main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Legacy: "Fool's Gamble"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by R_Zion, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Zem and Erik

Fool's Gamble

"Have you ever rescued a mass of people before?" Zem asked him, disliking the mercinary already for his foolish bravery. "An operation like that doesn't take one trip. Normally an operation like that would require more than one ship. The more ships, the faster the evacuation goes. Speaking of which," he turned to the Duros captain, "do you know if she is going to provide additional support or are we expected to save a whole city by our lonesome selves?

TAG: Lounge

2. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne

"Seriously," Kraid echoed to Zem's comment, "this is kriffin' suicide if they expect us to go in by ourselves. Are we just supposed to save anyone and everyone we find? Is there a particular person? Either way, kark this, I've seen this stuff happen before, and this ain't time for heroism. We go in, magically find out where some people are, dive in, land with engines going at barely at idle, shoot at everything that ain't us or civies, get some of the comepetent shooters from us to round up the kiddies, get them in the ship, and bam, we're out. Can't be on the ground for longer than two minutes, three minutes tops. And then what? Dump them off and repeat until the ship falls apart? History shows that in battles where groups have to be evacuated like this, the evacuating ships doing blue milkruns like this get about three runs before they turn into a giant lawn dart."

TAG: lounge

3. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    OOC: Wow, looks like you guys were busy last night. I still have to catch up on the latest posts but I wanted to let you in on some developments. As of 7:30 last night I was in the hospital last night with severe dehydration and a stomach bug. Thankfully, I'm home now, but I'm still not feeling the best, so pardon if there's a bit of a delay in posting for a few days.

I know you're all looking forward to finally getting off Tatooine (as am I), but don't worry... I'll get us there soon. Until then!

4. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Millik Arca (Arc Naru)
    Fool's Gamble, Lounge

About another day, great, Millik thought sourly, not exactly liking the added day to his stay. Why were all these things happening to him? He had come to Tatooine and hoped that he could get away from his previous life and start a new one. But that just happened to be when the Tuskens and Jawas decided to ruin his peace here by starting up a war. Then there was the green midget and more Jawas that ended up blowing his identity, and now getting a ship that just got roped into doing some business with more Tuskens. And all this seemingly because Millik wanted another nice peaceful hole to crawl in.

Speaking of green midgets...it was here that Millik decided to take a look around to see the so called crew and other passengers. The Imperials he knew of course, especially the angry "touch my drink and die" one. Millik was going to be making sure to stay away from him during the whole trip and the rest of them. The Twi'lek he recognized as the one having been at the cantina when he had been looking for a ship; he may have to watch out for her as well.

It was after Millik moved on from the Twi'lek that he suddenly spotted someone that made him freeze as a shot of anxiety and panic hit. He saw the toddler first, the one who he had yet to know the name of, and he was still with the child like when Millik met him before: Aden. The only other person who had been there when Millik had used the Force on the Gamorreans.

It was all some kind of joke. A cruel, cruel joke. Life gave him what he wanted - a ship - and in exchange he was given further delays and someone who possibly knew his identity as a Force user. Just like that, Aden was on the top of Millik's list, bypassing the Imperials by a mile, on who the ex-Jedi should be watching out for. If Yorrel had been able to figure out what Millik was, then it was a good chance that Aden knew what he was as well.

Trying to calm himself, Millik only stared forward once again, ending his scan of the crew for now as he focuses and listened to Jav.

5. ChinaMonroe

ChinaMonroe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2006
    IC: Sinya
    Fool's Gamble, Lounge Area

Sinya's lekku twitched. The sun was hot and the sand dry. She did not want to be on this blasted rock any longer than she needed to. Sighing slightly, she examined her fingernails with a frown. Amazingly, they still looked nice. She had hoped that is she could scruff them up a bit people might take her more seriously. Oh, wait, she was a twi'lek. A purple one at that. No one would ever take her seriously. She giggled slightly to herself and leaned back in her chair. Somehow this fact amused her.

Mentally she thought back to her past mistakes and wondered if any would come up in a background check. Although she had a few less desirable jobs, as far as she knew, her record was clean, if a bit scattered. She had quite a few jobs in her life time, but nothing that would point to any illegal affairs...well, nothing that anyone could prove was her doing.

