main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Legacy Era: Cade Skywalker Discussion Board- Legacy #15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LastHope06, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    If this image took this is interior art in Legacy # 9 (just announced over in Literature) . . .

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/swLegacy9.jpg]

Start up the fanfics and speculation about Cade's sister or mother.

Edit: took out very inappropiate anime-insider joke . . .

Edit 2: returned with the link to the Literature thread. All details inside:

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/25495016/p1/?17

2. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Considering how popular the Star Wars: Legacy comics appear to be, it's strange that this thread has fallen so far behind. [face_thinking] :confused: Especially given recent revelations about the character.

Soooo, I'm booting this up.

Not just as my good deed for the day :D , however. I was also wondering if anybody has any fics to recommend on this particular genre. The only one that I know of is VaderLV64's What a Girl Wants.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Just wanted to pop in and say that I picked up Volume I: Broken at C 4...and I have become a raging Legacy fan. :D

With the hawts for Cade. [face_love]

I geeked out at this scene. Whooped and cheered and GEEKED OUT when he called that lightsaber to his hand!! :eek:[face_hypnotized][face_cowboy]

And now that I've embarrassed myself... [face_blush]

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I've been a fan since Legacy 0. He's a great character, full of depth.

So how did everyone feel about Morrigan being his mother and not wanting to see him?

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Same here. I just read 1 - 7 and am hooked. I know what happened in 8 - 11, but am looking forward to seeing the Vong in 12 and 13. I'm speculating Krayt is A'shara Hett.

6. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I have no idea who Krayt is. But Cade just seems to get better and better. Wait til you see 12!

So how do you all feel about him using deathsticks and trying to stay away from the Skywalker legacy? He's got a lot of baggage.

7. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I've only read Broken and #11 (picked it up at C 4 so I could see the hallucination of Mara), but I think it's an interesting path for the character.

I avoided this series for a long time because of Cade being a punk bounty hunter who'd forsaken his heritage, not realizing that that was only the beginning of the story. I really like how they're showing his progression and 'growing-up in the Force,' so to speak.

I'm going to the comic book store tomorrow to try to find all the issues I've missed.

8. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    John and Jan said they have a long story to tell and this is really just the beginning. Poor Cade has gone through a lot and his current persona is quite in keeping with his past.

Go, read. Great stuff!

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I wrote a Legacy era vig for MMM: A Convenient Charade, but I'll confess that it's indulgent Cade/Deliah 'shipping. [face_blush] You have been warned. ;)

10. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Given the scarcity of such fics, I'll take what I can get.

It helps that yours is such good quality 'shipping, Jedi Trace. :)

Although, truth be told, I think Cade's too screwed up at this point to be in a serious relationship with anyone. His one true love appears to be deathsticks.

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Krayt is the Sith bad guy. The one in the ugly armor. ;) A'Sharad is a guy from Tatooine that was in the Old Republic Comics. He had a mission with Anakin, so he could have "ended the Skywalker line" pretty easily had he been able to kill Anakin back then. I like that there's more to like that just one or two characters in this. Everyone has an interesting story.

I'm still trying to get to know Cade, he seems to have a lot of Anakin Sr. in him right now, but hey... you know me, that doesn't make it a bad thing as far as I'm concerned. [face_love] I think his legacy is only part of what he's struggling with. Every Skywalker, starting with Anakin (including the Solo kids) has had a "destiny" where it's on them to do something huge. I don't think its fair to them, but they always rise to the occasion, and I have no doubt Cade will. And here's to him finding true love with Delia. [face_love]

I also like Marasiah, but her father I'm not so sure about... She may actually be the "Skywalker" that is supposed to unite the Jedi, if she is indeed a descendant of Jaina. As much Skywalker as Cade is, if that's the case.

12. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Thanks! [face_blush]

I agree (gotta love AU), but he definitely needs to get his act together before getting serious with anyone.

Researching for that vig, I read on wookiepedia that Zeltrons are empathic. I started wondering if Deliah's line: "Not Cade's fault, Syn. Something in him is just...broken" might be a reference to that. [face_thinking]

Meant to mention this earlier, but I love the banter between Cade and Syn.

"Real vacation spot ya found here, Cade!"

"Shut up and kill something!"

[face_laugh]

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    He says he uses death sticks to keep the force from touching him and him from touching the force, but I got a chuckle when Mara and Anakin show up anyway... :p

I agree that he doesn't need love now. I think he needs to find himself. I'm really getting cousin vibes from him and Marasiah, I think their stories will kind of parallel each other. But she reminds me a lot of Leia.

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    LOVE that scene! "Maybe that last deathstick wasn't a good idea." Did I just get pwned by Darth Vader....? [face_laugh]

Okay, serious question: Do we know if Cade's ability to "hide from the Force" is something he was taught or does naturally, like Ben Skywalker did as a baby. [face_thinking]

15. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I don't have a problem with Cade trying to escape his Skywalker destiny. It's an interesting twist to the whole family.

How's the comic search going, by the way?

