main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Legacy: "Fool's Gamble"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by R_Zion, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: S2-56G
    Fool?s Gamble Bridge

"I can cook, I know a few engineerin. I can move on foot like no other plus I strong, I can do pyshical Labor," Vitch said back into the comm.

S2?s Protocol programming cringed at the grammar and speech of the being on the other end, yet he sounded as if he could have some promise.

?Alright then, Mr. Vitch, if at all possible, please come to Landing Pad 267 at 1930 hours tonight and I will see if our Captain can squeeze you in for an interview. Is that alright??

TAG: Vitch

OOC: Which means, if you accept, don't have Vitch show up until I interview my other two prospects. I'll let you know when he can arrive, and don't forget to mention the holoposters to the Captain.

2. Tog

Tog Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2007
    ?Alright then, Mr. Vitch, if at all possible, please come to Landing Pad 267 at 1930 hours tonight and I will see if our Captain can squeeze you in for an interview. Is that alright?? said S2-56G.

"Hokay, 1930 tongih' I can do. Tank you so much." Said Vitch happily.

3. ChinaMonroe

ChinaMonroe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2006
    Mentally, Sinya fell off the plasteel container-physicaly, though, she just recrossed her legs, blinking.

And as for the madness thing, I can't bear to watch people be taken advantage of.

She thought for a moment, then started laughing, holding a hand over her mouth. "That's a soldier's attitude. Was it because of the civil war? I heard bits and pieces, read some of the stories, and such. I wasn't a full-time dancer then, so I was more confined on what I was doing."
    Quickly, she added, "But, it's okay if you don' wanna tell me. I'll understand."

She smiled, leaning back slightly until her back rested on the wall. She pulled her legs up into an 'indian style' crossing, setting her bag in her lap. A few warning triggers went off in her brain to not get too comfortable, but she decided to ignore them...for now.

TAG Kuze

4. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Drasius Kuze
    Cargo Bay, Fool's Gamble

Kuze laughed along with Sinya, then noticed when she shifted her position. He ventured that she may be even a little uneasy, although he couldn't guess why.

"That's a soldier's attitude. Was it because of the civil war? I heard bits and pieces, read some of the stories, and such. I wasn't a full-time dancer then, so I was more confined on what I was doing."
    Quickly, she added, "But, it's okay if you don' wanna tell me. I'll understand."

He held up his hands with a smile, "Don't worry, my war stories aren't interesting enough to bore you with," he lied through his teeth because he wasn't the kind to readily share stories about his more intense experiences in the Deralian civil war. "Although my hair did lose its color there," he gave his head a shake to demonstrate, "I'm only twenty five., hard to believe, huh?" He let out a laugh.

Behind him, echoing faintly through the corridors of the elderly vessel, he heard Jav talking to people outside. More newcomers, he surmised, Jav's going to have himself quite a crew in no time.

TAG: Sinya, Jav, Any

5. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Fool?s Gamble

"Hokay, 1930 tongih' I can do. Tank you so much." Said Vitch happily.

?No, thank you, Mr. Vitch. Have a good day.?

Switching off the Comm system, S2 grabbed a datapad from a nearby console and uploaded Kraid Tynne?s resume for his Captain to view and then recalled from memory the times for the interviews for Mr. Zass, Mr. Tynne and Mr. Vitch. Once everything was prepared, he turned and made his way off the bridge.

Crossing the ship, he made his way into the cargo bay where he found a white-haired Human and a dusty-purple Twi?lek chatting amongst the crates there.

?In those crates around you we have the tables and chairs the Captain plans to use to set up a small lounge for the crew here in the Cargo bay.? Trundling over, datapad in hand, the evergreen droid bowed to the two organics. ?Greetings and hello, I am S2-56G, the Captain?s assistant. Might I assume that you two are two new members of the crew and not just loiterers??

TAG: Sinya and Drasius

OOC: If you want to make any comments on the model of droid, look at S2's profile on the first page. I created a pretty good profile for their make, I think.

6. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
    Vitch got up and looked at his clock. 7PM it said. Vitch rubbed his eyes with his hands and got up. "1900 should get going long way I tink it is." Vitch said as he walked over to his closest and got dressed. He grabbed a spears and folded them down so they was easier to carrier. Vitch checked himself for all he equipment making sure he didnt forget anything. "Got armor, got War-spear, got throwin spears, got comm and moneys anytin I forgetin?" Vitch said to himself. Vitch shrugged and walked outside of his house. He closed his door and locked it before rolling into a ball and heading to Landing Pad 267.

7. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    OOC: Not yet, Tog. I still have more I want to do in the day before you come. We'll leave the post but say that it happens later in the day. I'll tell you when we're ready for you. ;)

8. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Azul and Rye

?Good?? The Duros in front of her looked down at the chronometer on his wrist. ??yes, Good Afternoon to you, indeed. I am Jav Boran, Captain of the Fool?s Gamble. Your brother told me you two might be interested in joining my crew and, since you fulfill the role of ?responsible adult? I am to assume, I wanted to talk to you personally. Tell me, why are you interested in joining the crew and what skills do you have to offer??

He smiled warmly, Azul blinked but gave a smile in return.

?Well? she started, knowing full well it would be foolish to expose all of her abilities at once, something she had taught Rye, and hoped he had stuck to ?I?m good with machines, I have a knack with medicine, or at least that?s what people say, I?m a quick learner, life?s taught me how to fight?? she made a pause, thinking back to her less than happy childhood ??Yep, quite well, I?m good with weapons also, either shotguns or whatever I can find, I can speak several languages, though I?m sure that can?t possibly be something rare this times??

?Yo, that was an understatement, the thing about fighting?? started Rye, but was silenced with a single glance from the auburn haired girl.

?Oh, please pay no attention to him, you know how kids are?? she smiled apologetically, as the cute blond boy nodded with another huge grin ?As for the reasons?? she decided to be truthful, as she didn?t feel like making up anything at the moment ?I?m not really in for the cash, but I?ve always liked travelling?plus, let?s get serious, I?m nineteen, and I gotta take care of this blond rat plus myself?it?s hard??

She stopped, not abruptly, but obviously not willing to continue. Instead she smiled again at the Duros.

Ryelee was getting quite bored; he took a step forward and leaned his head against her, Azul absently ran a hand through his messy blond hair.

?Well? smiled the iced-eyed teen with a cheerful voice ?I guess that would be all for me?The name?s Azul, by the way, Azul Hadrian?

Tag: R_Zion

9. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    IC: Kieran Zass

Kieran pulled himself up onto a moss-covered ledge on the side of a dilapidated skyscraper and looked out at the cityscape of Coruscant. Even more than a hundred years after the Yuuzhan Vong occupied the world, plant growth covered much of the Galactic Capital. Even more in the places not easily seen by visiting eyes- places that were not cleared as often as the more popular districts.
    Though he had spend a lot of time on Coruscant, Kieran had never really seen the legacy of the Yuuzhan Vong up close before. He had usually been at the Imperial Palace or accompanying one of the Masters to the glistening pyramidal structure of the Jedi Temple. Now, both places were off limits to him, and he was forced to take the back streets where the Yuuzhan Vong still had sway over the planet.
    Kieran looked up towards where he extrapolated the landing platforms would be. They were still quite a distance away, but he was making good time and felt constantly more sure that he would make his appointment on time.
    Stretching out with the Force, Kieran tried to grab a hanging vine out beyond the ledge he was standing on, but strangely he had trouble getting a grip on it. It was almost as if the vine was ignoring Kieran's order to find its way to his hand. Kieran concentrated harder, willing the vine to move and saw it nudge almost imperceptibly. Puzzled, Kieran frowned. By all assumptions, he should have been able to call the vine to him and swing on it to the walkway across from him. He tried again, and this time the vine curled upwards from tens of meters below. It was one of the strangest things Kieran had ever seen.
    As the vine curled up towards him, Kieran could see that there was something attached to the end of it. A strange glowing yellow ball about the size of his fist rose up to eye level, trailing the vine behind it. The ball darted back and forth, seemingly studying the Imperial Knight. It paused at his lightsaber, which Kieran protectively placed a hand on. Losing interest, the ball flicked back to stare Kieran straight in the eyes. It remained perfectly still for a moment, then blinked. Kieran didn't try to suppress the look of revulsion that crossed his face, and stared back at what he was certain was now an eye. Seemingly satisfied, the vine-eye coiled itself in front of Kieran on the ledge, and after Kieran did nothing, motioned from him to the length of vine still hanging from above.
    As far as Kieran could tell, the vine had been inspecting him and had deemed him worthy to use it to cross the gap between the ledge and the walkway.
    Pretty arrogant for a vine, Kieran thought as he grabbed it and kicked off the building.
    Once on the other side, Kieran thanked the vine in spite of himself and let it return to its original hanging position. Looking up towards the landing platforms again, Kieran silently thought to himself that he might have just witnessed one of the strangest things of his life and continued his trek to Landing Pad 267.

10. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
    ((Just posting it cause I might not have any time to post tommorow))

11. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: Captain Jav Boran
    Landing Pad 267, Newport District, Coruscant

?Well,? smiled the iced-eyed teen with a cheerful voice, ?I guess that would be all for me?The name?s Azul, by the way, Azul Hadrian.?

?Alright then, Miss Azul Hadrian, let me ask you this? This is a potentially dangerous profession you are trying to get you and your brother into. Are you positive you are ready for this danger and this responsibility?" He paused and looked the two over intently, matching both of their eyes. "I?ll admit, I?m intrigued by your mention of medical skills and proficiency with machines and combat is always appreciated, but I don?t want to get you into this life unless I know you?re willing to accept the danger, especially with the both of you being so young??

TAG: Ryelee/Azul

12. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    IC: Azul/Ryelee <filling in for Moonslightangel>

Azul watched the Duros captain, not backing down from her stance. She smiled at Jav, but gave Ryelee a warning tug on his hair that she had been playing with absently. Ryelee knew what that meant-don't say a word. "Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself and the little pest. Besides, if he gets too bad, we can always put him to work in the kitchen."

Ryelee made a disgusted face, but Azul mearly grinned down at him, a mischievous twinkle in her ice-blue eyes.

TAG: Jav

IC: Sinya

Sinya smiled at Kuze, shaking her head a bit at his question. I'm only twenty five., hard to believe, huh? He'd been talking about his hair.

"You don't look that old. I've seen more unusual things. The hair does suit you, in a way. Makes you look more refined." She knew better than to let her feelings guid her actions, but somehow the last part slipped out before she could stop herself.

Before she could apologize, an evergreen droid approached them. Greetings and hello, I am S2-56G, the Captain?s assistant. Might I assume that you two are two new members of the crew and not just loiterers?

Sinya laughed, nodding to the droid. Droids of similar models always intrigued her-they were shapped to look the most like a humanoid, but every model she'd chance to see had a rather large oval head. "I'm Sinya. The cutie Cap'tn Jav hired me and this handsome gentleman here just a few minutes ago." Forget appealing to a droid-that was a waste of time and effort. She smiled slightly, but more for her own sake as she talked with the droid.

TAG: Kuze, R_Zion

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Colonel Artemis Z.M. Veers

Crullov City, Corulag

The route they had chosen proved to be fortuitous for the loyalists. They had encountered little along the way, having stuck to the interiors of ruins when they could or in the shadows of rubble when they couldn't. They only sentients they had encountered were homeless civilians who cared nothing about the Imperials so long as they were not bothered by them. Once they had run into a sickly Aquilish with a foul temper whom they had to put down with a single stun bolt to keep him from attracting further attention.

Now they were starting to settle in a run down apartment complex that was mostly abandoned save for a few respectable civilians that were trying to make a living in the slime hole they called Crullov City's seedier district. Veers would have rather taken up residence in a building entirely abandoned but those would not have power or a comm line to use. He had one of his men posted outside their door without his armor so as to not attract more attention than they wanted. The rest of them tried to make use of the apartment's man-made landscape to build a defense in case they had to deal with either thugs or Krayt's Imperials. He also had his men scout out the surrounding area in case they had to make a hastey retreat and to see where an attack would most likely originate.

With recon completeled and what little defenses they could make out of their apartment, Veers left command of the others to his second while he took a much deserved and well overdue long, hot shower.

