main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Legacy: "Fool's Gamble"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by R_Zion, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: Captain Jav Boran
    Captain?s Quarters- Fool?s Gamble

?To get Tirbit off your back and let us move along with incurring for you the infochant?s wrath, I?d be willing to go with you and take care of the remaining 2,500 credits. It would seem like the most timely and efficient solution to this problem available at the moment,? Jav said before glancing sidelong at Zem. ?Besides, of course, flying over and planting a proton torpedo into his home, but I don?t think the local authorities would be too pleased with that idea. Not my style, anyway.?

TAG: Zem

OOC: Sprint, I haven't forgotten about your comm. I'm going to take care of it once I finish with Zem.

2. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    OOC: I should let you know I?m boosting Ryelee?s age up. He was nine before, now he?s eleven, and Zion was kind enough to approve of this. Thank you

---------------------------------------------------
    IC: Azul and Ryelee.
    Fool?s Gamble

Azul nodded silently as the orders were handed out. Ryelee?s enthusiasm had died down almost immediately after Jav spoke his name.

?Guard the ship? Me?? he thought, blanching slightly ?Come on! Get serious here!?

"Ryelee," Kraid pointed at the boy, "I'm sure our boy can dig something up, Cap'n. I just don't trust visual signals. We might be flying somewhere too far away to see your flare due to ground fire."

Rye nodded vigorously, looking at the Head Technician gratefully. Computers, controls even engines, anything instead of fighting.

?I?d rather help Sinya in the kitchen and wear a pink apron than have to face another killing?thing? he thought, relaxing slightly.

Azul nodded her agreement with both Zem and Kraid, but said nothing, and instead caught Erik?s narrowed eyes and the new guy?s interest in her crew mate. The young woman hid an amused smile and shook her head before her thoughts went back to Sinya. She owed her only other female crew member an apology.

Everyone started chatting and socializing, leaving the blue eyed woman feeling a little left out, but she put on a kind smile, ruffled up Ryelee?s hair and stood up to carry out her orders.

-----

IC: Ryelee
    Fool?s Gamble.

Rye sighed, surprised Kraid hadn?t asked for him yet and walked by the group in which his current favourite person, meaning Sinya, was standing, talking with some other people and Erik.

?Ne? he started, looking up at her with his best puppy eyes ?If you happen to find a little tiny bit of free time sometime before we get there? don?t you want to stay being my favourite one on board and come up with something yummy? I would ask my sister, but I doubt she can cook??

"Ryelee, Kraid, come to the bridge, need you to do some net searching."

?Yeah, I?m on my way there? Rye answered over the comm, good things never last. He waved to the group, walking over to the bridge.

?I?m here, let me guess, whatever I can find on Arn? however it?s pronounced?? he asked Kraid, all ready walking to one of the computers.

Tag: Sprintabm mostly. China maybe, or anyone else really.

3. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

"Arnthout," Kraid hurriedly replied as he continued starting up the ship's systems, "get anything and everything you can find about the place's layout. Maps, tourist descriptions, air traffic info, whatever, I don't wanna fly in blind."

He paused as a thought entered his mind. He gave a inquisitive look at Rylee. "You ever operate a gun turret before?"

TAG: Rylee

4. ChinaMonroe

ChinaMonroe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2006
    IC: Sinya
    Fool's Gamble, Lounge

Sinya smiled slightly at Erik as he approached the group. When he spoke, however, the mood changed. Was that jealousy she detected in his greeting?

She stood back as Jasen spoke back, noting the same tone of something in his voice. Sinya blinked, feeling unnerved slightly. She glanced at Aden for a moment, a slight smile on her lips that she hoped hid her suprise by the situation.

She had left the dancer's life behind! Why did these men act this way to her now? Looking down at her rather normal looking wardrobe, she pretended to brush off some imaginary piece of dust.

Do you mind showing me to the kitchen for something to drink? I'd appreciate it.

