main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Legacy: "Fool's Gamble"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by R_Zion, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Jasen couldn't help but let one of the biggest smiles creep onto his face. This was it, finally something new. Jasen has a great feeling about the Fool's Gamble. Both he and the Captian walked up the ramp, into the ship. Jasen looked around as Jav kept walking towards a direction. Not to bad, Jasen thought to himself.

He passed several crew members, only giving them friendly nods for now. After he sit his stuff down, then he would meet everyone. Finally, Jasen found his bunk and let his back pack slip of his shoulders and onto the ground. With his boots he pushed the pack under his bed, then took his coat off. He threw it onto his bed, and turned towards the door.

He walked throughout the ship, then coming up behind Jav as he talked to his droid and some other crew member. Jasen would wait patiently and let the Captian introduce him when he felt that he should.

TAG: Anyone

2. ChinaMonroe

ChinaMonroe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2006
    OOC: OMG, I'm baaaaaaaaaaack. Okay, so pardon if my RPing skills are a bit rusty, and sorry for my long absence. Thanks Zion for keeping my little twi'lek alive!

Sinya
    Fool's Gamble

Sinya walked around the side of the ship massaging her hands. They ached from the constant work she'd been doing for the last few days on the exterior wiring of the ship. The small tools and tiny spaces she had to work with always made her fingers throb when she finished. Pulling her protective goggles up onto her forehead, she smiled as she passed Erik and the others around him.

True, she could of gone the shorter way and would of already been inside the ship and just that much closer to the showers, but she felt that one last walk around might reveal some odd wiring she might of missed.

It didn't reveal anything out of the ordinary for a ship being worked on, so she went ahead and entered the ship she'd been employed on for a good while now. Well, a good while according to her standards.

Stopping by her small locker in the crew's area, she headed to the 'fresher to...freshen up. About thirty minutes later she wandered into the galley. Sinya grabbed herself a drink and plopped down onto a chair at the too small table.

Sinya sat there, drinking and inspecting her hands. Her normally purple skin had taken on a rather reddish tone and there were small burns, scraps, cuts, and other wounds from use. Silently, she thanked that she was no longer a dancer. With the way her skin looked at the moment, they'd laugh her off stage. She just hoped that the job would last long enough to allow the wounds to heal in case she'd have to dance again in the near future.

TAG: Mitth, Jav, any?

3. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

Kraid, temporarily mesmerized by the screen, pulled himself away to face S2. "No, nothing else, S2. I think we're all good, the final built-in test is running right now."

Soon after, the Captain appeared and requested a status report.

"Well, Cap'n, the final built-in test of the diagnostic is running, and it's done... now!" Kraid pointed to the view screen as a beep sounded and torrents of screens from the diagnostic final report flashed on screen. "We have Zem and company doing some final fixing up topside. I'm just going to run through some of the results here, give it a final check, and then we're good to go!"

The engineer finally noticed the man standing by the Captain. He motioned towards the man. Kraid gave a smirk. "Another one that hates the government, Cap'n?"

TAG: Jav

4. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: Captain Jav Boran
    Bridge- Fool?s Gamble

Jav stifled a laugh and smiled widely as Kraid noticed Jasen, who he himself had failed to noticed a few seconds earlier. ?I don?t know what political affiliations he holds, but he is Corellian and comes recommend by Drasius so take from that what you will. Kraid Tynne, meet our newest Mercenary-for-hire, Jasen Jelavan. Jasen, meet our Chief Engineer, Kraid Tynne.?

?Oh, and I am S2-56G,? inserted the evergreen droid as he eased in from behind the Duros. ?I am Captain Boran?s assistant and Co-pilot. It?s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Jelavan!?

?You all get acquainted,? Jav said with a smile as he squeezed his way over to the comm. station. ?I have something I have to take care of quick.? Playing with the controls momentarily, he activated the shipboard comm. and broadcasted within and without the ship. ?Attention all crew, this is Captain Jav. There?s going to be a mandatory crew meeting in the lounge in ten minutes. Passengers are welcome to attend and are, in fact, encouraged.?

After shutting off the shipboard comm., he next dialed up Azul?s commlink. ?Hey, Azul, it?s the Captain. I need you back at the ship pronto. I suggest you say your goodbyes to your mentor now as we?ll be pulling out of Eisley soon.?

