main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Legacy: "Fool's Gamble"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by R_Zion, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    IC: Kraid Tynne
    Commercial Pad 104, Newport, Coruscant

"Listen, I know the mission computer on this sucker ain't the most reliable thing in the Core, but for the gods' sakes, three independent diagnostic runs confirm that if you fire that thruster you'll get yourself a gash in the hull," Kraid said firmly. "I'm talking catastrophic failure the moment you command that thruster to even think. I know these ships, I know the thrusters you threw in there and heck I've seen plenty of them go suicidal unexpectedly."

Kraid Tynne was standing next to the large workbench of the freighter that he was commissioned to help in repair work. In front of him were the freighter captain and chief engineer, with most of the crew and hired pausing and listening to the argument.

"No, you listen here, Tynne, YOUR 'independent' diagnostics are telling you that," angrily snapped the captain. "I know my ship and what I've done to it! You are not qualified to boss ME around!"

Kraid almost broke out laughing. "You.. you've got to be kidding... YOU hired me! YOU checked my background! YOU were ranting and raving about how you wouldn't hire me unless I knew what the heck I was doing! And ever since I started helping in getting your ship off the ground, you two," Kraid pointing his finger at both the captain and engineer, "keep blocking all my moves and suggestions that would've fixed this hulk and yet you blame being behind schedule on me!"

"ENOUGH!!!" shouted the captain. He grabbed his commlink and called the bridge. "Run the thrusters NOW!!!" A sheepish voice replied on the commlink: "Uh, okay, Captain... initiating test now. Uh, ventral starboard-bow... now." The ventral starboard-stern thruster filled the pad with a sharp, piercing blast. "Ventral starboard... now," and another blast went out.

Kraid threw on his goggles and grabbed his ear muffs. Kriffing idiots. He glanced at the crew who were visibly uncertain of what was to happen next, and he hid behind a stack of heavy storage containers. The crew saw what Kraid did and all ducked for cover.

"Ventral starboard-stern..."

Kraid felt the concussive force even behind the containers, and even the ear muffs weren't enough to fully block out the deafening sound. He ripped off the ear muffs and heard the freighter's warning klaxons and fire systems initiate themselves. Stepping out from behind the container he beheld chaos; everyone and everything scattered about gathering their wits, and a large piece of the ship's hull peeled off like it were thin metal. Kraid grabbed his toolkit and walked over to the captain and engineer, both dazed on the ground and with bloody gashes about them. Kraid stopped above them, who were both now glaring at him. He gave a curt, sarcastic salute to the two. "Permission to get the kriff out of here, SIRS!!!!" And without dropping a beat, Kraid walked out of the pad into the main commercial area of the port. Already a crowd was gathering at the doorway, wondering what in the stars caused such a noise.

-----------------------------------------

Kraid was back at his meager room in a complex that housed mostly port workers. He had no qualms about leaving those two "idiots" behind, seeing how he was already paid handsomely for his work in advance. The nice advance payment was building up his already large accounts that he had back on Kuat from his years of mercenary service. Hope the crew leaves those two idiots. They're a good bunch and don't deserve those fools. He sat down on his bed and turned on the 'net, immediately going to the ship crew want ads. He needed to get out. He'd done more deserving and better jobs than this last one. He had no love for Coruscant, at least Newport. Too many fools who ruined good ships, and not enough good men to run a bad ship. Kraid bookmarked a few that looked interesting but honestly were very dull.

Then he came across a rather obscure listing from Landing Pad 267. Imperial vessel, huh? That piqued Kraid's interest. Instead of calling on the Comm, Kraid

2. CT-13438

CT-13438 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2007
    OOC: Ill watch myself for now on.

Josh ran out of the cantina with several brusies.
    "Not such a good idea" Josh thought to himself.
    He walked to the nearest landing pad where Crandon plased his firespray.He walked slowly into the ship.
    "If they wont give me the boy then ill wait."Josh thought

IC:Any

3. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    IC- S2-56G

It had been fifteen minutes or so since S2 had finished his conversation with Mr. Zass. The diagnostics and ship?s scans were nearly completed and as soon as they were he would head outside and report his results to the Captain.