Sinya glanced up at Jasen, a smile painted on her face. Nodding slightly, Sinya scolded herself mentally. She was doing it again, reverting back into the training she had as a dancer. She had a decent job now, no need to take advantage of anyone. Besides, at the moment they were stuck on the ship, what could he possibly offer her in return?

Before she could ask if anyone else wanted to come, she saw Ryelee approach the small group. She smiled down at him as he spoke to her. He was probably the most normal male on the ship! Well, next to the Captian, anyways.

Ne, If you happen to find a little tiny bit of free time sometime before we get there? don?t you want to stay being my favourite one on board and come up with something yummy? I would ask my sister, but I doubt she can cook?

Sinya laughed slightly at his comment. "I'd love to..."

Ryelee's comm sputtered: Ryelee, Kraid, come to the bridge, need you to do some net searching."

Sinya waved to the now departing kid and turned back to the three men around her. She still felt unnerved, a sensation that was ever growing in her head. Pushing it away, she sighed slightly but still smiled at them.

"I guess it would be a good idea to make something quick. Jasen, I'll get ya something ta drink too. Do you two need anything? Just follow me to the Galley, then." she said to Erik and Aden.

I think we could do with a drink, actually, Sinya, Jasen. she heard Aden say to the group.

With that, she left the lounge and made her way into the kitchen.

TAG: Aden, Erik, Jasen, anyone else who wants to join in...?

5. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004

Before Zem could provide an answer to the Captain?s offer, a voice called out over his Comm.

"Cap'n, Kraid, did we pick the turret gunners? Someone like Wyl, or that Aden guy, or Sinya I'm thinking. A crash-course lesson maybe be necessary."

?Well, no go on Sinya since she?s coming with me,? Jav replied, holding one finger up to the Imperial, motioning that he?d be just a moment. ?Wyl might be good or, if you can get them to agree, Aden or Arc. Don?t force them to help since I said I wouldn?t get the passengers involved but inquire about and see what they say. S2 can give them a crash course on the turrets if need be while we?re on our way or if we absolutely have to, we can stick him in one of them. At least he knows how to work it.?

TAG: Kraid, Zem

6. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

"Passengers," Kraid mumbled. He keyed his comm. "Roger, Cap'n, uh, who's Arc? That guy that was in the lounge doorway earlier? Wait, can we even trust any of these passengers? I mean maybe Wyl, but I'd rather get Rylee and Azul in there, they're part of the crew and capable, at least Rylee."

TAG: Cap'n

7. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004

Jav thought for a second before he replied. ?Well, Wyl is, for the most part, a member of the crew now, so see if you can get him in for sure. As to our passengers? well, maybe you?re right. We should just stick with family on this one for now, at least until I get a better handle on Aden and Arc. I doubt either Azul or Ryelee would want to go in, so if you?ll be alright on the bridge, perhaps S2 could indeed take the second turret. I guess check with the kids and see what they say.? About to lower his comm., the Captain quickly raised it back to his mouth and said, ?Oh, and you were right? Arc Naru was the one standing near the landing ramp the whole meeting.?

TAG: Kraid

8. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

"Copy, Cap'n." Kraid put down his comm and started speaking out loud to himself. "Well, Azul's probably gonna have to tend to the wounded once we pick them up..." He picked his comm back up. "Wyl, Kraid. You want turret duty?"

TAG: Wyl

9. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    GM APPROVED FOR Moniker (or whatever he actually registers as)!!!

