main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Legacy Era: Cade Skywalker Discussion Board- Legacy #15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LastHope06, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Issue # 15 = FTW! :D

I'll be back after I've dried the drool off the pages...

[face_blush]

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved 14, the way Cade knew that something in him is broken and Blue was trying to fix it, without success. I loved that he was willing to go into hell just to make sure no one ever died for him again. And the ending... implications of him becoming more sith-like all the time.

They are already discussing 15 over in literature. But I just love Cade's journey.

3. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    14 was incredible! Loved seeing the Vongspawn underworld, loved the cantina scene - that Jools is a trip - and I loved that Cade left the Mynock for Syn and Blue. Under that tough-guy exterior, he really does care. [face_love]

Right with ya! I didn't really care who Darth Krayt was...I just wanted/want to know what happens next with Cade.[face_blush]

If you're interested, we've got a Cade lust - um, fan- thread (with pics from 15) on the site linked in my sig.

4. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    I loved 14, the way Cade knew that something in him is broken and Blue was trying to fix it, without success.

dianethx: Just out of curiosity, how do you think Deliah's trying to fix him? [face_mischief]

Jedi Trace: Do I really need to ask you what methods you think Blue's using to repair Cade? :p

5. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    LOL, Blue's trying to fix his broken heart the only way she knows - warmth and sex. But it's not really working. She needs to touch his spirit and help him regain his balance in gentler ways. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm SO behind in the Legacy comics. I picked up the most recent one yesterday. I need to get reading. :_|

7. Musing

Oct 31, 2003

Only the most recent issue? :eek: Boy, are you missing out on a lot! When you get caught up, I'll be interested to see how much they inspire your creative juices. Jedi Trace can't be held solely responsible for coming up with new Legacy comics fics. ;)

8. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Has anyone read # 15 yet? Can we talk? [face_batting]

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

*wipes drool off pictures of Shirtless!Cade*

=P~ =P~ =P~

Ahem. [face_blush]

Just when I think Cade can?t get any more fun to read, they go and give him lines like:

?I?m just not into this whole tied down, torture thing. You hear what?m saying??

and

?Yeah, babe. Got this crazy body chemistry thing going.?

And all that while getting tortured. I just love him! [face_love]

A few thoughts on his surrender to Krayt: part of me thinks the only reason he hates the Sith is because they killed his father. I don?t get the impression that he cares too much about Jedi or Sith dogma either way, so I?m not sure how hard he?ll try to resist Krayt?s teachings. He?s a ?whatever works? kinda guy who sprouts yellow eyes on a routine basis, but I don?t think he has the inherent selfishness to turn completely to the Dark Side. I say that because it was his idea to offer his life to buy Syn and Blue?s freedom and he left them his ship and Artoo, so deep down, I think he has too much loyalty to friends to ever be a Sith.

Although the cover of # 17 looks pretty ominous. Am I just hoping too hard that we won't have another Skywalker-turns-to-the-dark-side thing happening?

9. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Not sure about the torture bit, Jedi Trace. Darth Maladi was giving him hefty dosages of ixetal cilona, the basis for the deathsticks to which Cade's addicted. He might, deep down, be enjoying the experience. :p

Didja see the preview for #16? Looks like Morrigan Corde's joining the party after all. :cool:

Have to confess, though, that I find Deliah getting to be more and more boring. She's just so predictable in her fixation on Cade. Jeriah's a lot more interesting because he's stuck between his hatred of Jedi and his loyalty to Cade as a friend.

10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've not read the preview yet. I'll read it once I've read the comic, mostly to see if I can make icons from it.

I think Cade is more 'chaotic good' than anything. He does use the dark side of the force but he's only been shown using it when healing people. So while he might do what would be considered bad it's for the right reasons.

The lightsabre in the #17 picture could be one of the Darths' lightsabres, having had his father's taken from him.

11. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Musing: Didja see the preview for #16? Looks like Morrigan Corde's joining the party after all.

Yes! Shweet!!! I cannot WAIT for a Morrigan/Cade reunion. :D

Moosemouse: I've not read the preview yet. I'll read it once I've read the comic, mostly to see if I can make icons from it.

Oooh, icons! Last time I checked, there was only one Deliah icon. I wish we could have this one of her. And shirtless Cade. We need a shirtless Cade icon.[face_blush] [face_laugh]

I think Cade is more 'chaotic good' than anything.

Chaotic good. I like that description!

12. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm so glad that Morrigan Corde is joining the party. I wonder how things will develop for Cade once he finds out that's his mother or will he ignore her? He's got enough problems with his heritage...