The water rained down on him in a steady rythem as he replayed and evaluated the last couple days events. He and his men had successfully entered the perimeter of the Sienar Fleet Systems production facility by posing as a replacement for the squad that had been lost during the overthrow of Emperor Fel. What he and his men apparently had not known was their contact had been a double agent assigned to watch for traitors trying to sabotage the facility. So after making contact with the man and receiving the proper authentication disks, the loyalists had walked right into a trap. Over half of his men had been killed and if it had not been for the quick thinking of Tempest, a stormtrooper with a temper that fought like a wild storm, he and the rest would have died as well.

Well he doubted that he would have died. He would have been captured alive and taken back to Coruscant where the Sith would interrogate him for the location of the Emperor. The thought of being tortured by Sith magics sent a chill up and down his back despite the hot water running over him. He had heard tales of what the Sith could do to a person in order to get them to devulge their knowledge. He had read a few from his great-grandfather's journal when the man had the chance to witness Lord Vader's interrogation methods.

Colonel Veers turned his mind away from what could have happened to him had they failed to escape the traitors and focused on what he and the others were going to do now. Their extraction point, without a doubt, was compromised thanks to the double agent so they could not hope to try and get offworld that way. Their only option was to try and commandeer a starship or hitch a ride with a smuggler. Both options seemed near impossible to do and that left Veers with little hope of getting off of this rock alive.

The two options would require them to recon the spaceport for a suitable craft, one that was armored and fast. Fast they could probably find, but armored he doubted it so they would have to settle for a ship that had a modified engine built for speed. Once they have found a suitable ship, for the first option they would have to figure out how to break in and steal the thing then somehow get clearance to leave. For the second option they'd have to convince the smuggler why he should take on six Imperials with death warrants on their heads. Although pointing a blaster in the man's face might be enough to convince him why he shouldn't

14. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: Captain Jav Boran and S2-56G

"I'm Sinya. The cutie Cap'tn Jav hired me and this handsome gentleman here just a few minutes ago."

S2 nodded his head, his photoreceptors glowing brightly. ?Ahh, I see. Then welcome aboard, sir and madame. It?s a pleasure to have you,? he said politely with a bow. ?Now, if you?ll excuse me, I must speak with the Captain about today?s appointments. Please make yourselves at home.?

With another slight bow, the Utility droid turned and made his way towards the landing ramp to speak with the Jav.

TAG: Drasius and Sinya

-----------------------------------------------------

"Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself and the little pest. Besides, if he gets too bad, we can always put him to work in the kitchen."

Ryelee made a disgusted face, but Azul mearly grinned down at him, a mischievous twinkle in her ice-blue eyes.

At the sight of the sibling quarrelling, Jav couldn?t help but laugh. Though you had to break them up if they did it for too long, watching children joke and prod each other verbally could be quite amusing. It reminded him a lot of?

He stopped his train of thought midstream. This was not the time for reminiscing. ?Well then, if you two are sure, stow your belongings in the cargo hold for now and welcome aboard.?

The two young ones ran off eagerly towards the landing ramp as S2-56G came shuggling down. The droid gave them an odd glance as he made his route, but didn?t stop or say anything, at first. He merely made his way over to the Captain. ?You?ve hired children, sir??

?What can I say? I thought they might be useful amongst the crew, beside,? he paused and looked towards the ground. ?I got the feeling they really needed to get away from here, which I couldn?t blame them. This could come back to bite me in the rear, but what can I say?.it?s a fool?s gamble.?

?Ahhh, yes?I see, sir.? Looking down and reactivating the datapad in his hand after it had gone into idle mode, S2 pulled from his memory all the events from the day. ?Nonetheless, I did all of the diagnostics as you requested and everything checks out. I also contacted Rik?s and was able to secure a meeting with Queen Jool for you in?somewhere around 45 minutes. Also, we had three calls today and I have set up a few interviews for you in the evening: A Mr. Kieran Zass at 1600, a Mr. Kraid Tynne at 1800 and a Mr. Vitch at 1930. Oh, and I have Mr. Tynne?s resume here.?

Taking the datapad from the droid?s hand, he quickly scanned the few pages on Tynne curiously. ?Well then, he seems quite capable??

?Oh yes, and he even said that he had some experience with the VT-49.?

Jav?s eyebrows raised in surprise. ?Did he? Well then, S2, I think we have a keeper. Still, I better get a feel for him first just to make sure he?ll fit in with the crew.?