16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Just got back from the comic shop and they had every issue I was missing. wOOt! [face_dancing] (Can't remember the last time I was so exited to read Star Wars!)

17. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    I dunno about Deliah as a love interest for Cade, rhonderoo.

To me, Deliah gives off "groupie" vibes - she's way too accepting of his bad habits. It might be the challenge of "fixing" what's broken inside of him that attracts her to him. More of an infatuation - how she can truly love someone she doesn't really know and who's basically scum at this point in time?

Besides, I don't think she really comprehends what his Jedi heritage is about when it's revealed. All she can think about is how useful it could be in perpetuating better scams.

Of course, my perception of Deliah could change as the series goes on, but right now, I don't think she's good for him, any more than deathsticks are.

18. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Okay, I just read that one, and I...I'm not sure what to think. I applaud her for having the baby, since that was never in her "career plan," and it was obvious that she loved him..... but I guess she loved the Empire more. :( (Personally, I have HUGE problems with mothers abandoning their children, but that's just me.)

Fortunately, those maternal instincts kicked back in 20 years later.

Great dramatic tension, though! I'm very much hoping for a Cade/Morrigan reunion the future.

19. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    On reference to Zeltrons and empathy, indeed I do think that this is how Deliah picks up that Cade's broken inside. I theorize she crewed with the Mynock at first to fix the engines, and then decided to stay around to try to fix Cade. Being a mechanic and not a psychologist, though, about the only thing Blue can do for Cade is to be a source of warmth, pleassure, and comfort, something that was definitely missing in his life prior to her arrival.

The preview for issue #14 up on the DH website certainly indicates that Cade appreciated/valued this. We don't get his exact feelings, but he's got some sort of feeling for Deliah, and he knows she has warm feelings for him. That makes him leaving in the night on Bastion even more poigent. He left Jeriah Syn because he couldn't trust him any more, and he left Deliah Blue to protect her.

20. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Trace - I also have huge issues with mothers abandoning their babies but I think she thought she was doing the right thing for everyone not just herself. Up to when the Temple was overrun, it didn't seem like Cade was that upset about it - maybe hiding the hurt from himself. I'm also looking forward to a reunion between mother and son.

RebelGrrl - I agree about Blue. She's a source of comfort for him but I'm not sure he'd be able to allow anyone closer than that. I'll have to check out the website. I'm only getting #13 mailed to me now. :(

21. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    All caught up!

:eek: You weren?t kidding! I see why everyone was raving about that issue in the Lit forum because it rocked. out. loud!=D=

I LOVE that the Vong are the good guys now. (And gave Kol a proper Jedi funeral pyre.:_| @};- ) The Master Sazen/Cade fight was incredible. Lotta insight into the characters there with a healthy dose of tough love.

And speaking of tough love, Ghostie Luke didn?t play around this time, did he? Although, I thought it was ironic that he?s sending Cade to face the Sith before his training is complete ? ?cause we know how well it worked out for Luke when he left his training early to go rescue someone. o_O

Then Artoo! No complaints here, but isn?t Artoo, like, 200 years old now? LOL!

That theory works! The Wook page says: Because of their empathic ability, "positive" emotions such as happiness and pleasure became very important to them, while negative ones such as anger, fear, or depression were shunned.

I wonder if her constant flirting isn?t partially a way to block Cade?s anger and negativity? Or maybe it started out as that. [face_thinking]

Ah, the plot bunnies! :D

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    My muse [face_love] Cade.

'nuther fic: Broken I hate to reuse titles of profics, but it's all I could think of that would work. [face_blush]

23. LastHope06

LastHope06 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2006
    Hi everyone!
    God, I am so embarrassed![face_blush] I've been away from the boards for a long time and I've let this thread slide.
    I'm really happy to see that people have finally started to like SW Legacy!

I have a little update for anyone interested:
    Legacy # 13 is a side-story regarding Emperor Fel, nothing exciting, just a saber fight with a sith. So no Cade!

Legacy #14 is pretty cool: Cade finally goes to the Coruscant to the Sith Temple to rescue Jedi Hosk Trey'lis. He meets up with a few "friends" and gets captured by the sith.
    Also, apparently, Darth Krayt is 3-4 generations old and dying. And he needs Cade and Hosk to heal him.

I don't know about you, but my money is on Jacen being Darth Krayt (even though they announced a different name) or at least someone really important from Luke's time.

I agree that it seems odd that Luke would send Cade without finishing his trainning, but maybe it has something to do with the big picture. Maybe Luke saw that it's the god way to go for Cade, even though the last page of # 14 shows a vision of Cade becoming a sith.
    I have faith that Luke knows what he's doing!

I read somewhere that droids could live up to 500 years. So that means that Artoo is in the prime of his life[face_love]

24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I got Issue #14 on Wed. DUUUUDE!!! :eek: :cool: [face_love] [face_worried]

Quick question: How long do we have to black out spoilers? (In Lit, it's only for a few days.)

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I probably won't get my copy for a couple of weeks since the mailorder place takes forever. However, I'm totally spoiled so I don't mind any and all discussion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.