Without warning, the rhythmic beeping at the Comm station was beginning again. This time, however, it was a text transmission. Activating the monitor with his free hand, he found the transmission to be a resume. The Utility droid scanned it quickly and, highly impressed, decided to write back to this Mr. Tynne and see if he could set up and interview. The fingers of one hand moving with inhuman speed, he began to compose his letter:

Dear Mr. Tynne,

I was highly impressed after reading your resume and think that your skills would be a great asset to the crew of the
    Fool?s Gamble. Our ship is a refitted VT-49 Decimator. Are you familiar with this type of ship.

If possible, I would like to schedule an interview with you to meet Captain Boran. Is 1800 this evening at Landing Pad 267 alright for you? Please respond soon.

Sincerely,

S2-56G, assistant to Captain Jav Boran

TAG: Kraid

4. ChinaMonroe

ChinaMonroe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2006
    Sinya smiled, and gave the Duros a huge hug.

"Name's Sinya, cutie." She looked at the ship, and back at him. "I've never worked on a ship full time, but I have a lot of computer experience and skills with various weapons. I can also do light repair work on droids and navicomputers, but just to the circutry." She tilted her head a bit, to emphasise the point. "Currently, I'm a 'dancer', but I'm looking for other employment. I've always wanted to see what was in the galaxy."

She shifted her backpack on her shoulders, taking a look at the men there. She kept the warm and seductive smile on her face, leaving one hand resting on her hip.

"Oh! I almost forgot, giggling, she continued, "I have my own weapons that I use and I can pick up the tools for my trade myself, provided that I am picked up full-time. I can also cook, if that helps." She blushed a bit, still giggling to herself. She really wanted this job...or any job that would get her off this planet. She owed enough debts here and being part of a ship's crew was a good way to pay them off...or to have the people whom you owed money to forget about you from your absence...

TAG: R_Zion

5. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    OOC: Just bringing my character up to speed.

[b]IC: Drasius Kuze[/b]
    [i]Landing Pad 267, Newport, Coruscant[/i]
    [blockquote]
    After Kuze had spoken, he humbly accepted Jav's warm greeting and hug. He was able to pull his arms from his sides and return the Duros' squeeze. It was true that he was very glad to see the old spacer unharmed. With a galaxy as dangerous as it was at the present, anything could happen to anyone.

The two stepped back from their embrace as Jav spoke, [i]?Yup, this here is the Fool?s Gamble. Figured it was an appropriate name considering my past and the rather dangerous business I seem to be trying to break into. Got her out of the scrapyards on Ord Mantell and fixed her up myself. Flies like a beaut? so far. And, since you mentioned it, I am in need of a hand or two on-board. It?s only been my S2 unit and I since we left the yard, so some help would be much appreciated.?[/i]

Kuze smiled. He lifted his head to gaze up into the sky and then back down to the [i]Fool's Gamble[/i]. "If ever a vessel were so aptly named, Jav," he joked with a slap to other's back. "I actually didn't think a reply to your message would have been as effective if I had just showed up in person and accepted. The choice of my last mission was based on the fact that it would end here in Newport," he paused, "by no small coincidence."

About to continue, he was alerted as several of the supposed applicants began to arrive at the pad. One was a small lad who was eager for adventure. The thing that bothered Kuze the most was that he had seen too many of that kind of boy be corrupted by life in the streets. It was something that angered him about society the most: the inability to provide for those with little or without means entirely. He actually found himself admiring the kid. Jav treated him skeptically, as he rightfully should have. Such a risk profile that would come along with this vessel was not to be taken lightly.

Content to sit and watch Jav deal with the boy, Kuze crossed his arms and legs at the ankle, leaning against a landing outrigger for the [i]Gamble[/i]. It was then that he picked up the footsteps of someone else approaching. He could tell from the footfalls that it was a female, as they were delicate and evenly placed. He waited patiently to see who they would belong to, and smirked out of the corner of his mouth when he saw her. He heard her list her work abilities as he stood and walked over to where Jav and her were standing. [i]Finally,[/i] he thought, having not worked alongside a female in his last couple of gigs.