Of course, she also tried to keep out of everyone's way as much as possible. If they thought she was a moron they'd never think of her as ever being bad in any way. It was a game she liked to play. She was the innocent twilek, they were the big bad cronies and goons that made her do the bad things.

Most of the crew didn't think anything of her anyway since she kept a lot more to her self, but a few she knew probably didn't like her too much. That was why she chose the seat closest to the wall. Now, however she was regreating that choice. Somehow, the longer they stayed in the lounge, the smaller it seemed to get. She took a quick glance at the door, but seeing as people were still talking, she decided against leaving. She didn't want to seem rude.

She listened to the others ask questions, but really had no input herself. She didn't have any knowledge of these things. Besides, she was tired. It seemed no matter how much she'd work, every night she'd wake up in a sweat from a stupid dream. Putting on a blank stare of interest, she hoped no one knew how scared she was getting or how her dreams had been keeping her awake at night lately.

TAG: Any?

6. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: Captain Jav Boran
    Fool?s Gamble

?Well Captain, if you want to leave in thirty minutes as you have stated.? Azul started, ?we should check out supplies. Medical supplies are great, I made sure of that on our first week here, but that?s not all we need. How long do you think this might take??

?As far as I?m aware of, we?re good on supplies. The food stores are up to snuff, you yourself said our medical supplies are up to code, and we still have our blaster power-packs that were bought on Primus Station. Ryelee, Azul, and Wyl? I?d like the three of you to double check our basic supplies and if anyone knows of something that we still need, please inform one of the three of them and then they?ll give me the list. As long as it?s not essential to the mission, we can resupply once we deliver the survivors of Arnthout back here in Eisley.?

Next to speak up was Jasen, their latest addition, who volunteered to stay behind with any civilians should they need to make more than one trip. Zem spoke up in reply and the two continued back and forth for a minute or two with Kraid then adding in an optimistic opinion after that. Wrinkles of frustration formed on his face, though he tried to keep his cool. That was the thing? with how he presented himself during times of stress, always trying to at least retaining the illusion of being calm and collected, how did his crew view him? Did they see him as a capable leader who tried to keep his head in the game or some lackadaisical lunatic that didn?t seem to care what ever happened. In all reality, these events bothered him quite a bit, eating a little bit away at the inside of him, but he did not want to burden the crew with his problems? or at least any MORE problems than the ones they seemed to be constantly encountering. All he had wanted to do was start a new life for himself, try to stay under the radar, and try to find any of his colleagues still out amongst the stars along the way. But in the matter of little less than a month? they had a narrow escape from Corulag, multiple run-ins with the Sith, a Remloch infestation, Hutt troubles, getting caught in a curfew on a backwater world and now being recruited to save people caught up in a war between two seemingly primitive cultures. The fact that all these people were still with him on this ship? it honestly surprised him. They had quite a few crewmembers come and go since they set sail from Coruscant, but the majority remained. It was to them that he need to prove himself to? that he was indeed the calm and collected leader they desired and needed, someone to keep them alive even if the whole galaxy tried to fall down around them.

?The directories may call Arnthout a city, but I can?t see it being overly big being in such proximity to Bestine. Besides, with Bestine itself having fallen, I doubt there will be many people left to save. Valarian didn?t mention anything about having back-up, but she did say they had a police detachment in the city helping to defend it, so hopefully they have a shuttle or two that can help. The city has been under siege for a few days, so I?m also hoping the police there should have rounded up the survivors all together if they have any brains. I want two people in the gunnery pods at all times, while Kraid and S2 at the controls. I?ll lead a team consisting of Jasen, Sinya and Vitch into the city to make contact with Captain Dexter Banai. With their help, we?ll get the survivors to the whatever craft we have available and high-tail it out of there as quickly as possible. Azul, Ryelee, Wyl, and any of our passengers who feel so obliged, will remain at and defend the ship as we lead the survivors to the ship.? He paused in step and in speech and turned to match eyes with Kraid. ?When we arrive and survey the city from above, I want you to lower the ship just far enough so me and my team can disembark before heading back into the air. I?ll comm you with the details of our situation and set a signal flare once I?ve made contact. We?ll get the civilians to the ship and leave the defense

7. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Jasen

Jasen nodded in approval, looking around the crew. The Captians plan made sense to the Corellian. Jav would take him, Sinya, and Vitch to round up the civilans while the rest provided cover back on the Fool's Gamble. Jasen glanced at the man named Zem. He didn't care for the military man. He seemed very cold, no emotion. The man had probably seen to many deaths in his line of work, thus making him that way. Jasen knew the man probably didn't care for him either, but that was okay with him.

