main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index LEGACY Comics Index and Discussion ~~The End Of An Era~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Legacy_Index, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    She really, really does!

Agreed!

Thank you! :D I work in a kid's portrait studio, and last week a couple brought in their 3-day old baby girl, and just being close to her was so awe-inspiring, I knew I had to write about it in some way, shape, or form. And I can only imagine the effect is a million times stronger if it's your own kid. Especially if you're Force-sensitive.

I just read the issue again, and I must say I'm waiting for Deliah to throw down with Morrigan. The look on her face every time they're in the same room looks downright dangerous.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I know! And especially now. Deliah?s gonna be impossible to live with. ?We gotta get to the Sith Temple NOOOOWW!!1!!1? They may have to sedate her with her own wrist darts, LOL.

I?m confused about the ending of # 17: Did Shado and Sazen and all them get blown up? Or is it supposed to be ambiguous?

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've got through #16, and the comic book store will hold the next one for me until I get there. Reading all of this has convinced me that I need to get caught up. NOW.

4. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    I was just curious, with Vector coming up, how many Legacy readers already read or plan to start reading the other comics involved (KOTOR, Dark Times, and Rebellion)?

What about comics in general? Anyone here a fan of DC and/or Marvel? Other Dark Horse publications? Manga?

Exactly how much of your income does the local comic store gobble up? ;)

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm generally not a comic book fan. I've bought the Tales just for fun and the Clone War series only because that and the books overlapped.

This series has me hooked on it but I doubt if I'll read any of the others. My kids read manga - devour several of the series but I never got interested in it.

6. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Yes, you should. It's getting intense! [face_hypnotized] I don't know about anybody else, but the suspense is killing me. [face_blush]

*raises hand* Me! :D

I've read the first 2 trades of KOTOR & am waiting for the 3rd to catch up for Vector. Still need to figure out what I need to buy to catch up on the other two.

Star Wars is my only fandom and I didn't read comics until Legacy, so that's about it for me. And my comic shop/Dark Horse is getting a helluva lot more of my money than the bookstore/Del Rey is nowadays. :cool:

7. Legacy_Index

Legacy_Index Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2007
    Let's get the ball rolling with our first Challenge. :D

FANFIC CHALLENGE #1

** Family Ties **

Write a fic centered around a familial relationship, such as parent/child or brother/sister, using canon Legacy characters. For example:

Kol/Morrigan/Cade
    Roan/Marasiah
    Shado/Astraal
    Yage family

or any others - those are just the ones that came to mind right away. Can be any genre or length, but must contain the words: torrid, intricacy, virulence and devotion.

Put "Legacy Challenge #1" in the title and post a link here. And have fun!
    [face_cowboy]

Challenge responses will be listed after the Index. (For now, unless we think of a better place to put them, lol.)

8. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Is the Twin Horn descendants of Corran okay or no? Just curious...

9. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002

Not for this particular challenge, it looks like, since it specifically mentions canon characters.

10. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Really? *sighs* Oh well... that's okay. Thanks for telling me.

11. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Follow-Up Question: How did you get started reading comics? To those of you who only read Legacy - why this one? Was it because, like me, a friend kept conveniently leaving issues on your coffee table in a subtle hint that Star Wars comics could in fact be really good, maybe even better than other comics? (Incidentally, she was right. Since I stared reading Legacy I've pretty much stopped following DC and Marvel. They just can't hold my attention like Legacy can!) Perhaps, like Deliah, you simply think Cade is dreamy, and a fellow reader has clued you in to the number of times he appears shirtless in this series?

12. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I had a friend who couldn't stop raving about Legacy. So next time I went to the comic book store (for my kids who are into manga), I looked at #0 and 1, read them in the store, bought them and have been hooked ever since. I now have the bound copy of 1-6, signed by John and Jan at CIV. [face_love] I also have all of the other ones, sometimes in multiples since I can't always wait for the comic book place I order them from to get them to me fast enough.

I must say that I did buy the Clone Wars comics for filling in the spaces between the books but I found the John and Jan ones of that series the best as well. I just love their storytelling and art.

13. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    When I was searching through the Star Wars site, something about Legacy came up. I checked it out, and I thought, "Okay, this might be interesting. I'll check it out." So, when I got #1 (because I missed #0) I was amazed by it. So I planned to collect all the issues. Now I've got 1-17, so yeah... :D What can I say? I love to collect comic books. And I must say that Jan and John are doing a wonderful job on Legacy. Keep up the good work!

14. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Eeeek hi! I've been fiddling with a Nei Rin bunny for the past week (songs from the Wicked Musical stuck in my head). Indeed, Legacy is my favorite written-word soap opera of the season. I admit I only got into Legacy after finding out the Yuuzhan Vong were in it, that's me XP

Does it count if I write a character with an almost-sister? Like schoolmates, or creche siblings? I was thinking of Vongerella and Nei Rin and how their stories might connect...

I wonder if there's a Kaleesh imperial knight, although those have been dropped into the background. I mean, Kalee is in relative proximity to Bastion, and is in Imperial Space (or just outside).

And yeah I made some speculation on Talon on the other thread about #17. Bookstore doesn't stock it D:

15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I had tried to read SW comics before and either couldn?t follow them or they didn?t hold my interest. Legacy is the first series that sucked me into the story line.

LOL! I wasn?t really a Cade fan until Sazen smacked his emo arse down in # 12. The ?You think so little of me, Master,? scene endeared me to him as a guy who knows he?s messed up but, deep down inside, isn?t a bad person. [face_love]

Re: being shirtless - to quote a friend of mine - ?And the congregation said, ?Amen!?? (Syn be lookin? pretty good, too. =P~ *fangurl bow to the eye candy in issue # 15* )

Welcome! :D I absolutely LOVE how the Yuuzhan Vong have been incorporated into Legacy. I totally look forward to seeing more of them and, from reading the # 17 thread over on the Dark Horse board, it appears that may happen in the next issue.

Nei Rin is a canon character, so I s?pose that would count. [face_peace]

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I finished reading through #13 and will complete the rest of my reading ASAP. Cade is just as fascinating as his ancestors and I'm loving the new cast of characters. Deliah and co. are wonderful!

I collect all of the SW comics, but I must say that Legacy is one of my favorites. :)

17. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Oooh, you're about to start the "Claws of the Dragon" arc. [face_devil] Better fasten your seatbelt! [face_mischief]

:D [:D]

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Great! I've got to work tonight and you're taunting me. :p

Nice... [face_shame_on_you]

:D

19. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Claws of the Dragon ... you're in for a bumpy ride!

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_mischief]

For those of you who've read # 17, what's your take on Morrigan?

The fact that she didn't confront Cade on Ossus when she had the chance makes her involvement in his rescue plausible, but I was really surprised when she told Jariah that she would kill Cade (or be killed herself) if he has become a Sith. (The line: "I die or he does" seemed kinda ominous to me. [face_worried] )

After being MIA in his life for 20-ish years, those are awfully strong words. I can understand her wanting to save him, but to make a vow to disown and outright kill him.... Do ya think she just hates Sith in general that much? Does she have some lingering feelings/attachments/sentiments from her years with Kol?

Or is she ultimately loyal to the Empire and will turn on Cade/Syn/Blue to fulfill her mission as assigned by Veed? (to get Cade out of the Sith Temple or kill him)

Anybody think she truly is "eminently expendable"?

21. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    I kinda saw it as her, as a mother, thinking that she would rather her child be dead than be a Sith (I took Sith to mean demonstrably evil beyond saving, not just a political affiliation)

22. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I think that she'd been around Kol long enough to know that he'd never want his child to become Sith. She's probably also seen how much destruction the Sith are capable of and how they seem to hate everything, going out of their way to maim, torture and kill. I don't think she'd want that for her child.

23. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I think she knows what damage an evil Skywalker can do and what he can inflict on the galaxy and she wants to stop him, but then she must know what the Imperials want from Cade as well and what danger there is there. There are so many people who want Cade for their own gains but I think since she is so close to the skywalker line she understands just how dangerous this is for Cade and the galaxy.

24. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Morrigan, "expendable"? Nah! At least I hope not. She rocks far too much as a character.

And, actually, yeah, I do think she hates the Sith that much. She was very strongly attached to Kol, and thus, by default, to the Jedi, but I think even more importantly than that, she was loyal to the pre-Sith Empire, and then the Sith came along and destroyed everything she fought for.

25. Legacy_Index

Legacy_Index Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.