She was talking in a sort of flirting way with Jav when he interrupted in a quiet voice, "Sorry I didn't come right out with it earlier Jav, but you can consider me along for the ride," he smiled at both the Duros and the Twi'lek.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: R_Zion, ChinaMonroe, Moonlightsangel, Any[/b]

[hr]

[b]OOC II:[/b] PS, here is a picture of my character that I forgot to include with my sheet.
    [image=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/4b/200px-Kuzeingits.jpg]

6. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    IC: Kraid Tynne

No sooner did Kraid drift off to sleep did his Comm console wake him up. Slowly rising up, he leaned over the console and saw the reply message. Frek, that was a quick turnaround. Ah, got a droid working it, being vigilant as ever. And... a VT-49? A smile shot across his face. Oh man, a blast from my past! Kraid quickly composed a reply:

Dear S2-56G:

I have experience with the VT-49 series of spacecraft as much of my initial training at Kuat Drive Yards was spent aboard them. Although it has been some years since I last worked on a VT-49, I learned most of the ins and outs of them and am confident that I would readjust to them with much ease.

I will be at the interview today at 1800, Landing Pad 267.

Sincerely,

Kraid Tynne

Kraid shot the message back, already anticipating working on a VT-49 again. He laid back down on his bed to catch a nap before grabbing some food and going to pad 267.

TAG: anyone

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Colonel Artemis Z.M. Veers

Sewers - Crullov City, Corulag

"Womprat, of all of the sewers in the galaxy to choose from you had to pick the one that stank the most," Colonel Veers complained behind a kerchief he held to his face. He and his five stormtroopers slushed through the murky waters of the underground sewer and tried their best to avoid the globs of muck and trash that floated on the surface.

"Sorry, sir," Womprat replied from the front of their line. "It was either smelling really bad for a week or smelling really bad for the rest of your life, sir."

"Easier for you to say, you have air filters in those helmets of yours," he pointed out in reply. The Colonel glanced over his shoulder for the thousandth time since they entered the sewers and for the thousandth time saw nothing but raw sewage behind them. It concerned him that the street gang had not followed them into the sewer and wondered if they knew something the Imperials didnt.

Please don't let there be any creatures down here with us, Veers pleaded to whatever powers there may be. The last time he had been in a sewer thanks to Womprat's choices of escape plans, the tunnels had been crawling with diagonia. One of those tentacle cyclop creatures had grabbed him by the legs and an arm and nearly had drowned him. If it had not been for his stormtroopers, he would have been some alien monster's dinner.

He still had nightmares about that encounter.

Without warning, something brushed up against his left leg and quickly Artemis leapt to the side and against all common sense, fired a shot into the sewage. The water bubbled and sizzled where the ruby bolt had impacted, but nothing came up out of the water. His men had paused and looked back at him questioningly, if helmeted stormtroopers could express that, with their rifles ready.

"A little jittery, sir?" His second asked him after they had assessed the situation.

"I thought... something brushed past my leg," Veers mentioned, his eyes still watching the water around him.

"Sir, the contents of this water is so bad, I doubt even a diagonia could stand it, much less live in it," one of the others reassured.

"Probably was some garbage," Womprat added.

"It had better be or I'll pummel your brains in if you've led me down into another cyclop squid infested sewer again," Veers chided and the others chuckled. The Imperials resumed their journey through the sewers until the water level started to rise. When it became apparent they could not travel any further underground, Womprat climbed up the nearest ladder and popped his head out.

After a few seconds; "Clear!" he said and climbed the rest of the way up. The others followed suit and Colonel Veers was glad to be out of the sewer and into fresh air. Quickly they scrambled across the street until they were hidden behind some rubble.

Veers sat down with his back against a broken wall and pulled out a small datapad. "Now that we're out of that filth, let's see where we are and find the civilized part of this city." The Colonel activated the pad's map as he peeled off something, he didnt want to know what it was, from his leg. His stormtroopers crouched around him while one kept watch for any trouble.

"We're here, wherever here is," the Colonel said and scrolled through the map. "We want to get here."

"A klick away, not too bad," his second said. "If we stick to the rubble and the shadows we should get there without a problem."

