1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Legacy: "Fool's Gamble"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by R_Zion, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Millik Arca (Arc Naru)
    Fool's Gamble, Lounge

?Attention all passengers, this is your Captain speaking. We are now departing Mos Eisley Spaceport enroute for our destination, the settlement of Arnthout. Our ETA will be 15 minutes. Be prepared for this people. We might not get a second chance.?

Millik had just put his flask away when the announcement came, and the ex-Jedi tilted his head up to where he heard the message through the comm. The announcement only just reminded him of his situation and it brought a tinge of resentment at said situation. He hoped that this mission was as easy as these people were making it out to be.

Arnthout is a small area, Millik reminded himself, not having needed to see the images that had been sent out through the viewscreens of the ship. He had heard of it and other settlements - some which no longer exist cause of the war - and knew that it was nowhere near the size of Mos Eisley. And with the Tuskens roaming about there, whatever population Arnthout had would probably be much smaller when they arrived.

Maybe luck will actually be with me and everyone in Arnthout will be dead, Millik thought to himself He could only hope though; his luck sure as hell kept getting worse and worse. Leaning back in his seat, Millik figured that he might as well relax during those fifteen minutes as he placed his feet up on another nearby empty seat and allowed his eyes to close.

TAG: No One Really
  2. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Captain Jav Boran
    Bridge- Fool?s Gamble

Glancing at the chronometer on his wrist, they still were about ten minutes out from Arnthout. The Captain looked up and out the viewport and the blue Tatooine skies before them. They were a good distance off the ground, but still low enough that they could hopefully get down, deposit their people and lift back off before the Tuskens could really start bringing the fight to them. He lowered his gaze briefly and surveyed the bridge and all within, each attentive at the stations at which they sat, when a rapid beeping began to emit from the comm. system. Jav reached over and began receiving the incoming signal when a voice called out over the bridge through a sea of static.

??ain Boran. Come in, Captain Boran??

?This is Jav Boran,? the Duros answered as he reached to the closest access to the comm. system. ?Go ahead.?

The voice that came back over the system was deep, gruff, and weathered with age. ?Captain, this is Chief D?Vorkk with the Mos Eisley Police Department. We picked up the departure of your ship shortly ago from Mos Eisley and wanted to touch base with you.?

?Oh, what now?? Jav thought to himself before speaking up again. ?Alright then, Chief. What can I do for you.?

?The Governor has briefed me on your mission to Arnthout and I wanted to cover our role in the operation with you before you arrive.?

?Your?role??

?Yes. The Governor felt that, even with your mercenary crew that one ship might not be enough to battle the Tuskens and protect our personell so she asked that we send a detachment of our men to help aid in the operation. If you check your sensors, you should be able to pick up three police shuttles not far behind your ship. What we would like you to do is to head into the city first and scout out the situation before reporting back to us. Our shuttles will land about a kilometer east of Arnthout but as soon as we receive word, will move in to assist.?

Jav glanced over to Kraid, motioning towards the sensor console. The Kuati engineer nodded in reply and scanned the immediate area. As the Chief had said, there were three police shuttles several minutes behind them but approaching fast.

?I copy, Chief D?Vorkk, we?re coming up on Arnthout in about eight minutes. As soon as we receive a clear picture of the situation, we?ll contact your men.?

?Good. D?Vorkk out.?

So, perhaps fate was looking out for them after all. At the very least, they weren?t going into this alone anymore. They might just make it out of this yet.

TAG: Kraid
  3. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fools' Gamble

If doubt could manifest itself physically, it would be through Kraid's body language.

"So they're just gonna sit back and let us go in? They hang out back where it's safe? I don't trust these punks. Law enforcement setting up some out-of-towners as fall guys, yeah, never heard that one before."

TAG: Cap'n
  4. JediDingo Force Ghost

star 3
    IC:
    Jasen

Jasen followed the purple Twi'lek named Sinya into the galley. She offered him an assortment of drinks, and possible snacks. Jasen smiled, rubbing his stuble of a beard. He wacthed her as she began to prepare the food. She had really spraked his intrest in her. There was just something about her, and it wasn't just her stunning features. The Corellian was surprised by his attraction. Maybe something more would come with time, maybe not.

Just before Jasen was going to speak to her, the Duros captian made an annoucemnet that they would be leaving and heading to their desistation.