?Yes, sir,? the droid responded, nodding his head. ?Shall I go gather the crew for our trip to Rik?s??

?Yeah, I guess we should get going. Go call them out.?

Again, S2 nodded his head in response and made his way over to the ramp. ?Everyone, would you please come out please! The Captain would like to speak to you!?

Jav merely slapped his forehead and ran his hand down over his face with a moan. ?I could have done that??

TAG: Sinya, Drasius, Rye/Azul

OOC: China, you can mention what I said before about the Bounty as we get ready to go. I guess I moved ahead of where you would have said it. Sorry ^_^;;

--------------------------------------------------------

IC: Old Anna
    Crullov City, Corulag

The damp, cold night air of Crullov made her joints ache. Slowly, Anna made her way up the multi-level stairway towards her floor, juggling a single bag of groceries in her arms. It wasn?t safe for a woman, much less as old a woman as she, to be out this late at night, but she had no food left in her meager apartment and needed something to help keep her strength up.

A weak cough eeked its way from her throat as finally you arrived on

15. Lava_Twilight

Lava_Twilight Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2007
    IC: Zukhon Durp

A lone scout sat in the corner of the cantina, his shiny armor blooming -- it was of the old-mandalorian prototype, apparently his favorite. He was awaiting a contact, seemingly someone whom was very predominant here on Coruscant in the art of dueling; something Zukhon himself was interested in looking into. Being a scout and a worthy melee opponent, he looked at every opportunity he could to tangle in the field of battle. Although he'd been informed his contact was a small rodian with a hunchback, a few trandoshan had just entered the room and had dispatched to go and search the cantina, possibly for him.

"You lookin' for someone?" bellowed the mandalorian accented youth.

"Goushka! Ssssk!" The lizard quickly turned on his padded heels, revealing a small ion rifle.

"That's all?" Durp mocked.

The armored figure stood, flaunting his large shiny vibroblade and knocking down the table and his drink in the process. Then, blaster fire erupted across the small complex singed patches appearing on the wall after each shot was made. The warrior sprung forth, the weapon high above his head in his tight grip. Swiftly, he decapitated the lanky brown assassin, turning to his friends who made a gallant decision to retreat, shouting threats back to him as they left - being the off-worlder he was, Zukhon managed to apprehend a small portion of the lizard's tongue.

"Not clever, not clever. We shall be back with our brethren to paint the walls with your blood, insect!"

"Yeah, run away! I'm a wanted man regardless," his filtered tone was hardly decipherable to those amongst the crowd and then the additional bleeping of the widescreen panel above the bar. A holo-graphic appeared, almost crackling.

<WANTED: Skill Professionals wanted to crew former Imperial transport vessel. Three positions available. Should have some piloting or gunnery experience.

Also, up to six positions available in For-Hire enterprise. See the sights. Meet interesting people. Reasonable pay with plenty of hours. Full-time position. Should be familiar with various weapons-types. Engineering or Computer skills a plus.

EOE. No drug tests required.

If interested, please contact Captain Jav Boran on Comm signal #21964588 or apply in person at Landing Pad 267 in Newport district, Coruscant.>

"Imperial cruiser? Sounds interesting, but I've got better things to worry about." He returned to his table, to find his drink in ruins below his feet. He began to reconsider, his hand on his chin, the smashed glass on the floor representing his shattered identity on this planet, and the fact that there wasn't anything here for him anymore. He snatched the small communication unit from the wall, inserting what appeared to be credits. The signal took a while to connect, but after a minute or two, the droning tone ceased to exist; the comm had finally established a link.

"I guess I'm through. The name's Zukhon. Are there any positions available? I'm looking to get involved in your enterprise."

TAG:
    R_Zion, anyone misfortunate enough to be caught near the cantina.
    OOC: I figure you all know that the typical Ord Mantell speaks basic, but Zukhon is a Mandalorian by ancestory means, of which I'd like to remain inexplicable since it's all too confusing at the moment. What I'm trying to say is that he sounds Australian. :p

It's a bit rough, I know, you guys really do post a lot in three days though. I guess I needed a speedy entrance. Editied for clarification.

16. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004

After having called the others from the ship, S2 heard a slightly chiming coming from his arm. Opening a small compartment there, he found his commlink, currently on the same frequency as the ship?s comm. system. Apparently they had another applicant.