"And if we encounter more thugs?"

"Kill em, of course."

"I'd rather avoid another fire fight so we'll follow this route," Veers traced the route on his datapad. "Along here is mostly ruins so we'll have plenty of cover and open buildings to travel through. Still we'll have to be cautious as we go. So, take a five minute break and get whatever muck out of your armor and then we'll go."

"Aye, sir." They said in union.

TAG: Zion, if you want

8. Tog

Tog Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2007
    Vitch desided that the bounty on the kid was just no worth the trouble. Territ needed work, then he remember that poster. He could always use them to get to Tatooine, his ship was there and Territ was never able to afford transport to Tatooine. Territ rolled fast to find another holo poster for the Fool's Gamble. He rolled down a alley and skidded to a stop. He got up and looked at a holo poster.

"Come and have fun at Philax's Cantina, bring the kids!" the poster said.

Territ looked at it with a grim face then sighed. Territ rolled back into a ball in search for another Fool's Gambel poster.

9. CT-13438

CT-13438 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2007
    IC: Josh Mchalen

Josh sat in his cockpit.
    "Oh forget it."Josh thought "Ill leave this bounty to Boba Fett."
    He took off from the landing pad, he entered the atmosphere when he saw what he feared most-Crandons Yacht.
    Crandons pilot hailed him.
    "This is SC-57234,my master would like to talk to you."
    "Hahahahahah you think so dont you"Crandon said.
    "How did you know that I abandoned the bounty."Josh said
    "Lets just say there was a little birdy in your systems, andave you forgotten that I gave you that ship."Crandon said "Now say good by."
    Crandons yacht opened fire on his firespray, completly suprising him.
    Josh opened the cargo hold just as the ship was blown up, he lay unconsicuos in space.

TAG:Anyone

10. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    PM'ed, deleted post. Thanks, R_Zion.

11. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    OOC: I PM'd him about it. He should, hopefully, take care of it. As to everyone else on the landing pad, I'll reply to you as soon as Angel posts for Ryelee so I can kinda keep things in an orderly fashion. We're kinda flow-walking through time at the moment. ;-)

12. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
    Vitch unrolled him self at his house and went inside. He checked the 'net for any information about the Fool's Gambel. After a while of coming up on wrong areas he found it. "Landin Pad 267, Newport district" Vitch looked at it again. Vitch pulled out his comm and started typing in signal #21964588.

Tag: Zion

13. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    00C: Crap people! One day gone and you guys left me behind so fast! No fair!

IC: Ryelee

At the Duros' words, the tiny blond boy simply grinned openly.

"You wouldn't believe just how useful I can get to be..." he stated slyly "It?s usually me and my sister. I?m a great cook" he pondered for a bit "Anyways, that, I can hack my way into almost anything, and I?m used to cleaning up an? that sort o? stuff? he pondered a bit, biting his tongue.

?Uh?I travel with mah sister though. She?s kinda more useful than I am, but, y?know what they say, sir, we gotta stick together?lemme see?she?s real good with machines, y?call that an engineer, righty? She makes a great nurse, I?m still tryin? to figure just how many languages she can speak?uh?she?s a heck of a fighter, I can tell ya that much?? he pondered a bit, what else could Azul do that the Duros captain would find useful?? ?Well, I can?t remember just everything she can do now, but she is way more responsible than I am, and she can actually get me to shut up, which, as I?m sure you?ve noticed, is quite something?

The boy fell quiet, then grinned, more to himself than anything, hands still safely on his pockets. Azul could do a number of stuff: Sing, wriggle out of problems, she was a hell of an actress, she spoke quite a number of languages, she used to work for the Hutts, and she never hesitated on pulling a trigger if needed.

?Anyways, she?s nineteen, so she ain?t all that young, and I?m not much of a bother?I think?blegh, anyways?will ya at least give it a thought?? he asked, giving the captain another grin. If this failed, Rye would get them both in the next ship to Naboo, or Tatooine, or anything but Corsucant?

-----------------------------------

Knocking, knocking? Okay it was getting annoying.