"Well, I guess we'd better hold off on the meal for a while, sweet heart. We better go find the captian since we'll be tocuhing down soon." Jasen said.

TAG: Anyone
  5. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    IC: Wyl Lorrka

"Uh...yeah," he said to the droid, "I guess we should head up there, huh?"

The droid followed Wyl down the hallway, past the Captain's quarters. Wyl felt the floow lurch beneath his feet as the ship took off for Arnhout. He continued on up the ladder tubes and reached the top level of the ship, and from there it was just a short walk to the turret station, S2 clanking along behind him.

He sank into the chair with reverence and did not yet dare touch the controls. He'd seen turret pods, before, of course, reporting for the war, but he'd never fired one.

"Okay, Esstoo," he said, "what do I do?"

TAG: S2
  6. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    Bridge- Fool?s Gamble

The Captain let out a near inaudible sigh. While what Kraid said could very well be true, pessimism was one thing they didn?t need right now.

?Well, we can only hope, for our sakes and the sake of those in Arnthout, they?re telling the truth. I don?t really see the need for the ruse of sending out ships just to sit there if they plan to do nothing, though? unless they?re watching us to make sure we don?t try to leave the planet.? The Captain shook the thought from his head. Now HE was starting to get pessimistic. ?Anyway, we?ll be coming up on Arnthout in six minutes. Once my team and I leave the ship, the ship is under your command, my friend, and feel free to let anyone aboard know that fact if they try to give you trouble, so make use of anyone still aboard to keep her flying and keep your ear out for my signal.?

TAG: Kraid

IC: S2-56G
    Upper Gunnery Pod- Fool?s Gamble

Leaning over Wyl?s shoulder, S2 began to systematically point out the general controls of the gunnery pod, the targeting computer, the firing mechanisms, and the comm. headsets to communicate with the other pod and the bridge.

?Your biggest challenge won?t be the operation of the dual-cannons,? the Utility Droid said, sounding very much like a computer tutorial, ?but trying to shoot at your target while we?re moving. Thankfully, you might not have to do much shooting from up here since the ground will be out of your line of sight most of the time, but when a target does come into view I have heard it said that shooting ahead of where you intend to hit is good rule of thumb. Unless you have superb reflexes, your target could be out of sight by the time you get to firing if you?re lining you aim up directly at it. Now, do you have any questions, Mr. Lorrka??

TAG: Wyl
  7. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6

"Uh...no, not right now, now...just point and pull the trigger, lead the target...should I be worried about overheating? Power cells? I guess not, right? Who's manning the other gun?" Wyl asked all this while placing his hands on the controls, gently and slowly swinging the chair left to right, up and down, testing to see whether or not he'd be able to shoot the ship's hull. "Smooth as an aiwha's back," he said.

A miscalculated swivel made the chair swing almost upside down. Wyl yelped, and returned it to it's rest position. He chuckled with a mirth that didn't reach his eyes.

8. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    Upper Gunnery Pod- Fool?s Gamble

?As long as he systems are working well or you don?t keep firing for several minutes straight without stopping, there should be no worries of overheating, and since the cannons are tied into the ship?s power systems, no need to replace power cells. As to the other pod, it was requested that I take the lower seat. I?ve never actually operated them before, but I don?t foresee any particular difficulties. If there is nothing else, then, I?ll leave you to get accustomed to the controls while I head to the lower pod. Please put on your headset so that once I?m down there we can test our pod comms.?

As he turned to head away, S2 caught a glimpse of the human nearly swiveling upside down in his seat before quickly correcting himself. ?Please be careful, Mr. Lorrka. The seats can be particularly sensitive at time.?

Exiting the turret pod, he reached the ladder heading down before retrieving his own handheld commlink. ?Captain, I?ve shown Mr. Lorrka to the upper pod and educated him on the firing systems and am about to head down to the lower pod myself. Is there anything that you need before I go down below??

?No, I think we?re good, S2. Good luck down there.?

?Thank you, Captain,? the droid replied, reattaching the comm. before climbing down the ladder.

Tag: Wyl
  9. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

"Roger. Once we touch down and drop you off, I'm gonna circle around and do a couple of strafing runs if necessary. If it's bad I'll take a high orbit and do some sharp dives at targets. I'll try not to use the torpedoes or missiles if I don't have to, don't want to take you out, too." A small laugh left Kraid after the last comment, but he stopped. It was funny for only a moment.