TAG: Kraid, Jasen, Wyl, Sinya, Zem, Erik and Dak, Aden, Vitch, Azul and Ryelee

IC: Docking Bay 91- Mos Eisley- Tatooine

From the far entrance of the Docking Bay from where the Fool?s Gamble rested, four men and a droid entered into the great dusty pit. Each of the men were elderly looking humans, each distinctly different though one immediately recognizable to anyone who had recently been to Tirbit?s compound, Roland-12, who held in his arms a small, rabbit-like creature with a bushy tail and dark gray fur. Accompanying them was the floating obsidian orb of DR-10, Tirbit?s ever loyal, if not somewhat abrasive, Protocol Droid. The small party approached the ship and took up a position near the landing ramp.

?Mr. Zem!? Roland-12 called out, sounding particularly sane this time as he looked up towards the top of the ship. ?You?ve been most late in payment of your 2,500 credits to Master Tirbit! We?ve come to collect them!?

TAG: Zem

5. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

"A Corellian," Kraid dryly remarked. So, a Kuati spacer and a Corellian spacer walk into a bar...

Kraid turned around and started paging through the diagnostic report before the Captain's meeting. "So Jasen, what are you? Ex-Imp?" Sarcastic, yet somewhat paranoid. There were already enough Imp lovers on board.

TAG: Jasen

6. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Jasen

After Jasen had met Kraid, he noticed the man had a strong grip. Jasen looked around his surrondings. He really liked what he saw. The Captian has made an annocement as the driod introduced himself to Jasen. So far, no one had mentioned anything about his name. That was very good.

Kriad asked his question and turned, doing something. Jasen only smiled and shook his head.

"I'm full of Corellian pride, thats for sure. No, I'm not a seperatist. I'm just your galaxy friendly Merc. But I can tell you one thing, I kriffing hate Imps. Kriffing hate them. Hate em almost as much as I hate the Jedi and Sith. This galaxy is all screwed up because of them, just look at our history. So what about you?" Jasen asked a possible new friend.

TAG: Kraid, any

7. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

Kraid couldn't keep his disbelief from being shown on his face. Who does this guy think he is, and what spice is he on? Galaxy-friendly merc? Those exist? Corellian pride? Well, the Corellians Kraid knew were usually idiots, never mind if they hated Force users. Something was up with this guy.

Fight fire with fire, perhaps.

"Me? I'm a Kuati in service of Xim's great empire. Was your merc group in service to his great empire?"

Kraid continued staring at the viewscreen, paging through the diagnostic report.

TAG: Jasen

8. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    IC:
    Jasen

"Kuati, eh?" Jasen decieded to test the man. See how much of his Corellian sarcasim he could take. "So are you some noble, fun-loving 'royal we' crowd? You know, you go get your nails painted and such. Well, nonetheless you guys make some mighty fine ships." Jasen laughed.

Kraid seemed to be waiting his answer about Xim. Jasen figured the man must have been joking, seeing as how Xim had been dead for about 24,000 years. At least he hoped Kraid was kidding...or this would be some interesting trip.

"Yeah, I know Xim. Ahh good ol' Xim. I haven't seen him since the conqeust for Tion Cluster." Jasen said with a sraight face. Perhaps that wasn't the answer Kraid was looking for, but he would see. Jasen leaned against the bulk head and folded his arms.

TAG: Kraid

9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Wyl Lorrka

The door to Wyl's bunk stuck as it tried to slide closed. Wyl heard this, turned back around, and kicked it. It retracted a bit and closed smoothly. So maybe not everything was running perfectly. Rolling his eyes, Wyl continued on towards the comm station, hoping to catch the captain on the way.

Yallini's package weighed his pocket down, and Wyl planned to unload it on Jav as soon as possible. It must have been important, and Wyl had been confused about Jav's intimations that he and Yar'sha had met before. That Jav would have contact with criminals was well established, by now. His current occupation was "smuggler," after all. That he might be connected with the likes of Black Sun had never occurred to Wyl, though. As the lift moved up towards the bridge - Good work, Kraid - Wyl turned the odd package over and over in his pocket. It radiated a soft warmth. That may not have been a good thing.

The lift hissed open, and Wyl walked out, calling the captain's name before he even saw him, adding, "I've got a little gift for you from our...tattooed friend." Reaching into his pocket he held out the crudely wrapped object.

It was then that he noticed the new face talking to Kraid. "Who's he?" he whispered.

TAG: The bridge over the river...Fool's Gamble.

10. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: Captain Jav Boran
    Bridge- Fool?s Gamble

Wyl?s voice drew Jav?s attention from the comm as he awaited Azul?s response and he soon found himself in possession of a small, wrapped object. ?That over there is our new crewman? Jasen Jelavan. A Corellian chap recommended to me by an old friend who had to leave my employ. Go say hello.?

Slowly unwrapping the package in his hand, the Duros? eyes widened as he eyed the glowing treasure in his hand. A lambent, the ovular ?fruit?, luminescent blue fruit of a certain Yuuzhan Vong plant. Truly a treasure? they were harder to come by than thud bugs on the black market, not that many people were clamoring for them since they didn?t make ?big booms.? Smooth to the touch, it warmed his hand and gave him a generally pleasant sensation. Glancing up, though, he looked to make sure the others were occupied before slipping it into his pants? pocket and returning to the comm. station to await Azul?s reply.

TAG: The Bridge

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    The Imperials

Fool's Gamble

What a bad time to have someone interrupt a conversation between two Imperials who suspected each other of being Imperials but unsure as to which faction they belonged to. Zem gave the man an apologetic smile before walking over to the edge of the ship to look down at the small group that had approached the Gamble.

"Of course, Mister Roland," Zem replied calmly, thinking quickly on how he could get out of this. "You impugn my honor by coming here thinking I will not pay up, sir."

TAG: Zion, Sinre

12. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: Artemis Z.M. Veers, Erik ?Womprat? Derkin, DR-10 and Roland-12
    Docking Bay 91- Mos Eisley- Tatooine

Calmly, Roland-12 reached up and put his hand onto the back of the rabbit-like creature. ?No impugnation is expressly intended, Mr. Zem,? the Synthdroid called up to him, ?However, our Master would be most consternated if you did not acquiesce to our solicitations. The credits, please.?

"Yes well..." Zem replied, "It was agreed that I would return to pay the rest of what is owed.?

?Indeed it was, but you?ve also been involved in helping repair this ship for the past two weeks without sending any word on the status of your payment to Master Tirbit. No doubt in that amount of time, if it was able to fly in by itself, it should be able to fly out again relatively soon. So, we ask again, Mr. Zem? the credits, please.?

"As you have stated, I've been busy," Zem answered. He knew he was being backed into a corner. "You'll get your credits when I come to pay."

The orbular, hovering DR-10 pushed its way to the forefront of the crowd, blaster extended. ?Roland-12 may not want to ?impugn? on your honor, but I will. I don?t trust you, human. I feel you?re going to try to back out on our agreement, if you ever had any intention to honor it at all.?

?All we ask is that,? Roland interrupted, ?while we?re here, give us the credits you owe us and you?ll be free to go.?

Erik, who had been standing nearby and watching the exchange, immediately drew his own blaster and pointed it at the floating ball of machinery. Zem kept his own weapon in its holster, but his hand remained on the butt. "I would love to give you the credits but... there is a slight problem with that."

?Which is??

"I gave you the last of my credits already," the Imperial answered and then quickly added, "I do not intend to back out on my part of the agreement. I just... can't pay right at this moment."

?That is regrettable,? DR-10 bellowed menacingly. ?Perhaps then Master Tirbit should investigate your past a bit? See if there?s anything there which would make up for the missing 2,500 credits if sold to the proper bidder.?

Roland inclined his head downward and seemed to stroke the creature in his arms. ?It would indeed be regretable to do that and Master Tirbit would prefer not to have to dig up that which doesn?t need to be found. If you can suggest some other means of payment, however??

The Colonel paled visibly at the threat thrown at him. Although he was certain he didn't have any skeletons in his closet, the fact he was a Loyalist would be more than enough to pay back what he owed the informant. The Sith would happily pay whoever came forth with information concerning Fel's followers.

"Give me time," Zem said once he found his voice again. It sounded strained to his own ears. "I can pay up what I owe, I just need time."

?When will your ship be disembarking??

"I... do not know," Zem said. "The Captain hasn't spoken on that subject yet since we're in the midst of repairs."

?Then we would speak with your Captain. Please.?

The Colonel swallowed thickly before answering; "He's not here at the moment."

?Again, regrettable. When he returns, tell him that we would like to speak with him and will be in touch later in the afternoon.? Turning on heal, the procession made their way back towards where they had entered the docking bay and soon disappeared from sight.

