend and ally going to be R2-D2 before he gets it together?

3. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Thanks for the reminder! I?ll be dropping by my shop on the way to see Hugh Jackman. And some, I dunno, ?Wolverine? movie :p , but mostly Hugh Jackman, baybee! [face_love]

Huh. Y?know?I didn?t read it that way. I thought she just had him pinned against the column, but I went back and re-read it and I can see what you?re saying. If she was just holding him there, no biggie. But if she was choking him or doing something Vader-esque ? which the expression on his face could certainly indicate - then Deliah would have felt his distress? [face_thinking]

It makes sense. We?ve seen her lose her **** before and I?m not in the Azlyn?s-gonna-go-dark camp, but wanting to hurt Cade would be a natural reaction. I?m glad that Legacy doesn?t use sound effects, but this is one time when a gurgle from Cade could have clarified the scene, LOL.

If even that. I don?t think Artoo likes him, either.

4. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    I agree - I think his purpose in accompanying Cade is not as a mechanic, but as a means for the Jedi to keep tabs on him. K'Kruhk mentioned his concerns about Cade to Wolf during the Ghosts arc. And Artoo took independent action in letting Shado and the Imperial Knights on board the Mynock without its crew's knowledge while they were at the Hidden Temple.

5. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    I find it interesting that Droo says that the Healer's most basic rule is that healing/life can't be imposed. Phrased that way, it seems like a fundamental difference from the way health care works on our Earth (or modern America, at least). I know the rules differ wildly from place to place, but it seems like there are a lot of hoops to jump through in many cases where the patient's wish is to "pull the plug". On the other hand, it could just be a simple matter of Azlyn had essentially signed a DNR, and then Cade lied about it.

6. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I have mixed feelings about that situation. I mean, I understand why Bantha and Droo made the decision they did - she's awfully young to give up on - and I'm pretty sure that if Droo had been able to heal her she wouldn't be complaining about being alive.

Yeah, Cade was bad and Bantha and Droo should have researched the situation a little deeper before basing their actions on the words of a guy who was yellow-eyed, burned-out and heavily-biased with a history of not making the smartest decisions :p - BUT, the silver lining is that she's still a character in play with potential for all kinds of drama in the future and maybe even healing.

The solicits for the four part "Tatooine" arc (June-September) are all out now:

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWLegacy37.jpg]
    #37 - Tatooine part 1 of 4

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWLegacy38.jpg]
    #38 - Tatooine part 2 of 4

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWLegacy39.jpg]
    #39 - Tatooine part 3 of 4

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWLegacy40.jpg]
    #40 - Tatooine part 4 of 4

On the covers, we've got Cade with his half(?) sister, g-g-grandfather, and Mommie Dearest; and we assume he'll be meeting Mom and Sis for the very first time. With weapons drawn. Talk about a family reunion. [face_mischief] I seriously cannot wait!! :D

7. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Me, too. [face_dancing]

Although, in my case, a lot of the anticipation might be to see whether Morrigan will actually be dressed so...conservatively. [face_whistling] :D

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    *Sigh*..another Cade-centric arc......I'll struggle through somehow:p

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Out today!!!

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/400/15/15977.jpg]

[image=http://www.animationplayhouse.com/creatures_015.gif]

Will Deliah work for you? cuz she's got new clothes... [face_mischief] My husband may build a shrine to Jan... [face_laugh]

It's only HALF about Cade, if that helps. And even his friends are wary of him... ;)

10. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    To which outfit were you referring? My favorite is the one where she's wrapped up like a mummy. [face_laugh]

In all seriousness, I'm hoping that isn't all we get to see of the Imperial Mission. I'd like to know what Konrad Rus and Astraal Vao's been doing.

11. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I admit I'm optimistic for this arc since Cade's friends are starting to get the picture. I'll go pick up the issue tomorow.:)

12. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Hey guys! I just want to give a shout out to all our awards nominees this year! This is the first year that Legacy comic-centric fics have had a presence in the awards, so High Fives all around!! =D= [:D]

This one:

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/Legacy%20pics/37a.jpg]

;)

Poor Blue! [face_laugh] (I bet the "mummy" outfit would actually be really neat to make as a costume, though.)

But yeah, it'd be great to see Astraal, especially, again. :D We haven't heard much about the Imperial Mission lately and I've always wondered exactly what was going there and what side are they really on... o_O

Soooooo, it looks like Cade and Gunn will be meeting on Tatooine in the next issue. A general assumption over in Lit seems to be that they will find out that they have the same mother, but I'm not so sure. I mean, who's going to tell them? I'm guessing Morrigan is the only one who knows and I doubt that she'll out her sooper seekrit identity to Gunn... [face_thinking] What do y'all think?

13. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    I figure that some sort of reveal is going to happen - maybe that Morrigan's secret relationship with Kol Skywalker wasn't as secret as she thought it was. Gromia might know about it - I mean, Morrigan was out in the field for two years, and Imperial Intelligence didn't have someone secretly investigate to find out what she was doing? I'm still wondering what her excuse to Veed was for her absence as Nyna when she was trying to get Cade out of the Sith temple as Morrigan.

Gunn might find out that Morrigan is Cade's mother, but not necessarily that Morrigan is also her own mother Nyna. Morrigan/Nyna seems to have spent very little time with Gunn, judging from Gunn's comments, so Gunn may not know Nyna well enough to recognize in her guise as Morrigan.

