main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index LEGACY Comics Index and Discussion ~~The End Of An Era~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Legacy_Index, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
  2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, my! Syn sure knows a good woman when he sees one. [face_laugh]

3. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm working on a fic and have a question: When did the Empire align with the Sith? Would they have been in cahoots back when Morrigan was an Imperial agent?

4. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    I would tend to say no, since they didn't bother hitting the Jedi Temple at Ossus until fourteen years after Cade was born. I mean, they might have been allied without it being common knowledge, a la Palpatine.... Of course, I really don't think they ever specifically said, so I'm completely making this up.

5. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Syn and Morrigan... the horror! THE HORROR!!! [face_laugh]

By the way, didn't anybody see my fanfic on the twin Horns?

6. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    Hmm. . . favorite character, I'd have to say Cade. He has a lot of potential and he has issues to work through. Given the amount of power he has I think that he'll complete his training, albeit reluctantly. I'm waiting to see where the comics take him because I find him intriguing.

I also like Sia, she's very interesting and obviously a descendant of a Solo, I mean how many people do you know who say "I love you" to you and you reply with "I know." I find her character interesting and I hope they go into the backstory of her family.

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm reading it :D

btw I've a pre-Legacy plot bunny if anyone wants it:

Title: The Prodigal Daughter
    Summary: Ben never had any sons and the reason Kol and Cade carried the name was because Ben's daughter was quite the rebel. The 16-year-old girl thought that the Jedi life was rather bland and restrictive, so she took what inheritance she could from her mother's side of the family and took off on her own, living the life of the party until the fortunes ran out. Gangsters, guys, spice, crime, she had it all. During the entire time, her Jedi friend attempted to bring her back home, but she refused to listen, saying that the other girl didn't know what fun she's having. Then, alone, addicted to spice, and pregnant, she realized that the Jedi were her true friends and eventually, as in after a very long time, she finally agreed to return to Ossus. Much to her surprise, Ben welcomed her back warmly. Ashamed of all she's done, she thinks of ending the pregnancy, but Ben talked her out of that and eventually into raising the kid. But she didn't get to do that because the spices and the efforts made to keep the child clean from the said spices took such a heavy toll on her that she died soon after Kol's born. The fic either starts or ends with the girl's ghost watching over a much older version of her son, commenting on how he's as responsible and polite as she should've been at that age and lamenting how he sorta became Ben's son in the public eye because she couldn't be there.

Names are up to you.

8. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Wow, that's a pretty sweet idea SilSolo.

My local comic shop says #17 is delayed. :(

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Release date for 17 has been pushed back another week to Nov. 7.

*pout*

*kicks sand*

I'm starting to shake from DTs....

10. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Love the idea you made, SilSolo. And thanks for reading my fanfic. :)

But I'm upset that #17 is moved to Nov. 7! Why?! Cade looked so hot and scary on the front cover, which would've made a great mix with Halloween. Oh well. I had a great Halloween though!

11. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Unfortunately, delays are part of comics. Just look at what happened with Dark Times. My dad, an avid comic reader since the dawn of time, has seen favorite series delayed for up to a year. In the grand scheme of things, a week isn't that long to wait.

12. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    True that, karebear214. True that. By the way, I posted my other chapter of the Horns today! :D

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    This is making me realize how spoiled I've been. [face_blush] I'm brand new to comics and didn't get into Legacy until this summer after we picked up a copy of Broken at C 4. (rhonderoo dragged me over to Jan Duursema's booth to get it signed and I had no IDEA who she was. :oops: ) After reading Broken, I went to the comic shop and got issues 8-13 all at once and then 14, 15 & 16 all came out on time. # 17 was originally slated for Oct. 17th, so this is the first delay that nOOb here has weathered. :_| 8-}

[face_idea] We need more Legacy fan fic to fill the gaps. Anybody got a challenge idea?

14. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Suggestions for a challenge:

Cade and Darth Vader have a 'discussion'

Roan Fel finds out his daughter is dating an Imperial knight.

Darth Krayt has a bad day

Cade comes across a holocron of his father

Jedi vs Imperial Knights - who would win? And it doesn't have to be lightsabers either. It could be sabaac or love or podracing.