"Sounds good, Captian. I've got your back, sir." Jasen said, kicking his feet up. He looked at Kraid and thought about making another comment, but decided against it. Things were about to get serious. He let his attention turn to the purple Twi'lek, away from everyone. So that was Sinya...

In the planning for the upcoming battle, Jasen hadn't seen her come in. But now she defiantly had his full attention. Jasen couldn't believe how...beautiful she was. Jasen smiled, preparing to say something but nothing ever came out. He shut his mouth, resorting only to glancing at her.

8. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne

Jasen. What a kriffin' brown noser. What type of kriffin' mercenary does this guy claim to be?

"Okay, sounds good except I don't like the whole flare business, Cap'n. That's letting the whole karking place know where you are and where we're goin'. I saw we just stick to comms. We should be able to do some net searching and get ourselves a layout of city, don't you think?

"Rylee," Kraid pointed at the boy, "I'm sure our boy can dig something up, Cap'n. I just don't trust visual signals. We might be flying somewhere too far away to see your flare due to ground fire."

Kraid continued. "And Zem, Dak, Erik... you don't want to take them with you for the ground complement?"

This only made sense to Kraid. Why not use the Imps in something that they were surely trained to do? Well, they could be just fleet guys, but what Kraid witnessed over the past several weeks made him think that they were definitely army.

TAG: capn, lounge

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    The Imperials

Fool's Gamble

Zem agreed with Kraid with his expression of confusion as to why they, the experianced soldiers, were staying behind to guard the ship. "I have to agree with Kraid on this, you should be sending us to gather the civilians. With our background we would be able to resolve this a lot faster and more efficiently than a mercenary leading other civilians to rescue civilians."

Erik noticed Jasen's interest in Sinya and narrowed his eyes towards him.

10. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Fool?s Gamble

Amused and delighted at the willingness of those with them to help out, Jav allowed himself a bit of a smile. ?Alright then? No flares, only comms.? Walking down the length of the lounge, he paused a caught Zem?s eye. ?I, of course, wanted you to come along, but I wasn?t going to volunteer you since you are, of course, a passenger and not a crewman, but if you and your men are willing to volunteer, then by all means, join us for the fun. Now then, if there?s nothing else, let?s get to it and get this ship ready, people! We launch in thirty minutes!?

Ten Minutes Later?

It was a comm Jav certainly wasn?t expecting. On behalf of someone, or something, named Tirbit, the Captain had received a message from a DR-10 droid in regards to some information Veers had bought off of his master. Apparently, there was still an outstanding debt of 2,500 credits that needed to be paid to the infochant for his services. This seemed like an odd maneuver for the Imperial Officer, which led him to wonder if perhaps Zem simply didn?t have the money to pay. Adding things up in his head, Jav figured he?d have just enough from their last few jobs to help out if Zem would accept it without breaking into his personal savings. Not that that was very much to begin with.

Strolling down the corridor from the bridge, Jav, by luck, found the Officer standing there, talking to his two companions. When he could find a convenient place to interject himself, the Captain approached him and tapped Zem on the shoulder. ?Excuse me, Zem, but I need to talk to you a moment? about a message I just received? from some being by the name of Tirbit.?

TAG: Zem, Everyone aboard

11. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    Fool's Gamble, Lounge

I?ll lead a team consisting of Jasen, Sinya and Vitch into the city to make contact...

That was all Sinya heard before her jaw clenched shut.

{{What?!? What is he thinking? Me on a mission like that?}} The thoughts were flying through her head at light speed.

Did she hear him right? Did he really want her, of all people, do help him with that? Did he honestly think that was a good idea?! Sinya just sat there, dumb founded for a moment, trying to calm herself.

She looked to the others going with her. The new guy had an expression close to what she was feeling.

{{Great, at least I'm not the only one scared.}} she thought.

Sighing, she began to rub her lekku out of irritation. Sometimes that simple act would help her calm her nerves. Sometimes she just needed a drink, but seeing as she was fixing to go on such a dangerous mission, she felt it would be better to go completely sober-at least this time. Next time she'd flip a coin.