Azul jumped from her bed and lazily walked to the door, opening to see an Imperial investigator staring down at her sternly. Azul frowned, meeting his cold gaze with her iced-coloured eyes.

?May I help you, sir?? she asked, trying to keep the sarcasm from her voice.

?Yes, miss, I have been informed that you were there the moment a dinner owned by a couple of humans, just three streets down from here was attacked?? asked the man, looking down at her sternly.

?Think fast, Azzie?think!? thought the girl desperately, although her face showed no emotion. She grinned mentally.

A sudden distress painted her delicate, beautiful face, eyes widening in shock.

?Oh dear?Yes! I used to work there!? the man raised his eyebrows as crocodile tears misted the teen?s gorgeous eyes ?What do you mean it was attacked??

?Do you mean say you didn?t know about it?? he asked icily, Azul shook her head, her ponytail dancing as lose strands fell to her face, a tear rolling down her cheek.

?I?ll be damned if I did? she stated in a shocked whisper ?B-but, what happened? Are the owners okay? Is there anything I can do to help? Oh dear, who could?ve done this?? she babbled, new tears falling to her cheeks. The man took some pity on her, setting a hand upon her shoulder.

?We don?t know, Miss, we?re trying to find out? he stated as Azul pretended to swallow a sob down ?I?m sorry..?

Azul nodded helplessly and closed the door, turning to walk to her room, a huge grin adorning her beautiful, plae face. Guys were suckers when it came to women crying? Trying not to chuckle, she laid down on her bed, drying the tears away casually.

Tag: R_Zion

00c: Aw, forgive the kid?he?s still young ^^

There we go...sorry for the wait!

Edited: Better, R_Zion?

14. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    OOC: Excellent, Angel.

Sorry for the delay all, but my Dad's in the hospital and I have to get up early, so I probably won't get a response up to everyone until sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening. Please bear with me in this delay. Thanks!

-Your humble and sometimes frazzled GM

15. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    OOC: No problem, Zion. I pray everything with your father goes without hitch.

16. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    OOC: I am hereby voiding the last post by CT-14348. Otherwise, he?d be dead since he never said he was in a space suit, and since it was a surprise attack, I doubt he?d be in one. As to this whole Crandon the Hutt situation and the Bounty, I?ll take care of it myself through a soon upcoming plot.

IC: Captain Jav Boran and S2-56G
    Landing Pad 267, Newport, Coruscant

The Captain cupped his hand on his chin as he looked down at the young boy Ryelee, half-listening to what he was saying but not entirely taking him seriously. How could he even begin to consider bringing a boy into this sort of lifestyle, or at least dragging him down into it further if he was already initiated into it. Then he mentioned his sister. She was only nineteen, so that was a bit worrying, being so young. Languages was an admirable skill but still something that S2 could handle himself. Nursing and a capable fighter, though? those were skills with some merit. Standing in silence for nearly a minute, he weighed and debated his options in his head for nearly a minute before turning and looking Ryelee straight in the eyes. ?Alright, kid, here?s the deal. Bring your sister to me, let me interview her and get her own perspective on all of this, and then I?ll decide if you two are material enough for my crew. However, make it quick?I may have to leave soon.?

As the boy ran off, Jav shook his head and looked at the ground. By the looks of him, he?s in dire straights as it is and probably already in the less seemly side of the galaxy, so if he?s going to be in it, he might as well have a few good protectors at his side.

TAG: Drasius and Ryelee

--------------------------------------------------

Finishing up his diagnostics and making notes of the results in his memory, S2?s photoreceptors beamed with pleasure. So far, so good. Their ship was still intact and holding strong. At least they would have to worry about sucking vacuum on their next space flight?at least as far as the ship was concerned now. Of course, S2 never had to worry about the vacuum since he was a droid and didn?t need to worry about going Evac. It was just one of those pesky things about organics?they couldn?t handle as many seemingly hazardous situations as a droid could without proper equipment. Such fragile creatures.

S2-56G turned from the center console and prepared to go report to the Captain everything he had discovered when, once again, the comm. system began to signal for his attention. Rotating his head 180 degrees, he turned and answered the call that beckoned for him.