This universe is wide open.

Cade's certainly hard to write, imo. I can't decide whether he's a good guy, a bad guy or someone who's so broken he doesn't know what to do when presented with good/bad choices.

15. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Hey, guys!

I just made a new fic on Cade! It's called "Arms Wide Open". It's a songfic. Hope you guys enjoy it! :)

16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Awesome ideas, diane! :D I?ll get a challenge posted this week.

The Index has been updated with Arms Wide Open (Cade, Deliah, & co.) and Leading Lines (Kol, Morrigan.)

Oh, happy, happy week: # 17 is officially on Diamond's shipping list for this Wed. [face_dancing] The Lit forum thread is here and Jan said we ?ain?t seen nothin? yet??

*dies*

17. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Oh yay! New issue this week AND a challenge! By the way, Jedi Trace I read Leading Lines and loved it, and it inspired me to make this week's drabble set centered around Morrigan and Kol. I should have them posted later tonight.

UPDATE: Week 7 Drabbles completed!

18. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    My wallet's going to take a hit this Wednesday with all the comics coming out. 3 Star Wars and a Groo.

And did I hear challenge?

19. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    I got a look at issue #17 - and it isn't Morrigan & Jeriah who hit the sack... :eek:

Here's a hint - Sith training apparently involves a lot more than just fighting & Force usage. ;)

20. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Issue #17 is finally here! And how! I just read it and I think it was worth the wait.

Quick reminder to keep spoilers HTR until the 14th for those readers who can't get to the comic store right away.

My favorite line: "She's Cade's Mom! And she's really old!" Cracked me up.

There was much awesome in this issue. I loved the artwork, as always, particularly in the fight scene.

I'm curious - how many people think Cade is faking? How many think he already is/will shortly be over that line to the dark side? Irredeemably?

And what about that kiss? Who saw it coming? Does it bother anyone? Anyone think it's a good thing?

21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I won't be getting the comic for a couple of weeks. However, I always thought Cade was faking it. Whether he can continue to do that remains to be seen.

And spoil me, Who's in the sack?

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I only have a sec to post right now, but HOLY #@*^!!! :eek:

The whole thing is just...WOW!

Cade and Darth Talon. That lucky shutta. I can't decide if it's icky or hawt, LOL.

23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Icky and hot? Both! :p

24. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I got the issue, and read it yesterday. It was AWESOME!! And boy, was I shocked that Cade kissed Talon! NOOOOO!! You son of a Murglak, Talon!

:eek:

25. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    QFT!!! I'm having to go back and read in sections just to soak it all in. =D=

My favorite parts:

Morrigan in Sith garb, just bustin' up into the Sith temple like she owns the place. :cool: And she looks da bomb in red & black, LOL.

The look on Kee's face when the bugs finally find Cade and he's making out with Talon. "Guess we found him, huh?" Priceless! [face_laugh]

And then Deliah's reaction. I feel bad for her. I mean, if it wasn't for her insisting that they stay and rescue Cade, Syn would've been long gone.

Well, he's certainly taking the "whatever works" mentality to heart. I think he is trying to play the role without completely converting since Talon tells Krayt that he's a "liar" and "only pretending" after their little romp in the sack. (Makes you wonder if she sensed that during...you know. o_O) I can't even begin to imagine how it's gonna play out, but I hope he doesn't go completely Sith. (The cover of 19 with him fighting Krayt is a good sign, maybe.)

I can't say it surprised me too much, although I did have a Nuh-UH!!1! :eek: moment the first time I saw that panel, LOL. They did have a bit of chemistry during the whole hurt/healing scene in # 16. I was a little surprised to see them go all the way and to see it portrayed so...what's the word? - gently; but you'll never hear me complain about any opportunity to see Cade wearing nothing but a sheet.[face_blush] [face_laugh]

Is it a good thing? Doubt it, especially since his mom and friends all saw it and he can't pretend it didn't happen. Unless Talon somehow is charmed into helping him, but I really don't see that happening.

I think I've decided it's pretty damn hot. [face_mischief] HE looks hot, at least.

Oh, and karebear: LOVED your Kol/Morrigan drabbles!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.