TAG: Any.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Aden Kya

Aden glanced from the crew at the others. It seemed he didn't have a job. He folded his arms, and his frustrations were instantly removed when Li copied him. Smiling, he hefted Li up and followed the Captain, ignoring the lekku-ribbing Twi'lek he guessed was Sinya.

Before following, he turned, noting the eyes that Arca kept noting him with, and spoke to her. "So you're Sinya? I'm Aden, an engineer. Ex-Imp, actually." Everyone knew he had Imperial loyalties, after his argument with Kraid, so he didn't pretend otherwise. Only Zem and Erik knew who he was a traitor to.

"And this is Li." Li, the little toddler, waved, smiling at the Twi'lek. His eyes seemed fixed on the lekku. Aden was bemused. Children loved spectacles on low-tech worlds, and he imagined lekku were under the same heading; curious.

"I've just joined the ship. No job on your mission, mind you, it looks."

TAG: China, anyone else

13. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    Fool's Gamble, Lounge

Sinya smiled at him slightly and the toddler. "Yeah, I'm Sinya. I'm the cook and sort of help around with the computer systems as it's needed. It's nice to meet you Aden, welcome aboard. And Hello there, Li. Oh, you want my Lekky, eh? No, you can't play with it, sorry. It's sensitive."

She looked back to Aden. "So, is he yours?"

Out of the corner of her eye, she kept noticing Li trying to reach for her Lekku. Knowing better than to let such a young human touch them, she pulled a metal bangle off her wrist and handed the bracelet to the child. "You can have this. It's better than these, I promise." She said, pointing to her lekku.

Tag: Aden

14. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    OOC: Here is a picture of Jasen, its WIP

http://www.swagonline.net/user/2462/blog

Jasen watched as the man with the child got up, then stopping to introduce himself to the beautiful Twi'lek girl, named Sinya. Jasen cringed, hoping the man wasn't making a move on her. It's now or never Jasen, might as well do this. Jasen got up, leaving the prancing pretty boy Kraid behind and moving towards the man named Aden and Sinya. He stood by as the two and the toddler exchanged words. The toddler was trying to play with her lekku, but instead she gave him the bracelet.

"So your a cook, eh?" Jasen said, entering into the conversation. "I'm sorry if I'm intruding, but Kraid is wearing some sort of women's prefume and it's making me a little dizy." Jasen smiled at Sinya, then turned to the little one and bent down. He stuck out his hand for a high-five, letting the toddler hit with all it's might. Jasen looked up at Aden.

"I'm Jasen, I don't think we've met." Jasen stuck out his hand. As he stood once again, he glanced at Sinya hoping they too would engage in conversation.

TAG: Aden, Sinya

15. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge

Kraid was busying himself by turning on the ship's systems one at a time, ensuring their run-ups went smoothly. At the same time, a bunch of questions started running through his head. He subconsciously ran his hand across his chin and realized that what was once stubble was now turning into a beard. "Huh, shaving once in a while might be good," he said aloud to himself. He grabbed his personal comm.

"Rylee, Kraid, come to the bridge, need you to do some net searching." Kraid wanted at least a top-down view of the city so he could get a general sense of what they were running into, and he was sure that Rylee would find something.

He keyed his comm again. "Cap'n, Kraid, did we pick the turret gunners? Someone like Wyl, or that Aden guy, or Sinya I'm thinking. A crash-course lesson maybe be necessary."

TAG: Capn, Rylee

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Aden Kya

Li eagerly took the bangle, and had no further interest in Aden or Sinya. Aden looked down at him, lightly amused. "No, he's not mine. I've adopted him, informally, I guess. He's an orphan. Abandoned in Eisley, and I scooped him up. Nobody has claimed him. Tuskens, after all."

Aden shrugged, focusing on the child. "I'm doing my bit, you know?"

"I'm Jasen, I don't think we've met."

Aden noted the thick Corellian accent, and made sure his Imperial one wasn't too pronounced, as ever. Li remained focused on the bangle. "Aden, a pleasure. I'm a passenger, until Muunilinst. But I am considering joining the crew. I have some war experience, and am a pretty good mechanic on these Imperial ships. Yourself? You strike me as a newcomer."