Name: Gorrk
    Species: Ugnaught
    Height: 4?5? (134.6 cm)
    Skin Color: Dark tan
    Eye Color: Reddish-brown
    Hair Color: Gray
    Homeworld: Gentes
    Weapons: Large-yield custom Shortened Double-Barrel Shatter-gun, Ionization Blaster
    Posessions: Fusion Cutter, Tool Backpack, Ugnaught <-> Basic Translator
    Languages: Ugnaught
    Allignments: Formerly with the Cargo Haulers
    Appearance: Not handsome even by the standards of his own species, Gorrk is a rather grizzled looking individual. The tusk on the left side of his mouth was broken long ago by the same event that gave him a scar up is left cheek and into his brow-line. His left eye will not open completely, and has a tendency to twitch when he is annoyed. The long gray hair which runs all the way down his back is balding and thinning on the top. He wears gray robes with a leather shop apron overtop. He wears his tools in his olive green backpack constantly, and is very defensive of them. On the left side of the pack sits his ever-present fusion cutter, and on the right is sheathed his scatter gun. A holster for his Jawa-made ionization blaster rests in one of the many pockets of his apron.
    Biography: Gorrk never fit in among the rest his people due to his predilection for dabbling in many things rather than specializing in one career. Getting tired of life amongst his own people, he went to the closest starport and found a job aboard a cargo hauler as a maintenance engineer? a job which would take him to Tatooine, and into a war zone. Docking at the city of Bestine, he soon found it overrun by Tuskan Raiders. Gorrk fled with the other refugees, eventually finding himself in the small settlement of Arnthout some fifteen miles away. There he remained doing odd jobs to gather the funds for another exploration into space.

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Colonel Artemis Z.M. Veers

Captain's Cabin, Fool's Gamble

"Planting a proton torpedo sounds goods," Zem replied, a little seriously but his tone was also joking. He was interrupted from answering the Duros' offer by Kraid over the intercomm. He waited patiently while the Captain dealt with what the engineer wanted and thought about the alien's offer of charity. His pride had been hurt when the androids had approached with their threats and if he had been inclined to pay his debt to the informant, he certainly did not feel like doing so now. No one threatened the Empire much less an Imperial Officer.

He figured that if the informant really couldn't threaten him all to much. He had very few skeletons in his closet that could harm his career, most of them were family related that would hurt his family more than his career or position in the Empire anyway. So when the Captain finished with his conversation with Kraid, Veers spoke up finally.

"As much as I appreciate the offer, Captain, I must, however decline," he said. "I may be a Colonel but my face and name is not as popular or as famous as my ancestor so I highly doubt this informant can find information on me based on that. I never gave him a name or occupation."

TAG: No one... this post is incomplete, did it in college will finish when i get home

11. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Millik Arca (Arc Naru)
    Fool's Gamble, Lounge

As soon as the meeting had come to an end, Millik had been planning to leave the lounge and find somewhere to hide in the ship. However, the number of people who were disappearing from the lounge and going off to do their own things, the ex-Jedi tweeked that plan of action a little and decided that he would instead wait in the lounge and find a seat here since this was starting to become the one place where he could be alone.

He used the time to take a look at the crew and passengers while he waited, and found things a bit...unbalanced, he supposed would be the correct word, for a mission like evacuating whoever they had to find from the Tuskens. Millik had quickly noted the child that had been running around with the human woman from before, the apparent hostility between one of the Imperials and some other guy he didn't know over the Twi'lek that Millik caught a few words from. All in all, this didn't seem like a crew you would trust for an evacuation attempt in the middle of a siege.

Once again Millik rethought about finding another ship, but instead of going down the landing ramp and doing just that, he instead sat in one of the corners of the lounge that had previously been occupied, getting his flask from his belt to take a quick drink from.

TAG: No One Really

12. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    IC:
    Jasen

As Sinya got up to show them to the galley, he glanced at Erik with a slight smirk across his face. He turned his attention towards the girl, she was truly beautiful. Erik didn't seem to like that Jasen was paying a lot of attention to her, but it didn't matter to the Corellian. Him and his friends where to up tight anyways, along with the fancy pants Kraid. Aden seemed alright though.

"I guess it would be a good idea to make something quick. Jasen, I'll get ya something ta drink too. Do you two need anything? Just follow me to the Galley, then." Sinya said.

Jasen was the first one to follow her, walking right beside her.

"So, Sinya. Tell me a little about yourself." Jasen said using his charm. This hardly seemed the time, seeing how the battle was less than an hour away. Oh well.