TAG: Cap'n
  10. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6

Embarrassed by a droid. Pull yourself together, Wyl. Wyl went over the systems, again, familiarizing himself with the controls, seeing what he could reach easily and what would be harder. Finally, he sat back and watched the Tatooine sky whizz by, two suns low on the horizon.

Finally, he slid down the ladder and made his way to the Captain's quarters, where he filled his flask. He'd need that, and the captain had offered it, so...

Turning on his heels, he hurried back to the turret. He took a seat, and a swig.

TAG: No one and everyone.
  11. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    Bridge- Fool?s Gamble

Jav side-glanced over to Kraid and cracked a smile. ?Yes, try not to take us down with the Tuskens. This doesn?t feel like a very good day to die.?

TAG: Kraid?or No one

Lower Gunnery Pod- Fool?s Gamble

Arriving down in the lower turret pod, S2-56G took his place gentle in the gunner?s seat and, reaching for the comm. headset onto the wall, tightened the headband and placed it over his auditory sensors while positioning the mouth piece over his vocal processor. ?Alright, Mr. Lorrka. Testing?can you hear me??

TAG: Wyl
  12. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6

Almost as soon as Wyl put the headset on, he heard S2's voice piping through it. ?Alright, Mr. Lorrka. Testing?can you hear me??

"Yeah, loud and clear, Esstoo."

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    I'll have a post later today or tomorrow. Been busy writing essays and im pooped :(
  14. Shinrai Jedi Padawan

OOC: This post is a bit long, my apologies?
    Character Changes ? Languages: Ugnaught, Basic, Binary; Equipment: Schematic Remote (Binks), FastTurn-3 Hydrospanner, F-187 Fusion-Cutter, Glow Rod, Datapad, Welding Faceshield, Roamer-6 Breathmask, Reliacharger Power Calibrator, Prybar, Double Barrel Scatter-shot Shattergun Varient (aka -Shredder Cannon), Ion Blaster, Electronic Toolkit (wire strippers, crimpers, soldering iron, etc.), tool backpack, leather shop apron, and various resistors, wire spools & piecemeal electronic components.

IC: Gorrk
    Arnthout, Tatooine

Waves of heat rose into the midday sky, lending the illusion that the endless waves of sand were actually a silent golden ocean. Twin suns shone mercilessly overhead, adding even more heat to the furnace that was midday Tatooine.

A diminutive, pig-like creature hobbled his way down the street, an exaggerated limp on his right side. Beads of perspiration accumulated on his balding head of long, stringy gray hair, to trace a greasy track down his dirty and wrinkled face. His gray robes were already soaked with sweat and his leather apron and heavy tool backpack weren?t helping. He stopped in the meager shade of an adobe building to catch his breath and scratched the long scar running down the left side with a porky finger. If he had any idea that leaving home all those years ago would be so troublesome, he never would have entertained the thought in the first place. He?d probably still have both his tusks too?

?Gorrk!?

The Ugnaught started, turning to the source of the voice.

?Get that kriffing antenna working! Now!?

Gorrk?s left eyelid twitched in annoyance. He hated humans, he really did. Ever since he had left his home world he had gotten nothing but disrespect from them. They knocked him around without apologizing, they jeered, they made fun of his appearance (or smell) and looked down on him? now they were ordering him around. He repressed the urge to make a rude gesture at Captain Banai ? hunkered down behind a makeshift barricade and glaring at him ? and continued on his journey.

It had been seventy-one hours since the Mos Entha Police transports arrived and seventy since the Sand People attacked and captured them. Gorrk hadn?t been around for what had happened out there, but from what he?d heard he was glad he wasn?t. The transports landed somewhere in the miles of outlying moisture farms to see if any civilians remained, while a smaller detachment had come to evacuate those in the town itself. Gorrk heard the first frenzied screams as they came in over the police coms. The men at the farms had been ambushed and were losing ground fast. Captain Banai quickly led his men to go help their comrades, but in the end they had to abandon their transports and fall back to hold Arnthout. Fewer faces returned than set out, and that had Gorrk worried. The flash of blaster fire lit up the sky long into the night.