?Greetings, this is S2-56G and you have reached the Fool?s Gamble, ship of Captain Jav Boran. How may I help you today, sir??

TAG: Vitch

Blushing slight purple, Jav tried to keep his cool as the Twi?lek suddenly wrapped her arms around him in a close embrace. Years of training had developed in him a keen danger sense, yet he was completely oblivious to this occurring. Then, as she released him, after introducing herself as ?Sinya?, she began to list off her qualifications, and for the second time in less than an hour, the Duros found himself standing there listening and nodding to himself as he took note.

?First of all,? he began after he thought she had finished, looking her over quickly, ?If you were a Zeltron, I might believe that ?cutie? comment, though it?s appreciated all the same. You?re have some impressive credentials??

"Oh! I almost forgot,? she suddenly interjected with a giggle, "I have my own weapons that I use and I can pick up the tools for my trade myself, provided that I am picked up full-time. I can also cook, if that helps."

?Hmm, repair, computer experience, your own weaponry and cooking. Well then, I do believe we can work something out, Miss Sinya??

Again, before he could finish, Drasius spoke up in a quiet voice from where he stood, "Sorry I didn't come right out with it earlier Jav, but you can consider me along for the ride," he smiled at both the

17. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    Sinya stuck out her tongue at the Duros caption, winking at the same time. She already figured she'd like him, and now that she was hired, she wouldn't have to go back to that infested apartment. "Thanks, cap!" she smiled at both of the men standing with her and walked onboard.

The ship was in fairly good condition, a bit old, she could tell, but good. She looked around, not exactly knowing where to head to. She walked back out of the opening on the ship, looking at Drasius and Jav, a curious expression on her face. "Um, excuse me. I don't mean to sound stupid, but where's the Cargo Bay? I've never been on this type of Imperial Ship before." Without missing a beat, she looked around, and very sweetly, almost like an innocent child, she continued: "Could, maybe one of you gentlemen show me where it is?" As she talked, she twirled the end of her left lekku around her fingers. She hated not knowing certain things, so she always acted like it didn't bother her, but had to keep moving to hide her nervousness.

TAG Drasius, Jav

18. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
    "Ello der I call responding to te crew openin. It say here ju need good fighter." Vitch said as he spoke into the comm. "I be good warrior, te name is Vitch"

19. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Azul and Ryelee

Azul sat up. She had put on a black hoodie and was chewing gum calmly, while her mind worked fiercely. That man had fallen on her trap, had swallowed every word, but Azul knew better than to stay around for too long?there was bound to be brighter people at the station.

Just as she was debating what to do, the door opened and a small blond came inside, took her messenger style bag, and started packing her stuff in it.

?Uh?Rye, dear?whatcha doin?? she asked curiously, sitting up and arching a slender eyebrow.

?Packing up for you, lady? answered the boy simply, stuffing another blouse in.

?Oh, well, I figured that out myself, blondie, so let me rephrase it: Why in seven hells are you packing *my* stuff??

?Well, we can?t stay here, especially with the Imperials lookin? ?round, tryin? to sniff out who blew up your former job??

?Huh? How did you find out?? blinked the young beauty, crossing her arms across her ample chest and looking at her *pet* sceptically.

?It?s me, Azzie, I figure things out?anyways, so, the captain at the ship I told ya bout? He wanted to talk to ya, so let?s get goin??

?So you actually did go, eh?? Azul blinked, standing up and taking the only pair of shoes the boy had left out, which matched the outfit perfectly.

?Yeah?nice dude, Duros?he has something against young people though?? the boy stood up, taking his own bag and stuffing it with everything.

?Well, why are we carrying our stuff though??

? ?Cause, if we don?t make it there, we?re still getting? outta here??

?Oh?? was all he got from the auburn haired young beauty as they both left the apartment. It was locked and messy inside, giving every single signal that they were coming back. They even left some clothes and personal stuff -which they didn?t really care about-.

-----------------------------------

Walking, walking?.heck where did this want to get? The other friggin? side of the planet?

?We?re here, Azzie? grinned the kid, taking her hand and dragging her in. The beautiful teen stumbled a bit, but followed, looking down at the tiny blond adoringly?he was just so?cute!