Small talk. But the deeper he got into the crew, the easier they'd keep him on. Then he could deal with the Fel Imperials. Which he assumed nobody else knew about. Maybe not even the Captain

TAG: Sinya, Jasen

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Colonel Artemis Z.M. Veers, Dak "Tempest" Perite, and Erik "Womprat" Derkin

Corridor, Fool's Gamble

Colonel Veers nodded lightly before answering, "Yes. Can we discuss this in private, Captain?" If the Captain agreed, he'd let his two men prepare for the rescue since they would be participating in the acutal rescue itself and not stay behind to the guard the ship.

TAG: Zion

18. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Fool?s Gamble

?Yes, of course. Let?s head to my quarters.? Allowing Zem to finish his discussion with his men, the Captain then escorted the Imperial-in-exile down the hall and to his ?private sanctuary?. Jav stepped inside and locked the door behind them as Veers entered so there were no interruptions.

?Tirbit was the infochant you went to see two weeks ago, wasn?t he? Whoever I was talking to was rather nosey?asking about our departure schedule and saying you owed them some money. What?s going on, Zem??

TAG: Veers

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Colonel Artemis Z.M. Veers

Captain's Cabin, Fool's Gamble

"They think I'm not going to pay," Zem replied dryly. "I'll pay. I just... can't at the moment." He rubbed the back of his neck in frustration as he looked at the Captain. "They threatened to sell me out to the highest bidder if I don't pay my debt."

20. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Captain?s Quarters- Fool?s Gamble

Jav placed his elongated fingers on his chin as his listened to Veers. ?Yes, he didn?t seem to pleased when I said we?d be leaving Eisley temporarily for Arnthout. The droid I was speaking to, or at least I?m pretty sure it was a droid, demanded that you come before we leave or else there would be consequences. Apparently they don?t trust you very much. If I understood him correctly, you owe him 2,500 credits, correct??

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000

"Correct," Zem nodded and folded his arms across his chest. "I don't know how I can pay them before we leave. I had asked for time and this is all they gave me. It's not like I can access my bank accounts from here. I need to be in Imperial space."

22. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Captain?s Quarters- Fool?s Gamble

?Well, I did have an idea, but it all depends? how do you feel about a little friendly charity??

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000

"What do you mean?" Zem inquired though he knew what the Captain meant, he just wanted to clarify it before assuming.

Erik "Womprat" Derkin & Dak "Tempest" Perite

Fool's Gamble

Erik walked over to where he saw Sinya and the foolish mercenary talking. He heard the merc introduce himself to her and noticed how he eyed her. "I'm Erik Derkin," he interrupted and offered his hand. He didn't like Jasen showing an interest in the Twi'lek.

TAG: Dingo, China

Ah... jealousy. Heh.

24. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005

"Yes, I'm a newcomer. Captian just hired me. I've seen quite a few battles myse-" Jasen was telling Aden when the military man named Erik introduced himself.

Jasen raised an eyebrow as Erik presented his hand. He had been noticing the angry glances from the man since he had been eyeing Sinya. So, this military man felt threatend? Jasen smiled to himself.

"Jasen," He said, offering no handshake back. He looked him right in the eye, smiling. He hoped the beautiful Tw'lek girl would begin converstation with them soon, himself in particular. He turned towards Sinya.

"I'm kinda of new to the ship, as you already know...and with this battle coming up and being on this extremely hot planet...I'm parched. Do you mind showing me to the kitchen for something to drink? I'd appreciate it." Jasen said to Sinya.

TAG: Aden, Erik, Sinya

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Aden

Erik slotted himself into the conversation, and Aden kept a smile hidden. Jasen instantly took offence, not returning the offered hand, so Aden took it. "Aden. We've been introduced, but not spoke yet."

Aden made a lot of effort to keep any threat out of his voice. Zem and Aden had hardly parted on a good note. But his mind started to see nets being woven between him and Jasen, as Jasen seemed to dislike Erik, and Erik possibly disliked Aden.

One within his net.

The dark part of Aden was incredibly pleased.

Li turned about, waving Sinya's bangle at him. Aden smiled politely, and Li smiled. "I think we could do with a drink, actually, Sinya, Jasen." Aden looked over, and saw Arca, alone. He would have to talk to him. But first he needed to secure Jasen's dislike of Erik. Not that it would be hard.

TAG: Jasen, Sinya, Erik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.