TAG: Aden, Erik, Sinya

13. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004

Arms crossed over his chest, Jav nodded slowly. As least he was going to keep his credits. ?Well, if you think it?s alright, I guess there?s not much I can say. I just hope, for your sake, your identity is as well concealed as you think it is.? Placing his hands on his knees, the Captain stood from the couch again. ?We?ll not have much longer before we leave, so do what you need to prepare yourself and your men. I?ll give advance warning as we come up on the settlement.?

The Captain made his way to the door and, unlocking it, went out and looked up and down both ends of the corridor before calling out, ?Wyl! Azul! Status report!?

TAG: Zem, Azul, Wyl

14. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    OOC: 5 days without a post from anyone? No, that won't do. That won't do at all.

IC: Azul Hadrian and Captain Jav Boran
    Corridor- Fool?s Gamble

Hearing the Captain?s call, the teenager poked her head out of the galley doorway and looked down the corridor to where the Duros stood, just outside his quarters. ?I was just checking the pantry now, Cap?n. It looks like everything here and in the medical bay are looking good.?

?Excellent, excellent,? Jav said, smiling at the quick work of his crew. ?I don?t remember if you have one or not, but if you have a blaster of any kind, now would be the time to get it. If not, go to the supply lockers in the cargo bay and see what you can find, and then rest up. We?ll be leaving soon.?

Leaving Azul to her business, the Captain turned back down the corridor to find Wyl, wherever he was.

TAG: Wyl, Azul

IC: Ryelee Hadrian
    Bridge- Fool?s Gamble

Taking a seat at one of the bridge stations, Ryelee went to work quickly at the computer terminal. ?I?m getting some mixed descriptions of Arnthout,? the eleven-year old called to Kraid. ?Some sources are saying it?s a city, others a farming community. Population is roughly 350. I?ll see if I can find a map.? His small fingers went to work, busily searching the local infonets for anything he could find on Arnthout until, after a minute or so, he was finally able to find an overhead view of the settlement. ?Come here and look! I found something!?

Despite the description, Arnthout was itself was a very small, comprised of only a single streets with a varied assortment of building lining it, however, several moisture farms sat within a relatively close proximity to it, giving the settlements its title of a farming community. ?How do ya think they fit 350 people in that little strip??

15. SelenaMeeka

SelenaMeeka Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2008
    OOC: I changed my username. Enjoy.

Sinya
    Fool's Gamble, Galley

Sinya smiled slightly at Jasen. "There really isn't much to tell. I did a lot of odd jobs before I came on the ship. I still do a lot of odd jobs around here."

She reached the kitchen and sighed slightly. Opening the icebox, she browsed the contents. "Well, I have blue milk, water, maybe from tea, and other random things. Take your pick." she smiled slightly, pointing to the fridge.

As he stood there, looking, she gathered some thinly sliced bantha meat and some raw veggies. She cut the meat and mixed it into the bowl she'd threw the veggies in. Taking some bread she slathered spicy white honey on them and began to make sandwiches. She knew they were fixing to run into action. A full stomach was the worst when running for your life, she knew that from experience. The sandwiches would give them enough energy and satisfy their hunger until later when she could cook a better meal.

TAG: Jasen, anyone else who came...?

16. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

Kraid got up from his seat to take a look at what Rylee found. Not what he was expecting at all.

"That's it? I was expecting a place with storied buildings. Huh. So going in and out is going to be easier than I thought, but, kriff, you're right, where are the people? Underground dwellings? If that's the case, whoever's going in is gonna have a joyride. A real joyride."

That didn't sit well with Kraid at all. Maybe he was jumping to conclusions too quickly. Well, if you're not cautious enough you're gonna lose someone.

"Rylee, go ahead and shoot that view to all viewscreens on the ship." Kraid then flipped on the ship's comm. It was for the Captain, but he wanted everyone to hear and see this.

