main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index LEGACY Comics Index and Discussion ~~The End Of An Era~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Legacy_Index, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Just a quick note. Can people include the colour tag when highlighting spoilers? The text colour is not black by default and spoilers are clearly visible. Thanks. :)

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've got my challenge written and ready to post. Now I just have to be patient. :p I HATE being patient. :mad:

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    And why do you have to be patient???

4. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I have two stories on the first page of Beyond and I don't like to post another story if more than one is up on the page. I've done it, but only when I get desperate and simply MUST post. I'm trying to convince myself that being patient is a virtue.

[face_plain]

5. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    On the other hand, one of them is a pretty old story.... :p

I guess you could wait until the next couple of days. I figure it will be slow around here since it's still that NaNo month and Thanksgiving in the US.

Edit: Oops wrong board. LOL. I meant the Saga board buty you meant the Beyond board. You have so many stories, you wretch! I'm envious. :p

I was just rereading #17. It's so good. I can't wait to see what happens next.

6. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Oh, and by the way, I made a new story. It's called A Father's Story.

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm inclined to agree with y'all about Morrigan. Since she knew Cade's ship and friends so well, maybe she's been watching him from a distance for all these years - which makes you wonder what she thought when she got called out of retirement to kill him, LOL. ([face_idea] It was Kol working from the Force. Had to be! [face_laugh] )

We're out of the spoiler period for 17 now, but yeah - hl=black doesn't always work when they change the style sheets.

I just checked Beyond and you're all clear...kid. ;) (Couldn't help it, LOL!)

I know! I honestly can't remember the last time I was so excited for new releases. [face_blush]

Cool! Is it for the "Family Ties" challenge or just a stand-alone? And Happy Thanksgiving to you, too. :D

I've seen Hananiah and SkywalkerShine over there - is anyone else reading the discussion in Jan's thread about Blue's lipstick and hair color? [face_batting] [face_laugh]

8. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I guess it's like a stand alone. Because it's with Cade and his son Zane.

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, my challenge is up! It features Morrigan and Cade.

Shattered

10. Legacy_Index

Legacy_Index Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2007
    The general Index and Challenge Index have both been updated. (I moved the Challenge Index to the second post. We'll see how that works. ;))

Also, I've added a new NOTE TO AUTHORS at the bottom of the first post. Just some housekeeping-type-stuff. Be sure to check it out. [face_peace]

~Trace

11. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
  12. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    They were great, Trace. I especially liked the first one!

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
  14. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Those icons are great, Trace!! =D= Any chance they'll be available here soon?

15. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Great icons, Trace! Love the preview too! :D

16. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    You know, I had a dream. I dreamt that I saw Cade walking and talking with Force ghost Luke in a Holiday Special. I was like 'What the heck?' And I heard their voices too! But I just wanted to tell you all that. :D

17. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002

*blink* Well, I've got a scene between the two of them in the Holiday Challenge response I'm working on. Is that close enough?

18. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Oh, I dunno. But it sounds interesting! What's it called?

19. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002

I haven't the foggiest idea yet. I've only got about 3 sentences written. DRL has been kicking my butt recently.

Which brings me to another point: Trace, is there a deadline for this challenge? (and if you've said and I didn't notice, sorry for being an idiot :D)

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Thanks about the icons. :D (Jade_Pilot: They?re Live Journal size so, no, they can?t be used here. I put them up over at SWFF, though.)

LOL! So, what did Cade?s voice sound like? I imagine it would be kinda gruff.[face_mischief]

Nah, no deadline. We?re not voting for winner or anything, so not much point in putting restrictions on it.

And we must think alike. ;) I?d been trying to come up with an idea for this challenge, and one thought that crossed my mind was a Cade/Ghost Luke conversation, LOL. (But that?s as far as the muse got, so I won?t be writing it.)

21. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

Oh, yeah... it sounded gruff and hot! And the best thing was... I was with them! [face_love]

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Just a heads-up for anyone planning a trip to the comic shop tomorrow. Issue 18 isn't on Diamond's shipping list this week and it doesn't appear to be on for the 28th, either, but I guess that could change.

[EDIT] The new release date is January 2nd.

*insert toddler-style tantrum here*

:_|:_|:_|

I am officially lame at this waiting-on-monthlies gig. [face_blush]

:oops:

23. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Aw, don't worry, Trace. As the Jedi Masters say: Patience, young Jedi. [face_laugh] No, but seriously... January 2nd?! I think that's when I start my Final exams! Aw well... I can wait for #18 to come out. Or can I? [face_thinking]

:D

24. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I was hoping that #0 1/2 would be out to tide us over until January 2nd, but that's been pushed back as well. :(

The covers for #20 and #22 look interesting.

On a plus side, it's only two weeks away, which isn't all that long, I guess. Mind you, I'll have to wait at least an extra week on top of that before I get my copy. :(

25. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Same here. Not only did Legacy get delayed, but Usagi Yojimbo, my favorite non-Star Wars comic, got moved back a week.

At least it's not a Rebellion #5 wait, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.