Soon she was in front of a Duros, and a man. She smiled warmly.

?Here she is, sir? grinned the tiny blond.

?Good afternoon? greeted the stunning teenager as Ryelee released her hand.

Tag: Draisus, Jav?maybe even China?

20. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
  21. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Drasius Kuze

Kuze was happy to hear that Jav had no objections about bringing both he and the flirtatious Sinya into the fold. The Twi'Lek ran up the ramp into the vessel, probably to look at their new home. Drasius turned to his Duros friend.

"I'm just going to throw this in a locker in the cargo bay," he said reaching to his back and showing the weapon that had prevented his journey to the next life on occasions past. "It's been jammed into my back for the past solid week. I don't have much else, I normally tend to live off the fat of the land," he said with a laugh, turning back up the ramp to head into the vessel.

Sinya appeared at the top. "Um, excuse me. I don't mean to sound stupid, but where's the Cargo Bay? I've never been on this type of Imperial Ship before. Could, maybe one of you gentlemen show me where it is?"

Kuze spoke up as he continued his walk up the ramp. "I know where it is, I'm just going to throw this in there," he said to Sinya, holding up the holster he had unstrapped from his back. He yelled back at Jav as a late teenager and the boy whom the captain had sent off returned, "Keep screening those applicants!" then disappeared into the vessel as he sidled past the seductive Twi'Lek.

Drasius assumed she was following him, so he spoke, "So, what's your story? Where you from? I'm Drasius Kuze, by the way. You can call me Kuze for short."

TAG: Sinya, Jav, Any

22. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: Captain Jav Boran and S2-56G

"I'm just going to throw this in a locker in the cargo bay," Drasius said reaching to his back and showing the weapon that had prevented his journey to the next life on occasions past. "It's been jammed into my back for the past solid week. I don't have much else, I normally tend to live off the fat of the land."

?Well, good then?you might want to stay in that mindset for a little while until this little business venture really gets started,? Jav joked, glancing back over his shoulder to his friend.

Almost as the words escaped his mouth, Sinya reappeared at the top of the landing ramp, looking slightly confused. "Um, excuse me. I don't mean to sound stupid, but where's the Cargo Bay? I've never been on this type of Imperial Ship before. Could, maybe one of you gentlemen show me where it is?"

"I know where it is, I'm just going to throw this in there," Kuze said as he made his way up the ramp before pausing and yelling back down to the Duros, ?Keep screening those applicants!?

?No worries about that! Just as soon as more show up!?

Little did Jav realize, as he was sure Drasius must have seen from his position, that the boy named Ryelee had returned, this time with an attractive young woman, obviously his sister.

?We?re here!? the boy chimed in with a grin, dragging his sister along. ?Here she is, sir.?

?Good afternoon,? she said as her hand was released from the boy?s grip.

?Good?? Jav paused and looked down at the chronometer on his wrist. It was 1200 hrs, ??yes, Good Afternoon to you, indeed. I am Jav Boran, Captain of the Fool?s Gamble. Your brother told me you two might be interested in joining my crew and, since you fulfill the role of ?responsible adult? I am to assume, I wanted to talk to you personally. Tell me, why are you interested in joining the crew and what skills do you have to offer??

Jav let a warm smile spread across his face to try and put her at ease. Now was the time to find out if all the boy said about her skills were true or if it was just a bluff to get aboard.

TAG: Rye/Azul, Drassius, Sinya

"Ello der I call responding to te crew openin. It say here ju need good fighter." Vitch said as he spoke into the comm. "I be good warrior, te name is Vitch"

S2-56G cocked his head curiously as the broken basic came out over the Comm system. He wasn?t quite sure what to make out of it, but he decided to be polite and speak with the being further. ?Alright, Mr?..Vitch. Tell me, what skills do you have to offer to the crew of the Fool?s Gamble??