?Greetings, this is S2-56G and you have reached the Fool?s Gamble, ship of Captain Jav Boran. How may I help you today, sir??

"I guess I'm through. The name's Zukhon. Are there any positions available? I'm looking to get involved in your enterprise."

?Hello, then, Mr. Zukhon. Yes, we do have a few positions available. Tell me, how did you find out about our enterprise and what skills do you have to offer?

TAG: Zukhon

17. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Drasius Kuze
    Cargo Bay, Fool's Gamble

Kuze was flattered when Sinya had told him his hair made him look refined. He actually took it as quite a compliment, because lately more and more mercenaries and arms runners were losing their manners, opting instead to become increasingly desperate - it was really a shame. Give people like us a bad name, Drasius thought, almost allowing himself a chuckle.

It was then that the droid who was Jav's companion entered the bay. After questioning their legitimacy which was explained away by Sinya, it spoke again. ?Ahh, I see. Then welcome aboard, sir and madame. It?s a pleasure to have you,? he said politely with a bow. ?Now, if you?ll excuse me, I must speak with the Captain about today?s appointments. Please make yourselves at home.?

The S2 droid sauntered away in its own fashion, leaving Sinya and Kuze alone in the bay again. He looked over at her while standing up to run his hand along a bulkhead. "You have to love the old Imperial ship designs..." he was about to continue but he heard the S2's non-organic voice echo down the hallway, infiltrating his ears. "Everyone, would you please come out please! The Captain would like to speak to you!?

"I guess we're everyone," Kuze said with a shrug, gesturing to the doorway with a 'ladies first.'

A few moments later they were outside, with Jav in the center of everyone - in control. Kuze was glad that the man was such a willing leader, in addition to the good-natured discipline that he possessed.

Drasius spoke to his captain jokingly, pretending to rub his eyes, "Jav, I was just getting comfortable sleeping between those boxes." He would never take life too seriously if he could help it.

TAG: Sinya, Jav, Anyone

18. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
    Vitch
    Landing Pad 267, Newport District, Coruscant 1927 hours

Vitch rolled up the ramp to the Landing Pad, his spears making a soft clanking noise in his satchel and his spiked armor leaving very small dents in the ramp. He reached the top of the ramp and got up, he looked at the VT-49 Decimator that stood on the pad. "So tat is te Gambel, eh?" Vitch said to himself before walking towards it.

Tag: Zion

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000

Crullov City, Corulag

The stormtrooper snapped his head toward the old crone and placed a hand on his blaster but did not draw it from it's holster. "My apologies ma'am," he answered and then raised his other fist to his mouth and softly spoke; "Sir, we have a problem."

"What kind of problem?" came the reply in his ear piece.

"The apparent owner has returned."

"I thought this place was abandoned."

"What shall I do about the old lady then?"

"She armed?"

"She's armed with fruit and vegetables... sir."

There was a pause and then the door swooshed open. Colonel Veers stepped outside fully dressed in his uniform and a blaster clipped to his side. "Ma'am, my apologies for the intrusion. If you do not mind, I would like to discuss our presence inside?"

TAG: Zion

20. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004

The Captain smiled a bit as he looked his four man crew over. It was certainly? an assorted bunch, but he had faith in them. Now all that remained, besides interviewing and getting a few more crew members, was to book them a job to make a few credits.

?Alright, boys and girls,? he announced, clapping his hands together. ?We?re going to take a little trip down to Rik?s bar so that I can talk to Queen Jool about hooking us up on a bar. Despite being a Hutt, the Queen likes no violence in her bar, so I want you all to be on your best behavior. Keep your weapons holstered unless it?s a matter of life or death, and even then, try to take it outside. I?ve managed to keep a good relationship with Jool over the years and I don?t want her to think I can?t handle a crew.?

TAG: Sinya, Drasius, Ryelee/Azul

------------------------------------------

Crullov City, Corulag

Anna double blinked as an Imperial officer came marching out of her apartment without warning.

"Ma'am, my apologies for the intrusion,? he began, trying not to alarm the woman. ?If you do not mind, I would like to discuss our presence inside?"