Of course, the big secret coming to light might be Nyna/Morrigan's third identity. ;) My personal theory is that she's actually a Hapan double agent tasked to keep the GA and the Empire from interfering with the Hapan Consortium. Remember when she first showed up in pursuit of Cade, she steered Sith agent Jon Torlin away from the idea that Cade might have gone to Hapes? And look at her skills in manipulating men! :D It would certainly add a new dimension to her in terms of where her true loyalties lie.

14. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002

Agreed, on both counts. Gunner is smart but not that smart, and I don't think there's a single living soul (other than us readers of course ;)) who know that Morrigan and Nyna are the same person. (Those who watch NCIS will recognize this strategy as Gibbs rule #4 - The best way to keep a secret = Keep it to yourself.)

And now I'm off to the comic shop to pick up my copy of #37 so I can more fully participate in conversation :)

15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Apparently, Gromia has something on Morrigan. I doubt she knows that she's Nyna or she would have already exploited that information for her own career advancement, but it would be VERY possible for her to know about a former agent having a secret marriage/baby. [face_thinking]

That's kind of what I'm thinking.

Have you gotten it yet?? My inner Syn/Blue shipper squealed. [face_blush] [face_mischief]

Preview for #38 is up! Let the speculation begin. :p

16. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002

OMG yes! It made my day! :D

17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Timeline question.........

So the Sith assualt on Ossus was in 130 ABY and Legacy proper is in 137 ABY. The battle of Camaas looks to be in roughly 129 ABY, thus thats when the GA ceased to be.

Do we know exactly when war broke out between the GA and Empire over the Vongforming issue? Do we know exactly when the Vong Terrforming began?

I've been looking though the comics tonight and can't find what amounts to a solid answer though I hope the Legacy Era Campaign Guide might contain this information, but I don't have this available in my own personal library. I also might have simply missed this in the comics as well.

I also glanced at the Wook but was scared off due to a few incorrect points I found in the Legacy Era Vong/Jedi articles. So if anyone knows please let me know, if not I'm going to drop into the book shop tomorrow and take a peak at that Campaign guide to see if it sheds any light on my question.

Thanks,
    Rob

18. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Do we know exactly when war broke out between the GA and Empire over the Vongforming issue? Do we know exactly when the Vong Terrforming began?

I'm terrible at Timeline stuff, but I don't remember any specific dates being mentioned. Maybe one of the guys in Lit would know?

TNPredsFan has my copy of the Campaign Guide. I'll see if I can get it back from her this weekend.

19. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, but that wouldn't make for a very good thread in Lit:p

I forgot to stop today and look at the book shop, maybe tomorrow. No rush getting youy book back Trace, I'll figure it out. I might even still have Sinre on speed PM:D

Thanks,
    Rob

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
  21. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    We're all hoping and keeping our fingers crossed for John. Get well soon :)

As to my timeline question the LESB puts it loosely like this.

127-130 ABY Sith-Imperial War(why its called that I'm not sure)
    130-136 ABY Rise of the Sith

So extrapolating a little we have:

127-128 ABY: War Between the GA and Empire after the Vong Formers get framed
    129 ABY: War ends with the Empire's victory at Camaas
    130 ABY: The Assualt of Ossus/Krayt takes the Throne
    130 ABY-136 ABY: The Sith consolidate their power alongside Veed
    137 ABY: Fel retakes Bastion after years of plotting and recruiting those loyal to his cause. And of course Cade's stuff too:p

22. Edgeorge

Edgeorge Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2008
    In the SW universe pretty much everybody had his own campaign- Thrawn, Palpatine, the Rebellion, Luke etc. So I thought hey, why shouldn't I start my own campaign to conquer-not the galaxy- but the writters' minds.

*****Krayt Reborn Campaign*****
    1. Where you upset that they killed Krayt?
    2. Did you think that Wyyrlokk isn't good enough?
    3. Do you think Wyyrlokk's Armor ain't good enough?
    4. Do you want Krayt back?

All you have to do is join my campaign and if this campaign reaches Ostrander or Duuresma, then we could get Krayt back!
    We support the following:

1. Krayt should still be alive and be brought back to kick some Jedi butt!
    2. I liked Krayt because of his armor and helmet and stuff. Could you please use this:
    "Wyyrlokk has always looked up to Krayt, and now that he practically leads the Empire (and formally I guess in the future) and the Sith are not inspired by him (Wyyrlokk) and miss Krayt, also suspecting him for the murder of Krayt. So in a bold attempt to fully win the respect and the position of the Dragon, he wields Krayt's armor (or at least parts of it to resemble the Dread Lord, at least the helmet or perphaps even getting the Vong implants Krayt had in order to resemble him more and show how much the Sith order and the Empire mean to him) and renames himself into Darth Krayt II. Okay maybe the renaming was too much but at least the armor would ROCK as a story and a concept.

If you like my ideas plz reply.
    "Join me, and together, we will change Legacy as Fan and...uhm, fan."

PS:paradon my conquesting tension. I just like using words like "I, campaign, conquest, rule" etc

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Robimus: That sounds about right. [face_peace]

Edgeorge: I doubt campaigning will change their minds, but there's still a contingent of fans who don't believe he's really dead. ;)

LOOKIT! Announced at SDCC:

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/TNPredsFan/Message%20Boards/70.jpg]

Blue and Jarael!!! [face_dancing]

24. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I want a Stormtrooper with a removable helmet with John Ostrander's image underneath. :)

What?:p McQuarrie got one, Lucas got one, Ahmed Best got one, Anthony Daniels got one, Jeremy Bulloch is getting one. Why not John?

25. Legacy_Index

Legacy_Index Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2007
    < - Points to icon. Check it out! It's "Jan." :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.