Erik looked to his commander, waiting for what they were going to do about this problem. He did not know what had transpired back at Tirbit's place so he does not really know what kind of situation his superior was in. "Sir?"

Zem glanced at the younger man and sighed in frustration. He said nothing before turning to look back at the man he had been conversing with before this had all come about. "Things just keep getting interesting on this dust ball, don't you agree?"

TAG: Aden

13. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

"Yeah, Wyl, say hello to our galaxy-friendly, Corellian merc," said Kraid with no hint of enthusiasm. Hopefully Wyl would keep the Corellian busy as he continued scanning the diagnostic report on the view screen.

"Just say when, Cap'n, and I'll head down for your meeting. Looks like nothing's wrong so far."

TAG: da bridge peoples

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002

Wyl nodded an offered a grin. "Jasen, eh? You wouldn't happen to know anyone by the name of Lumiya, huh?" He snorted, then added, "Uh...yeah, you probably get that a lot, huh?" He shrugged. "Well...ol'val! Khasaan'l! Do you know any Olys Correllsi?" He grinned, eyebrows raised. The ensuing silence, however, left him discouraged.

TAG: Jasen, the Bridge

15. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

Still staring at the view screen, Kraid let out a little chuckle. "Wagyx. That's the only one I learned. Some stuffy, Corellian merc I knew kept on calling his men that."

TAG: bridge

16. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    IC:
    Jasen

Jasen rolled his eyes. Great, the Jacen Solo jokes had begun. Jasen knew it was only a matter of time. Jasen got the feeling that this Kraid didn't like him, at all. He wasn't sure about the one named Wyl. He was the one that cracked the Jacen Solo joke.

"Ol'val, Wyl. Seems like Kraid here has some petchuck towards the Corellisi, eh? So are you friends with our nail-painting, ship building, prancing Kraid here?" Jasen smiled. If this Kraid fellow didn't like him, Jasen figured he would make the most of it. Not many people had high opionins of Corellians, espically after the Confederation-Alliance war. Jasen had gotten use to it, and it didn't bother him. He just hoped they would all get along when the situation called for it, a situation like battle.

"Alright," Jasen smiled. "Enough with the jokes for now. Tell me about yourselves. Or are you two just going to be wagyxs?" Jasen said to the both of them.

TAG: Wyl, Kraid

17. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

"I paint my nails, build ships, and prance about," Kraid muttered. He kept paging through the report on the view screen.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Aden Kya, atop the Gamble

"Who are you really?" Zem was outright demanding, and Aden turned back to face him fully. The ex-Imperial Knight snapped back, narrowing his eyes. The way Zem had jumped to conclusions, accusing Aden of being one of Krayt's goons first and foremost, instantly saw the man, and probably his cohorts, placed in Roan Fel's faction.

He jabbed his finger out, ready to launch into a littany that would have seen a brawl on any world in the Outer Rim outside the Empire. He had a hundred words to threw, all filled with the vehemence the Emperor deserved. Aden had led Imperial Knights to fight the Jedi against the Emperor's orders. He'd killed a corrupt and buffoon Moff and usurped an entire fleet to destroy the Jedi and Alliance. He had tried to stop the Emperor from giving the galaxy to the Sith. He had organised an attempt to force him to step down, and given the order to kill the Emperor.

Because the Emperor had been an idiot. Caught up in his kriffin' political games, and not seeing that one day, sooner rather than later, the Sith would usurp his Empire and destroy everything the Imperial Knights had worked for. And now what? The Emperor was on the run, and the Sith ruled the Galaxy again, in an Empire more Sith than any before it.

He took a breath, and then stopped, cut off by an inane voice. ?Mr. Zem! You?ve been most late in payment of your 2,500 credits to Master Tirbit! We?ve come to collect them!? Aden turned, glaring daggers at the newcomer, who didn't seem to acknowledge him. If Aden had the Force, he would have strangled the interruption there and then.

Zem gave Aden an apologetic smile and turned away, which the Knight didn't notice. There was an exchange, which the strange pair returned in kind. Money owed, and a Captain sought. Nothing interesting, though Aden could see Zem wilt at the threatened investigation. Erik and him exchanged comments, and Aden, still seething, still wishing he could strangle the life out of any of them, simply didn't notice, or care.

"Things just keep getting interesting on this dust ball, don't you agree?"