Nodding slowly to herself, she walked up and looked the Officer over. ?Well, if you aren?t just a little conspicuous in this area of the city. Yes, let?s go inside.? Abruptly, she took her bag of groceries and shoved them into the Imperials arms. ?Take those for me and put them into the kitchen for me, will you? They were getting awfully heavy. Now come along and I?ll fix you boys some hot tea and we can talk.?

TAG: Veers

21. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    IC: Ryelee/Azul <MoonlightsAngel>

We?re going to take a little trip down to Rik?s bar so that I can talk to Queen Jool about hooking us up on a bar. Despite being a Hutt, the Queen likes no violence in her bar, so I...

Ryelee heard the words, then suddeny got a bit scared. Reaching over and grabbing Azul's arm, he pulled on it, trying to get her attention.

"Hey, Azzie, what if..." He brgan to say before she cut him off with a wave of her hand.

Sighing, Azul looked to the Duros Captain, a slightly pained expression on her face. "It seems that somehow Ryelee has a bounty on his head. I don't know who or what it's for. We've already run into some of the hunters today..." Her soft voice trailed off, the pained expression on her face still apparent.

Ryelee, feeling embarressed as he'd never had a bounty on his head before and didn't want to get Azul into harm, slightly ducked behind her, but still held onto her arm tightly.

TAG: Jav

22. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004

"It seems that somehow Ryelee has a bounty on his head. I don't know who or what it's for. We've already run into some of the hunters today..."

Jav?s brow furrowed as he looked on the two of them, but he could help but throw off his frustration and gave an exasperated sigh. He knew what is was like to have those after his life, but to be so young and to have a death mark? ?No wonder you two are so eager to get off of this planet. I wish you would have told me a little sooner.? He shook his head and then tried to look at them with a sympathetic expression. ?I?ll talk to Queen Jool while I?m there, see if I can find out some information on the Bounty and if there?s anything I can do to get it settled.?

Reaching out, he tried to place a hand on Ryelee?s shoulder. ?Don?t worry, you two. You?re a part of my crew now. I won?t let anything happen to you.?

TAG: Sinya, Drasius, the Hadrians

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000

Crullov City, Corulag

The Colonel blinked once before smartly recovering and doing what the old crone asked. He could see out of the corner of his eye the stormtrooper smirking and gave him a cold stare which quickly ended the smirk. Veers followed the woman inside and nodded to the four others to relax as he placed the groceries into the kitchen. He waited for the woman to finish before having her join him in the living room.

"Again my apologies for the intrusion," Veers began as he sat down on a sofa, Womprat had rejoined them some minutes ago. "We had thought this place to be abandoned hence one of the reasons why we're here." He scrutinized her and wondered how much he could trust her. She looked like an old grandmother who would prefer the honest truth rather than a deceptive lie. But he knew appearances can be deceiving. Still if they could not gain her help, he would have to go to other desperate measures.

"I will be honest with you as to why we're here," he continued, looking down at the cup of tea which he had yet to drink. "My men and I are here seeking sanctuary; a place to rest, regroup, and plan our a next move. There are other Imperials hunting us mainly because we chose to remain loyal to the true Emperor rather than swear fialty to the Sith ursuper."

Veers paused for a moment to let that sink in before continuing. "We will not stay any longer than you want us to. If you do not wish to help us escape this planet, we will find another place to hide in and I'll leave a nice compensation as payment for the resources that we have used here. However, if you do choose to help us, His Imperial Majesty will reward those who help restore his throne."

TAG: Zion

24. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    IC: Kraid Tynne
    Rattle Diner, Newport, Coruscant

Kraid avoided cantinas as much as he could. He was sick and tired of dealing with drunken, trigger-happy fools. No, he liked restaurants and diners, a place where he could enjoy a relaxing meal or drink by himself or with a friend. This time he was with a friend for what might be his last meal on Coruscant for a while.

Sitting across from Kraid was perhaps his best friend in the galaxy, at least the only person that he trusted on the same level as his family: Drit, the Devaronian who was once a dirty mercenary and was now very clean.

"So that last job didn't work out so well, eh?" Drit let out as he stabbed at the last of his salad with his fork.

Kraid was leaning back in chair, hands behind his head, staring at his empty plate. "You know, Drit, maybe if I had two sets of teeth like you, I'd get somewhere in life. And horns, can't forget the horns."