"Cap'n, Kraid. We're putting up an image and description of what Rylee found out about Arnthout on all the ship's viewscreens for everyone to check out. It's puny, Cap'n. I've got "underground complex" screaming at me looking at this map."

17. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Corridor- Fool?s Gamble

"Cap'n, Kraid. We're putting up an image and description of what Rylee found out about Arnthout on all the ship's viewscreens for everyone to check out. It's puny, Cap'n. I've got "underground complex" screaming at me looking at this map."

Turning back into his quarters, the Captain picked up a datapad that had been sitting on his liquor cabinet and pulled up the information. It would seem the farming community monicker would be the one that proved most truthful. A single street town with outlying farms. Jav reached to his belt and lifted his comm. to his mouth. ?An underground complex COULD be a possibility, but I don?t see it. If this is really just a farming community, most of the city?s population would be out on the farms, depending on how many of those there are. The town itself would just be for visitors and for the farmers to stop by to resupply.? He paused and looked over the information again. ?It say the population was 350, but I doubt we?ll be dealing with that many people there now. Probably just some stubborn holdouts with the Tuskens only fifteen miles away in Bestine. Anyway, at least we know what we?re dealing with now. As soon as I hear from Wyl that the rest of our supplies are up to standards, we?ll be ready to go, so prep the ship for liftoff and I?ll be up soon.?

Comm back on his waist, Jav returned to the main corridor and began to search for Wyl, wherever he might be working.

TAG: Kraid, Wyl

IC: Ryelee Hadrian and S2-56G
    Bridge- Fool?s Gamble

Leaning back in his chair, the young boy spun around to look up at Kraid, who had just finished talking to the Captain. He had just realized that, in his rush to find the information, he had never addressed something that the engineer had asked him. ?No, never been in a turret myself.?

?Would you really want a child in a gun turret, Mr. Kraid?? S2 suddenly chimed in from across the bridge at one of the other operational stations. ?Is that really safe??

?Hey! I can operate one, I?m sure. It?s just another computer system and there hasn?t been a computer system made that I couldn?t beat! I AM eleven-years old, after all. I?m not a baby!?

18. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Wyl Lorrka

A mission briefing, and now checking supplies. The idea of becoming a member of the crew was becoming more and more concrete in Wyl's mind. Heck, he wasn't even the newest to the ship, anymore! The galaxy was a bizarre place, the way things shifted and swerved and took you by surprise. Wyllim Lorrka: smuggler.

He snorted at the thought, and put the lid back on a case he was checking. Suddenly, his Comm beeped. "Wyl, Kraid. You want turret duty?"

Wyl stammered. He remembered how he had frozen up back in Yar'sha's shop. Would he be able to man a turret? He'd never done it before. He supposed he could learn, but did they really want to trust him with something like that at a time like this? What if he froze up again? What if he did the opposite, and had an itchy trigger finger and ruined the mission? Wyl was so lost in his deliberation that he barely heard the Captain's call for a status report. Finally he was snapped out of his reverie by the Captain's annoyed tone.

"Uh...oh....er, sorry, Captain, my, er, dropped my comm...it rolled away...I have it now...yeah...anyway, the supplies check out well, far as I can see. I keep finding bits and pieces of remloch behind crates, and such...yeah, don't worry, I cleaned them up. Sinya's better at assessing the status of food and medicine than me, and she doesn't seem worried about anything, but she's flirting with Jasen, so...I mean, yeah, everything's fine. Kraid! Hi...turrets? Um...wanna teach me how to use one?"

Okay, so he wasn't a smuggler yet.

Tag: Kraid, the Cap'n

19. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Cargo Bay- Fool?s Gamble

A slight smile spread across the Captain?s face as he approached Wyl from behind, working near the storage crate in the cargo bay and trying to answer him on his comm. Quietly, he krept up on Wyl and placed a hand on his shoulder. ?Good work, Wyl. Azul already told me that the food and medical supplies check out, so if everything looks good to you, we?re ready to go.? Turning away, the Captain began to make his way towards the bridge when he paused in step and turned to look over his shoulder. ?And don?t be so nervous, Wyl. No one?s going to bite your head off unless you?re goofing off instead of working. If you need something to calm you down, go get a drink in my quarters.?

20. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Wyl Lorrka

Wyl jumped at the hand on his shoulder, and turned to find the Captain reassuring him. "And don?t be so nervous, Wyl," he said, "No one?s going to bite your head off unless you?re goofing off instead of working. If you need something to calm you down, go get a drink in my quarters.?

Wyl chuckled, and nodded. "Maybe before I have to start shooting Tuskens, sir."

TAG: Cap

21. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Cargo Bay- Fool?s Gamble

?Just don?t get yourself too plastered!? Jav called as headed into the corridor. ?I don?t think it?ll do anyone any good to have a drunk gunner!?

22. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne

Kraid looked back and forth between S2 and Rylee. He kept forgetting how young the kid was; he sure didn't act like it when it came to technical stuff. But still young. Very young. Young enough to kill? Kraid had heard of kids around his age doing that, but usually not because they chose so themselves. He suddenly became very uneasy about his role in ordering this young boy to kill.

And Kraid remembered that Azul sure was a pistol. Would she want her little bro killing?

"Uh, yeah... actually, Rylee, I need you here on the bridge. S2, you can shoot, right? How about you gather up Wyl, give him a quick brief, and you two man the turrets? Maybe put him on the top turret, so you're doing most of the shooting while we do the landing. Don't want to stress out Wyl too much on the first time."

TAG: S2, Rylee

23. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: Captain Jav Boran and S2-56G
    Bridge- Fool?s Gamble

S2 bowed politely before making his way to the lift tube. ?I will go get Mr. Lorrka acclimated to the controls right away, Mr. Kraid.?

Just as the droid had just about made his way to the left lift tube, the doors of the one on the right hissed open, revealing Captain Boran as he strode onto the bridge. ?All?s good to go with Wyl down below, Kraid. Let?s get this baby in the air.?

Taking the pilot?s seat, Jav?s hands moved quickly across the control panel as he began the prep work, motioning Kraid over to help get through any pre-flight checks and the Fool?s Gamble into the air.

IC: Cargo Bay- Fool?s Gamble

The evergreen Multipurpose Utility Droid ambled slowly down the corridor into the cargo bay where he found Wyl Lorrka nearly where the Captain have left him. Making his way over, the droid bowed as he stood before the young man. ?Mr. Kraid asked me to help get you acclimated to controls of the turret pods before we arrive.?

24. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

"Right." Kraid jumped into the copilot's seat. He'd been turning on systems gradually, so he hit the last few switches and started the engines. They rumbled to life as Kraid kept his eyes on their energy levels. The ship's mission computers madly conducted startup tests, and looking at the caution screen, Kraid was happy to see that it was blank. One last thing... He put on his headset and immediately got clearance from Mos Eisley departure. The engines were now up to speed on full idle.

He gave a thumbs up. "All systems' go, cleared for departure, Cap'n. Take her up!"

25. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Bridge- Fool?s Gamble

Working busily at the controls, the Captain smiled to himself when Kraid said they were ready to go and slowly pulled the Gamble into the air, retracting the landing gears as he did. As they lifted off over Docking Bay 91, Jav set their course on navcomputer for Arnthout before reaching for the comm. ?Attention all passengers, this is your Captain speaking. We are now departing Mos Eisley Spaceport enroute for our destination, the settlement of Arnthout. Our ETA will be 15 minutes. Be prepared for this people. We might not get a second chance.?

TAG: Crew

IC: Mos Eisley

From a shadey lookout point, a pair of electrobinoculars peered out and watched as the Fool?s Gamble rocketed off towards Arnthout before reaching his own mobile comm. unit. ?Yeah, this is 01. The Urusai has left the nest. Repeat, the Urusai has the left the nest. Move out.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.