I'm loving the series.

13. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    #15 was great. I loved it. I too am finding Cade's soloish attitude more and more appealing as the story unfolds. I'm hoping he rejects the Skywalker darkside legacy. If nothing else, just to tick the Sith off.

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    # 16 is out and awesome! :D

You know how they have the letters and answers at the back of the issue and show the preview for the next cover? Here's what's in the NEXT ISSUE box:

This pic (the cover of # 17)
    [image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/Star%20Wars/cadedarksm.jpg]

Followed by the following caption:

At least we can rest easy knowing that Cade is emotionally well-grounded and that there's no danger of him falling to the dark side, right? Right?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

15. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I haven't got #16 yet, but the cover for #17 has been up on the Dark Horse site fore a while now.

16. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I won't be getting 16 for a while since I have it mailed to me.
    I do love the caption about Cade and his emotional groundedness.. [face_laugh]

17. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Here's my version of Morrigan and Cade:

Cade: Who the heck are you?!

Morrigan: *breaths nervously* I'm... your mother, Cade.

Cade: Liar! Where was a mom when I needed her? Where was she when I used deathsticks to hide myself from the Force?!

Morrigan: You've been using deathsticks?!? I don't believe it! You're grounded! I mean... you're in a lot of trouble mister.

Cade: *smirks* You can't tell me what to do.

Morrigan: Get your grown, ding dong of a Jedi head in place, before I smack it for you! You're coming out of here, mister!!!

Cade: *nervously runs pass Morrigan* Yes, ma'am!

Morrigan: *to herself* Aaah, it's good to be a mother.

18. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
  19. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    moosemousse: Yeah, I?d seen the pic before, I just thought the caption was hilarious.

SkywalkerShine: [face_laugh] I can?t even image how that?s gonna go, LOL!

Looks like we might not get the Morrigan/Cade meeting until Issue 19. *pout*

Quick spoilers for Legacy # 16, if anyone is interested:

Morrigan shows up at Jool's place and offers to help Syn and Deliah rescue Cade...and promptly gets four blasters pointed in her face. (It?s a great scene!) She tells them that she's Cade's mother and they start planning to team up and go rescue him.

On to Krayt and Cade - Krayt explains the story of how he lost a fight with Obi-Wan on Tatooine after the Clone Wars and how he ended up where he is now. Basically, Hett and his tribe were about to attack a certain moisture farm on Tatooine and Obi-Wan showed up to defend said moisture farm. ;) The debates are raging over in Lit because Obi-Wan did not kill Hett outright when he could have, but instead left him disgraced and made him vow to leave Tatooine and never return. Decades later, Hett found out that Obi-Wan had been protecting the son of Anakin Skywalker and Hett/Krayt now has a big ol? chip on his shoulder against ?the righteous Obi-Wan Kenobi? and the Jedi.

Cade and Darth Talon get into a scuffle and he pwns her. (Seriously ? pwns her hard! I loved it, LOL!) Krayt tells Cade that he can teach him to use his anger, etc, and Cade agrees to submit to Krayt to be trained as a Sith.

The final scenes - Masters Shado, Sazen and the Vong are hiding in the Jedi Temple as stormtroopers are searching for them under the direction of Darth Stryfe. They're also planning to go find Cade if they can get off Ossus.

Good stuff leading into more good stuff! Now the long wait until # 17. *sigh*

20. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I love to be spoiled. Thanks, Trace.

21. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I already got the comic book, and I must say... I LOVE it! Can't wait for Legacy# 17. I loved the scene where Cade looked soooo cute when he was a baby! I also loved the scene where Cade is doing his devilish grin while torturing Talon. I love it. Jedi Trace and dianethx , thanks for loving the "Cade and Morrigan moments." :)
    CADE ROCKS THIS GALAXY!!! [face_love] @};-

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    The things you find when you're bored on night shift. ;)

Cade video on You Tube (Incorporates events of Issues 1 - 15)

:cool:

23. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    That video was AWESOME!!! The music was freakin' sweet and I felt the pain Cade had. Thanks, Jedi Trace! [:D]

24. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Hey, everybody!

Just wondered - should this thread be locked down and all of us interested parties just concentrate on the LEGACY Era Index and Discussion thread? The Index is getting a lot more action lately, and it would make sense to do so. After all, there's more to Legacy than Cade Skywalker, hard though it is to believe. ;)

25. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Hmmm... Judging from the lack of reaction to my question, I guess nobody's really interested in Cade anymore, right? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.