Gorrk made it to the police station, the only sturdy building in Arnthout and the pseudo-headquarters for the town during this crisis. It was two floors of dull gray stresscrete with windows around all sides. The civilians and wounded were taking shelter in the basement in case the Tuskens came again, while the Police and volunteer militia were out defending the town, falling back to the station as a last resort. Hopefully, he could make it down to the basement if an attack came... he might carry a gun but he was certainly no warrior.

He took a moment to catch his breath while ignoring the sneers of the men and women around him. They?d been doing that since yesterday, when one of the Tusken pickets bottling in the town had taken a potshot at him and hit the transceiver on the roof, knocking out their only line of communication. It wasn?t his fault, not really. He was naturally curious and inspecting such an old transceiver had seemed a great way to keep his mind away from the fact that he could die at any moment. He certainly hadn?t asked for the Tusken to shoot at/>
  15. Sentinel-825 Jedi Knight

star 1
    GM Approved

Name: ME-L7 (goes by Mel)

Species: Droid

Appearance: Mel is a top-of-the-line ME Combat droid, a newly created model by GalactiDroid Architecture. He stands at approximately seven feet in height and weighs about six hundred pounds. His interior robotics are covered by a thick, shiny steel plating, and his body was made to resemble a human's, sans flesh. His head is a simple dome that rotates whenever he wishes to shift his vision, his eyes two glowing white lights and a small audio device located where a mouth would be. Mel is a step forward in droid engineering in that he is able to move fluidly, with the ability to bend his arms and legs without mechanical failure, therefore he can walk and behave like a normal being. He also wears normal galactic clothing to help blend with crowds.

Homeworld: Coruscant

Weapons: E-11b blaster rifle, DC-15x sniper rifle, 434 "DeathHammer" blaster pistol, three Class-A thermal detonators, and an assortment of pressure, flash, and concussion bombs, all of which were given to him by Governor Valarian of Tatooine from a private collection.

Profession: Bodyguard

Languages: Basic and most common galactic languages

Alignments: Governor Valarian of Tatooine

Biography: Manufactured by GalactiDroid Architecture on Coruscant, ME-L7, more commonly known as Mel, was directly purchased by Governor Valarian of Tatooine to be her personal bodyguard. As time passed, Mel began to develop a nearly obsessive liking of explosions, for he had seen them occur many times on Holovids, and saw one in actuality for his first time when he used a thermal detonator on an isolated gas chamber. After that, he became mesmerized, much to the dismay of Valarian.

Also, Mel suffers from a strange mental glitch in his system, and he is adamant that the entire galaxy is a conspiracy from an outside force. He believes that every move he makes is being written by a superior and anonymous being in another dimension that he simply refers to as "The Herald." These quirks often irritate Valarian, which sometimes leads to Mel being physically abused by her, though it's usually nothing more than a slap on his domed head. Otherwise, he behaves normally, though is not very talkative with people he doesn't know, fortunately for them.
  16. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    OOC: Amazing post Shinrai!

Sentinel: When you say "sans-flesh," do you mean that the metal casing is meant to be humanoid, or that the metal casing is meant to look like a humanoid skeleton?
  17. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4

As far as we discussed, I believe he just meant it looked human/humanoid in shape but that it just didn't have flesh. If I'm mistaken, please speak up, Sentinel.
  18. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    IC: Aden Kya, Gamble hallway

Letting Sinya and Jasen head off, Aden wandered back to the lounge, so Li would have someone to toddle around in. As he arrived, he saw Arca, and curved his lips into a smile. Before he could talk, however, he heard the bulletin.

?Attention all passengers, this is your Captain speaking. We are now departing Mos Eisley Spaceport enroute for our destination, the settlement of Arnthout. Our ETA will be 15 minutes. Be prepared for this people. We might not get a second chance.?

Pursing his lips, preparing to talk, but wanting to make his own preparations, Aden paused. "We'll have to speak later. But, remember, I know what you are." He quickly held up a hand, which Li, still in his hands, grabbed and started chewing on as ever. Aden chuckled.

"But don't worry. I'm not going to expose you. But, if you have anything which will weigh you down, I suggest you leave it in my room. I'm leaving Li there, and you haven't been assigned quarters. I trust you to save us, after all."

Aden had guessed the lightsaber was broken, or something, as Jedi loved to produce it at a moments trouble. Earlier, in the motel, he hadn't, so Aden assumed it wasn't functioning, or he didn't have one. They often gave you away, Aden had found that coming into Customs. Taking a breath, he turned, not checking whether Arca had followed him.