"Maybe you should rid your head of that ridiculous hair," Drit replied with the same, dry sarcasm, chewing his food and pointing his fork at Kraid. "That'd be a start in the right direction."

"Can't believe I took the job. Well, I can. The punk offered a ton of credits up front."

"You are a hot commodity here on the commercial docks." Drit put down his utensil, folded his arms and looked at his friend. "You sure showed the punk a lesson. Everyone's talking and laughing about it."

"An unintended lesson. Someone could've been killed."

"Oh, how sweet! Kraid has developed feelings for others."

Kraid couldn't help smiling at the stab. "I'm not the same blockhead of the Smashed Fist you knew. Speaking of not being the same blockhead, how's the wifey?"

"Lyssa of course is running the business with an iron fist rather than a smashed one," Drit chuckled.

"Still amazes me that I know two of the oddest Devaronians in the galaxy."

"Hey, I'm lucky she allowed me to marry her! A sweet Devaronian girl breaking down barriers by not living on Devaron, running a successful, and legitimate, may I add for the hundredth time before you interrupt me, delivery service in Newport, and even allowing her husband of all people to be as involved as she is in running the business... a blessing!"

"Yeah, just make sure you name your first-born son after me and I won't complain."

"'Kraid,' yes, what a fine Devaronian name that would be."

"Hey, break down some more barriers, why don't you?"

"How about working for Lyssa and me first?"

"And ruin our beautiful relationship? Really, I do enjoy getting yelled at by people I don't know."

Drit smiled at his friend. He still had the sarcasm bit down. "Are your parents finally accepting the checks that you send them?"

"Geez, yeah, the old coots. I was able to convince them that it wasn't mercenary stuff, or "blood money" as they like to call it. Had to kriffing send them pictures of me in the commercial docks as well as argue with them for an hour over the comm."

"Well, you can't blame them for having higher standards than us, now, can you?"

"Sheesh. At least you bring yourself down with me. And no." Kraid stared at the ceiling. "I can't blame them. I know now, as I knew then, that deep down they were right, no matter how I tried to argue it. Merc stuff is nasty."

"So you got that nice and pretty bank account back on Kuat and your parents won't touch any of that."

"Accounts, and yep. As much as I want to give them a bunch of it. Guess it'll be my retirement fund."

"So retire now!" Drit leaned forward and put his elbows on the table. "I don't get you. You've got all those credits, you go on and on about returning to Kuat and leading a normal life of being a starship engineer, but you're still in this freelance technician/engineer-for-hire business. Go home and live an easy life! With those credits, you'll have girls storming towards you. And I know about you humans, females your age, they want a husband, they want someone stable so they can have kids and be happy."

"Good job on stereotyping, there."

"There's a reason the stereotype

25. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Anna?s Apartment, Crullov City, Corulag

With a rusted metal tray in hand, Anna returned from the kitchen with cups enough for herself and the remaining troopers. It was hardly a fancy fare. Most of them were chipped, cracked and faded, but she offered what she had to them freely. All the while, she listened to the young man who spoke, having served him first before herself and the others and took in everything she said. Returning to take a seat beside him, she poured out some of the warm tea from the pot sitting on her make-shift coffee table, in reality a sheet of metal plating and some bricks, and took a sip of her own drink.

?I used to live in this place with my grandson until he left me to try to pursue his own fortunes. I can?t blame him, I suppose. What young man would want to stay in a pit of a city like this with a 99-year-old woman.? Lifting her cup to her dry, cracked lips, she sipped her tea. ?I can?t say I know much of Galactic politics like you?ve said. Not much use to know here in Crullov, but if you boys are in as much trouble as you have said and haven?t broken any just laws, then you are free to stay here as long as you need, but you?re going to need less conspicuous clothing. Not many officers or their soldiers care to wander down here.?

Anna stood to her feet shakily and pointed to the hallway at the other end of the apartment. ?Down that hallway is my bedroom and underneath the bed are some old clothes of my husband?s and my grandson?s. They?re not the most fashionable fare, but it?s better than what you?re wearing now for blending in. And keep your rewards. Just knowing that I?ve helped someone in need is all the reward I want.?

TAG: Veers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.