TAG: Vitch

----------------------------------------------------

IC: Lt. Straus and Squad
    The Hadrian?s Apartment

The dirty blond, middle-aged Lieutenant stood, weapon raised, with his partner and a squad of four stormtroopers outside the apartment of the Hadrian girl he had sent to speak to earlier. Swiftly, he rapped on the door three times. They waited a few seconds, but there was no answer he tried again. Several seconds passed again and still there was no answer. Turning to his side, he looked down at the apartment building?s landlord and motioned him forward to open the door with an override command. With a nod of his head, the balding and slightly overweight human complied and quickly punched in the seven digit code, opening the door with ease.

The Imperial troopers sweeped into the small space, weapons raised. ?Miss Hadrian?come out now with your hands up!? Then, with a motion of his wrist, he sent his troopers forward to check every space in the apartment.

Being a relatively small and open space, it didn?t take them long before the lead trooper came back and saluted the Lieutenant. ?The apartment is clear, sir. The Hadrians don?t appear to be here.?

?Damn, they must have fled already,? Straus said, biting his lip. ?Call in reinforcements and sweep the neighborhood! I want those children found before it?s my head the Commander wants!?

23. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    Sinya smiled at the human, and followed him into the ship.

So, what's your story? Where you from? I'm Drasius Kuze, by the way. You can call me Kuze for short. He said to her as they walked.

"Well Kuse, ready to be aquanted, are we?" she giggled a little, and continued "I don't know where exactly I'm from, but I can tell you I'm not from Ryloth. I've been around the Corralian Sector and here for most of my life. I'm a dancer, currently." She thought for a moment, not wanting to reveal too much about herself-that always got you into trouble. Continueing to play with her lekku, she spoke again, somewhat softer than before, and choose her words carefully. "It's hard makin' your way in these times, so I do what I can to get by. I've done a little mechanic work, but mostly delt with computers. My passion is dancing, but it seems that people...expect certin things...It's not as easy of a livin' as working for a 'real' job. And, you only know who you'll run into and away from." She perked up a bit as they walked, entering the cargo bay.

"What about you, handsome? What's your story?" She grinned at him, pulling herself up on a plasteel container, crossing her legs and listening to him. "What drives you to maddness?"

TAG: Kuze

24. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Drasius Kuze
    Cargo Bay, Fool's Gamble, Landing Pad 267, Newport, Coruscant

Kuze had walked with the Twi'Lek into the hold, taking appreciative notice of the work Jav had done on the interior. There was still some work to be here and there, but he always figured that having something in tip-top shape meant it had less character. From what he could gather from what Sinya decided to tell him, he had painted the picture of her being a sort of flighty and transient being trying to make it, much like himself. Although it seemed from what she said that she stuck to more legal concerns.

He listened intently to her as he latched his holster and blaster along with it inside a metal locker built into one of the side walls.

"My passion is dancing, but it seems that people...expect certain things."

Her statement there hit Drasius in a special way. He could never stand the way society worked itself out: you had the corporations on top, right in league with the government, and their empires were built upon the dreams of those they sought to exploit. It sounded like Sinya and even the little boy from earlier were victims of that very system, to differing degrees, naturally. The corruption of the entire capitalist system and the idea of serving the "man" always angered Kuze, considering the sort of dregs of society it bred to prey on people like Sinya. Man, I'm doing a lot of inferring already, Kuze thought, always thinking through many different facets of a situation based upon his personal views.

He heard her ask, "What about you, handsome? What's your story?" She grinned at him, pulling herself up on a plasteel container, crossing her legs and listening to him. "What drives you to maddness?"

Had she been reading my mind? Drasius took the time to wonder in amusement at the coincidence. Nonetheless he figured he would save his social theory spiel for another time. He laughed, "As for me, I'm from Deralia. You may have heard about a big civil war we had about...well I guess just six years ago now," he still couldn't believe that conflict when he thought back on it. He figured he would leave out his war stories for another day. Instead in a low, timid voice he said, "It all seems so long ago..."

Switching to a more upbeat tone, he answered the rest of her question, "And as for the madness thing, I can't bear to watch people be taken advantage of."

TAG: Sinya, Jav, Anyone

25. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
    "I can cook, I know a few engineerin. I can move on foot like no other plus I strong, I can do pyshical Labor" Vitch said back into the comm.

Tag: S2-56G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.