He opened the door, and placed Li down. He crouched down, holding his finger out, and making sure Li didn't grab it. "Stay in here. No matter what, don't leave, okay?"

"Yes sir." The child looked terrified, temporarily, and then seemed to recover. Someone had said that to him before.

"Good boy. Sleep tight." Aden stood, and checked his holdout blaster, beneath his right armpit. He would have liked to put on his Imperial Knight armour, sealed in his duffel and padlocked with a code and underneath his bed, but it wouldn't help much. So, Aden left it at that, and nodded to himself.

TAG: Sarge221
  19. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Millik Arca (Arc Naru)
    Fool's Gamble, Lounge

"We'll have to speak later. But, remember, I know what you are."

Millik didn't make any movement that Aden could see, seeming to fake it and pretending that he was using those fifteen minutes for a nap. However, beneath his closed lids, Millik's eyes moved in the direction where he heard the annoying voice that made him want to pull out his blaster and shoot the owner right then and there. Apparently, Aden did figure out what he was after that encounter with the Gamorreans.

"But don't worry. I'm not going to expose you. But, if you have anything which will weigh you down, I suggest you leave it in my room. I'm leaving Li there, and you haven't been assigned quarters. I trust you to save us, after all."

Millik waited a moment, listening to Aden's footsteps. It was only then that his eyes finally opened, a frown appearing on his face. Slowly, Millik planted his feet back onto the floor and stood back up on his feet, one hand curling into a fist and he used it to tap against his holstered blaster, fighting against the sudden urge to unholster it and shoot Aden in the back.

Forcing his hand to relax - but still hovering close to his blaster - Millik walked where Aden was, debating on whether he should rethink about using the Force or not for this little upcoming "talk". Nah, with fifteen minutes left until they got to Arnthout, Millik didn't think that there would be too much trouble.

Course, that was all up to Aden.

TAG: Sinrebirth
  20. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: I'll give you all at least one more day to post before I move us on to Arnthout, so just give you all a heads up.
  21. Sentinel-825 Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC:

That is correct. :)
  22. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    Bridge- Fool?s Gamble

??one hear me? This is---<bzzt>geant Trell of the Mos En---<bzzt>lice detachment in Arnthout <bzzt>-- requesting immediate evac. Please respo??

That was the brief snippet of transmission that managed to play over the bridge comm. system from a wide-range general broadcast they had received as they reached the two minute mark ?til their arrival at the settlement before it had dropped. Glancing towards Kraid, the Captain smiled weakly. ?Well, at least we know someone out there is arrive.?

Jav looked back to the console and flipped the shipwide comm, sending out a general broadcast across the ship. ?Two minutes ?til arrival in Arnthout. Jasen, Sinya, Vitch, Zem and Erik, please report to the cargo bay immediately, primed and ready to go.?

TAG: Zem, Sinya, Jasen
  23. MoonlightsAngel Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Ryelee Hadrian
    Bridge.

?Well, thank you very kriffing much for the vote of confidence.? muttered the boy, annoyed.

He forgot about it very soon though, as they came nearer and nearer to Arnouth. The tiny little town was raided by Tuskens? what good, or even acceptable thing could come from that? Stupid aliens and their stupid quarrels.

Rye looked from the Kraid to the Captain and back, being completely ignored. Truth be told, this didn?t bother him in the slightest bit, au contraire, it gave him time to think. He frowned slightly, looking back at the controls thoughtfully. He had a horrible feeling about this.

?Kriff, paranoid much?? thought the blond, shifting in his chair.

?Two minutes ?til arrival in Arnthout. Jasen, Sinya, Vitch, Zem and Erik, please report to the cargo bay immediately, primed and ready to go.?

Silently, Ryelee reached forward, taking the headset and strapping it to his head safely, cracking his fingers nervously.

?Well, no turning back now.? He stated to himself, the ever present cheeky gaze leaving his eyes as he checked to make sure all the comms and systems were in perfect working order, if only to ease his paranoid mind.

Tag: Bridge.

---------------

IC: Azul Hadrian
    Fool?s Gamble.

Azul looked around the room she shared with her crew mates for the fifth billionth time. The terracotta pot sat safely by her bed, the flower on it, although it hadn?t bloomed yet, gave off a sweet, soothing scent.