At that, Aden simply deflated. He'd wound himself up. After arguing with the others about the Empire, and losing, and after being in exile since the war ended...and after killing Lia, the Chiss Imperial Knight...he'd lost alot. Maybe. Somewhere. Lost it in the Outer Rim.

Aden released a breath, and closed his eyes. "Zem. You know what I am. You don't need to know who I am. Or what I was. Does it matter how you deserted, or the fact that you did? Does it matter that I believe that both Emperor's play with the life's of trillions, and it's a winner-take-all bout to the finish line, regardless of the little men?"

The ex-Knight looked at Zem, and Erik. "I know what you are, too. Loyalists. You instantly accused me of being Krayt's lackey, rather than Fel's. Erik almost had a fit when I mentioned the worlds near the old Empire. The pure Empire. The one which went to war because the Yuuzhan Vong had ruined the Ossus Project. Not to rule it, like the Moff's and Sith sought. The Emperor was supposed to stop that. He didn't. He couldn't. Or wouldn't."

"So that's all you need to know." The rest...the actual treachery, and the surname, would tell more of the story than Aden wanted out. The attempt on the Emperor, and the death of Lia, they were hidden, squashed by the Imperial HoloNet. Unless Zem was close to the Emperor.

Which Aden prayed he was not. The ex-Knight looked at the Imperials, expectant. He was ready to drop his holdout and go for them, throw himself back into the ship and lock them out, hijacking it and escaping with Li. He raised his chin, jutting it out, and reminding himself how an Imperial should stand.

TAG: Mitth

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    The Imperials

Fool's Gamble

An Imperial who deserted both factions? Zem stared hard at the man as if he were a rebel admitting to his actions against the Empire and then softened his features before speaking. Whoever this man was exactly, he did not know but he must have seen things and heard things that he disagreed with that would make him desert his position.

"Sometimes... we choose a side because we believe it to be the lesser of two evils, but to not to choose a side at all and sit by and do nothing because you disagree with the politics of either one is a far greater evil," Zem replied and then walked away from Aden. Erik studied him for a few seconds more before rejoining his superior in finishing their welding job.

TAG: Sinre

20. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] =D=

IC:Wyl Lorrka

Wyl stifled a snort of laughter at Kraid's comment. When he recovered, he drew a deep breath. "Um," he said, "Well...I'm a writer. And...I know a lot of people. I'm from Chandrila, originally. Um...I don't know."

He continued to be a bit awkward meeting new people, but he was at least reassured that he hadn't made a wagyx of himself dropping words of Olys Correllsi.

TAG: The Bridge

21. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

"Whoa, calm down there, Wyl, no need to get excited over this." Kraid's eyes still didn't leave the view screen, but spoke to the Corellian. "Wyl here is wanted in 5 sectors, ya know that, 'ellian? Seen him kill several beings with only a pen and flimsiplast. Pretty brutal. Don't kark with him."

Kraid suddenly shut off the view screen and started walking to the lift tubes. "Cap'n, all's good. Headin' to the lounge for your meeting." With that, Kraid exited the bridge and sat in the lounge, waiting for everyone else.

22. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002

Wyl, keeping up with Kraid, kept a straight face and shrugged modestly. "Well, if my blue friend is right, it's more than just five, so get your story, straight. Then again, I'v almost gotten myself killed with those tools of destruction, meself. The pen is mightier than the vibrosword, you know, especially if you throw it hard."

TAG: The bridge

23. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    IC:
    Jasen

Jasen also followed Kraid and Wyl as they made it into the lounge area for the meeting the Captian had called. He knew for sure now, Kraid did not like him at all. Wyl, he wasn't so bad, Jasenn had surmised. Besides the Caedus joke, he was an alright fellow. He also knew old Corellian, so that was a plus.

Jasen sat right beside the Kuati, streching out on the couch to get on his nerves and making himself at home. He crossed his feet and turned, facing Kraid.

"So, my prancing friend...you got yourself somebody?" Jasen smiled. After a moment of silence, Jasen began again. "You know, a lover. Someone one to go back home too, who will paint your nails and stay up with you all night watching your favorite holos as you eat sweet Kuati candy, giggling?"

Tag: The lounge

24. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    OOC: Kraid's in the lounge, I don't think BobaMatt said Wyl left the bridge, so if Jasen's with Kraid in the lounge you should tag the lounge/Kraid instead of the bridge....

25. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    Well he said Wyl was keepig up with Kraid so I thought he meant as you were walking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.