With a sigh, she walked out and headed for the Galley, her holstered blaster a reassuring weight on her side. The long skirt and lose shirt had been replaced with cargo pants and a brown tank top, her hair up in a ponytail.

?It?s been too long? The young woman thought nervously.

Azul walked into the Galley, finding a glass and filling it to the brim with water, drinking it in small, thoughtful sips as she leaned against a counter, ignoring everyone else in the room.

?Two minutes ?til arrival in Arnthout. Jasen, Sinya, Vitch, Zem and Erik, please report to the cargo bay immediately, primed and ready to go.?

Azul looked up at Sinya and smiled faintly.

?Well, good luck.? she said sincerely ?Bring them back in one piece.? she added with a wink.

Tag: Anyone
  24. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Kraid Tynne

"You know that kriffing annoys me," Kraid let out, "every single time you're going into a situation to pick up someone they have a so-called bad comm. I swear they're turning that thing on and off to make you think they're in dire need of help. Ticks me off."

With that, Kraid set the bridge headsets to hot mike. Whoever was on the bridge or in the gun turrets could speak to each other without having to key their comms. Kraid's tone suddenly sounded a bit more professional and calm but with a hint of excitement.

"Hot mike, check, Rylee, Wyl, S2, we can now hear and talk to each other easier. Two minutes out. Standby..." Kraid flipped a dangerous looking switch on the console between him and the Captain. "Master Arm: ARMED. Alright Wyl and S2, that means you can blast whatever the kriff you want out there, just make sure it shoots at us first before you shoot at it. But if it looks like a Tusken, shoot anyway.

"Rylee, ready yourself with the tactical displays, you're my second set of eyes. Anything that looks weird coming at us you jam the stars out of it. Listen to the comms for anything funny. You know what, Rylee, go ahead, direct main lighting power into the shields, everyone can survive on emergency lights but not on insufficient shields."

Kraid looked at the Captain. "Alright Cap'n, and the rest of you, I'm gonna set her down hard and fast, let you out, and get back up quick. I'll take an orbit around the city, altitude dictated by how much resistance we meet. If it's small arms fire we'll fly around and strafe the heck out of them. If they unleash cannons or missiles we'll have to do some more drastic attack runs. Call us where you need an air strike."

TAG: bridge, turrets
  25. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: S2-56G and Captain Jav Boran
    Fool?s Gamble

?S2-56G, ready and standing by,? came the droid?s voice over the comm. as Kraid prepared them for their upcoming arrival.

Despite the two minute warning, it didn?t seem to take long before Arnthout came up on sensors and, soon after, visually through the main viewport, a great cloud of smoke and dust rising up from it. By all estimations, the city was arranged north to south, while they were coming in from south-east. On the southern edge of the town, a great rabble had come together that, as they approached, revealed itself to be the Tusken raiding party. Arnthout seemed to be in a great state of ruin at this point with nearly a third of its building demolished, most of those being on the south end of town. One building in particular towards the southern end seemed to be the source of the great cloud they had seen on approach, spewing smoke the collapsed structure. The area around the settlement was a sea of sandy flats with what could have once been Moisture farms lying to its south, south-west and ?east, some of which they had picked up on their approach. Aware of the ship?s approach, several of the Tusken sharpshooters took up positions and attempted to fire at the ship, the pings of projectiles sounding on the hull like tiny stones flying up to assaulting them.

?Looks like its going to be too dangerous to attempt a landing on the south and there?s no area of cover except for the buildings themselves, so we?re probably going to have to perform the drop-off on the far northern end, behind one of the buildings on either side of the street.? The Captain said as he pointed to the readout on the sensor display. ?At the very least, the Tuskens are grouped together for you, so it should make for good shooting.?

Standing from the pilot?s seat, Jav turned and made his way towards the lifttubes. ?I?ve got something to pick up from my quarters before we land, so the bridge is yours, Kraid. Good luck to you both. If the north doesn?t look good, I?ll leave it to your discretion on where to let us out. May the Force be with you.?

And with that, he disappeared off the bridge.

Several minutes later, Captain Boran reappeared in the cargo bay, freshly dressed in his long brown leather jacket and with his pistol holstered at his side. Sinya, Vitch, Jasen, Zem and Erik were already standing there, ready and waiting. ?Alright, ladies and gentlemen. It?s game time??

TAG: Kraid, Ryelee, Sinya, Jasen, Zem
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.